Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Stories of Metropolis: Battle for The Fire Country ❯ Captain Diego Clan-Clan ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Meanwhile 100 miles from the city, a gallon ship sailed towards the docks. The named of the ship was The Flying Ctarl. Standing on by the wheel was a figure, there standing is a young boy, but this is not a fully human boy. He has a tan skin with black hair, he has dark brown eyes, he has long ears but he’s not an Elf. Some say he’s a Ctarl-Ctarl, but really he’s a hybrid. He’s half Ctarl-Ctarl, and half dog (humanoid) he stood on the front of his ship. His girlfriend Jin stood next to him. Diego was two years older then Jin, they both watched the city of CN as Jin asked Diego “I’ve never seen buildings like these before.” She said Diego glanced at her “Love, there is more things to see than the Earth Kingdom and the CN Country.” Then he glanced back to the city.

Diego then realized that he was in a dilemma; he actually was sailing away from the Fire Nation. He remembers that he is wanted. It was a few weeks ago that he sailed in the docklands of the Earth Kingdom. He, Mr. Krabs and his Ctarl-Ctarl crew notices that the Fire Nation ships were docked at the docklands. As soon they were docked Diego ordered Mr. Krabs to stay with the ship till he gets back.

He walked around to see a Fire Nation Soldier he walks towards him he asked “Excuse me, can you tell me why you’re on Earth Kingdom soil?” The Solider held a pike and answered “We took over the city Ba Sing Se.” Diego then asked “you mean you guys actually capture the city?” the soldier nodded. Diego walked off then said “You guys aren’t that bad after all.” He then was stopped by a group of pikemen that created a pike wall. “You’re not going anywhere, Captain Diego.” a soldier said.

Soon Diego was transported to the palace where Azula was sitting on the throne right besides her was the city’s Supreme Bureaucratic Administrator Joo Dee. Diego was standing as he said “look, I’m not so sure what I did here. But I was just here to resupply.” Azula sat as she crossed her legs she said “Captain Diego, I heard that you are a pirate?”
“Yes, but I never seen a wanted sign anywhere, so why do you need me?” he asked while he force himself free from a soldier.
“Well, you are a mercenary too, right?” Diego stopped.
“What is that you want?” he asked.
“I need a pirate to raid any Earth Kingdom ship and any ships that pose a threat to the Fire Nation.” Azula replied. Diego placed his fingers on his chin while he thinks.
“How much are we talking about?”
“We will make you a Captain in the Fire Nation Navy and we will give you some money for your work, any ship you sack you can keep 30 percent of the money in it.
“50” Diego snapped “I don’t come cheap.”
“40 percent and that’s it.” Azula said while she got up and walked towards Diego.
“Plus, if you’re successful…” she placed her hands on Diego’s face and walked behind him. “You can have me be you’re…”
“Don’t push it, love. I’ll go for the money not to be your boyfriend.” He said.

Azula sighed as she said “That’s too bad. Anyway, you are now a member of the Fire Nation Navy, now go and enjoy the city till I have a mission for you.” She said while she walked back to the throne.

Diego walked down the streets to see that the people of the once great city now lived in terror, barely anyone walked on the streets as he passed by the people hid in there houses. Diego then walked till he saw a soldier mugging a civilian. He watched as he hit him in the face knocking him down. Diego kept on walking, he then starting to realize that he was working for the bad and the cruel. “Why do I always do this?” he thought to himself. Soon Diego was stopped as he notices a Tea shop. Diego then decided to go in.

Diego notices that there were only a few people. Diego sat near a table that was nearest to the door. Jin was working in the kitchen, she notices Diego. She walked towards him, Diego then notices her. Jin soon enough said “What will you like to have?” Diego then looks up, he was love struck and so was Jin. They stared at each other for a moment.

“I’ll…” Diego tried to speak, but no words came out of his mouth. Jin forgetting about the harsh climate smiled at him. Diego then said “I’ll have whatever is good.” He said. Jin then replied “coming right up.” She left to the kitchen Diego watched her till she was out of sight.

