Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Snapshots ❯ Chapter four ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
I wasn't going to write this until a later date but since writing helps to me to focus and I really don't feel up to packing just yet. So instead, here I am instead.

Kishimoto owns the wonderful manga known as Naruto. I'm just playing with his creation. Mitsu Akiko, Tamanazi Haya, Aiko and the summon cats are mine.

This is a story that includes a threesome. Means three legal adults are in a relationship, two of which are men. If you don't like that then don't read. There is also only one 'yaoi' pairing: GenmaxRaidou. Another note, the Snapshots/A New Beginning/Unbroken Bond's Tamanazi Haya is NOT related to Kakashi. In Aruhi no Hakkyou, she is his cousin. Unbroken Bonds and Aruhi no Hakkyou fall in completely different 'universes' while Snapshots and A New Beginning are within the same one.

--------------------------

Drunken laughter rings out across the Tamanazi clan's land where almost a hundred people have gathered near the edge of their lake for one of the oddest weddings Konoha has ever seen. And likely ever. Several children run around, their laughter mingling with the adults' voices.

Naruto grins at his mother, for once not wearing his bright orange jumpsuit. His black suit making his hair and eyes stand out more then usual. "Mom, why are you going through with this if you don't want to?"

Pulling a face, Haya tugs on the dress she was forced into, grimacing. "I never said that. What I did say was I feel ridiculous. And look the part. I'm wearing red. Red! I feel like I just took a goddamn bloodbath. I hate the color red. But, of course, your father wouldn't hear of waiting until after I gave birth. Seven months pregnant and I'm getting married. If I could move fast enough, I would gut him. Slowly and painfully. Look at me! I swallowed a fucking pumpkin and between that, this stupid dress and the fact I'm wearing red...he has another thing coming if he expects me to drop my surname and take his!" Her swollen stomach sticking out oddly on her petite frame, looking as if the slightest pressure would snap her in half. "I'm going to kill him the first chance I get."

Quickly deciding that running away from his mother would be a good idea and he inches away then runs.

Watching him go, Haya snorts then growls at the woman who gave her a scandalized look. "Fuck off. I'm pregnant, getting married and I carry sharp, pointy weapons." Hiking up her skirts, she stomps off best she can, the added weight making her feel lopsided. "Never again. Never, ever again. Kakashi or Iruka can do this next time if they want more kids. I'm not their personal breeding machine." She leaves a trail of confused and wary guests, muttering to herself. Loudly.

Carefully, Genma turns to his lover and speaking very quietly in the hopes Haya won't magically overhear him. "I would go warn Kakashi and Iruka that their bride-to-be is pissed." Pausing a moment, he grins. "But it's just much more fun to watch her blow up at them."

"Some friend you are." The scarred jounin takes another swallow of sake.

"Yep. Good friend, that's me."

Wisely, Raidou says nothing as a hush filters through the crowd then there is a loud shriek of fury followed immediately by an ear-piercing scream.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT YOU 'MISPLACED' KAKASHI AND IRUKA, GAI! GO FUCKING FIND THEM BEFORE I TURN YOU INTO THE MAIN COURSE!"

An equally loud yelp is heard then a cloud of chakra smoke spreads outwards from Gai's escape.

"FUCK THIS! I'M GOING HOME! THEY CAN GET MARRIED WITHOUT ME."

Yanking her skirts up to her knees, she awkwardly stalks away from the crowd, heading for her house. Sandaime standing at the alter set up for the wedding and left staring after the redhead.

"......So, is it a good thing that I'm the one holding onto the rings?"

Raidou rolls his eyes and pushes his cup into Genma's hands. "Stay here."

"Huh? Where are you doing?" Eyes go to the cup then the other man.

"Someone has to calm her down and Iruka isn't here." Shrugging, Raidou turns to follow their angry friend.

Senbon twitching, Genma looks at him. "Something tells me that isn't wise, love."

"Would you rather she stay so mad that she goes into pre-mature labor?" Locking gazes with his partner, he stares him down.

