Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Stories of Metropolis: Battle for The Fire Country ❯ The Training Days ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The next day Morgan waited outside. He smoked his pipe while waiting for Cartlon to arrive back. He looked down to his watch.
“He better be here soon.” He muttered to himself. Diego and Jin were still asleep in bed. Morgan then decided to see if Diego was up, he started to head up to his room. He then knock on his door “Hey, are you up.” He continues to knock on the door.
Diego and Jin both woke up.
“Can you give me just five minutes, Cartlon,” Diego said as Morgan listened.
“Well, I’m sorry laddie, but it’s almost time to train the troops.” He said. Diego started to get up. “Well, I’ll be up, wait your not Cartlon, you don’t sound like him.” Morgan rolled his eyes. “I’m Morgan his friend, now can you get ready so that we can get this done.” Diego got out of bed, “Okay! I’ll me down.” he said while putting his pants.
“Where is Cartlon anyhow?” Diego said while putting on his socks and boots. “He went to go find help. He’ll be back.” Morgan said. Diego was putting on his shirt as he opened the door. “What do you mean…Help?” “
“Well, there are more wizards then me, lad.” Morgan said.
“Oh, yeah, I forgot about that.” He closes the door behind him. “Shall we go see if he’s outside?” he said as they walked down. They were met with Cartlon along with seem like a shorter wizard, this time he was wearing a green cloak and wizard clothing. His staff seems like he just broke a piece of a tree’s branch. “Diego, meet Jeff Benally, also known as Earth Wizard. He is the youngest of our group.” Diego greeted the young wizard “Hello, I’m Captain Diego Clan-Clan. Nice to meet you.” Jeff replied with a smile “Nice to meet you too, Diego, you haven’t be related to Aisha Clan-Clan?”
“She’s my mother.” Diego said.
“Really! Now I’m really honored to meet you.” Jeff said.

The two decide to split up. Diego and Morgan split up to meet with Naruto and his friends, while Cartlon and Jeff met with the volunteer militia. Jeff started to talk to Cartlon in Navajo “Well, this is Naruto’s home right?” Cartlon nodded. “Well, I might like it here.” Jeff said back in English. Cartlon and Jeff met in a plaza in which there was the militia group. “So, what will be training them to do?” Jeff asked. “

“Well, let’s start with the basic. I need to have them fight hand to hand and throw javelins.” Cartlon said. They walked in front of them expecting them as they go. “And how will you do that?” Jeff said. “Let them run 10 miles.” He said as the group wide eyed. Cartlon responded “No, there militia. There only use to fight, maybe just exercising to get strong.” Some men sighed with relief. Jeff said “Well, let’s get started shall we?”

Morgan and Diego were with Naruto. “So, what are you doing with Kouji and Hinata?” he asked. Morgan then said “Well, let them decide, that well be how they perform today. If they don’t want to do this, then will know on how they act.” Diego responded “exactly.”

“Oh, Naruto!” Morgan said while Naruto turned to face him. “I’ll make you in charge of the group.” He said. Naruto smiled “Do you mean it!?” Morgan nodded. “Alright!” Naruto commanded “Today…!” he was cut off by Morgan. “Don’t let it get to your head, lad.” He then commanded “Alright, Today will teach you how to load and fire in less than 2 minutes. A good marksmen will load and fire accuracy in 2 minutes. Now, judging on some of you appearances. I’ll like to know who is willing to fight.” There was silence, “Okay, but after class, you may come and see me if you have any problems. Now, let’s get started.” Cartlon and the militia was doing pushups. “Okay men, after this we shall precede with your duty in battle.” He said as Jeff was running around them. The group stood in place as Cartlon spoke. “Now, men. You’ll be facing the Fire Nation infantry, dodging missiles and artillery. What you’ll be doing is just to fight them off and hurl javelins. To do this you must throw at least 30 meters. We should start by finding someone who can throw this much.” They set the group into 75 soldiers; they let 5 in each row. There was targets approx 30 meters to where the soldiers were at. “Okay, let’s see what you got.” The first five threw the javelins as only 2 out of 5 hit the targets. “We got a lot of work to do.” Cartlon thought.