Jin returned holding two tea cups filled with pure goodness. She sat across the table, Diego raised an eyebrow and said “Aren’t you still working?” Jin then said “I’m the only one working here.” She replied. Diego took a sip of the tea, his ears sprang up, he then said “This is the best tea I’ve tasted for a while.” Jin smiled and blushed “Thanks, it’s my family’s recipe.” Diego then realize something “Oh, I forgot…My name is Diego Clan-Clan, Captain Diego actually.” Jin then almost choke on the tea, Diego suddenly reacted by trying to tap her back, Jin held her hand up. She finally recovered and said “Your Captain Diego. The Captain Diego.” It was now Diego’s turn to blush. “What…are you a fan.” He said. Jin nodded, Diego then asked “I like to know where you heard me from.”

Jin then explained “You are known by a bunch of girls, I was listening and one of them.” Diego then said “Maybe, I’ve been to every part of the world.”

“All of them?” Jin asked, Diego eyes narrowed to the ground “Kind of.” He said. Jin then said “What countries have been to?” she asked. Diego sat back and tried to relax, “Well, I’ve been to many countries that include the New World.” Jin then asked “Theirs a New World?” Diego nodded. “But no one but me discovered it.” Jin then asked “Can you tell me about it.” She asked. Diego smiled “Sorry, love but I can’t tell you about it.”

Jin looked disappointed “Hey…I want to show you something.” She said. “What about your shop?” Diego asked. Jin simply drag him off Diego was force out by a hand pull. Soon Diego and Jin both reached a fountain that was lit. Diego looked at the reflection that the water makes, the sunset made it even more beautiful. Jin said “This is my favorite place in the city, my parents used to come here a lot when they were younger.” Diego watched as Jin and the fountain did indeed made a beautiful site. Jin then stood next to Diego she simply held Diego’s hand. Diego then looked at Jin’s eyes, “your eyes are just as beautiful as the fountain.” He said Jin blushed. They looked at each other as they got closer for the kiss. Soon their lips met and Jin wrapped her arms around Diego, Diego did the same thing. They kissed as the sun was finally gone and the moon was appearing. Soon they broke apart and looked into each other’s eyes. Diego then said “Love, I’ll take you away to be my girl till the very end.” He said. Jin then asked “Will, you?”

Diego then asked “what about your parents?” Jin then looked hurt her eyes was soon in tears “I’ve no parents, as soon the Fire Nation took over the city, the soldiers were order to sack the city, my parents were killed in the process, I was in the Tea Shop in the time.”

She remembers how scare and shock she was to see the soldiers marching into the city, she raced outside to her house, so was soon met with her dead parents. She felled on her knees and cried. Diego soon confer her by holding her in his arms. He then realized that he was working for the wrong people, how dare he work for these people who hurt a girl like her.

Diego then said “Love, let’s go, you shall come with me.” He said Jin looked up to him and hugged him. “Thanks, Deigi” Diego then asked “Deigi?” while lifting a eyebrow. Jin said “I’ll call you that, it’s cute.” Diego smiled. “Do you need to make it back to your house to get your stuff?” he asked. Jin replied “No, I don’t want to go back.” Diego then said “Let’s go.” They both left the fountain.

Diego and Jin were soon at the docks. Diego then was met by a group of soldiers and Azula was standing with them. “Well…Captain Diego, I’ve said that you can work for me, but I never said that you can leave the city.” Jin then said “What does she mean, Diego?” “I’ll tell you later, Love. Azula I’ve change my mind, since what I learn to what you done to the people here.” Azula then shook her head. “Diego, Diego, You’re a pirate, you should know how to sack a ship is.” “Wrong! I spare the people’s lives on ships I sack!” he snapped.

