Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Silence ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Yay…I finally updated after many months…let's celebrate, shall we? Or…just get on with the story and make me pull my hair out while I suffer typing out the upcoming fighting sequence later on in this chapter? That's right. I'll be attempting to be writing an action scene. Which I despise. Maybe I shouldn't even bother to -stops when bazooka is pointed at my head- nevermind. I'm typing, okay? I'm typing. Enjoy…lousy fight scene…you don't know how much I've gone through to even think one up. And I am NOT going to be writing out their names! By that, I won't be writing Lion's Barrage (An oldy, oooh.) or Shadow Possession, etc. Too much work, and I don't know every single attack, plus there's the internet being off so I wouldn't be able to double check anyway. Argh! Okay…gotta calm down…-listening to Kininaru Aitsu by Motoko Kumai-
 
--
 
Disclaimer: I own only Naomi. Everyone else belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.
 
--
 
Chapter 5
 
--
 
When Sakura woke up the next day, Sasuke was gone. Being a little paranoid, she checked every corner, the closet, under her bed, even outside her window. She even peeked outside her door to see if he was listening in or standing beside it. Not finding a single trace of him, she pounced onto her belongings, rummaging through them to find hair dye, contacts, and a hidden bag labeled “Only Wear in Emergencies”. Locking herself in the bathroom, she began her work.
 
She had it all planned out. No longer would she be dragged around like a dog on a leash. Today, she was going to have it all to herself. No devil child or creepy last heir was going to take it away from her. Let them wait for her outside the inn all they want. With her genjutsu in place, they wouldn't be able to recognize her. And to be safe, just in case, she even temporarily dyed her hair and wore contacts to look like her disguise. She was on a vacation and she was going to enjoy it if it was the last thing she did!
 
Peeking out the crack of her door, Sakura sighed in relief. Rechecking the mirror, she nodded in satisfaction at the black hair and dark brown eyes, thanking Ino for packing the extra choice of clothes, although they were a little…too provocative for her tastes. Holding her head high, she strutted down the hall, her eyes focused on the wall in the distance. Sure enough, there was Sasuke with the little demon disguised as a girl. Discreetly watching them, she slowly made her way past them to the springs, making sure not to seem too conspicuous. Once inside the women's changing room, she waited. Hearing no scuffles, footsteps, or any of the sorts, she quietly congratulated herself, not wanting the women to stare at her and draw unwanted attention.
 
The towel wrapped around her, she relaxed into the water, eyes fluttering closed. There was no need to worry. No men were in the springs at the moment, dominated by the females. And Sasuke didn't suspect a thing. At least, she hoped he didn't.
 
--
 
Naomi was crouched on the ground, head resting on her hands. Her eyes watched as Sasuke would occasionally walk away, and return to his previous spot. It had been an hour or so, and there was no sign of her self-assigned fake mother/sister. It shouldn't take this long. They were supposed to look for a pet today! So much for that. Stretching out her legs, she hopped onto her feet, latching onto Sasuke's arm. He paused from his pacing, looking down at the little girl, hands in clear view. Brow raised, he waited.
 
“It has been nearly an hour now. We can find her later. May we please find myself a pet now?” Eyes darting to the hall one more time, he grasped one of her hands, leading her outside. Nearly smirking in amusement from her behavior, he decided to ask a simple question.
 
“Now Naomi. Where do you suppose we could find a `pet' in a town like this?” Skipping ahead and walking backwards, her hands showed it all.
 
“That is an easy answer. There are strays, right? Not to mention there are animals outside the town as well.” A stray or a wild animal. With that, he let his smirk out.
 
--
 
The day was going by smoothly with no interruptions whatsoever. No demon child dragging her to the most random places, or having a death grip upon her wrist. Not even the sadist who is creepily acting…nice was nowhere in sight. After her dip in the spa, Sakura had checked the entire inn, and they were gone. Must have given up and went out to do what was next on Naomi's “family time check list”, minus the so-called mother/sister.
 