Meanwhile Morgan along with Diego was watching as the ninjas loaded and fired. Each hit the dummy. Morgan stopped a stopwatch “Terrible! Each one of you never did it last in 2 minutes. It was 4 minutes! Do it again!” Morgan started the watch as the group quickly as soon as he hit the button. They struggle with the ramrod but they soon were finish, they quickly aim and fired. The Militia threw the javelins with their strength and hit the target. “No! Again!” Morgan hit the stopwatch. At noon, they release the group for lunch and break. Naruto walked up to Morgan “Morgan, I never worked this hard for a weapon like this.” He said. He showed him his hand in which it was shaking. “Well, only you and another got 2 minutes. I’m sorry to say this but I need for you to tell me there names. I’ll never seem to know any of them except you.” He said.

Hinata then walked up to the three. She was poking her fingers like usual, “umm…Morgan sir.” She said. Morgan turned to looked at her, “What is it lass?” She said “I…don’t really want to learn how to use this weapon.” She said Morgan then said “It’s okay lass, there no one here forcing you to do it.” He said “I’m sure we can use you for something else.” Soon Sakura ran up to Morgan “When is Cartlon coming?” she asked Morgan. “Hopefully soon, he should release the militia for lunch.” Then Cartlon along with Jeff walked in. Jeff notices Sakura and goes to greet her, he takes off his hat and greets her while he kisses her hand, “pleasure to meet you, Ms. Haruno.” He stated. Sakura then asked “Do I know you?” while she threw her hand back. “Oh, sorry, I’m Jeff Benally.” He stated. “I’m known as Earth Wizard, to many.” He said. Cartlon then asked Sakura “so, how’s training?”
“Well it’s going great, I getting used to the new weapon.” She replied.
“Well, that’s good; at this rate we will be ready for the attack.” Cartlon said as Morgan asked him “Hey, Cartlon. How exactly are we going to know they are here?”
“Well, Ms. Tsunade sends out some ninjas to watch the course for Fire Nation ships.” Cartlon said. “They will be back if they reach the beach.”
“I kind of have a concern about the lads, Cartlon. A lot of them are younger than you and I, How will they even handle this war.” Morgan asked him.
“Believe me, they seen a lot of things, their ninjas and they seen a lot of violence.”
“Dead bodies?” Morgan asked.

“I’m sure, Morgan, otherwise I wouldn’t put them in training. Now believe me on this, I know about them just as much as you do. I read that these guys got invaded by the Ctarl-Ctarl Empire about 2,000 years ago, they pulled off by using guerilla tactics in the dense forest.”
“Were did you read that?” Morgan asked.
“I read some of the history scrolls here,” Cartlon said. “I having a feeling that the history here is just as the same as back home.”
“Well this is somewhat a parallel world, now is it?” Morgan said.
“I wonder, I’ll love to learn the history of this world,” Cartlon said.
Somewhere in the town, the entire group ate at a restaurant, Cartlon, Naruto, Sakura, and Morgan sat on a table where their food was cooking in front of them on a grill.
“I never ate where you can cook your own dish,” Morgan said while chewing on a piece of meat.
“This dish is delicious also,” Jeff said while sitting on a table with the Eds, along with Diego and Jin.
“So, how’s the area where you live at, Jeff?” Jin asked Jeff, while he bit down on the piece of meat.
“Well, it’s not really an exciting place, I live in a desert.” Jeff said
“Oh, you mean here? Are you an earthbender?” she asked.
“What? An earthbender, I’m a wizard that specializes in earth magic,” Jeff responded, “I know how mother earth works and I ask her before I use her to kill.” He said. Diego and Jin then looked at Jeff as he ate a large bit of meat. The two watched as Jeff pulled a A-1 steak sauce from his bag.
“I never eat meat without A-1,” he said, over in the other table both Neji and Shikamaru looked at the Cartlon, Morgan, and Jeff.
“So, what do you think about them?” Hinata asked Neji.
“I don’t know, I never handle a weapon that powerful,” he said.
“Plus, it’s troublesome,” Shikamaru said, “The so called ‘ram rod’ sometimes won’t even go in,”
“Well, I hope the wizard knows what he is doing.” Neji said.
“I’m sure he knows, whats he doing,” Hinata said while looking at Jeff.