Krabs then heard the commotion he walked on deck to see the scene. Diego eyes caught Krabs. He then nodded slowly Krabs then walked down deck, “Okay lads, get ready to fire.” He whispered. Diego stood and soon he lifted his index up and said “one moment.” He said Azula watched as Diego and Jin walked a few steps back. “Love, get ready to run.” He said. Before Jin could react a cannon hit right behind the group Azula and the soldier was knocked down as Diego and Jin ran for the deck. “Make sail, Lads!” Diego yelled as the crew were already on the sails Diego cut the rope with his sword. The ship then took off Azula recovered to see that Diego escaped. Azula then heard a Mai and Ty Lee as they walked out of the water. “We got it.” Ty Lee asked. “We got the maps.” Azula then said “Excellent.” She smiled evilly. Diego then ran straight to his office which he found that his map was missing. “Damn it!” he yelled.

Diego was soon brought back to the present. “Diego.” Krabs said Diego then looked at him “Were ported now. He said. It was in an late afternoon as Diego was walking off the docks from his ship. Mr. Krabs was asking Diego, "What should we do, Captain, while you are gone." Diego looked back at Krabs responding, "Just do what ever you do." He walks to the shore, soon enough a bookkeeper walks towards him, Diego simply asks while tossing five silver shillings. "Here’s the pay, keep the change." Diego then had to tell his situation to the governor of the CN Republic

Cartlon was still driving on the road. Calvin, Hobbes, and Naruto were finally up. Calvin asked, "Are we there yet?" "No, we still have about 500 miles." Cartlon replied while checking his watch. It was 3:30 pm. Cartlon caught himself yawning. Calvin asked again,

"Are we there yet?"

"No" answered Cartlon.

(After a few minutes)

"Are we there yet?" Calvin asked again. "No" Answered Cartlon

(Five minutes later)

"Are we there yet?" Calvin asked again. "No" Answered Sakura.

(Minutes pass by)

"ARE WE THERE YET!?" Calvin yelled. "NO!!" Everybody yelled. "You got to have a movie in here or something." Calvin asked. "Well find someway to ENTERTAIN YOURSELF!" Naruto yelled.

Calvin made a popping noise with his mouth, everyone twitches when he does that. Finally on his third one, Sakura replied "Ohh! For five minutes…could you not be yourself…FOR FIVE MINUTES!"
Calvin waited then; when everyone was quiet Calvin waited then made the noise again. Naruto yelled "AHH! ARE WE THERE YET?"

(After many days of driving and suffering from Calvin's questions)
Cartlon replied "Yes, were here." "Oh, Finally." Said Calvin. They drove pass a sign that stated:

Welcome to CN City Capitol of the CN Republic.

Cartlon looked at the different building that they were at. The mountains were just by the city and everything he saw on the commercial was there. Cartlon saw an exit that would lead him to the Capitol Building. He entered the exit. They kept on driving till they passed a town with buildings; normal citizens and our famous characters where walking around the city minding there own business.
Cartlon finally pulled up to the capitol building. He got out of the vehicle and walk on the steps, Naruto, Sakura, Calvin and Hobbes followed him. The two guards which were dressed in uniforms of black which looked like the soldiers wore in the American Civil War crossed their rifles, which were armed with a bayonet. "State your name and purpose," Said one of the guards. "My name is Cartlon, and I’m here to see the Governor of this City, he is expecting me." He replied. "Who are these guys?" The guard said as he pointed to the gang. "These are my friends: Naruto, Sakura, Calvin and Hobbes." The Guards respond "You may proceed, sir wizard." They opened the door; Cartlon walked in to the lobby.
Ms. Bellum saw Cartlon, or at lease she can see.

