Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Save Your Last Dance For Me ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5: Father Meets Boyfriend
 
“Naruto… Father wants to meet you.” Hinata muttered as she met Naruto the next morning by the lockers. She didn't know if it was good news or what. “We expected it, right? I'll come, Hinata. I told you Uzumaki Naruto never runs away from his obstacles especially for the girl he really loves.” Naruto pronounced.
 
Naruto noticed how worried Hinata was by the look on her face. He patted her on the shoulder and said, “It's alright, Hinata. Don't worry about it. We can do it. Trust me.” Naruto assured. Hinata smiled a little and was way comforted with Naruto's words. They both went straight to their next classes.
 
* * *
 
The next morning when everyone was in the study hall, the news about Naruto admitting to Hinata was all over the group. Neji had spread the news since he could hardly contain his excitement about it. They all had different reactions.
 
“I'm so happy for Hinata. We all know that she has liked Naruto for a long time, even before we entered high school.” Sakura said. “Yeah, I agree with you. Well, I'm also happy for Naruto since finally she already found the girl who would make him happy… finally… It's better besides having a crush on a girl who likes another guy… Right, Sakura?!” Tenten said. Sakura just smiled at her. She was also grateful that Naruto has shifted his attention to another girl who would like him back, not like her (Sakura) whose heart will always stay faithful to the great Uchiha.
 
“I just wonder why a girl, a beautiful princess like Hinata would like a loudmouth guy like Naruto. I mean, it looks a bit strange… but however, opposites do attract.” Temari remarked. “Whatever, Temari. Just look at it the other way. It's so romantic, right? I wish…” Ino said, shifting to daydreaming again about Sasuke and her going together. The girls sighed at her attitude.
 
-at the boys' group-
 
“I can't believe Naruto would have the courage to do that.” Sasuke commented. “Oh come on, Sasuke. You're supposed to be used to the courage Naruto has. Remember all his battles. All he used was courage and determination to win.” Lee said. Shikamaru just sighed like he usually does. The first couple to go the dance, he thought jealously. “Wait, Kiba… Is it alright with you?” Chouji asked, remembering the Kiba once had a huge crush on Hinata when they were teammates. “Come on, Chouji. It's past okay? And everyone knows that. I'm even happy for them.” Kiba replied. “Really, Kiba. Really?” Kankorou teased.
 
Sasuke turned to Neji. “If Naruto could confess his feelings and ask a girl to the dance, why can't you Neji?” Sasuke asked. Neji just glared at Sasuke. “It's different with me, Sasuke. Naruto is so outgoing and he can easily express his feelings. But for me and maybe for you, it's way hard. Besides, I think it was obvious to Naruto that Hinata liked her too… I mean, for the past years Hinata showed it. And also, why don't you do the confessing first?” Neji said. Sasuke chuckled at him. “It's as if I'm going to ask out a girl. And it's as if I already like a girl… Not like you, Neji! By the way… who's the girl?” Sasuke asked with interest. “It's like I don't know you, Sasuke. I know in your heart of hearts, you're hiding something. I know you Sasuke… Haha! Let me return the question… Who's the girl?” Neji returned.
 
Sasuke rolled his eyes. “Whatever, Neji. It's not the right time to tell who the girl is. I just have a guess who you're going to ask out.” Sasuke said. “Okay, okay, okay. I understand I understand. Well, I know you're not going to guess it right but tell me who you're guess is!” Neji exclaimed. Sasuke studied Neji's excited face. Maybe he was right about his guess and wished that the girl was the one Neji would ask out. “It's Tenten, isn't it?”
 
Neji gulped at the guess. He swallowed hard. “Huh? Tenten? N-no! N-nah, you? You're wrong! You're wrong, Sasuke! Tenten and I are best friends, hello?” Neji took all the courage to deny it. “Really, Neji? Really? It isn't Tenten? Come on, stop denying. I know you very well… Especially that I found her picture stuck in your Algebra book.” Sasuke said, holding up a pretty picture of Tenten in her kimono. Neji turned red. If he only didn't forget to remove it…
 
“Okay fine, Sasuke. You win… Yeah, it's Tenten. And that's the problem about it. We're best friends and she just looks at me as a friend. So maybe, that's why I can't ask her out.” Neji replied sadly. Sasuke stared at Neji with sympathy. “I understand, Neji. But it's not bad trying. You're best friends, right? If you two are truly are, then she'd understand if you'd explain. She knows you well and understands you better. It's worth trying.” Sasuke advised. “Maybe Sasuke, maybe.” Neji mumbled, with a tint of hope in his heart.
 
