Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Snippets of Dawn ❯ Fight ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Theme: Fight
Character: Zetsu
Warnings: Not recommended for reading during breakfast, lunch or dinner

He had seen them all: long ones, short ones, bloody ones. His favorite had to be the short and bloody ones. Those were the type of fights that always made him hungry. Usually he waited until the winner would leave the area so he could put the loser's body to good use. However, it was known that on occasion he'd join the fight and consume both combatants simply because they both looked delicious.

Though the fighting didn't end there. Zetsu would always argue with himself on whether he should start with the feet or start with the head. The feet were like palate cleansers of bone and tendons, gradually letting him savor the juicy flesh of muscles and fat. Although the head was like a succulent hors d'oeuvre: sweet and savory in its complexity of eyes, tongue and brain. He once fought with himself so long about which end to start on, he eventually began in the middle eating his favorite part: the heart. The heart was the perfect food. It had texture, taste and most importantly, flavor. It was the pinnacle of cannibalistic delight.

The thought of food put him on edge as he remembered the last fight he witnessed. Neither side won and the enemies both retreated without suffering any casualties. Those were the fights he hated the most. They taunted him with the prospect of a good meal but failed to deliver. He also hated it when he was ordered to observe, but never interfere. The battle between the Kyuubi vessel and Itachi's younger brother had been one such fight. Luckily, it had been one of the most spectacular battles he had ever seen. Though savoring the loser would have been like icing on the cake. The dead bodies of jinchuriki's were always the most delectable.

The scent of blood perked his attention as the deadly spy blended into his surroundings to find the source of the sweet smell. Remaining hidden, he saw that several ninjas from two warring villages were in a heated battle. There were two four-man teams, one from each village. It looked like two men were down on one team and three from the other. Zetsu's eyes widened in predatory glee. He would be enjoying a feast tonight. He stopped paying attention to the fight and who was winning as he started to argue with himself on which body to eat first. Because it didn't matter who became the victor in this battle; fact was Zetsu always won.