Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Silence ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Ah hah! I can type again! Eh heh, sorry. I had to write the stories, cuz I didn't have anything to type for once! But now, including this chapter, I have…4 things to type! Yay me! Then I have 1 chapter to finish writing, than typing. THEN I can FINALLY start writings chapters 5 and 6 for my stories! I have a system! Deal with it! Well, enjoy!
 
Disclaimer: I only own silly Naomi. Everyone else belongs to the marvelous Masashi Kishimoto. Bow before his greatness!
 
Chapter 3
 
The room was silent, eyes watching the figures near the windows. The waitress switched between the two, trying to think of some way to get them out of their trance. They were frozen, eyes locked onto each other. Their hands remained still, close to contact. Naomi looked up at the pink haired stranger, curious to their words. He called her Sakura, and she called him Sasuke. That meant they knew each other.
 
“Uhm, excuse me? Miss? It was only an accident; we could provide you more tea and buy you a new cloak. And young man, there's no reason to be hostile. So please, sit down!”
 
Slowly, their hands drew back, their eyes never breaking contact. They settled down in their proper seats, heads eventually turning away. Naomi returned to her place across from Sasuke, a mischievous glint in her eyes. That quickly changed to an innocent one when Sasuke lifted his onyx orbs, leering with anger. She instantly drooped her head, resuming her eating.
 
So, this was the infamous Sakura. Naomi wandered how she was like when she was with Sasuke. Did she like him? Love him perhaps? Or, possibly despise his every being? Nah, her big brother was the coolest, from her perspective anyway. Although one question was bugging her. Why in the world was her hair pink?
 
As if she was psychic, Sakura turned around, looking straight at Naomi. Surprised, Naomi quickly devoured her food, running away without a word. Sasuke sighed, shaking his head while standing up. She watched him walk out of the dining area, her heart skipping a beat when he finally looked back at her. When he was gone, she released her breath, memories popping up of earlier encounters. What was he doing with the little girl? And why was he nice to her and acted like a jerk to everyone else?
 
“Sasuke…”
 
 
-------------
 
 
The stars watched the world below them, a teen staring right back. Her emerald eyes were filled with sadness, hands fidgeting with her gown. She sighed as she closed the window, crawling into the warm bed. Lids slowly closing, she drifted off to sleep.
 
Two hours passed, everything dark and silent. A shadow appeared outside, quietly opening the window. The figure made no sound, standing before the bed. A hand reached out, growing closer and closer. An inch away, Sakura snatched the arm, her kunai to the intruder's throat. She stiffened at the same crimson eyes from earlier, which seemed to be annoyed.
 
“I came to talk, not kill you.” She didn't quite trust him, but at least lowered the kunai.
 
“Well, what?” Seeing she would release his arm, he sighed and sat on her bed, Sakura nearly flinching.
 
“Why didn't you kill me. Or try to capture me at the least.”
 
“Oh, that.” She let go, but the kunai remained in her hand. “Well, for one thing, it's my so called vacation.” He quirked a brow. “Overworked.” He nodded. “Also, I know you wouldn't let me land a hit, let alone kill you. Besides, there were innocent villagers there.” His face was suddenly in front of hers.
 
“So why not try now.” Her face was turning red, Sakura glad it was dark.
 
“Who's that girl?” He backed away, saying nothing. “Didn't you hear me? Who's the girl?”
 
“Naomi.”
 
“I already know that! But why are you-“
 
“Traveling with her. She was abandoned, and wouldn't stop following me, even when I threatened her and killed others in plain view.”
 
“So why didn't you kill her?”
 
“How is everyone at the village.”
 
“Copying me now, huh? All right. They're fine. Neji and Tenten are engaged, Lee and Kiba are in the hospital right now. Oh, and Lee is dating a cheerleader like girl.” His eyes widened for a second, Sakura catching it. “I know, everyone else was just as shocked. Anyway, Lady Tsunade's still alive; Kakashi is his same old self, except he's married to Anko with a kid on the way.” She watched his face, smirking at the slightly raised brow. “Oh, did I mention Naruto and Hinata also engaged?” She rambled on, knowing Sasuke wouldn't reply. “And there you go.”
 
“Why did you tell me everything.” She looked away for a moment, staring out the window.
 
“Why are you talking to me?” Silence took place, Sasuke standing in front of the window, his face still in view, eyes averting back.
 
“How long.”
 
“What?”
 
“How long will you be here.”
 
