Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Silence ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here it is! This might disappoint those looking forward to romance, but a delight to those who love humor. I'll be naming the days of her vacation, so you wont' be confused…or perhaps you will! Enjoy!
 
Disclaimer: I only own Naomi, that is all.
 
Chapter 4
 
A couple was walking through the street, a little girl holding their hands. She had a big smile on her face, skipping with each step. The father was smirking at her, while the mother seemed to be miserable, trying to smile whenever the girl looked at her.
 
Apparently, Naomi was the little girl, Sasuke was the father, and Sakura was the mother. Sasuke and Sakura were still dressed up, Naomi having her hair braided and dressed in a light blue yukata with blue birds. That was how they were to dress during their stay, returning to normal before going inside the inn. So far, Sakura wasn't exactly enjoying herself.
 
She wasn't used to someone constantly holding her hand, dragging her to the most spontaneous places. Naomi never voiced what she wanted to have or do, instead pointing, grinning, and thus, the dragging. Sasuke didn't seem to mind, already used to Naomi's behavior. He just went along with it, no complaints whatsoever.
 
It made Sakura pout, remembering with detail how he would always turn her down when she suggested the smallest thing relating to dates. Which reminded her, why was he FLIRTING with her!? It made no sense. First, she was annoying. Then, she was a comrade. Then a friend. Then annoying again. After that, he didn't hesitate to attack her, although Yamato took the hit. And now, here he was, pressuring her to act like his wife.
 
Is it possible that he lost some brain cells while fighting Itachi? Or did Orochimaru and Kabuto experiment too much and twisted his mind? Because there was no way on the day after they reunited would he EVER, not in a million years, KISS her. And yet, that was what happened.
 
Sakura's face turned red, the memory of the kiss repeating over and over. Sasuke had glanced over, smirking at her red face. She soon noticed this, turning away as she tried to fight the blush. Elderly couples chuckled at the fake family. Although they did question their ages.
 
They made their way to the top of a hill, resting beneath the tree. Sakura sighed as her hand was freed from the devil in disguise, only to open her eyes to see the other devil.
 
“Give me some space!” She pushed him away, making him fall backwards as she panted heavily. Sasuke got up as he rubbed his bottom, hurting it from the fall. Sakura stared at him. This could NOT be Sasuke. There would be no way he'd be caught off guard like that, and he wasn't even complaining about her screech. In fact, he acted like she didn't say a word.
 
“Why'd you push me so roughly.” There it was, acting like he didn't hear her. And…he was joking! This HAD to be a clone gone wrong! “Sakura.”
 
“Stay away from me! Whoever or whatever you are, reveal yourself!” He simply blinked at her, a stifling noise coming out. He was hunched over, his shoulders shaking, Sakura couldn't believe what was happening. This it did, Sasuke couldn't hold it in any longer. He laughed, loudly. After a few minutes he settled down, looking at a wide eyed Sakura. Taking advantage of her shocked state, he pulled her to his chest, holding on tight. Immediately, Sakura struggled to get free, but unable to wrench out.
 
“Heh. Sakura, you're still as feisty as ever. Isn't this what you wanted.” She stopped her squirming, blushing at his words. How true they were, how very true.
 
 
----------
 
 
Sakura stared up at the ceiling, sighing every once in a while. Simply to say she was tired was an understatement. She was completely exhausted; Naomi had so much energy, rivaling the amount her friend Naruto had. That made her conclude on how Sasuke was able to stand her, Naruto always on the go. Then there was the ever enthusiastic Lee as well. At least she didn't rant about youth or ramen.
 
She furrowed her brows, giving a small hmm. As she thought about it, she realized Naomi didn't make a sound throughout the day. Sure, Naomi would grin and make faces, such as the dreaded puppy, but never did she make the slightest giggle.
 
However, there were a few times she saw her talking to Sasuke from a far distance, but she could never hear what they were saying. So why didn't Naomi talking in front of her? Maybe she was too shy to speak. Or, perhaps she was a foreigner and Sasuke was the only one who could understand her.
 
“Hmm…she's so weird.”
 
“Who's weird.”
 
