Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets of the Uzamaki Clan ❯ The Journey Part 1 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey, what's up? Thank-you all for the reviews and um… yeah, I guess that's it. Oh, wait. If anyone is confused about the Fox Gloves since Kyuubi already gives him claws (sort of), the gloves magnify the chakra and turn it into claws. Example: If Naruto used Rasengan it would split into four claws, each one with a little more than half a Rasengan's power. Onward!
 
"Hey, dobe, where are you going?" Sasuke asked as he saw Naruto heading in the opposite direction of the gates to Konohoa.
"I'm not sure, but I'm not coming back until I figure out how to turn the pheromone thing off!" Naruto replied.
"Oh. Did you remember to tell Tsunade-sama this? If you just up and leave Konohoa will mark you as a missing-nin." There was an awkward silence following Sasuke's reminder.
"SHIT!" was all that was heard as Naruto ran so fast towards the Hokage Tower that the gate guards were spun like tops by the force. Sasuke sighed and followed him.
 
The Godaime was minding her own business, doing paper work when Naruto ran through her office wall. "I'm taking a vacation. BYE!" Before Naruto could run off Tsunade grabbed him by his throat.
"If you're going on a training journey take Ebisu's team with you. Ebisu broke both of his legs and can't train them right now." She manually turned Naruto around to see that Ebisu was there in a wheel chair and standing in front of him was Konohamaru, Inari and Hanabi. Konohamaru grinned and started jumping up and down.
"YES! Naruto-niisan, isn't this awesome!" Inari grinned as well, he didn't jump up and down like an idiot, but he was happy. Hanabi just rolled her eyes. Once Tsunade let go of Naruto he spoke up.
"I guess that'd be cool, but I'm only a chuunin, I can't be their sensei," Naruto said. He was actually pretty crestfallen. He thought it would've been fun, you know, minus Hanabi.
"I give you permission to be temporary sensei of my team, Naruto, as I am unable to teach them," Ebisu answered. He was already signing what looked like release forms. Just then Sasuke came through Naruto's hole in the wall.
"Tsunade-sama, I'm going with Naruto."
"Why?" Naruto asked. He wasn't upset, just confused. Tsunade laughed.
"Afraid that the fan girls will come back once Naruto's gone?" Sasuke said nothing. Naruto smiled.
"Okay everybody, let's go!"
 
Three hours later, well outside Konohoa. "Naruto-niisan," Konohamaru wheezed, "can we slow down a little bit?"
"Hm? Oh, sorry. I forgot that I was travelling with other people there for a minute. In fact, now that we're far enough a way from Konohoa, let's take a break." The genins sat down while Naruto and Sasuke stayed standing. "Okay, I already know a about all of you but fill me in on how you fight so I know how to train you."
"Wow, Naruto," Sasuke said sarcastically, "that's actually a good idea." Naruto flipped Sasuke off and turned back to his 'students'.
"Okay, Hanabi first."
"I fight with the supreme style of the Hyuuga clan and unlike my sister I am quite proficient with it," Hanabi said, her voice dripping with arrogance. Then Konohamaru began.
"I use ninjutsu and follow it up with taijutusu. I couldn't care less about genjutsu," he explained simply. His voice was cocky, but a Naruto-ish sort of cocky.
"I use mainly water jutsu, occasionally ice, and my katana." Inari tapped the katana on his back.
"Okay, Konohamaru sounds like me, I don't know shit about the Hyuuga style, but Inari is also in my area," Naruto surmised. "Okay, lunch!" Naruto reached into his pack, as did everyone else. Naruto had… if you can't guess you're on the wrong anime fic. Sasuke had some rice balls, Konohamaru had ramen, Inari had fish and Hanabi had some weird rich person's meal. It took Naruto and Konohamaru about a minute to finish their several bowls of ramen. Hanabi nearly dropped her chopsticks; she was so horrified by the pair's manners. Inari ignored them and dug into his fish. Sasuke was so used to it by now he didn't even notice. After the meal was over Naruto stood up.
"Okay, have you guys done the tree exercise yet?" The genins looked at Naruto with puzzled expressions. "Guess not. Okay, to practice chakra control, I want you to climb up these trees using only your feet." Naruto showed them what to do by making a show of transferring chakra to his feet and walking up the tree. "You guys might want to start of running. And don't forget to mark your last point on the tree." After he was finished with the explanation he stepped back and let them begin. Each genin stood in front of a tree and prepared their chakra. Konohamaru charged and made it up about six steps before falling on his butt. Hanabi smirked and ran up the tree. She made it about half way before she fell down. Konohamaru scowled at her. Hanabi smirked at him. She just loved to flaunt her 'superiority'. Before she could insult Konohamaru, a kunai landed dangerously close to her. Both genin looked up and their jaws dropped. Inari was sitting on a branch almost all the way to the top.
"Nice job, Inari!" Konohamaru cheered. Inari smiled and gave him a thumbs up sign. Hanabi just turned away and scowled.
"Wow, this is an eerily familiar scene," Naruto whispered to Sasuke who was sitting next to him. Sasuke just nodded. "Nice job Inari! Now while you three practice that I have my own training to do." Naruto stood up and walked a little deeper into the woods.
 
