Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Silence ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Ha ha. Two chapters, I rule. Then again, I always put up two chapters for new multi chapter stories. Well, enjoy!
 
Disclaimer: Naomi is mine. Everyone else belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.
 
Chapter 2
 
It was bright and sunny, light peeking through the curtains. The beams landed on the eyes of a sleeping beauty, who groaned and rolled onto her other side. She had just gotten home and ate and took a shower, but she couldn't fall asleep. She opened her eyes, groaning when her clock revealed it was only 11:30 AM. She went to work at 3, Kiba came in around 3:30, they finished the surgery at about 7:45, Tsunade called her around 8, she took a shower for half an hour, ate breakfast at 9, cleaned her laundry at 10, read her mail at 10:45, since laundry took time, cleaned her apartment at 11, and tried to fall asleep at 11:15.
 
She sighed, deciding to make lunch to make time to go by faster. She slowly got out of bed, shuffling her feet to the kitchen. Sakura searched through her cupboards, snatching some bread and peanut butter, grabbing strawberry jam from the fridge. Her sandwich was made, several bites taken. She glared at the clock, 11:41.
 
“Augh, why can't this day go any faster!?” Knocking was heard, Sakura brightening up and leaping towards the door with joy. She opened it to find Naruto with a wide grin on his face.
 
“Hey Sakura! You enjoying your break?”
 
“…No. And it's ALL. YOUR. FAULT.” He stammered, thinking when he snapped his fingers.
 
“Well that's because you're at your house! You should be at a restaurant or…hot springs! Yeah, there's a town a little way off that has these great hot springs that does wonders for your skin! Grandma Tsunade took me and the pervy sage six…or was it seven years? Well anyway, you should go there!”
 
“But Naruto-“ He ran inside, locking her out of her own room. She shouted as she banged on her bedroom door, threatening to break it down and put him in the hospital. She started counting down when the door was opened, a full suitcase shoved into her arms.
 
“Let's go!”
 
“But…but!” It was futile, Naruto pushing her al the way to the gate of the village.
 
 
---------
 
 
A pout remained on her face, the handle tight within her grip. Swear words were muttered, directed toward a certain blonde. She walked through the small village, ignoring all the people staring and whispering at her.
 
“Lousy Naruto…big mouth…pummel him…burn ramen…” She was out of the village in minutes, stomping ahead to her destination. Naruto didn't quite remember the name, but it had hot springs that would make her skin softer and smoother. The only bad part, from her perspective, was that it was co-ed. She didn't want any men groping around to or trying anything.
 
People walked past her, speaking in hushed tones. She really didn't care until one of them spoke of a familiar boy.
 
“He had raven hair and the deepest, darkest eyes I've ever seen. The way he stared was so frightening; I just had to get away.” She pondered about this, wondering if it was the very one. “But as for the girl, she's a different story. Such an adorable child with that sweet smile of hers. So innocent, so pure.” She scoffed, shaking her head. It wasn't him. He would never be accompanied by a kid, let alone a girl.
 
“It's probably some overprotective brother or something.” Her grip loosened, her head slightly drooped. Memories resurfaced, plaguing her mind. Tears started to build up, but she willed them to stay, not daring to let a single one stray down her cheeks.
 
She held her head high, her steps quicker and strong. She wouldn't show emotion, not for him. She made a promise to forget and move on. But there was one problem, her heart would never forget, and it never will.
 
“Maybe this break is worth it.” She stood in the gate, staring at the small village. The tears were gone, a smile on her face. Now was the time to lay back and relax.
 
 
-------------
 
 
Naomi slid off his back, darting towards the town with a smile. Her brother only smirked, shaking his head. He watched as she ran about, peeking through windows and into small restaurants. Eventually she spun around with a smile, waving her arms. She hopped in place, pointing at the small building she stood in front of.
 
“So, you want to eat there?” She nodded her head with glee, grinning once he reached her. She grabbed his hand and led him inside, a small number of villagers inside. The atmosphere was cheerful and friendly, smiles on everyone's faces. A waitress approached them and gave them a table, awing at Naomi.
 
“So, do you want to hear today's special?”
 
“Hmm, Naomi.” Naomi nodded he head, the waitress telling them with precision. She soon left once he and Naomi decided, Naomi with teriyaki chicken and milk, her brother with grilled tilapia with rice and bitter tea. Naomi looked around, kicking her legs while slightly rocking side to side. The villagers watched her, an elderly couple chucking as she waved over to them. Several minutes passed, the waitress returning with their drinks and plates.
 