Without worries, she spent the rest of her time enjoying the many services provided to all guests. On top of her own personal list was the massage. Oh how her aching muscles deserved such a pleasure. The masseuse had such agile hands and always knew just where to apply pressure. However, when he mentioned acupuncture, she immediately declined and inched her way out before he could somehow “convince” her to change her mind. She already had bad enough experience thank you. And it isn't the hospital needles she was reminded of, it was something completely different.
 
Following the massage, she received a pedicure on both her hands and feet, along with a facial. If only she had listened to Ino so long ago, being pampered was divine. Her cuticles were well done, perfectly trimmed even, and adored the shade of green nail polish they chose to bring out her eyes. They also gave her advice on how to take proper care of her nails, so they wouldn't break easily. Good thing she had excellent memorization so she could relay said information onto Ino, and Tenten and Hinata if they also wished it.
 
As for her facial, she never felt so clean and refreshing. Her pores were cleared and swore all her stress vanished. It was sad about her hair though, adding chemicals damaged it, making it a little brittle and thin. On the other hand, she trims it frequently to keep it above her shoulders. In the end, she was the victor. Although she'd be living with dead hair for a few years, but as long as she has this single to day herself, it was worth it.
 
Eating another meal, she kept her eyes open for her current enemies. They still haven't returned to the inn, or were located in another section. Not wanting to heighten the risks, she devoured her food, leaving some currency on the table.
 
Eyes darting from corners to shadows, she quickly made her way back to her room. Once inside, she glared at the bulging mess, thinking of a way to somehow sneak out of the village with her belongings, souvenirs, and prizes won from the festival. It would be pointless to give the prizes away, excessively suspicious. Neither would she return the souvenirs. It would be a waste of time, and there was the possibility of Sasuke and Naomi spotting her. She could always try sending it. Then again, it would be odd to have so many packages at once, and of course, having to carry them to said services.
 
Having no other options, Sakura opened her window, analyzing the streets. Them being empty, she used her strength to lift everything up, grateful that they were all in sturdy bags. Taking a deep breath, she leaped onto the rooftops, leaving the room key on the dresser. Naruto already paid for it, and she had given one of the employees a note with the room number written inside that she'd be leaving soon. Remembering to keep her chakra low, she slipped away.
 
--
 
Shaking his head in disappointment, Sasuke gazed to where Sakura's silhouette merged with the scenery. Naomi sat beside him on the ground, staring up at the branches. A grin breaking out, she jumped up and twirled around, pointing in the same direction he was staring. Slithering up her arm was a small snake, resting its head upon her extended finger.
 
“Naomi, put him away. You wouldn't want him to fall off, do you?” Shaking her head, she gently lifted the snake away from her arm, slipping it into a small pouch tied around her obi. Smiling up at her brother, she blew a raspberry and went into a sprint, running up the tree until she found a suitable branch, waving down at Sasuke. Giving a small hn, he bounded upwards, landing beside her. “You still have a long way to go.” Sticking out her tongue, she shoved her hands in his face.
 
“Well big brother, you are my teacher. You should know my limits. Besides, we are falling behind big sister! You can train me later.” Jumping into the nearby tree, she pushed off to increase her speed, leaving Sasuke alone. Turning the opposite direction, he headed to the town to retrieve their own possessions; he knew he'd easily catch up. Besides, he knew he could trust Naomi to remain on Sakura's trail. After all, he did train her himself in the teachings of spying on their objectives.
 
--
 
As Sakura got closer to her familiar home, her senses kept telling that someone was following her. Several times she hid, others another direction to throw them off. Yet, it was still there, pricking at her. The enigma didn't seem to be hostile, she gave plenty of opportunities to be attacked or ambushed. Alternatively, it wasn't friendly either, having paused a couple times and calling out for the person to come out and reveal himself or herself. Still, whoever, or whatever, was following her wasn't showing themselves.
 