“Eep!” There he was again, staring into her eyes, the slightest movement possibly making contact to a certain area Sakura wanted to avoid. She was losing her sanity, not used to Sasuke being so…close to her. Literally. “N-No one! I promise!” He didn't fall for it, piercing through her with his eyes. She expected him to reply, but he didn't. Instead, he kept closing in on her, just like in the alley. But this time, there was no Naomi to interrupt them. “S…Sasuke?” No response, ignoring her words. Steaming hot, Sakura mustered the strength to punch his cheek, not charging it with chakra so it wouldn't hurt as much.
 
Sasuke sat up and stared at her, rubbing her she punched him. He did NOT look the least bit happy. In fact, he looked a little irritated. Seeing she was in trouble, she reached for her kunai, to see it was no longer there. Instead, it was in Sasuke's right hand, being twirled around in circles.
 
“Why'd you have to punch me.” She chewed on the side of her mouth, ready to burst into rage mode.
 
“Because YOU broke the agreement!” She pointed an accusing finger at him, Sasuke quirking a brow.
 
“And how is that.”
 
“I said I'd PRETEND to be your wife! Pretending doesn't mean you trying to kiss me in private!” He chuckled at her response, confusing Sakura.
 
“That's right, you like everyone knowing who belongs to you.” Sakura turned pale, speechless. Seeing that, he took her by the chin, positioning her so she couldn't do anything else. “So do you prefer PDA?” With a shriek, she pushed him away, trying to calm her racing heart.
 
“GET OUT! RIGHT NOW!” With a blink of an eye, he vanished. Quickly checking her room and locking the door and window, she collapsed onto her bed.
 
Watching from his perch, Sasuke smirked and went to his room. There, Naomi was sitting on the side of the bed, swinging her hair back and forth.
 
“So, did you get your happy time?” He pointed to the new forming bruise. “Told you she would not let you!” He threw his haori at her, crawling into his own bed.
 
“Naomi, get to sleep. We still have five more days. By than, I'm sure she'll come to her senses.” With that, they went off to sleep, Sasuke planning his next move on the unfortunate kunoichi.
 
 
-----------
 
 
Day 3
 
The weather was nice and warm; the fake family was having a picnic under the same tree. Naomi was taking food out of the picnic basket, neatly placing them in a particular pattern. Looking at the food, Sakura became suspicious of where they got the food, or even the basket itself. Picking at her food, she made sure there were no drugs. She continued this for the rest of the day.
 
After the picnic, they had gone fishing at the river. Naomi would actually put her hands into the water to try to grab them with her bare hands while Sasuke used a fishing rod instead. Sakura would just stare at the river, touching the water's surface as her fingers skimmed and made ripples. All they caught was a little boy's toy boat, giving him it back.
 
Once done fishing, Naomi dragged them to the inn, eager for another dip in the spring. Sasuke didn't seem to mind, although Sakura had other thoughts. Those would go away, smiling happily at the other guests in the spring. Making sure to stay away from the men she relaxed into the steamy water.
 
“Ahh…this feels nice…” Thoughts of her friends in Konoha popped up, wondering what they were doing at the moment. Although it wasn't that hard to guess. Naruto was probably chowing down on ramen with Hinata, Lee talking about youth with his girlfriend, Kiba would be complaining about the hospital, Shikamaru and Chouji looking at clouds while much on some chips, Ino flirting with some cute guys, Shino adding bugs to his collection, Sai working on his art, then there's Tenten teasing Neji.
 
Poke. Sakura opened her eyes, nearly shrieking at the dark blue eyes. The eyes backed away, Naomi's doll like face staring at Sakura. Naomi smiled at her, Sakura nervously smiling back. She had trouble sleeping that night.
 
 
----------
 
 
Day 4
 
This day had the perfect weather, it wasn't too hot, and the breeze was soft and gentle, clouds drifting by to provide the occasional shade. Naomi was running around, trying to catch butterflies that would drift by. Behind her were Sasuke and Sakura, his hand tightly gripping hers. Not matter what she did, he wouldn't let go.
 
Naomi waved over to them, motioning to hurry up. Smirking, Sasuke made sure they took their time walking. Sakura though tried to walk past him, only to be tugged back to his side.
 
