Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Snapshots ❯ Chapter five ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]
This was spawned last night while I was talking to my best friend about Naruto and our roleplay.

My OCs are still mine. And Kishimoto still has the rights to Naruto. Only borrowing them.

Someone pointed out that I mixed up then and than. I went back over this chapter to fix that mistake. I don't have a beta so all mistakes are mine and mine alone. I do proofread but things can be overlooked.

--------------------------

"I hate these kind of missions." Haya growls as she halts in front of the opened gates leading into Konoha and lifts her head before sighing. "It's good to be home." She shoots the guards a dark glare when they snicker at her. "Shut up, Kotetsu, Izumo." She wisely doesn't tell them how ridiculous she already feels dressed up as a geisha, having shed the makeup and elaborate hairstyle on while her way back but still in the kinomo. Hiking the skirts up around her knees, for the hundredth time, she marches towards the guard station to show them just how annoyed she is when a scream fills the air.

All three of them tense up, going for their individual weapons when the scream comes again, this time a word can be made out.

"MOM!"

"Naruto?" Spotting her running son, she stares at his approaching form with a perplexed expression and can only wonder what happened.

"Mom! Come quick!" He latches onto her arm, hauling her sideways as he doubletimes it back in the direction he just came from.

Twisting, she uses his momentum against him, locking one leg around his and yanking hard. She allows her own momentum to pull her backwards, flipping herself easily back to her feet despite the long skirts tangling around her legs. Plants her hands on her hips, she stares down at him. "First, you will tell me what has you so riled. Then we will go wherever you are trying to take me."

"He's back!" Naruto bounds to his feet and makes a reaching motion for his mother when the glare he receives freezes him. "They found Dad!"

Her eyes widen and she hauls the skirts back up then secures them once more. Forming the needed amount of chakra, she vanishes in a puff of smoke, leaving Naruto gapping at the spot she inhabitated. 'Kakashi, you fool! Where have you been these last six months?!'

She appears in a hallway of the hospital, startling a nurse who drops the tray she was carrying. Closing her eyes, she reaches out and just feels for her husbands' chakra. Feeling the pulse of it coming from down the hall, she hurriedly makes her way there. Halting, she flares her own then slides the door open, going inside.

"Iruka?"

Exhausted brown eyes lift to meet her own worried ones. A weak yet ecstatic smile is tossed in her direction. "He'll be alright. He's just resting." His fingers tighten around the pale hand trapped between his own tanned ones. "Sasuke was in here right after they brought him in and lifted the jutsu. He regained conscious for a few minutes, long enough for Tsunade-sama to evaluate his condition." And his sanity. Unspoken words linger in the air.

Stepping closer, she wraps her arms around the chuunin and sighs, resting her cheek against his ponytail. Her eyes stray to the still and sleeping form of their partner. "And you? How are you doing?" Her mission having taken her out of Konoha for the last three weeks. Haya tightens her grip on Iruka when she senses him tensing up than forcibly relaxing and she drops a kiss to the side of his head. "I'm sorry. I wish I had been here." But no one else could have pulled off the mission.

"He's home at least. So are you. I'll be alright." Now that both of you are back where you belong. He tilts his head backwards and works the fingers of one hand into the base of her long, knee length braid and pulls her down for a proper kiss.

"Hm." Haya allows him to dominate her temporary, giving herself into the kiss before breaking it. Concern appears in her eyes as she notices and reaches out to touch the large, purple bruise covering one cheek. "What happened?" I know. I'm here. I love you.

"Oh this? Kakashi had a nightmare and started to fight. I tried to pin him long enough for the doctors to arrive. I dodged. His fist was aimed at my nose and I wasn't fast enough to avoid it completely." Iruka slides his fingers from her hair, letting his hand drop limply into his lap and looks away from his wife's gaze. "I'm fine. Really, Haya." I'm not lying. Honestly. I'm glad you're back safe. I love you.

Her fingers trace the bruise lightly even as she nods in agreement. She having seen much worse injuries then this but still doesn't like the thought of her Iruka being hurt, especially by their Kakashi. She says nothing, for their relationship isn't about words but those quiet spaces between; those deep, peaceful silences where they communicate much more deeply then any word can ever express. The silences and gentle, understanding looks they give one another. Cupping his face between her palms, she leans forward and presses a kiss to his forehead lovingly; then, in a show of her complete understanding of his need, slides into his lap, wrapping his arms around her petite frame. Resting her head against his shoulder, she gazes at their slumbering husband, content. A smile spreads across her face as she feels Iruka kiss the top of her head before he tugs her closer.

The rustle of her kinomo echoes in that quiet room as they stand guard over their recovering lover.