Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Stuck on You ❯ Our little secret ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"What are you?" Neji said in a confused voice.

"Oh, nothing special I guess you could say I'm Aquavis or Aquavi" she said smiling but shuddered a little.

"It's a water bird demon that specializes in water techique jutsu. I told you before that the villagers hated my mother she was a full pledge demon, I'm only half."

"You're a demon?" Neji asked.

"Um yes sort of" Yuki said.

"What do mean sort of?" Neji had a small hint of irritation because she was prolonging her answers, his silver eyes looking at her.

"Even though my mother looks human her real form she has big bird talons she resembles alot like a harpie but has six white feathered wings, her hair changes to a blond color and has silver skin. I only got some of the demon traits. She sat still and concentrated and claws grew out of her hands and feet, her hair began to grow longer and turn a blond color. You see."

Neji's head started to spin it was to much information for him to take at a time. First she collaspes behind his house, then she says her family died and people were after her, now this?

He looked over her carefully. Her hair now blond was long and trailing behind her back. The claws on her hands and feet were pointy at the tips and a white color. Her wings behind her, not much had changed besides theses things but
she still looked human.

"I'm only a half breed as many people call it or angel breed" she trailed off as she speaked her back facing him.

"Did your father know that your mother was a demon?" Neji asked keeping his distance from her.

"um ...yes he did, but that didn't bother him. He married her anyways."

"Sort of an unuasual situation, my father was supposed to kill her when he accepted a mission from hidden mist village but instead he let her live after a long demon hunt. They both knew it would go against their own rules when they got married. I don't know much of why and but I guess they had their reasons."

"And then they had me. The half breed demon daughter that most villagers see as a mistake even though a few were actually nice to me"

"My mother and I might have been demons but still that didn't mean that we were less than people" she said in a hard and angry voice but it broke at the end showing the hint that she was going to fall apart. Her shoulders began to shake, Neji now realizing she was right sat closer to her, he looked at her, silent tears leaked near the corners of the eyes, streaming down her cheeks. She wiped them with the back of her hand, and tried to stop the tears but even more tears ran down. She didn't even make a wimper or groan of sadness but stayed like that for a minute or two.

"Even though she may be crying she's so pretty like that, What am I thinking? no it's not good that she's crying, what's wrong with me?" he thought. He shook the idea out of his head. He really wanted to help Yuki feel better, but for some reason her tears, made him loosen up from the inside.

"I hate this, why am I so weak and soft as a girl?, I hate it when I let loose and cry, no can see me as a person, it's never going to change. I promised myself six years ago when my parents died I won't cry or be a weak little girl but to let go of these feelings and never turn back and just protect my father's swords as the only reason to live, I had cut my long hair and let go of dressing up so much as a girl as a sign and reminder that I won't turn back on that promise but now I did." she said sadly, her tears had stopped. She formed a fist and pounded it against the mountain top, her knuckles all red and some of her skin got broken, a little blood trickled.

"Hey don't say that, sometimes you have to set free the caged bird inside" Neji said trying to cheer her up even though he kept an emotionless face most of time.

"Besides I don't think your weak if you've lived this long on your own" he looked at her straight in the eyes his silver eyes staring through her violet voids..

"Uh thanks, but still I broke my promise" Yuki said now her voice calm.

I guess I better retrieve that sword before I decide I have no reason to live on" she continued to say.

She transformed back to her former self, her claws went back through her finger tips, her feathered wings began to shed whitefeather from wings all over, the bones of the wing structure folded up and went inside her back tiny slits stood where the wings had once were, her hair turned back to her deep red color but still her hair was still quite long and trailing behind her back. She took out a kunai she had with her, hesitated as she pulled back all the her red locks, about to cut it off to her shoulder length style.

"You sure you want to cut your hair off again?" Neji asked as he watched her.

"Yes, I'm sure, that was the old me" she said.

"Here let me do it" Neji took the kunai from her gently and he ran his fingers through her hair and began to use the edge of it cutting it back to a shoulder length, red strands of hair fell covering the the white feathers that surrounded them. After he was finished he handed the blade back to her, and they both got up. The wind blew slightly and the red and white mess lifted from the mountainside creating red and whtie streamers through the air as they entered the hollowed cave in the mountain.