This process was repeated many times, Naomi thinking of it as a game. She was amused as she watched Sakura try to escape Sasuke's death grip, even resorting to try chewing off her arm. That was a bad move, Sasuke grabbing her chin with his other hand, Naomi looking away while covering her eyes from the “adult” scene.
 
“YOU JERK!” A slap echoed through the air, the villagers wondering where the sound came from. Their question was answered a couple hours later, the “family” returning from their walk. Naomi kept glancing back with a big smile, Sakura scowling while wiping her mouth, Sasuke's left cheek having a red handprint.
 
Upon their arrival, laughter filled their ears everywhere they went. Sakura had locked herself up in her room, ninja proofing it.
 
Meanwhile, Sasuke was nursing his wound while Naomi was teasing him and rolling all over the bed.
 
“You look so stupid!” Sasuke looked at her, smirking at the little girl.
 
“But it was well worth it.”
 
“I bet Sakura would punch you if she heard that.”
 
“Heh. Most likely.”
 
 
-----------
 
 
Day 5
 
Today was a festival, families spending time together as they went booth to booth. Children wore masks as they chased each other, a couple boys bumping into someone. They grabbed onto each other as the demon stared down at them, the boys running away calling for their mothers. Removing the mask, Naomi was baffled, looking at her mask, not seeing why they were frightened.
 
Sakura sighed as she watched two more kids run away from Naomi, who decided to pick the creepy devil mask. It suited her just fine. It did make the local women worry though.
 
Sasuke himself only chuckled at the sight, earning a few more punches from Sakura. That only made Sakura decide that Sasuke had indeed lost some brain cells from the experiments. Why? She was easily beating the crap out of him. With no counter attack. Very peculiar.
 
Ignoring the mask and his teasing, Sakura managed to have an okay time. The food was very delicious and scrumptious, some she never had before. Sasuke, against her will, won plenty of gifts to bring back to Konoha. By that, she meant he won every single game booth. It made her wonder how she was going to carry it all home, seeing Naomi was also given the prizes as well, and of course, the fish.
 
Taking another dip in the spring, she watched Naomi splashed around, wearing the usual grin on her face. Lowering herself deeper into the water, she hid the small smile that she knew no one could see. Not even Sasuke's sharingan.
 
Perhaps this wasn't all that bad. At least she was living her dream…in a bizarre situation anyway.
 
 
---------
 
 
Day 6
 
Sakura's stay was nearing its end, so she decided to go souvenir shopping. And as usual, Naomi and Sasuke were with her. At least she had other opinions for the gifts. Sasuke for the guys, Naomi for the girls. Although, Naomi didn't know anything about them…right?
 
First, the girls. For Hinata, she bought a cook book filled with new recipes of various styles. For Ino, products from the inn to revitalize her skin, it was perfect for her. Tenten, she managed to find geisha fans that could be used as weapons for an undercover mission. If she'll uses them, who knows.
 
Then, the boys. Naruto's was easy. A bag full of brand new ramen flavors. Kakashi, a special edition of his favorite series. Sai, oil pastels. Lee, a non-green outfit, specifically one for festivals. Chouji, the town's own barbeque sauce. Shikamaru, a book on how to ignore annoying distractions. Kiba and Akamaru, a new jacket for Kiba and Akamaru, a shampoo that got rid of fleas and was good for their sensitive noses. Shino, the butterflies Naomi caught. Sure, Naomi thought a few were too strange, always placing it back in place, pointing at something else. Sakura did ask why, but Naomi would just shake her head. Maybe she really was a foreigner.
 
Collapsing onto the bed, Sakura stared at all the stuffed bags, filled with both the prizes from the festival and the souvenirs for her friends. She also secretly bought some sake for Tsunade. She couldn't buy it in front of Naomi, a definite no no.
 
“What's with the sake.” And once again, he snuck back into her room. Giving a sigh, she just wrapped herself up in the blanket, muttering to go away. Still, he laid beside her, snaking his over her and holding her to his chest. Too tired to argue, she only shrugged and drifted off to sleep.
 
 
---------
 
 
A/N: Not what you expected, huh? I didn't want to waste chapters on her stay, so…I did this. She'll be leaving the next chapter. Now, the next update I'll be working on will NOT be a Naruto story, but instead, a Sonic one shot. Sorry Naruto fans.