Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets of the Uzamaki Clan ❯ Pretty Colors ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanks for the reviews. I'm so happy this fic doesn't suck! For those of you who read chapter two yesterday I updated it late last night so you might want to make sure you got the whole thing.
 
Naruto awoke four hours later to be surrounded by seven foxes. "Why are you here?" Naruto asked. "You should know by now I summon you accidentally when I'm sleeping, not on purpose." One of the foxes grinned at him.
"We were watching your dreams, gaki. By the looks of them you're probably a virgin?" Naruto's cheeks blazed, but in a weird way, he sort of respected the fox's mischievous behavior. He would have done the same thing.
"Yeah, so what? And what business Do you have peeping on my dreams!?" Even though he respected them (sort of) Naruto was still pissed at them. All the foxes smiled this time.
"The females are in heat, and watching dirty movies gets us revved up," one of the other foxes replied.
"You guys are perverted," Naruto stated matter-of-factly. The foxes smiled even bigger and then disappeared. 'Damn, I really wish I could remember what dreams they saw.'
DON'T WORRY KIT, IT WASN'T ANYTHING TOO PERVERTED. ALTHOUGH THAT SENSEI OF YOURS WOULD BE PROUD.
'Shut up fur ball.' Naruto could see the Kyuubi grinning mischievously in his mind. Naruto gave him a quick mental middle finger and then jumped out of bed. Naruto was hadn't bothered to change into his pajamas when he went to sleep so he was already dressed. He did some quick stretches and then he blinked. When he reopened his eyes everything was in varying shades of blue. The refrigerator was the darkest blue.
"What the Hell!?" Naruto shouted out loud. He looked around and noticed that the only thing that wasn't blue was his microwave that had faint wisps of orange and yellow. He looked at his hands and noticed they were orange and yellow except for a thin blue border. Naruto looked in a mirror and saw himself as a blue lined container of yellow and orange with a red center. 'Wait, this is that Beasts Within technique that the fur ball was talking about. What I'm seeing is body heat!' Naruto was surprised, but nonetheless pleased. 'I suppose this would come in handy for finding people. Awesome'. Naruto was pleased until he thought of something. 'Now how do I turn it off? Let's see, Sasuke once told me that he uses chakra to activate his Sharingan, so maybe I need to withdraw chakra from my eyes. Naruto tried to withdraw chakra from his eyes but there was none. 'What? No chakra? Then how is this activated?'
IT'S A GENETIC ABILITIY, KIT. '
Huh?'
(Sighs) YOU USE IT LIKE AN ARM OR A LEG. IT'S A PART OF YOU. TURN IT OFF THE SAME WAY YOU HOLD YOUR ARMS LIMP.
'Okay. Sounds simple enough.' Naruto tried to turn it off and after a few seconds it worked. 'Awesome, thanks Kyuubi.' Naruto dashed out the door to tell Jiraiya so he could train him to use it more effectively. Naruto ran across the rooftops at speeds that few humans, or anything for that matter, could ever hope to match. When Naruto saw Jiraiya's house he started calling out to him.
"Hey! Erro-sennin!" Jiraiya heard his affectionate nickname and automatically realized Naruto was on his way. 'I hope he remembers to use the door,' Jiraiya thought. CRAAAASH! Jiraiya sighed and turned to see his apprentice come in from the window. "Glad I caught you before you went off on your evening, 'research'," Naruto teased.
"Hey, I'll have you know that that research is vital to today's literary greats," Jiraiya replied, defending his being a total pervert.
"Yeah, yeah whatever. Anyway, have I got some news for you!" Naruto filled him in on everything that has happened.
"So, you have two more blood line limit to go, huh? Well, let's hope they won't cause trouble," Jiraiya said.
"If it isn't meant to I'll find a way to change it so it can," Naruto said, confident in his ability as a troublemaker.
"I know you will," Jiraiya replied dryly. Naruto gave him a mischievous grin.
"So, will you train me to master my new senses?" Naruto gave him puppy-dog eyes.
"Fine, but only if you promise that if your ability can help me collect research you'll help me."
"I promise, now lets get to work." They both grinned and started work. Jiraiya brought out targets for Naruto to shoot down with his Uzamaki roar, then made him summon fox after fox after fox and then practice fighting alongside them. Naruto got along fairly well with the clever little fur balls and the clever not-so-little fur balls. After that Jiraiya made him navigate a complex booby-trapped maze with his Beasts Within technique. It took Naruto a little while to get used to the new senses but after that the navigation was pretty easy. After Naruto finished, Jiraiya made him do all the things again, and again.
"Erro-sennin," Naruto whined, panting heavily. "I can barely stand!"
"Fine, you may leave. And remember your promise," Jiraiya said as Naruto ran off. 'Can barely stand, huh?'
A soon as Naruto got home he zapped a few cups of ramen, slurped them down and collapsed into bed. This time he told the foxes that if they peaked on his dreams he'd