Either way, once she arrives at the gates, the other shinobi would surely be able to locate where the enigma was hiding and bring it out into the open for interrogation. Unless it decided to change its mind and attack her while she was off guard. Anyhow, she'd discover exactly what or who was following her eventually.
 
--
 
It was quite effortless for Naomi to hide herself. Sasuke had trained her well enough to be undetected by even trackers. Thanks to him, she was able to stay in one position for many hours. It may have been excruciatingly painful and boring, but it was all for the best, with their living conditions they used to have. As for making noise, she never had to worry about. With her body condition, it would be virtually impossible to make even a tiny squeak. Only her big brother could understand her, and it was only he who knew.
 
Eyes lightened up by amusement, her grin kept growing as she watched Sakura occasionally stop. It was of no use to try to uncover her whereabouts, but she had to give respect for the pinkette. Usually no one would even notice her and go on with their task.
 
Flinching, she slowly turned her head to beam up at Sasuke, wanting to clap her hands together when she recognized a plush they won the other day. Turning her attention back to Sakura, she waited a few seconds, than continued pursuing her, keeping a distance of 10 feet. Noticing her brother's attention was on her hands, she gave a toothy grin.
 
“What took you so long big brother?”
 
--
 
Sighing in relief, Sakura landed on the ground, walking to the familiar humongous gates that allowed many people of all sorts into her home, and out as well. Hand inside her pouch, she took out her headband, tying it in its usual position, removing the contacts as well. Waving to the guards above, she approached the intimidating wall, wondering when they would notice there was an extra guest. Soon enough, her question was answered with a kunai whizzing past her, stabbing itself into the dirt. Looking back, she gaped as to who was shadowing her movements, wanting to slap herself for not realizing it the moment she felt their presence.
 
Standing a foot away from the kunai were Sasuke and Naomi, who was enthusiastically waving despite the weapon just thrown at them. It was all starting to make sense as to why Naomi dubbed Sasuke her brother. She was positively insane.
 
“Sasuke Uchiha. Defect of Konoha, working under the S-Ranked Orochimaru who also defected and killed his own fellow shinobi, conspiring to destroy Konoha with fellow rogues who were under the command of Orochimaru. State your reasons as to why you casually waltz to our gates when you know we wouldn't hesitate to kill you.” Standing above the wall were three familiar figures, glowering down at the Uchiha below. Shikamaru, Neji, and Lee, who had healed from his injuries, ready for action. Their eyes were fixated on him, waiting for his response. Blankly staring at them, he blinked.
 
“Collection. We're here to retrieve Sakura Haruno, than we'll be off. It would be in your best interest if she willingly came with us.” He jumped back with Naomi, in his former place several shuriken, the three men barricading him from Sakura. Grunting, he closed his eyes. “Guess we'll have to do this the hard way. Naomi, sprint.” In an instant, he reopened his eyes, sharingan activated as he unsheathed his blade, slamming it into the ground, a wall of debris blocking the Leaf shinobi's view for a moment. Without hesitation, Shikamaru and Lee backed off, Neji quickly deflecting the dirt, clearing a path for the other two, now standing in a crater.
 
“Haruno, head into the village and inform the Hokage of the Uchiha's presence. Also, have a Jonin or higher with you at all times. We can't take any more chances.” Neji dashed off, leaving Sakura with the remaining guards, who were currently calling for backup.
 
A little miffed, she shoved all of her items to the closest one and grabbed another one by his collar.
 
“You! Go inform Lady Tsunade that Sasuke Uchiha has made an appearance!”
 
“But…ma'am! Hyuuga or-“
 
“I know! However, I need to find backup for them, and I know there is one person who is on the same level as him. So go! Or I'll send you there.” For reference, he heard her knuckles crack. “Personally.”
 
“Y-Yes ma'am!” Tsking, she pushed him in the direction of the tower, heading to the closest possible place her friend could be.
 
