Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Stories of Metropolis: Battle for The Fire Country ❯ The Plan ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Cartlon listened as the governor said “What bad news?” he said. Diego explained “The Fire Nation took over the capitol. Now they control the Nick Empire.” Grandpa Max sighed “their goes my plan.” He said. “How do you know?” he asked, “I was their when I was resupplying, I was like a spy their. I have another bad news too.” He said. The old man looked at him. “They also seem to nab my maps.” He said “They have important information on it”

“What information?”

“It’s a map sir, it showed every countries that I have been, every city and details were on it, I predict that they might use it to capture this city.”

Grandpa Max wiped his forehead, “We need to know what they will do next. Or else we might never know.”

“May I suggest something?” Cartlon politely asked. “Go on ahead.”

“The way that I see it is that they might do two things…do you have a map, governor?”

The governor sat down on his desk as he took out from one of the drawers a rolled up map that show the continent. He laid it out on his desk, Diego and Cartlon walked over to the map.

“Let’s see…They capture the Nick Empire so that means what ever the empire had, they now have it, correct?”

“…right.” Diego said.

“Then they shall march to the CN capitol from the east. Now where is this Fire Nation located?”

“It’s located just southwest of the Land of Fire.” Diego answered.

Cartlon then knew that it was the country that he was just in. “Hmm…the first thing that they might do is to march full force to here from the east, the second thing that they might do is to capture in countries surrounding the CN Country thus the Land of Fire and the Land of Wind which is just west from them. And when this is done, they will surround us till the last man.”

Diego felt sick to his stomach, he actually forgot his maps and now it is in the hands in the Fire Nation, they soon will attack the CN Country and even other countries if they want to. Cartlon then looked at Grandpa Max. “So what do we do?” Grandpa Max asked.

Cartlon then sighed as he said three words that start it all “Prepare for war.”

The three stood as Grandpa Max asked “and what of the people of the Land of Fire?”

“Me and my friends can go back and prepare the people there for a invasion. It will take a while but we must act now, before it too late.” Cartlon said, Diego then remembered his crew and Jin. “Governor.” He said, the governor looked at him, “I need to leave my ship here, is that possible?” he asked.

“Sure, you gave us a head’s up, we now know what they are planning.” He said as he tapped his hand on his shoulders. “Oh, I also need some of your troops?” Cartlon asked Max. “How many men you need?” he asked. “I’ll find out once I get there, I’ll send a message to you as soon I can.” Grandpa Max nodded, “Well, we shall get ready for war, and Cartlon.” He said while Cartlon looked back as Diego walked out of the door. “Good luck.” He said as Cartlon nodded and walked out.

The group was waiting outside; Eddy sprang up “So what’s up?” Cartlon placed his hat on his head “there is a change in plan. We will go to Naruto’s home town.” He said. Naruto sprang up from the ground “What do you mean?” Cartlon walked up to him. “Your town might be in danger. We must go back and prepare them for an invasion.” “From who?” Sakura asked.

“The Fire Nation.” Diego said. “They will come prepare, I seen there army.” He said.

“Naruto…does your country have an army of some kind?” he asked.

“Not really, we just have ninjas.” He replied

“Do they know how to fight in large group?”

“Not really, they only do hit and runs attack.”

Cartlon then went to Diego, “Tell me what they have that we don’t.” Diego sighed “They have everything, they have infantry, machines, they have airships and ships that are made of metal.” Cartlon then said “is their anything else?”

“They recently know how to use gunpowder in war.” He said. Cartlon then said “Then we don’t have much time, come we need to make way to the Land of Fire.”

“Wait.” Diego said, the group stopped, “I must let my crew know that I will be leaving.” Cartlon then said “okay, but you must hurry, get them out and we can be on our way.” Diego ran to the vehicle that took him. “Now we shall wait.” Cartlon said as he went inside once more. “Governor, I probability be need a least 660 of your troops.” he said. Governor then said “All right, they we march on to the town as soon as possible.” He said

“Excuse, Mr. Cartlon.” Said one of the guards, “Are we going to war?” Cartlon responded “we might, but don’t get your guards down, if we do, I’ll make sure that this city will never be in Fire Nation hands.”

