Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets of the Uzamaki Clan ❯ A Moment of Peace ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thank-you all for the wonderful reviews, suggestions and especially the occasional critisiscim. If you guys (and gals) notice that I'm doing something wrong, I'd be happy if you'd tell me what it is instead of letting me look like an ass who doesn't know jack shit. Onward!
 
"Put the kunai down, Sasuke," Naruto said slowly as Sasuke had him pinned to the wall in the hotel room.
 
"How many did you tell?" Sasuke asked, his tone dangerous.
 
"Well, Temari, Kankouro, the kids and Gaara," Naruto replied not so smartly.
Sasuke's scowl turned into a full-blown rage expression. Instead of replying Sasuke started striking at Naruto with the kunai. "AAGH! Watch it Bastard!" Naruto shouted as he dodged strike after strike. A little later the tree genins came back from a restaurant to see Sasuke on top of Naruto trying to castrate him with a kunai. "Help!" Naruto shouted as he struggled under Sasuke. Inari and Konohamaru burst out laughing until they felt a kunai pressed to each of their throats. Don't ask how Sasuke was holding three, I don't know.
 
"Who. Did. You. Tell?" He asked punctuating each word with venom. Inari and Hanabi immediately said no one, but Konohamaru was a little too much like Naruto.
 
"I just mailed a letter to Moegi and Udon about it," Konohamaru replied right before Sasuke started choking him.
 
"Sasuke! Calm down," Naruto said as ran next to Sasuke and tried to coax him out of his rage. "Deep breaths, remember you calm, bad-ass image you prize so highly." Sasuke released Konohamaru and takes a deep breath before calmly shoving his elbow into Naruto's stomach and calmly leaping out the window. "Ugh, I hope the mailman is smart enough to give up the letter."
 
A little while later, after Naruto said his good byes to Gaara and his sibling, the now four-member group was sitting in the woods. "I still can't believe Sasuke has a crush on that weapons lady!" Konohamaru shouted. "I always expected him to actually like Sakura." Naruto found himself surprisingly un-angered by that statement.
 
'I wonder what Hinata-chan is doing right now…' Naruto thought,
'Wait, what did I just thinks!?' Naruto shook his head clean and turned to Konohamaru who was now pulling on his sleeve.
 
"Hey Naruto-niisan, you said you'd show us a new jutsu later, and now is later!" Naruto grinned at this 'students'.
 
"Okay, let me think for a minute… Okay, I got it. Now watch carefully." Naruto preformed a long series of seal in slow motion and then shouted: "Niryuu Endyan no Jutsu!" Out of Naruto's mouth came a fiery dragon and out of his hand a lighting dragon that swirled around each other and then blasted through a few trees.
 
"Cool!" Konohamaru shouted with a huge grin. Inari's face lit up with a big grin and Hanabi tried to look unimpressed but was failing pretty badly.
 
"Okay this move is pretty simple, just a lot of chakra manipulation of two different elements. This move requires both lots of chakra and excellent control over it. In my case I just pump extra chakra into it, but that's draining even for me. I'm afraid you guy will have to build up your chakra quite a lot first." All three kids looked crestfallen. "But," Naruto quickly added, "you should be able to learn the Doton and Suiton dragon combo quickly enough!" Naruto guided the three to a nearby stream and went through the hand seals with them a couple of times before sitting down to rest. He had to hold back a chuckle every time Hanabi chased Konohamaru for accidentally soaking her. After the fifth time he burst out laughing.
 
"Okay guys, you're all tired from all those min-versions, take a break and then do tree climbing to increase your chakra reserves," Naruto commanded the somewhat whiny genins from his spot up against a tree. Hanabi took her break time to meditate and Inari and Konohamaru played cards with a deck Inari had brought along. In about five minutes Inari had completely crushed Konohamaru at Poker and was instantly challenged again by a fuming Konohamaru. A few hands later Inari called out to Hanabi.
 
"Hey, Hanabi, come play with us! I think Konohamaru is tired of losing by himself." Not being one to ignore an insult to her honor like Inari implying he could beat her at Poker.
 
"Fine, I won't even use my Byakuugan to cheat, even though you two ditzes would never notice." Naruto's face curved into a smile at Hanabi's first joke the entire trip.
 
'I guess the boy's are starting to rub off on her,' he thought as he watched Inari continue to win. After awhile Naruto joined in as well.
 
"I'll show you how a real player wins," Naruto said with a cocky grin.
 
"Bring it on, Naruto-niisan," Inari countered.
 
"You're… you're like a freaking' Poker god!" Konohamaru shouted as Naruto won for the third time in a row.
 
"Well, I always have been lucky with cards. Ero-sennin took me gambling when we were looking for Tsunade-baachan" Naruto said with his infamous foxy grin. Inari sighed and picked up the deck.
 
"Okay, I've had enough. I'm going to do tree climbing," Inari said as he dashed to a tree and started running up it. Naruto nodded his head in the same direction and Konohamaru and Hanabi went to their own trees. Naruto watched his young students run up and down the trees, falling down once in awhile.
 
'Weird, I sort of like this teaching thing. Maybe I'll get my own genin team for real when I make jounin. Oh yeah, the Jounin Exam is coming up isn't it?' Naruto started to feel giddy until he realized something was amiss. Reacting like any other shinobi he carefully and unnoticeably searched the area until he realized it was that he hadn't been mobbed today. 'Finally!' Naruto thought with a peaceful smile.
 
I'm really sorry that was so boring, the next one will be better, I promise! I was just trying to give Naruto a break. The jutsu means 'Two Dragon Blast'. I was too lazy to find the word for twin or double so I used the word for two. For those puzzled for my Sasu/Ten choice, let me explain. 1. Ten-ten focuses on being a strong kunoichi, not wasting her time trying to court/annoy him. 2. She is fairly strong and 3. She seems to like cold and angsty guys but for some reason had to break-up with Neji. I think my slightly OCC Sasuke and her go well together. By the way, no, I didn't plan it that way. Please read and review, mean flamer will be hunted down and fed to my dragons! Bye!