Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sasuke's Child ❯ Itachi ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Karasu walked into the Sound territory with great discomfort. In all his years of being a ninja, this was the first time he had come here. Taking off his headband before he came into their territory seemed to have kept him away from some battles. Even so, he couldn't drop his guard.
'So if my fathers here, how am I going to talk to him,' Karasu thought as he passed another tree.
He knew if he was there it wasn't going to be easy.
"State your name and reason," a ninja said as he walked up to the village.
"My name is Shikyo Karasu, and I'm just traveling." Karasu made sure to hide all his ninja gear before coming, and that he looked like a poor traveler.
"Shikyo Karasu, or Death Raven, if I didn't know better boy, I'd say it was a cover name. So what's your real name traveler?" Karasu could see this guy wasn't that stupid.
"I am Uchiha Karasu," the man backed up when Karasu said his name.
"Uchiha! Whoa! Lord Orochimaru will want to see you immediately!" The man then urged Karasu to follow him.


"Hakani, why are you disturbing me?" A voice hissed out like a angered snake on strike to the man in front of Karasu. "Uh, Lord Orochimaru, this boy here says he from the Uchiha clan!" At that he pushed Karasu in front of him and this 'Lord Orochimaru' seemed rather happy.
Karasu didn't like this, something seemed off.
"A Uchiha, eh? Any chance you're Uchiha Itachi's son?" Karasu didn't like how he said his uncle's name, and he was starting to think he shouldn't of come.
"No, Uchiha Itachi is my uncle, I am Uchiha Sasuke's son." Orochimaru's voiced hissed in delight at Sasuke's name.
"Hmmmm, I see the resemblance now. You do look a lot like him. Too bad Sasuke's not here. He left 6 months ago. All this time I was wondering what he was hiding, and now I know...." Orochimaru paused for a moment as he started to laugh hauntingly, as if he was a snake on the hunt.
Karasu knew right then, if he didn't leave now, he might not ever leave. Running to the door, he saw what looked like a tongue! Karasu dodged the tongue only to hear Orochimaru scream 'catch him'.


Karasu ran and ran until finally it was safe, and the Sound ninjas were out of sight. He laid on a tree to catch his breath and to think about what he had accomplished. Aside from being chased by Sound ninjas, all he knew was that his father had left 6 months ago. Now he found himself in the same situation that he was in when he started! His question to himself was, now what? Well he could always go to another village. Wait why go to another village when he knew his uncle was a Akatsuki member. Why not join up with them so he could be close to him. He was surprised he didn't think of this sooner! First though, he needed to find them and then try to be a member.


Karasu found himself outside the base of the Akatsuki.
"You there state your name and reason, other wise, I'm going to have to kill you." Activating his Sharigan, he looked over at the man.
"I am Uchiha Karasu, and I am wanting to join up with the Akatsuki." He could see the man was startled, but he was happy.
"Oh, I see, another Uchiha. Itachi will be happy to know we have another. Please follow me." So by the looks of it, his uncle would like it that he was here. Following the guy, he could see some people staring at him. Then he realised, his Sharigan was still active! He sort of laughed as he deactivated it. Now he was wondering where his uncle was. He shrugged it off when the man said they were there.


He was led into a large room with a man in the middle.
"Who is this and why did you bring him here?" he seemed to growl at them when he spoke.
"Sir, this is Uchiha Karasu and he says he wants to join us!" Karasu saw the bosses eyebrow raise.
"Another Uchiha? Itachi hasn't been doing anything has he?"
"No, I am Uchiha Sasuke's son, Itachi's my uncle." By now Karasu was wonder why everyone was saying that he was his uncles son.
"I see, I' have to talk with Itachi before I can allow you to join. Until then you will be accompanied by one of our members."


Karasu waited and waited for Itachi to show up. Finally he was called to see the boss.
"Itachi, look at this boy, is he your nephew?" The boss asked as Karasu looked directly at his uncle.
"I didn't know that my brother had children, we don't really get along. I don't know." Karasu could tell that Itachi didn't know what to think of him.
"Then how do we know you're not lying to us, Karasu?"
"Easy, this," Karasu activated the Sharigan again for them. Both the boss and Itachi couldn't deny that he was an Uchiha with that.
"How old are you, Karasu?" Itachi asked which surprised him.
"20, why?" Both Itachi and the boss looked at each other.
"That's when Sasuke left was 20 years ago, and since then he's been causing trouble for us." Itachi said very cool like. Karasu could see that they were planning something.
"Itachi, since Karasu is your nephew he will be your responsibility."


Karasu looked down at his new robes. They were black and had red and white outlines of clouds. He hated that everyone else wore these too. Karasu wanted more individuality, but since that wasn't apart of his goal, he bite his tongue.
As he put them on he heard, "Karasu, do you have any other siblings?"
He knew that voice now, it was his uncle.
"No, I'm an only child. Dad left before I was born," Karasu replied.
He was wondering why Itachi was so curious about their family. Come on, he killed off their family!
"Um, uncle, why are you so interested? I thought you killed most of our family." He didn't expect Itachi to answer him.
Karasu had found Itachi to be the silent but deadly type. So it was no surprise when Itachi just stood there. As he closed his robe and put on his hat, he now realised what he hadn't done yet. He hadn't slashed his headband. Taking it off, he wished that his uncle wasn't here. However, Itachi was told to watch him and so he wouldn't leave. Taking out a kunai, he brought it over his headband. Fastly, he slashed the Konoha symbol. Karasu felt like crying as the pain of what he just did sunk in. Putting it back on, he turned to Itachi.
"Now what?" "We go and do our first mission together." Itachi said as cold as ever.


Karasu and Itachi had been ordered to watch Orochimaru. The Akatsuki thought that Sasuke might go back to him soon.
"Hey uncle, what's the deal with Orochimaru? I met him once and he seemed... Homo!" Itachi looked at his nephew like he was stupid.
"He might, however, Karasu, don't mess with him unless needed. It isn't our goal to kill Orochimaru." Karasu didn't know what to think of Itachi. Sometimes he was cold and other times he seemed to care.
"I don't understand you uncle Itachi. One moment you act like nothing can phase you, and the next you act like you care! I mean, it's kind of weird." Karasu's words seemed to amuse Itachi.
"You could die and I wouldn't care, I'm just helping you because I don't want the boss to have my hide later." Karasu was growing angry with him, but remembered that this wasn't the place to start a fight. Besides, it wouldn't go over well to fight him.
"Hey uncle, that looks weird." Karasu said as he looked over at where Orochimaru and whom he came to know as Kabuto, were talking.
Itachi looked where Karasu was looking.
The next thing Karasu knew Itachi was gone.
'Where'd he...' Karasu started to think right before he saw Kabuto hit the ground.
"What," he heard Orochimaru hiss. Karasu saw what Itachi was up to.
Standing up, Karasu then ran and picked up Kabuto.


"You're sharp, Karasu." Itachi complemented as he and Karasu tied Kabuto up.
"Thanks, now how about we find out what they were talking about."


It took hours to get Kabuto to tell them the truth. When he did they found out that Orochimaru was planning to take Sasuke by force, and that he was doing it soon.
"Uncle, what do you think we do?" Karasu didn't want this to happen to his father.
"First we must kill him, second, we must stop Orochimaru. It is our job to keep Sasuke safe until we kill him." Karasu could see that Itachi wanted him to kill Kabuto.
So he killed Kabuto with no since of emotion or feeling, as cold as a stone.
"Now let's take care of this and finish our mission."