"Okay, Kyushen said that these gloves work with my chakra so…" Naruto pushed some chakra into his hands. He was rewarded with four blue claws coming out of the gloves. "Cool! I wonder…" Naruto pushed a little more chakra into his hands and the claws lengthened. Naruto grinned with delight. He pulsed more chakra through his hand and the claws stretched out until they slice through a tree like butter.
"Interesting toy." Naruto whirled around to see Sasuke watching him.
"Jealous?" Naruto teased.
"Why would I want those hunks of junk," Sasuke replied.
"I'll show you junk!" Naruto's claws stretched out and Sasuke barely managed to avoid. Sasuke smirked and charged Naruto. He threw three kunai that Naruto sliced to ribbons. Unfortunately, the kunais gave Sasuke enough time to sneak behind Naruto and land a punch to his cranium. Naruto landed on his hands, facing Sasuke in a hand stand position. Naruto got a sadistic smile on his face. He opened his mouth and unleashed his now perfected Uzamaki Roar. Sasuke easily dodged the first blast but was caught off guard by the second one because he had expected Naruto to be blown off balance by the first blast. Sasuke went through two trees before he managed to escape.
"Looks like that move is a little more potent," Sasuke said before he disappeared in the underbrush. Naruto smiled again and flipped to his feet before activating his Beasts Within blood -line. Sasuke's eyes visibly widened as he saw Naruto under go a strange transformation. His eyes were slit, like a cat's and were glowing. Also, his ears were pointy. 'What the Hell?" Sasuke wondered. He was even more surprised when Naruto turned to where he was hidden and in an instant was on top of him. "Ouch! Get off, dobe!" Sasuke roughly pushed the laughing Naruto off of him. "Laugh all you want, you caught me off guard and if it wasn't for this damned curse seal I'd break out my sharingan on your ass." Both chuunin where taken back by Sasuke's uncharacteristic outburst, even Sasuke. Guess losing doesn't go over well with Sasuke. Who knew? Naruto looked down, a little crestfallen.
'Sasuke's right, I could use my bloodlines but he couldn't. That wasn't a fair fight,' Naruto thought. After some awkward silence Naruto spike up. "Let's go check on the kids." Sasuke nodded and they walked back to the genins. When they got their it took all of Naruto's self discipline not the burst out laughing. The ever-proud Hyuuga was fuming on the ground, her highest kunai mark three- quarters of the way up. Inari was trying to help Konohamaru who at this point was swearing up a storm. Naruto noticed that Inari had a kunai sticking out of the very tip of the tree. "Okay, come over here, you guy need help." Inari and Konohamaru gladly walked over but Hanabi stayed by her tree. "C'mon Hanabi."
"No, I can do it by myself," Hanabi replied sharply.
"As your temporary sensei I order you to come here!" Hanabi grumbled a little but came none the less. "You guys are too tense and let a few failures get to you. Calm down." Naruto just barely heard Sasuke choke back a laugh. Naruto sent him a death glare. "Well, you guys are probably tired from lack of chakra anyway. Let's call it a day." Hanabi and Konohamaru immediately jumped up.
"NO!" Naruto kind of expected this so he just let out a sigh.
"Okay, fine. You can tire yourselves out if you want. Heck, that's what Sasuke-teme and I did." Konohamaru gave a very Naruto-ish grin.
"Thanks, Naruto-niisan!" Konohamaru ran to the tree and up it. He made it a little more than half way before he fell back down. "YES!"
"Good job, Konohamaru!" Inari cheered before he turned to Hanabi as she prepared to run up the tree. "Good luck, Hanabi!" Hanabi sent Inari a quick glare before she headed up the tree. She made it to a branch almost all the way to the top.
"Great job, Hanabi-chan!" Konohamaru cried out. Hanabi just smirked from her place on the tree. Inari looked from one to the other and flashed a huge grin. Konohamaru gave him a confused look but Inari just started humming a strangely familiar tune. Within a few moments Naruto burst out laughing. Even Sasuke had a small smile. "What's so funny, Naruto?" Konohamaru asked. Choking back laughter, Naruto replied.
"Oh, nothing. Its just that Inari is humming, 'Konohamaru and Hanabi, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G'!" Konohamaru and Hanabi blushed.
"Like Hell!" Hanabi screamed as she pulled out kunai and threw them at Inari and Konohamaru.
"Aaah! Hanabi-chan, what'd I do?" Konohamaru screamed as he dodged a kunai. Naruto chuckled at the scene.
'Maybe we'll get to see what they're made of,' he thought. Eventually Hanabi and Konohamaru were both chasing Inari with murderous glints in their eyes.
"Jeez, can't you take a joke?" Inari shouted as he avoided kunai. Inari hopped up the trees and stood at the top. "Come and get me, now!" Inari stuck his tongue out playfully at them. Konohamaru and Hanabi ran up to the very tip of the tree and started throttling Inari. "Congratulations (cough), you made it!" Konohamaru and Hanabi stopped attacking Inari to notice that they had made it to the top. Konohamaru jumped for joy and nearly fell down but managed to attach himself to another tree. Hanabi let out a small smile before readying to attack Inari again, but she realized he was gone.
"What? Where did he go?" she nearly screamed. Hanabi activated he Byakuugan to see him eating fish behind Naruto. "Inari! I'm going to kill you for insinuating that I would ever kiss that trash!"
"Ouch, that kind of hurt Hanabi-chan." Hanabi gave Konohamaru a death glare and he quickly hid behind Naruto as well. Hanabi ran back down the tree and started throwing kunais at the two boys. Sasuke rolled his eyes.
'Stupid kids,' he thought.
"Hey, that's not nice," Naruto scolded him. Sasuke gave him a confused look.
'I didn't say that out loud, did I?'
"Say what out loud?" Naruto asked. Now he was confused. Not that it took much. Sasuke just shrugged, dismissing it as Naruto just trying to freak him out.
 
