Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Stuck on You ❯ White Wings, What are You? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It was 7 o'clock in the next morning the sun shone brightly over the Hyuuga house, patches of light penatrating through the forest trees behind. Everyone was awake at that time except for one tired red head girl. Hinata and Neji sat in the kitchen eating breakfast silently, Hinata looked down most of the time avoiding contact with Neji's silver eyes, her dark blue hair slanting forward covering her own silver eyes. Ever since the chuuin exam Hinata now felt even more uncomfortable around him, they both sat in an uneasy silence. When Naruto defeated Neji in the chuuin exam he had become a little more understanding and the grudge against the main branch family had lessened. But still he never really took back the mean things he said to Hinata during the exam, which bothered him, but every time he tried to apologize Hinata usually she shrugged it off smiling saying it was fine, but he could see the pained look in Hinata's eyes of the recollection of the memory of that day she faced him. Both of them had a day off from missions with their teams so they were going to spend the day relaxing in Konoha.

"So is Yuki still a sleep, Hinata?" Neji asked breaking the silence.

"I think she's still asleep" Hinata responded poking her two index fingers together, a common nervous habit she did quite often.

"Hm that's unusual Yuki never really mentioned her mother at all yesterday only her father" Neji said realizing now wondering why Yuki didn't.

"I'm sure she has her own reasons" Hinata said quietly.

"Neji why don't you go check up on Yuki?" Hiashi said entering the kitchen and then sat at the table while Hinata got up to make breakfast for him.

"Alright" he said.

He stood up and placed his dirty dishes in the sink and turned and walked down the hall. The guest room was the last one down the hall and below his own room. He knocked lightly on the door but there was no reply, he entered the room and noticed Yuki was still sleeping on the futon on the ground. He went over to the table in the room and looked at Yuki's belongings. The two other pictures she had placed besides her father had a picture her young self with her father and a women that was unmistakenly Yuki's mother. The women had the long dark red hair over brown eyes that had a small hint of sadness even though she smiled in the picture, she was dressed up in a merune colored kimono with light pink cherry blossoms patterns with a broad white obi sash around her waist. The third picture had Yuki dresssed up in a white Haori jacket and black Hakama pants, she had long hair reaching to her waist tied back, she was in a fighting stance with her father's sword she was about six in that picture. What Neji noticed that their was a sad look in both Yuki's mothers eyes and Yuki's hinting that there was something they might be hiding. After Neji was done he noticed that Yuki had a journal on the table, he opened it looking at the pages. It had some pages from six years ago until now. But there was one page that he saw that caught his eye.

Pg 50

"There's no where to hide.
All alone in this world.
Tears can never fill this shattered empty heart.
No one can love the demon within me.
I live a lonely unloved life."

"No one can love the demon within me" Neji repeated to himself wondering what was it Yuki was hiding.

Neji put back the journal on the table, he turned back and sat beside Yuki shaking her slightly to wake her up, her eyes opened, she sat up with a dazed look and her hair spreaded all over.

"How are you feeling Yuki?" Neji asked in a concerned voice.

"Ok, I guess." Yuki responded in a tired voice.

"What are planning to do today?" Neji asked her.

"Well I was going to look for my father's sword, and get new clothes and find a job this morning." she responded.

"I'll come with you then since your still injured." Neji got up helping Yuki to her feet. She was still wearing the kimono Tenten had lent her.

"Can I change before we leave" Yuki asked.

"Alright" Neji exited the room closing the door bhind him. Two minutes later Yuki appeared whering her clothes from the other day except she wore a clean blue t-shirt underneath her coat. They left the house meeting Hiashi in the front entrance telling him, he was going to be with Yuki in the village. They left the house entering the morning heat.

Yuki walked ahead of Neji, leaving him trailing behind, every now and then she would look back and wait for Neji to catch up. She took out a scoll from her pocket and opened it up for both of them to see.

"So this is the map to that my father gave me to find his other sword, but I'm not sure of where it is in the village" she said.

"Hm it looks like its near mountians by the Kohaku river" he answered.

Neji walked a head telling Yuki to follow him. They reached the river and looked like it was going to be a long trip to walk around it to get to the mountain.

"So is it those mountians over there across the river," she pointed.

"Yes, but the river's too deep to walk through and the stream is moving to fast to swim across, so were going to have to take the long way around to get there" he said.

"I don't know about that" Yuki said, she grinned a little. She knelt before the river and made a few hand seals and placed them over the river surface, slowly a small path of ice formed its way across to the other side of the river. She got up and started to walk across the path, Neji stood there for a moment dazed at what she had done to the river. She turned back and smiled, "Are you coming Neji?"

"Uh yes I'm coming" he replied. He then followed her to other side of the river she then knelt back down and made a some more hand seals and placed the over the river suface like before but this time the ice path melted back into water.

"Where'd you learn how to that?" Neji asked a little curiousity and interest in his voice.

"My father taught me that trick when I was younger, he was a pretty talented swordsmen and ninja" she said.

"What about your mother, what was she like?" Neji asked.

Yuki stopped for a minute and look back at Neji into his silver eyes with her violet eyes showing a pained and deep sad look. Neji realizing that he had made her feel uncomfotable responded quickly and said "I'm sorry you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"No it ok" she said contining to walk.

"She looked alot like me but had brown eyes, she was an excellent kuniochi that spealized in water techiques, but lets just say she was extremely different from the villagers in the Hidden Mist village that people hated her for."

"Hated her for?" Neji asked.

"Yes hated her for."

They reached the Mountains and stood there for a moment. "Were going to have to climb up and enter that hollowed opening up there" Neji pointed above them. They sarted to climb the side of the mountain gripping on to the surfaces ascending up slowly. Yuki was head of them both. Neji paused for second feeling tired, he reached up trying to grip on to the next hand hold but it was a loose rock and he lost his balanced and fell back his body scaping against the mountain side as he tried slow down the rate of his fall.

"Neji" Yuki shouted out.

Then a fluttering sound swooped down and Yuki grabbed Neji around his body, she had white wings that jutted out from her back and her wings flapped and went up and she placed them by the ledge near the hollow. They sat there for a moment. Neji was scratched up blood began to trickle from them. Yuki began to huff, "You made me worry there for a moment, I glad I was able to catch you in time" she smiled weakly at him. She pulled out bandages from her pocket. Neji felt suprised he sat there staring at her. She shyly looked at him and said "Here" she leaned forward wrapping The bandages round his scratched arms. Neji looked down at her, her wings trailing behind her he looked at her back the wing looked real and came out near the near her shoulders.

"What are you?" Neji said in a confused voice.