Noontime

They walked back to the village. Yuki carried long old wooden with the ends of strings tied at the ends, the box slung over her shoulder. Her shoulders slouched as she walked at ease, they were going back to the Hyuuga's house. Neji walking beside her, he was still thinking about what had happen that morning.

"Yuki's a bird demon, but still she seems to look more like an angel than a demon. I thought demons were supposed to be mean and cruel, but she's different she doesn't seem to act at all like a demon, does it have to be with her being half human?" Neji thought to hinself.

"uh Neji" Yuki spoke up.

"Yes, What is it?" Neji broke away from his thoughts.

"Can we just keep this morning a secret, between the both of us?" she asked in worried voice.

"Yes, Yuki" he said in a firm voice.

They were back at the river, Yuki did her trick earlier and they walked over the river. They reached to the back of the house in about 20 minutes or so. Yuki entered her room, she placed the box with her other sword on the floor, and tuck her journal between her futon and sheets. Then she walked back to the front and left the house to Neji who was waiting for her. They were both heading to the village for lunch. Yuki walked inside a sushi bar on the side of the street, Neji followed behind her. Both of them sat on the stools waiting for their order. She looked at her brusied knuckles rubbing a little, as she was doing that she was deep in her thoughts.

"The Hyuuga's seems to be friendly enough, but still can I trust them it's not like I know much about them. I guess staying with them is ok but, still I should find out what they're actually like" her thoughts were cut off as she felt a tuck and wriggle in her back pocket. She grabbed the hand behind her and turnned around. Neji noticed Yuki's back facing him and turned around.

In front of them was a young boy around five with dirt covering short blond hair over blue eyes, he was wearing the remains of tattered blue shorts and a worn out black shirt, his feet were brown covered with more dirt.

"Ha catcha kiddo" Yuki said in a suprised and playful voice. She snatched back the money from her pocket from the boy's tiny fingers. The boy's eyes welled up with tears, as he tried to grab the money back from Yuki.

"Please give that back to me" the boy cried out loud.

"I'm the one who should be saying that" Yuki responded.

Neji watching the situation sat there wondering what she would do. If it were him he would've scolded the boy and look straight at him with his icy cold glare.

"I need that money to get food" he responded still crying.

"If you needed some money why didn't you try asking me first?" she asked in a kind voice.

"No one wants to give money to a kid like me, a beggar with no home" the boy cried even harder and sobbing now.

"I'm sorry I tried to steal your money miss" he looked up at her with his tearful face.

"No it's ok your just trying to survive on your own" She said and smiled at him.

"Doe's that mean your gonna let me have the money" he asked in a hopeful voice.

"No, but if your hungry why don't you join me?" she asked she gave him another smile but this time it showed a hint of friendliness and warmth.

"ok" the boy said as he sat beside her.

Neji watched the both of them, something inside of him had softened up it was hard to say, Yuki's kind gesture some what had intrigued him. "There's no way Yuki can actually be a demon" he thought. "Why am I thinking about this?" His face stayed in his usually calm and emotionless face.

Yuki gave the boy almost all her sushi to the boy, she rumpled his blond hair to be playful. She took off her kimono coat with the dragons and placed it over his shoulders, the boy stopped eating.

"Here you can have my coat" she said.

"Are you sure you don't need it?" the boy asked a little worried.

"Yes it ok, you need it more than I do" she responded.

After a few minutes he got up from his stool. He politely thanked Yuki and left. After that Yuki took the bill and paid. Even though Neji had insisted that they both split it, but she just took the bill from Neji's hands, and said "No it ok, it's the least I can do for now to thank you for yesterday and your family's hospitality. They both walked down the street and stopped at a clothe store, meeting up with Lee and Tenten.

"Why do I feel so unusal?" Neji thought to himself, "Was it Yuki's kindness that was bothering him compared to his emotionless and serious outside?"

"Hi, Neji, Yuki" Tenten said.

"Hi, Neji" Lee said. He grinned a little "So who's the cute girl you got there, is she your girl friend?"

