Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets of the Uzamaki Clan ❯ The Second Exam ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I told you I'd update again! I'm really glad someone noticed the FF7 moment during the interrogation. Thank-you Madmind! Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or any of it's characters! There, I finally remembered to say it! Onward!
 
Sasuke and Sakura had never seen Naruto so angry. No one was sitting next to them in the waiting room for the next test. Naruto's anger was almost tangible, and his killing intent was downright terrifying. Sasuke was, quite surprisingly, the most worried. "Naruto, promise me you aren't going to become like I was." Naruto smirked then.
 
"Tch. I'm not going to blow my life away for Akatsuki. But I will destroy them." Naruto laughed, but there was no joy in it. "Ironic isn't it? My clan hunted demons, and here I have you-know-who sealed in me."
 
I BELIEVE I REMEMBER A DEMON HUNTER CLAN BY THE NAME OF UZUMAKI, NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT.
 
'What!? Why didn't you tell me!?'
 
I AM NOW, AREN'T I? BESIDES, I'VE BEEN AROUND FOR A LOOOOONGE TIME, KIT. I KNOW WAY TOO MUCH STUFF TO REMEMBER IT ALL.
 
'Sorry, Kyuubi. Would you tell me about them?'
 
OF COURSE, KIT. LET'S SEE NOW…AH YES. THE UZUMAKI WERE ONE OF THE FEW CLANS THAT RECOGNIZED THAT DEMONS ARE NO MORE EVIL THAN HUMANS ARE. THEY ONLY HUNTED DEMONS THAT WENT ROGUE. BUT I SUPPOSE THEIR TALENT WORRIED AKATSUKI, AND THEY FEARED YOUR CLAN MIGHT KILL THE CONTAINERS OF US BIJUU BEFORE THEY COULD GET TO US.
 
'So it is Akatsuki's fault that I have no family.' Naruto felt fresh anger course through his body. Suddenly Sakura shook him out of his trance.
 
"Naruto! Are you okay?" Naruto felt a grin spread across his face.
 
'I do have a family, just not a biological one.' "I'm fine, Sakura!" Naruto, to the great surprise of his teammates, hugged them both briefly.
 
"All jounin-to-bes, follow me!" A man with a senbon in his mouth shouted. Once again, all the chuunins flowed like a river out some doors and through another corridor and down some stairs into the basement. Genma shouted again: "Before the final test begins, report your findings from the second test to the proctors along the wall. The chuunins ambled over to the desks, reporting what they'd discovered. If a team told the proctors enough information, they handed each member a waver to sign. Once Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura handed in their information, Naruto spoke.
 
"How do they know a team didn't just make stuff up?"
 
"The criminals are ones that have probably already been interrogated, and any mismatching information gets a team disqualified," Sakura answered. Each of them signed the wavers and turned them in before heading to the forming crowd in front of Genma. Only a few chuunin failed the last test. The senbon chewing jounin looked them over.
 
"This is the last test for deciding who becomes a jounin!"
 
"Wow, there are only two tests?" Sakura whispered.
 
"You will fight in three matches. You must win all of them." The proctors began calling several matches to begin in the individual rings within the massive basement. Naruto was one of the first called. He grinned and dashed into this match. His opponent was a Grass ninja with short black hair and a camouflage jump suit. The Grass ninja unsheathed a pair of wakazashis (spelling?) and charged Naruto. Naruto grabbed both swords, catching the ninja off guard, and head butted him. Dazed, the Grass ninja fell to Naruto's kick to his head. Naruto's hands already healed by the time his next opponent entered the ring. She was a Mist Nin, and her last opponent looked pretty damn happy for someone who lost. Then again, her leather outfit did accentuate all of her curves.
 
"A big nice boy like you wouldn't want hurt me, would you?" she said, a seductive purr in her voice and she ran her hands down her body. Naruto chuckled then.
 
"Not going to work on me, lady." Naruto performed his favorite seals. "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" Over a hundred clones surrounded the Mist kunoichi. All the clones converged as she unsheathed two scrolls. Each scroll released thousands of senbon that destroyed the small army. She smirked at Naruto as she held all the senbon around him with her chakra.
 
"This is your last chance." Naruto shook his head. "Too bad, we could've had some real fun." All of the senbon rained down on him, and seemed to impale him, but he turned into a log. Her eyes widened right before Naruto hit her on the back of the neck, knocking her out. Naruto heard clapping as his final opponent entered the ring. It was a Rain ninja, one much older than he was.
 
"You are an excellent fighter. Unfortunately for you, your kage bunshin jutsu must have sucked up a lot of chakra." The ninja was surprised when Naruto started laughing.
 
"That's funny! I barely used any at all!" Naruto dawned a nearly sadistic smile. "You want to see a technique that does require a lot of chakra?" The Rain ninja's eyes widened.
 
"Y-your bluffing!" In response, Naruto formed a Rasengan in his had.
 
"SHISHOU RASENGAN!" Naruto slammed his fist into the ground, creating a hurricane-like blast so intense that it destroyed the entire ring. The Rain ninja, who had been slammed into a wall, got to his feet.
 
"Haha…You failed, Leaf ninja!" Naruto smirked.
 
"I did, did I?" Part of the wall behind the Rain ninja collapsed and landed on him. He didn't get up. Naruto was declared the winner by a judge, and handed a jounin vest. He jumped for joy and shouted: "WOOHOO!" He literally flipped over to his teammates. They both had their vests on. Sasuke was mostly unscathed, but Sakura looked a little roughed up. Naruto grinned at both of them. "This calls for a celebration!"
 
"To Ichiraku's," they both finished for him with identical sighs.
 
There you go, another chapter. For those of you don't know, 'shishou' means 'master'. Oh, and the 'Chidori Endan' means 'Thousand-birds Blast'. Please read and review, etc., etc.