--
 
Swerving side to side, Sasuke avoided Lee's kicks, occasionally countering when Shikamaru's shadow got too close, sometimes spinning his blade when the strategist sneaked in a few kunai, leaping when a couple had paper bombs. Slowly, he was being pushed closer to the shade, tsking. Before Lee could land a blow on his chest, he sidestepped around him, knocking Lee into a tree. Immediately Sasuke ducked, Neji missing by an inch, him taking the opportunity to kick him into the air. Taking a powerful bound, he spun his body, foot crashing into Neji's chest, crashing into the ground.
 
Landing gently, he flicked his sword, lazily studying it, discreetly watching them, his eyes also flitting to a specific location.
 
Shikamaru kept his distance, analyzing Sasuke's actions, watching every movement.
 
Sasuke had led them to this clearing, taking their styles in mind. There were no trees to provide shadows for Shikamaru, so they couldn't capture him and interrogate him on the spot. They'd have to fight. In addition, there were no objects to hide in or behind, being in the wide open. There was the advantage for Lee and Neji; they more suited for close combat. Although there was the sharingan, and that sword he was swinging around, knowing he could charge it with the chidori at any moment.
 
Yet, so far, there haven't been any major injuries. As reference, the most painful “scars” they earned so far would be bruises, big and small. The blade was only used to bat away kunai and shuriken, only attacking when provoked. A few times Lee made the mistake of looking into his eyes and would instantly close them, only to blink in confusion. What sort of mind game was Uchiha playing? Moreover, where was the little girl who was accompanying him a moment ago? Checking his surroundings, there was no sign of her.
 
Hearing Lee yell, he turned his attention back to the battle, Lee having his nun-chucks out. Swinging them, he sprinted at Sasuke, aiming one for his ribs, only to hit air, than swept off his feet. Preparing to counter, nothing happened. No sword at his neck, or bodily appendage aiming to crush his gut. Flipping back onto his feet, he saw Neji trying to jab Sasuke, byakugan at full strength. Shikamaru and Lee seeing an opportunity when Sasuke was pushed to the edge of the clearing, sword knocked 3 feet away and slightly off balance, Neji ready to render him helpless. Performing hand signs, the shadows streamed toward him, Lee racing from behind Sasuke to hold onto him for reassurance. The shadow just an inch away, Neji's eyes widened, as he was roundhouse kicked, Sasuke flipping backwards and kicking Lee into the shadow, skidding beside his sword. Smirking, he kicked up the handle, catching it within his hand. Cursing inside, Shikamaru tried to formulate a plan, when Neji spoke up.
 
“The little girl.” Still watching Sasuke closely, Shikamaru noticed him stiffen for a second. “For the whole duration of this fight I could see her within the trees, her hands moving into signs I've never seen before. At first, I believed she would be performing a jutsu and kept an eye on her before joining the fight. When nothing happened, I disregarded her. However, there was a pattern. Whenever the Uchiha moved, she moved. Not once was she behind him, she's within his range of vision. That's why he has the sharingan activated, she's communicating with him through her hands!”
 
--
 
Sakura was racing throughout Konoha, eyes rapidly moving. She checked at the ramen stand, at the memorial, even the training grounds. Yet there was no sign of him. Planning to bash him once the problem is solved, she continued her search. Dismissing other places, she was her wits end when it came to her. Maybe he was on a date with Hinata, or spending time with her at the Hyuuga estate?
 
A destination set, she spun on her heel, bumping into a chest. Rubbing her nose, she didn't bother to see who it was, pushing them aside.
 
“Move it! Sasuke's here and I need to find Naruto!” Leaving the person behind without looking back, the person scratched their chin.
 
“Hmm, so he came back, did he? Guess I should see how my former pupil is doing.”
 
--
 
The clearing seemed to be a sort of web, thin wires going from tree to tree, paper bombs attached to each one. Inside the circular web were Sasuke, Lee, and Shikamaru, Lee keeping Sasuke in the center and Shikamaru would repair any damage Sasuke left while to slip through the wires, also sneaking attacks from behind, which always seem to fail. Neji was within the forest, pursuing Naomi who stayed within Sasuke's sight, and out of Neji's grasp.
 