"Are you, mister Cartlon?" She asked. Cartlon knowing who Ms. Bellum answered "Yes, Ms. Bellum, I’m Cartlon, Wizard of the Real World." Ms. Bellum got up replying, "Come with me." She said as the group followed Cartlon to the Governor’s room. Cartlon was surprised to see that Grandpa Max was the governor of the CN Republic.
"Grandpa Max. I never expected that you’ll be governor," said Cartlon stated. Grandpa Max answers, "Cartlon! We have been waiting for you for years! I never got to meet someone from the Real World." He said while getting up to shake Cartlon’s hand. "Yes, it’s a pleasure to meet you, Governor Max, now will you tell me why I’m here?" He asked. "Your here cause we need someone with your talent or should I say power, to help our friend neighbor country, the Nicktoon Empire."
Cartlon listened while smoking his pipe. "Our friends in that area are in needs of assistants. There is a civil war going on there. Our friends the one rebelling. Emperor Plankton was talking over almost half of this Pangaea." Cartlon asked "Don’t you have superheroes here in CN." "No, the superheroes all lives in The Comic Country. All of the villains are kept at a highly secured prison in the middle of the Toonatic Ocean. We do have some here, but they are most likely to fail." Max answered.
Cartlon listened. "So, we need you go to Nick City to stop Plankton, so that the Nicktoons can make it a republic again." Cartlon answers "Okay, I now what I need to do, but I like to know. How will I get there?" Grandpa Max sat down. "Well, we have a escort for you at the docks which is about 100 miles from here. You will travel with our Privateer; his name is Captain Diego Clan-Clan. I can assure you that the captain will be nice, he’s gone almost around the world."
"Really?" Cartlon asked, Grandpa Max nods, "Really. You name the place; he’s mostly likely to be there." "Okay, well Governor Max, I’ll see to it." Cartlon answered while getting up to shake Max’s hand. "Oh, there is one more thing." Grandpa Max said, Cartlon turned around to face him. "I will like for you to take our agents."

Three boys walked in, one was the shortest of the three, he only had three long hairs and he was wearing a yellow shirt with blue pants with a chain linked to his pants belt to pockets. The next one was about the medium height of the three, he had a black sock hat, and he’d wear an orange shirt, purple pants and red socks. The next one was the tallest of the three, he had one eyebrow, and he was wearing a green coat over a red and white strip shirt. He wore a blue like pants and he had crossed eyes.
"Here are Ed, Double D, and Eddy," Grandpa Max introduced. Cartlon knowing who they are greets him self, "Hello, guys." Double D replies "We ready for commands, Mr. Cartlon." "Please, Double D just call me Cartlon." He replied "Hello, my name is Ed." Ed called out. "Hey, what’s up?" Eddy replied. "It’s a real pleasure meeting you guys." Cartlon answered, while shaking each of the three hands.
"So, Gramps, where we going?" Eddy asked Grandpa Max. "You guys will be helping Cartlon on his mission to Nick City." The Eds shout, "Nick City!" Grandpa Max nodded. Double D responds, "Guys! This is our biggest trip yet." the Eds all said, "Let’s GO!"
"Wait a minute!" Yelled Naruto, "What about the tournament?" "I’m sorry Naruto, but the tournament this year has been canceled due to the civil war in the Nicktoon Country." He said. "WHAT!" Yelled Naruto. "Don’t worry Naruto; we can just go with Cartlon." Sakura answered.
Naruto thought about it, he closed his eyes while thinking (like he usually does). "Well, I guess so, sensei won’t mind us, we can say that it’s A or B Mission for the CN." He said. "So it’s agreed," said Grandpa Max. "Cartlon, good luck." He said.
"Guys." Cartlon said to the Eds, Naruto, Sakura, Calvin and Hobbes. "Let’s move out!" They left the building.
Diego was at the door step as Cartlon and the group broke out Diego passed them Cartlon stopped and asked him “Are you Captain Diego?” Diego stopped and said “Aye?” Cartlon then said “Aren’t you supposed to be with your ship?” he asked. “No, because I have an emergency message to tell the governor, now wait here.” He said as Cartlon walked inside. Governor Max looked at the two. “Governor, I have some bad news.” Diego said.