“Enjoy!” Naomi reached for her chopsticks, closing her eyes as she mouthed thanks for the food. Her brother did the same, both eating at their own food. Naomi was eating quickly, but didn't exactly splurge, as her brother took his time chewing. “My, she has an appetite! And such a cute little girl! Here, I brought some dumplings from the chef, they're on the house!” The waitress placed a small bowl in the middle as she giggled at Naomi. She patted her head as she left to attend the other customers. Naomi's brother pushed the bowl to Naomi, who gave him an even bigger smile as she took a bite of a dumpling.
 
 
-------------
 
 
Naomi skipped to and fro, chasing other children and any creature within her sight. Her brother just followed her, making sure she stayed out of trouble. As she played with other children, his thoughts strayed to their earlier conversation about HER.
 
“See? Told you it was a pretty name!” He kept silent, his heart beating fast. He couldn't believe she said he talked in his sleep. And she happened to hear him say HER name. “So, who is she big brother?” He wouldn't look at her, trying to ignore his little sister. Puffing her cheeks, she stomped over and snatched his hand. “Who is she? Is she a sister? A cousin? Neighbor?” He tried taking his hand away, but she wouldn't let go.
 
“That's enough Naomi. It's time to continue.”
 
“No! Not until you tell me who she is!” His eyes penetrated hers, blazing red into pale blue.
 
“That. Is. Enough.” She kept her mouth shut, climbing onto his back again. All that was heard was the scraping of his shoes against the dirt. After some time, Naomi gathered the courage to touch his cheek.
 
“I'm sorry big brother…”
 
“It's all right Naomi. Just forget about it.”
 
“But I can't. She really must've been important to you since you're so angry at me.” He remained silent, his dark eyes focused ahead. Curious, Naomi frowned at the question she was about to ask. “Is she…dead?”
 
“No. But that is of no concern to either of us.” Thinking with a pout, a devious smile took place.
 
“Oh, I see now. You love her, but she has a boyfriend!” His mind went blank, his eyes wide. He never noticed the raised tree root, dooming him to fall with extra weight to add onto the pain. “Ah ha! I'm right!”
 
His hand unconsciously went to his head, rubbing where it made contact with the ground. He was glad no one else saw that. It would be humiliating for someone of his status to be defeated by a simple tree root. His eyes looked up to spot Naomi, but realized she was gone. The sun was starting to set, children heading inside the houses. He gritted his teeth, not having the time or patience.
 
“Naomi, come out.” He wandered through the streets, searching in every location possible. After several minutes he started to become aggravated, his eyes watching the sun. “Naomi now is not the time to play games.” This has happened before, and he didn't like the results. It had been raining that day, and since she decided to hide in the river, she got sick.
 
“Well, I'm here, but it's getting dark. I'll enjoy the hot springs tomorrow. Now, where's the inn…” Someone bumped into him from behind, turning his head to see a hooded figure. A sorry was mumbled, the head hunched over a map. He ignored the person, walking in the direction the person came from. Unknown to him, Naomi was perched on the rooftop, watching his every move. She averted her eyes to the figure, wondering what the person looked like.
 
“Naomi, come out. It you don't, no dinner.” She ignored the threat, silently following the hooded figure. She ducked when the person stopped; entering a building, the sign clearly pointing out it was the Hot Spring Inn. She smiled, knowing that's where she and her brother would also be staying. Hopping onto the ground, she happily skipped towards her brother. She gave a tug at his cloak, only to earn a furious glare, which soon softened as he ruffled her hair. He carried her towards the inn, unaware of the grin on Naomi's face. There was a plan running through her head, which meant chaos would ensue.
 
He entered the building, Naomi sliding off his back as he held her hand within his. He asked for a room for the night, planning to leave in the morning. Placing the key within a pocket, he led Naomi to the dining area, Naomi sitting across from him. A woman brought over some onigiri, letting them know she'd be bringing sushi soon.
 
“Now, Naomi. How many times have I told you not to wonder off.” She placed her mouth in a pout, clasping her hands together as she looked up with tear filled eyes. “Don't even try Naomi. That trick isn't going to work.” She started to sniffle, the tears closer to falling. Her brother shook his head, aware of people watching them. He knew they were tsking in a disapproving way. Glancing back at his sister, he gave a sigh and patted her head. “All right. But next time I won't be so soft.” Her tears were gone, a wide grin on her face. She took hold if an onigiri and bit into it, filled with delight.
 