“One week. But wh-“ He was gone. “What exactly are you up to Sasuke?” She rolled onto her stomach, sighing while plopping her head, mumbling into her arms. She inspected the kunai in her hand, furrowing her brows at the new scratches. Taking a closer look, she gave a quiet gasp at the scratches.
 
`Meet me in the hot springs at noon.'
 
“When did he…” She snorted, a smirk on her face as she stifled her laugh. “That's Sasuke for sure. Only he would be able to do this without me noticing.” After a few minutes, her smile vanished, a blush taking its place. Reality hit Sakura. Hard. “He wants to meet THERE!?” The hot springs were co-ed.
 
 
--------------
 
 
Sakura was a beet red, the towel wrapped tightly around her body, holding it to make sure it didn't fall. She looked around the spring, baffled when no one was there. Shrugging her shoulders, she slowly started to dip her legs in, a sudden figure jumping out of the water.
 
“WHAT IN THE…oh, I remember you!” It was the little girl, Naomi. She had a wide grin on her face, her towel tied securely.
 
“I see you've met Naomi officially.” Her face flushed, thankful again he couldn't see it. She slid the rest of her body in, finally turning to Sasuke, trying to hold her jaw in place. All he had was the towel, hanging from his hips. Slight amusement in his eyes, he stepped inside, scolding Naomi first.
 
“So…why did you ask me to be here?” Sakura tried to not look directly at him, afraid of what she might do. Naomi remained quiet, her left hand in Sasuke's right, smiling over at Sakura.
 
“Hn. You seemed too uncomfortable last night. I believed you'd feel safer here to talk.” Steam came out of her ears, definitely NOT feeling safe. He could simply use the girl as a hostage, but than again, he had no weapons on him, seeing he had no clothes, and it was sort of in a public area, which a stranger could walk into at any moment. She decided to bite, curious to Sasuke's strange actions.
 
“Well, you wanted to talk. So start talking.” Suddenly, a shiver went up her spine, her heart beating fast. He was smirking at her, just like when he left the village. Slowly he crept over to her side, trapping Sakura in a corner. She couldn't look away, too stunned to make the slightest movement.
 
“You see, Naomi has been bothering me all night and morning about it. So from now on, you have to be her big sister.”
 
“Wait…what did you say?” His smirk only grew deeper.
 
“Naomi wants you to be her big sister. I'm already her big brother, and now she wants a sister, you.” Behind Sasuke Sakura could see Naomi doing the dreaded puppy dog eyes of doom.
 
No! Anything but the eyes! But she couldn't escape, so she had not choice but to give in.
 
“Oh…fine! I'll be her big sister! Anything else I need to know?” Her breath stilled when he chuckled, never hearing him laugh before. Naruto told her of a time when he laughed, but that was when he lost his senses. But this one was completely different from the way Naruto described it.
 
“Do you really want to know what it means to be Naomi's big sister?” Unable to move her body she instead averted her eyes, wandering what his question meant. Perhaps they would force her to defect! No, that didn't seem likely. So what exactly is the hidden message? Wait, maybe Naomi was dangerous! And had decimated her former home! No, no. She looks too innocent and sweet. She's even playing her hair right now. But still, Sakura couldn't trust Sasuke's explanation.
 
“Well, I DO have to know what I'm getting myself into. What kind of ninja would I be if I had no idea what situation I was in?” He closed his eyes, the smirk still on his face. This only made her more nervous. This was a new side of him she never even knew about. Not only that, it was something she used to wish for when she was younger and naïve. But now, it was overwhelming. Sure, he wasn't suggesting anything inappropriate and made sure not to get too close, but he still unnerved her. She prepared herself when he reopened his eyes, but forgot how to breathe after he spoke.
 
“You see, to her, brother and sister means I'm Dad, and you're Mom.”
 
“Her what!?” Sakura was desperately trying to get out, about to scream when she heard the voices of other women and men getting closer. Naomi had walked over to Sasuke, tugging his hand as she led him out of the spring. Once they were both gone, Sakura slid down, panting heavily as her thoughts ran wild.
 
Her, being Naomi's mother. And Sasuke was the father. It was like a bizarre dream, only it was real. Why would the little girl want her as a mother, she knew nothing about her! Unless Sasuke possibly told her. No, Sasuke wasn't the type to open up. But the way he was acting earlier. It could be possible.
 
Orochimaru was dead, and Itachi was killed by Sasuke himself. Then again, he didn't return to the village after all of that. And she knew she wouldn't be able to drag him back, especially with that little who now accompanied him.
 
