Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Stuck on You ❯ A battle between two girls ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The next day

Yuki opened up her eyes to early morning. She looked up at the clock on the wall it was six in the morning. Silently she got dressed in a black tank top, loose jeans, and her lace up boots. Then she wandered off in the corner of her room picking up her two swords. She opened up the the window in her room and climbed out making sure she wouldn't wake up Neji up stairs and the others. Shortly after she found herself facing in the direction of the forest and started walking towards it, back to where the river was from yesterday.

Kneeling before the water she made hand seals and made a small frozen patch for her in the middle of the running river. She leapt into the middle and sat still thinking. It was one of the few times where she actually had time to herself and do work on honing her sword skills and jutsu.

"Ever since I arrived at the Hyuuga's I had nothing much to do but stay around the village and watch the Hyuuga's and their friends come over."

"I gonna get back at Tenten some how for making me fall on top of Neji, it was so embarassing, everyone in the shop stared at the both of us."

"Then again she's pretty nice, she did lend me her clothes and helped me go clothes shopping."

"Plus can I really trust Neji with my secret? I barely know him but still he and his family brought me into their home even though I'm a complete stranger. I guess I better try to get to know the Hyuuga's and maybe their friends. Neji's ok, lets see he looks like around my age 13 or 14, 2 inches taller than me which makes him 5'2, long black hair that reaches to his sides tied back in a low tail, pale silver eyes that seems to look straight through everything, a white or pale complexion. He never speaks much of himself and shows almost or little emotion, it's like he took a vowel of silence and doesn't want to talk about anything that envolves his past. Then again I don't talk much about my past except the things I want to share, I don't blame him."

"But when ever I'm near him it makes me feel nervous and uneasy sometimes but his company is better than being alone by myself. He seemed to care about me when I arrived but why should he? I'm no one special to him just a stranger. Also why do I seem to blush around him? It's not like I like him? Right?"

She began to get up and set her swords down, she concentrated, her white wings started to jut out from her back, new feathers forming on them, her nails grew long and pointed, her hair grew longer to her waist and turn to a shade of blonde. Her hand dipped into the water and lifted it up to reveal a orbed water sphere in her palm, she never really used this form except at night time when she was alone or in danger, what she liked about it was that she was able to manipulate the water more easily and freely without extracting to much chakra through her body. Then slowly she walked out over the water exerting chakra through her feet and stood there. Raising the blue crystal sphere she threw it up over her and flew up slicing it with her white claws, the water shattered into rain drops. She made some hand seals in mid air and blew out a stream of breath and the water froze turning into snow flakes scattering around her surroundings. The snow stuck onto to trees and the ground and sheets of solid ice formed where the snow had touched, turning the green lively forest into a dead silent lair of glassed mirrors.

After she kneeled again to grab another sphere of water this time she used her hands stretching the orb into a long oval and froze it with her breath, then she quickly sharpen a side using her claws cut off chunks of ice, the piece of ice now resembled a katana. Testing it she ran a finger across the blade a small trickle of blood rolled down on the finger. Then she flew back to the forest ground and began to smack the blade over it the blade stayed unscratched. She swung the blade at untouched bushes and long grass, strands of green flew into the air. Not paying attention to the time she got carried away and began to work on her stance work and sword attacks, making her forget she was suppose to get back before everyone woke up.

Mean while at the Hyuuga's home

A pair of silver eyes opened up, as the rays of sun shown through the window and on to his bed. His long hair was undone from his low pony tail, his hair wildly spreaded over his pillow, the Hyuuga scar was uncovered where his forhead protector was usually covering. Neji closed eyes again not wanting to get up, he pulled up his covers and turn himself away from the light. After a minute or so he sat up from this position and yawned. He ran his hand through his hair untangling knots and reach out on his night table grabbing a white band and and wrapped his hair around it, making his low pony tail. He then got up and changed out of his blue pajamas and into his usual clothing, his white baggy coat shirt and dark blue shorts. Walking down the stairs to the first floor below he stopped in front of Yuki room on the way to the kitchen.

"I wonder if she's up yet?" he asked himself.

He knocked on the door, there was no answer and he opened up the door and entered. He looked down at the floor where the futon was but all he saw were messed up covers flopped over on the futon.

"Hn where'd she go?" he thought and went to the Yuki's table seeing if she left a note, but there was none.

"She didn't leave a note?"

"She left her belongings here , so guess she'll come back but still..."

He looked around the room and noticed that the window was open.

"So she left through the window? Maybe I should go after for her" he thought he felt a little concern since Yuki was still had wounds that weren't heeled fully plus the fact that she was starved when they found her pointing out her frailty and weakness.

Hiashi, Hinata, and Hinabi came into the room, all of them wearing white bath robes.

"Did something happen Neji, where's Yuki?" Hiashi asked in a low and serious voice.

"Um I think Yuki must have went through the window somewhere" Neji said in a confused but calm voice.