“Huh, wha' day know. He does have a heart.” Naomi blinked, moving her head slightly to see the same hooded figure turning back around, sitting behind her brother. A glint became apparent in her eyes, scooting her chair closer to the table. Drinks were placed on the small table, Naomi purposely kicking her brother as she gulped down the water.
 
“Naomi…stop that.” He was fully aware she did it intentionally, all out of her amusement. Still she resumed, kicking his legs while swinging her hair side to side. “Naomi, I'm warning you.” She continued to ignore him, smirking into the cup when there was red in his eyes. “NAOMI I SAID STOP!” His chair bumped into the person behind him, tea spilling onto the lap.
 
“AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! WHY YOU LOUSY-“ The hood slid off the head due to the sudden movement, the bodies frozen. Naomi smiled at her accomplishment. Looks like she found a worthy older sister.
 
 
--------------
 
 
She sighed in relief as she walked past the gate, glaring at the poorly drawn map. Naruto had given it to her when she left, but it looked worse than a toddler's. Noticing the looks she was given, her hand reached up to pull the hood over her pink hair. She walked endlessly through alleyways, growling when she reached dead ends. Turning around she muttered a few curse words towards a certain blonde who wore orange.
 
“Naomi, come out.” Sakura didn't pay much attention to her surroundings, no noticing the boy in front of her path. She was far too absorbed into the crude piece of crap Naruto called his “finest work of art”. “Naomi now is not the time to play games.”
 
“Well, I'm here, but it's getting dark. I'll enjoy the hot springs tomorrow. Now, where is the inn…” She bumped into the back of a boy her age, but she didn't pay him much mind. “Sorry.” He ignored her, walking past her as he continued his search. “According to this map…it should be…oh! Here we go!”
 
“Naomi, come out. If you don't, no dinner.” Sakura walked to the inn, going inside, but decided to keep the hood on to gain less attention.
 
“Umm, excuse me. I believe I have a reservation by Naruto Uzumaki?” The desk lady smiled at her, giving a bow.
 
“Ahh, Miss Haruno! We're so glad to see you made! I hope you'll enjoy your stay here for the week! Now, here's the key to your room, and dinner is currently being served!” Sakura bowed in return, pocketing the key as she entered the dining area, deciding to sit next to the window. She thanked the woman as the enjoyed the onigiri, gazing at the stars outside.
 
“Now, Naomi. How many times have I told you not to wonder off.” Sakura turned her head, seeing the same boy from before behind her, scolding an adorable little girl. She rose a brow, smirking as she saw the all too familiar puppy dog face of doom. “Don't even try Naomi. That trick isn't going to work.”
 
Sakura stifled her laugh, enjoying the effect of the boy. No one could escape the dreaded puppy dog face. She knew it was hook, line, and sinker when he sighed and patted the little girl's head.
 
“All right. But next time I won't be so soft.” She quietly snickered as the little girl returned to normal and how the boy surrendered to the face.
 
“Huh, wha' day know. He does have a heart.” She turned back around, seeing there was now sushi. She took her chopsticks, breaking them with a small prayer. Her curiosity peaked again when she heard the sound of kicking. She remembered doing that to piss off her older male cousin when she was a 6 year old. It wasn't a very wise idea.
 
“Naomi, stop that.” That wasn't going to work. Children never do until they're yelled at or struck. Judging from the voice Sakura guessed he would probably yell at the girl. “Naomi, I'm warning you.” Then there were warnings. They don't always work though, only half the time. Now, how much longer until he reaches the point of his control. She listened, the kicks slightly louder and thicker. There was a sudden scraping, a booming voice. “NAOMI I SAID STOP!” The cup of tea fell out of Sakura's hands as his chair collided with her, spilling all over her lap.
 
“AHHHHHHHHHH!!! WHY YOU LOUSY-“ She swung around, posed to strike him when her eyes locked with his. Her hood was gone, her pink hair in plain view. Her body trembled, unable to move. His voice was gone, a lump in his throat. He was unable to tear his eyes away from hers, his hand with a kunai to her neck, her fist near his cheek. His red eyes faded to black, her emerald widening further. He soon felt a small hand in his empty one, watching the older girl.
 
“Sasuke…”
 
“Sakura…”
 
They spoke at the same time.
 
 
A/N: Owwww………..pain……….need…… 230;..break……….ow………..can you………guess now? Did you………notice the…….strangeness…….yet? Ow………