Diego knew a lot about war, he left his home country in the event of one, the Ctarl-Ctarl were trying to take over the Anime Archipelago, they failed once the army learned to burn and destroy there food supply. His mother Aisha Clan-Clan was the commander of the navy, he learns about ships and army tactics from his mother. He was later at the docks, the vehicles dropped him off. “Wait here.” He commanded the driver he got out and ran straight to his ship, Jin was waiting for him on the deck, they met and Krabs was waiting also. “So, what is the news, Captain?” he asked. Diego then said “We have travel to the Land of Fire with a wizard name Cartlon; we need to help the people there repel an invasion from the Fire Nation.”

“What of the ship, Captain?” Krabs asked.

“I made arrangement to stay here, it will be safe. Now we must make haste, we are in a time limited.” He said. Krabs then commanded “Lads! Prepare to travel on foot.” Diego’s 30 Ctarl-Ctarl sailors ran back and fore grabbing there belongings and items. Diego and Jin looked at each other. “Love, I’m redeeming myself…” Jin placed a finger on his lips.

“I know, you left your maps where they can get it, I know. You do what you need to do.” She kissed him on the nose. Diego then said “Love, I’ll protect you from any harm from this.” He said.

Cartlon was knowledge about every war in the Real World. He also knows much about tactics. He himself is a good fighter with his trusty sword. Cartlon and the group waited for Diego. “How long does it take?” Eddy said impatiently. “He must have a lot of items.” Double D said. Naruto was getting jumpy, he has experience in battle but not the way Cartlon said it.

Cartlon walked up to him “Don’t worry friend, I shall train you so that you can be ready.” He said. Naruto then said “I’m not worried about that, I’m worried how Tsuasde will react to this.” Cartlon then knew that had to deal with the leader of the town. He got up as he looked at the city, the capitol building is set on the middle of the town, but near it was the actually city itself, the skyscrapers glow in the dark as well of the city. Cartlon took out his sword and place the point in the ground he placed his hands on the hilt of his sword and prayed. He knew what was coming.

Diego and his crew were transported in the military truck that he traveled in; Diego took thought about what was coming. He will redeem himself and will make things right. Jin placed her head on his shoulders. “Don’t worry Deigi, you can do it, I have confident in you.” She said. Diego smiled “I know love.” he replied. Diego kissed Jin as they made their way to the city.

Cartlon stopped praying as he placed his sword back in its quiver. He turned back to see that the group were still waiting; they sat and stand like stone in the streets. “Man, what’s taking so long?” Eddy said. “Their get here.” Cartlon said. He stood next to a light post as he took out his pipe, he placed some of the tobacco in the pipe and snaps his finger to make a flame, and he lit the tobacco and started to smoke. Double D watched Cartlon as he puffed a smoke ring.

“Oh, Finally” Eddy said as the trucks arrived, Cartlon looked as five trucks made its way into the road that stretch in front of the capitol. Cartlon dumped the remaining tobacco in a ashtray. Diego jumped out from the back. Cartlon and Diego met “Well, let’s head out.” Cartlon said.

Cartlon and his group both cramped in his hummer, Diego and his crew went in the trucks. Double D, Eddy and Ed were cramped in the very back. “Ed! Get your armpits off my head.” He said. Double D “My legs are cut.” Naruto, Calvin, and Hobbes were in the next row as Sakura sat again with Cartlon in the front. Jin was sleeping on Diego’s shoulders. Krabs was sleeping with the rest of the crew in one truck while the Diego and Jin had there own.

“Well, it begins here, on this clear night.” Cartlon thought “like soldiers marching as they march to define death.” Cartlon hasn’t been in battle, but he must have enough strength and courage to command 100 or 1000s of troops. Diego thought about the same thing, only that he must fixed his mistake to declare a hero. He started to feel his eyes getting heavy, soon his head met Jin’s as they slept together for the first time. Cartlon looked at the full moon once again as he continued to drive out of the city and into glory or defeat.