Even though she was trained to spy, she didn't fight. Ego bruised due to his family gene, she was barely able to slip away from him, Neji quickly catching up. After all, she was still young and growing, while he was in his early 20s. Within the blink of an eye, he appeared in front of her, about to collide when she reached down to grab a branch, pulling herself downwards instead of being trapped within his arms. About to make a face, her mouth opened in horror, her body about to make impact with the wires that would detonate the paper bombs.
 
Without her knowing, Neji was slowly chasing her closer to the clearing. It took a bit of work, but she was still an amateur and didn't realize she was being manipulated.
 
Closing her eyes and shielding herself with her arms, she waited for the explosion. Instead, she felt a tug.
 
Inside the clearing, Sasuke was sweating, eyes fixed in the direction of where Naomi was about to fall, Shikamaru slightly stumbling, having seen the girl and was removing the wires so he could catch her, as he had originally planned. Lee ceased his punch to the jaw, curious to see what made Sasuke freeze.
 
Standing on a branch was a familiar face, Kakashi. Behind him was Neji, who was staring at the unfortunate girl, who was being held up by Kakashi, via her obi. Closing his eye and holding up his hand, he gave a small chuckle.
 
“Yo. Sorry I'm late, but I was busy helping a little girl who had lost her puppy and-“
 
“Kakashi, if you don't put the girl on solid ground the obi will rip. Not only will she get hurt, she'll have to hold her yukata closed.” Stopping his rambling, he eased Naomi up, setting her beside him and patting her head.
 
“Well, it seems an innocent little girl was about to get hurt. Care to explain why such an adorable girl was given such violent behavior?” Neji and Shikamaru stared blankly at him, questioning the sanity of the Jonin when there was a more important matter on their hands. Meanwhile Lee was apologizing, Sasuke shaking his head. Drawing their eyes, except Lee's, Sasuke readied himself, hand tightening around his blade, flinching when Naomi started to move her arms, when he was suddenly soaring through the air, cheek aching. Wincing with a single eye closed, he looked to where he formerly was, to see a familiar blonde glaring at him with a pout on his face.
 
“You damn bastard! You took too long to get here!”
 
“Naruto you idiot! You should've took that chance to tie him up!”
 
“B-But Sakura! He-“
 
“No buts!” Landing beside Naruto, Sakura with her still black hair stood up gracefully, a chakra infused wire held in her hands. “Sasuke, I suggest you come with us peacefully and no harm will come to your protégé.” Walking towards him, she knelt behind him, tying his hands together.
 
“Hn. If you had asked me earlier Sakura, than this wouldn't be necessary. After all, you are my-”
 
“Don't make me regret not letting Naruto get his turn!” Her face all red, she shoved him forward, handing the wire end to Shikamaru, stomping ahead while gritting her teeth. The men looking at each other with baffled looks, they turned to Sasuke, curious to what he was going to say next. Eventually, they started to follow her, Kakashi making sure Naomi stayed by his side, which was easy with her skipping, which only brought more confusion. Although Lee and Naruto were discussing why Sakura had turned red, and if Sasuke was…FLIRTING with her a moment ago. This interrogation was going to take a while.
 
--
 
A/N: Yes! I'm done with the chapter! No more fight scenes! Hoorah! No, wait…darn! There's still another one in one of the future chapters, curses! Yes, the fight scene was terrible. But at least I didn't put “Sasuke used the Lion's Barrage.” Or “Lee kept kicking at Sasuke.” -shivers- That would kill me. Well, hope you somewhat enjoyed reading. Just 5 more chapters, than I'm done! Let's see…the readability is between 6th grade and 7th grade level. By that, it said 6.5. At least it isn't 4th grade, which makes me happy. Well, I'm off to work on a trequel one-shot. After that…I don't know. Most likely one of the other Naruto fics I need to finish. So expect an update for either Dream Girl or Just the Three of Us later on. When, I don't know. But I WILL finish all my stories! Buh-bye for now!