* * *
 
After school, Neji, Tenten, Hinata and Naruto were together walking along the street to the Hyuuga mansion. Tenten was there to give moral support to Naruto and Hinata and well, also to be with her best friend. “I believe that you can do it, Naruto. Remember that you're doing this for Hinata.” Tenten advised. “Of course, I will. Thanks anyway Tenten, for the advice.” Naruto replied. Hinata just smiled a smile of thanks.
 
“I'll also be there to help them out. I'm in full support for this couple.” Neji said. Tenten brightened up. “That's great, Neji! I'm glad you're in support for your beloved cousin. Help them, please.” Tenten said. “I will. As long as my cousin is happy and she's not hurt, I'll support her.” Neji said. Then he turned to Naruto. “One more thing, Naruto. If you ever make my cousin cry, you'll experience the greatest Dyuuken ever. Promise me that.” “I promise, Neji. I'll give you the permission to do that if I'll make Hinata-chan cry.” Naruto said.
 
Finally, they arrived at the Hyuuga mansion. Tenten went ahead and the other three entered the house. Hinata's father was the one who opened the door, expecting his daughter's escort to be there. “Good evening, Sir.” Naruto greeted as politely as possible in the way he never did before. “Oh… Good evening, Uzumaki Naruto. Welcome to the Hyuuga mansion and feel at home.” Hinata's father greeted back. He led the three to the living room while the dinner was being prepared. When they were settled, some of the Hyuuga clan members including Hinata's mother went into the room to see the new visitor. This was what Hinata feared the most since she had seen what happened to one of her cousins who brought her (cousin) boyfriend along and everyone did not approved of him. Naruto was a bit shocked but went on the ride. One of Hinata's cousins went to Naruto. “Hey, Mister Naruto! Do you remember me?” the cousin, in the name of Yori greeted. Naruto studied the little girl's face. “Hey! It's glad to see you again. Yori, right? You're Konohamaru's friend whom I met at when I visited the Academy playground once. How are you?” Naruto greeted. “Academy is fine! I have many friends. You're a great ninja right? Will you play with us, Naruto? Please? While we wait for dinner to be settled?” Yori pleaded. Naruto glanced at Hinata who glanced back at him unsurely. Naruto turned to Yori. “Okay, Yori. Let's play!” Naruto replied. Hinata was about to follow Naruto but Neji and her father stopped her.
 
Yori led Naruto to another room and introduced him to her other cousins. Other clan members followed to see if he was really nice. Naruto had an easy time to play with Yori. He also gave them advice to becoming a good ninja. Hinata, in the living room, was worried but at the same time felt that it was like Naruto was her fiancé and they were about to get married. She giggled at that thought. Finally, Naruto returned to the living room with the other clan members. They all went to the dining room but Yori tugged at Hinata's shirt. Hinata turned to her cousin. “We're approved of him. We like Naruto so much.” Yori said. Hinata smiled brightly. They went to the dining room and everyone settled in their own places. Naruto sat in a `visitor chair' beside Hinata and they all started eating. The clan was all quiet and Hinata's father was the only one questioning Naruto. It looks as though it has been a routine when they had a visitor.
 
Father's questions were fine and Naruto answered them well. He asked how Naruto believes in what a good ninja is, how he wins battles, how he does at school (this he told the truth but said that he wanted to improve!), how he lives his life, etc. Then finally came the most awaited question. “Why was Hinata the one you asked out?” Naruto smiled at the question. He told the truth - what he told Hinata when he admitted his feelings to her. Everyone in the table stopped eating to listen to Naruto's dramatic words and they could really see that he really loved Hinata, from the way his words coming from the heart. Hinata's father nodded in understanding. After that question, everyone went back to eating quietly. After finishing the food, everyone rose up except for Father, Hinata, Neji and Naruto. “So, do I have something to say?” Hinata's father asked in somewhat a teasing manner. Hinata glared at her father, unbelieving. “Oh yeah, I remembered. Hinata, we have to start looking for a nice dress for you on the Christmas Dance. And Naruto? We can provide you with a nice suit. We want you two to look good together.” Father said. Neji smiled. Hinata and Naruto hugged each other tightly, both feeling relieved and happy.