Neji face didn't change much except a barely pink tint in his cheeks, but inside a blush was burning inside him as he tried to keep a straight face, he felt like hiting Lee on the head for saying that trying to poke fun at him. Tenten let out a small laugh even though she liked Neji alot she was a little jealous Lee had called Yuki his girlfriend. Yuki blushed a little as the word girlfriend was mentioned and looked at Neji with her violet eyes. He noticed that Lee was embarassing Yuki and that she was a little suprised at the statement.

"No, she's not my girlfriend, Lee, in fact were just buddies " he glared at Lee with his icy cold silver eyes. Getting Neji Hyuuga wasn't a nice sight, veins near his eyes bulged with his light silver eyes looking at you, he looked pretty scary even though he usually kept a straight face barely changing his facial structure.

"Well sorry Neji, I just kidding around" Lee said a little annoyed that Neji got that easily angry at the statement.

Neji loosened up.

"So where'd she come from?" Lee asked showing a little interest in Yuki. He winked at her with his round black eyes.

"My family found her collasped behind our house, and she staying until her wounds heal or longer" Neji responded.

"Why are you here in the village?" Lee asked him another question.

"She needed new clothes and a job" He reponded.

"C'mon Yuki" Tenten grabbed Yuki's arm as she dragged her into the clothes store, with the two boys following the both of them. Lee and Neji sat on benches inside as they followed and waited for the both of them to come back from each department they went to.

First Yuki and Tenten stopped into the shoe section of the store and she tried on black lace up boots with metal studs stuck on the strap on both boots near the ankles. Tenten then walked her into the girl's clothes department, Tenten trying her hardest to get Yuki to let go of her boyish appearance. Yuki picked out a five jeans and military pants and some black t-shirts and tank tops and a black over coat and kendo uniform, this was to Tenten's most dissaproval.

"C'mon Yuki loosen up, why don't you try wearing some girly clothes" Tenten said to Yuki trying to be friendly.

"I don't know about that" Yuki said in an unsure voice.

"Here go on inside and try on this" Tenten pushed her in handing her a bundle of clothing.

The first outfit Yuki worn was a short violet strapless top that reached a little above her stomach, a black shirt made of see through material went over it, and she worn a jean skirt that reached her knees.

"Yuki that outfiit really looks great on you, Why don't you show Lee and Neji?" Tenten asked.

"Um no thanks" Yuki responded.

"Comon she grabbed Yuki by the arm.

"Please don't make me go show them she begging a little" But it was two late they were already behind them.

"Lee, Neji, What do you think of this outfit she pushed Yuki in front of them. They both looked up at her, Lee gave her a thumbs up while Neji let out um huh sound meaning it was nice. The second outfit Yuki worn was a Maroon color kimono with white flower blossoms, a white obi sash tied in a bow at the back. This time Tenten hurried her to Lee and Neji again. This time as Tenten pushed Yuki forward she tripped in the kimono and landed on top of Neji on the floor of the shop, and landed with an oof. Yuki's front was on top of him while the same for him but Yuki's face was an inch above his own they were both facing each other. Her voilet eyes looking straight into his silver eyes, her face blushed madly in front of him, it almost looked like Yuki had kissed Neji.

"I'm so sorry Neji" Yuki said.

"It's ok, you just slipped" Neji said he kept an unfased look on. He didn't mind her on top since she was light, so it didn't really hurt having her fall on top. But what bothered him was that he liked her on top of him and seeing her blushing in front of him. "What's the matter with me today?" Neji asked himself. He shifted them both on their sides with his arms wrapped around her and he got up and helped Yuki on her feet. Lee and Tenten stood in silence after what had just happened.

"Damn it" Tenten thought to herself, "I really wished that was me on top of him" she was a little bit annoyed that Yuki usually ended up in close contact with Neji.

Yuki changed out of the kimono in the fitting room and paid for her clothes on the counter. Everyone walked out of the store, heading back to the Hyuuga home but on the way home Yuki picked up a flyer on a table and looked at it as they walked. It was a flyer for a sword fighting contest against a undefeated swordmaster looking for a worthy opponent, the prize was 1,000,000 dollars if you won against him but it was only opened to boys and men. With that kind of money Yuki thought she could live off it a while but I'm not a boy, then an idea popped into her mind maybe she could disguise herself as a boy. She folded the flyer and put it in her pocket, not letting the others see it.