"Hey, Inari?" Naruto asked as the group trekked across the forest. The pissed of Hanabi incident has passed.
"What is it, Naruto-niisan?"
"You said you used water and ice jutsus. Where'd you learn them? I know they didn't teach you at the academy."
"Oh, I read some scrolls and made up some moves based on those. Want to see one?" Inari asked hopefully.
"Sure," Naruto replied with a grin.
"Inari, we there isn't any water nearby," Hanabi pointed out. Inari grinned at her.
"Oh, yes there is." The other genins looked at Inari like he was crazy. Sasuke and Naruto had an idea of what he was planning, but where still surprised he could do it. Inari formed a stance and did some quick seals. "Mizu Bunshin no Jutsu!" he cried and a second Inari appeared out of thin air.
"How did you do that?" Hanabi asked, trying to hide her surprise, as it would be undignified.
"There's moisture in the air," both Inaris replied. Konohamaru got a wickedly mischievous grin on his face.
"Hey, Inari, follow me. I want to show you a jutsu Naruto-niisan taught me. Inari followed Konohamaru behind some bushes. Naruto looked confused for a moment but then laughed.
"What's so funny, dobe?" Sasuke asked.
"Konohamaru is going to try to convince Inari to use his mizu bunshins for Harem no Jutsu." Sasuke's eyes visibly widened and Hanabi didn't know exactly what they were talking about but she figured it was vulgar so she 'hmphed'. "Okay, let's take a break while those two practice their mischief. Now I'm sure no girls from Konoha will find me." Hanabi gave Naruto a confused look. Naruto sighed. "Family blood line. Makes past puberty girls go a little crazy."
"A little? I had to save you from almost being raped by Sakura," Sasuke reminded him.
"Whatever. The point is, I'm staying away from Konoha until I figure out how to turn it off."
"Oh. I wondered why my sister has been obsessed with you for the past several years." Now Naruto got a surprised look.
'Years?' he thought. Sasuke rolled his eyes at Naruto's stupidity.
'What an idiot,' he thought.
"Hey!" Naruto shouted back.
'I know I didn't say that out loud.' Sasuke was starting to get confused. This time Naruto made no remark.
"Why hello, Sasuke-kun. Long-time no see." Naruto and Sasuke whirled around.
"Orochimaru!"
 
Hm, a cliffhanger and foreshadowing. Did is spell Byakuugan, right? See you next time!