That girl, what was her story? Was she captured by Orochimaru and freed by Sasuke? Or perhaps he killed her parents from orders, feeling disgust when he felt similar to Itachi and decided to take her long? Her simply deciding to follow him didn't sound believable.
 
“Ugh, my head hurts. I better get out.” She came out of the spring, dressing back in her clothes in the women's room. Walking out of the inn, she nearly collapsed when she saw Sasuke leaning against the frame, Naomi immediately seizing Sakura's hand.
 
“You can't back out now. You already said yes.”
 
“You tricked me.” He smirked.
 
“Hn. You're the one who agreed without the facts. Now, for the rest of the week, you're to be Naomi's mother, and in a way, my wife.”
 
“Your w…your w…hold it! No, no! I never agreed to anything like-“
 
“You do realize we're in public.”
 
Her face turned redder than ever, noticing how the villagers were whispering, peeking over at her. A few of them recognized them both, afraid they'd start fighting again. Angry, she stomped over to Sasuke, snatching his ear and forcing him to follow her into an alley, releasing him as he winced.
 
“Your wife!? There is NO way I'm going to pretend to be your wife! Besides, the villagers already know we despise each other!”
 
“Oh really?” His smirk came back, leaning close to her.
 
“T-That's right.” Sakura backed away.
 
“I think I'll test that theory.” He came closer; Sakura's back hitting the wall.
 
“S-Stay away! Or I'll-“
 
“Or you'll what?” He was inches away from her, leaning closer and closer until- “…Naomi…stop that.” While the two ninjas were distracted, Naomi had climbed up a stack of crates, jumping onto Sasuke's back and was now pulling his hair fiercely. Sakura took this opportunity to get away, running to the street where people could see her, holding her chest.
 
“That jerk…” Looking back, Sasuke was scolding the little girl, who seemed to be mocking them with kissy faces. Blushing again, she hastily walked away, needing time to think. Sasuke however, was trying to make sense of Naomi's doing.
 
“Naomi that is a lousy excuse.”
 
“But I do not want to see you two have a make out session. That is really icky!”
 
“Naomi, you want a big sister, right?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“And you said you want Sakura to be your big sister.”
 
“Yes.”
 
“And you told me that your sister would also be your mother.”
 
“Yes.”
 
“And since I'm labeled your brother, I'm also your father. Wouldn't that make Sakura my wife?”
 
“…I see now! No wonder she went crazy! You would be a terrible husband!”
 
Sasuke stared at her, Naomi playing innocent. With a shake of his head, he took her hand and started to search where Sakura ran off to. Scanning the crowds thoroughly, he didn't notice the girl who exited the kimono shop, dressed in scarlet red with falling white petals. A small strand of pink popped out under the black hair, quickly fixing it. Making sure the wig was in place, she walked the opposite direction. Sadly for her, Naomi had seen her face and the pink hair. Smiling, she tugged at Sasuke's hand, earning a leer. Ignoring it, she pointed to Sakura, hearing him humph.
 
 
-------------
 
 
Later on, Sakura was sitting at a small diner, drinking some tea. She heard footsteps, the chair beside her scraping. Taking a quick glance, she saw a man with his dark hair slicked down, wearing a dark blue haori and hakama. She blushed slightly as she took another sip, hearing him cough.
 
“Is that the best you can do?” She froze, instantly turning fully, seeing Sasuke's face.
 
“You…how did…” He leaned into her face, whispering into her ear.
 
“Who else would have your eyes?” She puffed up her cheeks, glaring at the smirking man. She was about to get up when he wrapped his arm around her waist, holding her in place. “And where do you think you're going, wife?” She gave up, seeing he already knew where her room was. And as a reminder, he was a powerful ninja, one she still secretly cared about.
 
“Fine…but once the week is up, I'm leaving. And by leaving I mean returning to Konoha.” Gulping, she decided to face Sasuke, seeing Naomi's head over his shoulder, smiling.
 
“Hmm, I'll have to discuss that with Naomi. But for the week, that is acceptable.”
 
“Wha' do you me-“ Her words were cut off, Sasuke having silenced her. Never would she have guessed there would ever come a time when Sasuke would kiss her.
 
 
A/N: If you didn't realize it yet, Sasuke kissed her. Hee hee hee. Poor Sakura, she's blushing repeatedly, huh? Try to count how many times she blushes, and I might give ya something. Well, gotta start typing the next story! Oh, and there's a new poll! Vote please!