Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Song of the Mist ❯ Attacked! A rescue? ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hinata let out a soft sigh as she looked at her captor's feet drag to and fro the front to the back of his body. When he said he would carry her, she didn't imagine this at all. Of course, she couldn't expect her enemy to treat her well; in fact he was treating her very well as a hostage. She longed to see the green forests of Kohona again, over all she longed to see her loved ones, but in the end she came back to the knowledge that this would not happen any time soon.
“Is the Hyuga clan's “princess” not pleased with something,” Kisame jested as Hinata's face turned pink. “You should be happy I'm not making you drag behind me.” He continued on as he jolted her over his shoulder a bit more with his arm, making her release a big gasp of air.
I wonder, what's going to happen to me now? Will they kill me if they don't get Naruto-Kun? I hope not… I hope no one gets hurt because of me. She thought as she heard something move in the bushes about ten feet away, but didn't give it much thought. It was probably some sort of wild cat or something of the sort. She really didn't care much about what it could have been. Even if it could have been a bunch of travelers, or even some foreign shinobi, they probably wouldn't be able to help her out of the situation she somehow got into.
The land mass around her were forests to Kisame's left, and the rocky canyon edge to her left that went down into a rapid river that wasn't at all welcoming. With these surroundings, it would either be an advantage or a disadvantage to a shinobi in the middle of a fight. Even if there were some sort of shinobi around, she couldn't begin to think they'd anything real threatening to her. Having Hoshigaki Kisame as her captor, there wasn't a good chance of her being rescued if they found that she was captured. If the ninja weren't from the Leaf Village or were allies and realized that she was from Kohona, they would just pass her on my anyhow. Exhaling silently, she closed her eyes gently before opening her mouth to speak.
“T-thank you,” Hinata mumbled softly. Kisame then stopped in his pace and looked up at her face.
“What do you need to “thank” me for,” he said with a straight face. Hinata then blushed a bit more as she turned her head as much as she could to try to look forward in the direction of his face.
“You helped me when I hurt my arm, thank you.” Hinata then turned her face towards the ground again as Kisame sneered.
“I was only doing what my partner wanted me to do. He wants me to take you to our destination, alive. A few moments of silence after he said this, he started to continue walking.
Things stirred in the bushes again, before something suddenly jumped out. Kuninai were flying to wards him quickly, aiming for his neck. Seeing this he bolted down a steep path going downwards at the canyon edge. Kisame then put Hinata down, hitting her with the sword and saying, “Don't you think about escaping, you load of crap.” And with that, Kisame jumped back up to where he was attacked. There, standing in front of him, were a Kohona Jonin and his team that seemed to be made up of chunin.
“Huh, I was wondering when you kohona shinobi, were going to show up.” He said as a cruel smirk formed at the corner of his lips.
“Where's the girl,” the Jonin demanded way as he went into a graceful pose. The young man that stood before him now had long dark brown hair, a kimono-looking white top, pants with some sort of dark grey cloth that came over his pants that had an opening all the way down the middle, and light purple, pupil less eyes. Seeing his kekagenki that matched Hinata's, Kisame remembered the young man who was present in a battle when they where extracting the Shikaku.
“So you're one of the Hyuga clan members? You're the one I ran into before when I fought against you're sensei, Gai, who couldn't even remember me.”
“I remember you as well,” Neji replied activating his Byokugon to search for his cousin's chakra.
As his gruesome grin widened, he suddenly appeared behind the group. The Hyuga's eyes squinted as he saw the Akatsuki's large katana spin about fifty feet above them. It was then that he remembered and knew the out come of what was about to come when he heard the man call out, “Suiton Bakushouha!”
“Get away from the edge, both of you! Try to get somewhere more elevated!” He shouted as water gushed out of the beast's wide mouth.
Rivers of water flooded hundreds of feet into the air, and there on top of it stood Kisame with his sword now in his hand. As he dashed throughout the water, he slammed down his blade over a blonde haired konichi's shoulder. Another member of the team then came to defend their friend from further damage, to only cause Kisame to turn and hammer down at the boy.
The man then frowned when he found that there was no body underneath his blade when he reached the ground. Suddenly everyone's attention was inverted to the sound of a loud cracking sound that came from the canyon edge. Kisame looked from the large crack that traced from Samehada to the edge only ten feet away. The Kohona ninja's stood observing this phenomenon as a frown greased over the blue man's face. That was right near the ledge he had put is hostage on. Knowing what it probably was, he stood up and retreaded to the canyon edge.
Yelling back he said, “I would have played with you kids a bit longer, but you're consuming too much of my time.”
As he suspected, when he went to the place he set Hinata down, there she was not, and neither was the ledge he had put her on. “Shemust have fallen into the river. Itachi's going to kill me if I don't find her.” He thought to himself as he cursed under his breath. Looking up one last time to be sure he wasn't followed, he jumped over the edge. “That girl's injuries should hold them off my case for a while, but I'm not sure if it's long enough to find that brat. What a pain,” Kisame commented as he continued to think. He scanned his eyes over the foaming river, but with no results. The only thing he could think of doing now was searching in the water.
Plunging into the frigid water, he scoped to see if she had caught under any rocks or branches. For many minutes that felt like ages, he found nothing but continued to search for the girl. As he reached an area that got deeper, he saw her purple jacket stuck on a large broken tree branch that was wedged between a few boulders. Kisame then surfaced the waters, and picked it up in his hand. In his mind, he saw that Hinata must have gotten caught on the branch and had unzipped it to save herself from being drowned. Sighing in needing to go this far to search for her, he shouted, “Mizu Bunshin no Jutsu!”
Three water clones then formed beside him. Now with four of them all together, he should be able to find the brat quicker, but will he still find her on time? That was the only barrier that now stood in his way. If he didn't go fast enough, she may drown or freeze to death. Either way wasn't good at all for her or for him. If he found her dead, who knows what would happen to him. This was the only reason why he'd actually put some effort into finding the hostage.
His idea worked. About a half an hour later, one of his clones found her limp body hanging onto part of the canyon's edge with on of her hands. As he himself swam up to her location, he picked her up and carried her to an area that was a lot less elevated. Then laying her down on the grassy ground, he felt her wrist for a pulse. “She's still alive, but won't be for long if she doesn't warm up,” he thought as he rubbed her arms with a rather relived look on his face. “I just knew you'd be some sort of trouble or another for me.” He muttered under his breath.