"...Right. Carry on. When she starts throwing things, run."

Shaking his head, Raidou trots off towards the houses making up the Tamanazi district. Carefully entering the house, he pauses to remove his shoes. Raidou locates his friend's chakra signature coming from the kitchen and walks into the room. Sighing when he sees her resting against the table, one of her hands pressed to her stomach. "You have to calm down, Haya. Anger isn't good for the baby." Approaching her as one would a wild animal, he cautiously puts a hand on the nap of her neck, squeezing slightly. "Breathe."

Inhaling deeply, eyes closed she attempts to slide into a light mediation state. Ever so slowly, her body relaxes and the pains coarsing through her fade. "Aspirin?"

"Hai. Stay there." He steps back, heading to the cabinet he knows his friends keep any medicine. Fetching the bottle and a glass of water, he drops down to his knees next to her, pushing the glass into her hand then three small white pills. "Haya, don't let it get to you like this. The baby will come to soon if you don't stay relaxed."

"Why do you think I wanted to wait until after I had her? Weddings are stressful on a good day but this one just wants to go down in the history books as Konoha's Strangest Wedding."

"You're a little late on that front. It's already the strangest. I can give a list of why." Smoothing a loose piece of hair from her face, he grins up at her.

Glowering at him, she folds her arms awkwardly over her chest; her growing girth making her lift her arms higher then usual. "No thank you. I'm sure I know all those reasons. The one at the top of the list would be the fact three people are marrying each other." Lowering her eyes, she suddenly hesitates. "Raidou?"

"Haya?"

"Should I even be doing this?"

Hesitating himself, he tries to understand what she meant by the question. "Haya, I'm not a mind-reader. You're going to have to tell me what you meant." His voice gentle as he places his hand on her knee.

"Getting married. Having this child. Everything. I don't feel like me anymore. I'm not me any longer. Whenever I look in a mirror, all I see is a stranger staring back at me."

"I could say that it's just your hormones talking. That'd be insulting and dismissive of your feelings. You have fears, everyone does. Don't let them overwhelm you, Haya." Squeezing on her knee, he offers the only advice he can to his friend.

"Ninja 101." Her voice is husky. Digging up a smile for him, she nods and grimaces. "I haven't been acting much like a ninja lately. It's like my training never existed."

"You're pregnant. It's expected." Getting to his feet, he holds a hand out to her, grinning when she takes it and helps her to her feet. "Do you still want to go through with this?"

She mutely regards him, brown eyes bland as she just stares up at the scarred jounin standing there.

"Haya?"

"Hold on. I'm thinking."

"Haya..."

"I'm still thinking."

"Well, think while I drag you out there." Suiting actions to words, he scoops her up before she has a chance to protest and forming the handseals, transports them back outside. Appearing by the alter, he sets her down on her feet only to receive a fist in the side of his head.

"Grrrrrrr."

"Bad for the baby."

Glaring at him, she huffs and turns, pointedly ignoring him. Haya comes face to face with two blurry-eyed men stare back, both looking very pale -and green in Kakashi's case- as they are held upright by Asuma and Gai. Her eyes narrow slightly then sighs. "Sandaime, please get on with it before these idiots pass out or I end up going into labor from the suppressed desire to beat their idiotic brains in!" She pauses and fixes Genma, Gai, Asuma and the two chuunins trying to melt into the background with a dark scowl. "Yes that includes all of you!"

Sakura turns to her teammates, her expression uneasy. "...Naruto, is this normal?"

"Yep. Mom's been taking it easy lately, cause she's pregnant and all."

"Normal! Easy!"

"Sakura-chan?"

"......I'm going to end up just like them....from being trained under Kakashi-sensei....."

"...Sakura-chan, snap out of it."

"Hn."

"WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" The pink-haired kunoichi bursts into tears.

"NO CRYING ALLOWED AT MY WEDDING!! UNLESS IT'S DONE BY ME!"

"Yep, normal."