"She went through the window somewhere" Hiashi repeated and raised a brow.

"Yes, I think that what she did judging by the looks of her room" Neji responded.

"I don't like the sound of that a wounded and frail girl all alone, I'm worried, Neji, Hinata can go look for her?" He said in a worried voice.

They left the room, except Neji who stayed behind to close the window. Then he walked out the back door leading to the forest guessing that Yuki might have headed that way. He activated his Byukagan eyes and searched ahead of him, he saw a glimpse of a winged figure with long blond hair near the river. He began to walk towards that direction.

Back at Yuki

Yuki stopped practicing her sword techiques and now was washing up in the river. She was tired and sat back on the patch of ice in the river, and closed her eyes. She sat that for a while until, the sound of foot steps approached her. Opening her eyes she saw that Neji was facing her, waiting for her on the dirt ground.

"What are you doing here Neji?" Yuki asked him tiredly.

"I'm the one who should be asking that" Neji said in a causal voice.

"Hiashi was worried about you, you shouldn't be wandering around by yourself" Neji also added.

"Why does it matter to Hiashi or you that I'm all alone, I'm still just a stranger right?" She said looking up at him.

"You shouldn't worry about me at all, you already have enough to worry about besides me in your life. Anyways I've been alone for six whole years wandering around from village to village."

"That maybe true but Hiashi is still taking care of you until your wounds are healed, he couldn't just leave you there behind our house in that physical state" Neji said.

"I guess your right, but what am I to you, why are you worried about me?" Yuki asked asked him.

"Um well" Neji paused not sure what to say. Yes it was true that he was slightly worried about her but he wasn't actually sure what she was to him even though she was almost a complete stranger to him. Yuki raised a brow waiting for his answer.

"Your were an injured girl behind our house, I couldn't just leave you there dying" Neji finally said at last.

"Are going to head back to our house or not, or do I need to bring you there?" he said in a calm voice. But Yuki could tell he was playing with her. She let a small laugh, "Yes I'm going back, but it's been a long time since someone was worried about me" she said.

"Her laugh and smile are so cute" Neji thought. "Wait did I just say cute?" The Hyuuga prodigy never used the word cute.

Yuki walked over the top of the water to Neji and they began to head back. They entered through the back door and into the kitchen, Hiashi was sitting at the table drinking a cup a coffee and reading his newspaper. As they came in Hiashi looked up from the paper and said

"Where have been Yuki? You made me worry" in a concerned voice.

"um... well I decided to do training outside this morning" Yuki said looking at him.

"Where exactly did you train?" he asked.

"Well out in the forest, Hiashi sir" she looked down a moment as she said that.

"I don't like the sound of that Yuki, your still injured and you went all alone, something might have happened to you" he said scolding her a little.

"Until your wounds are healed, Neji and Hinata will walk with you to places, you hear me Yuki?"

"Yes sir" Yuki said

"And also what happen to your hair?" Hiashi asked Yuki as he noticed that her hair was longer and hanging behind her back in strands reaching her sides, than her shoulder length hair.

"um...I was practicing illusionary jutsu to change my appearance and somehow instead of an illusion my hair began to grow." She said loooking at him laughing a little.

But Neji knew better it was a cover up, she had probably transformed, and forgot to cut her hair back when they got back. Neji let out a small chuckle something he rarely did, Hiashi looked up at him.

"What are you laughing at?" Hiashi asked suprised that Neji was laughing.

"It's nothing" Neji said in his normal voice, as he stopped.

Hiashi stared at Neji for a moment then at Yuki with a suspicous look in his eyes.

"Your both dismissed" Hiashi said finally.

Both them left the kithen and walked through the hall.

"What are you going to do today Yuki?" Neji asked while walking ahead.

"Um well I was going to spend the whole day training by myself, why do you ask?" Yuki responded.
"I only have three days to practice before the big tornament" she thought.

"Oh no reason just wondering, do you wanted to train with my team since your going to be left all alone because Hinata going to be gone and the rest of my family?" Neji asked trying to be nice since he couldn't just leave her all alone in his house.

"Yeah sure why not" Yuki said as a response.

"But let me get ready before we leave" she also added.

Neji went upstairs to his own room to get ready, while Yuki went to hers. She changed out of her clothes into a black t-shrit and a dark green pants worn in the military, and grabbed her swords putting them into a long skinny black bag with one strap over her right shoulder, and strapped a small tan pouch with kunais onto a loop meant for a belt around waist of her pants. She walked out into the front of the house meeting Neji, they sat down get their foot wear on. They left the front door and walked to a park in the village where Neji teammates and Gai sensei were.

"Good morning Neji, Yuki" Tenten said as they walking towards them. What's she doing here?, I thought I was going to have the whole day with Neji...aw" she thought and groaned.

"Good morning Neji, Yuki" Lee also said.

"Who the cute girl with you Neji?" Gai sensei asked.

"Just a friend, thought I could bring her along to train with us. Her name id Yuki" Neji said not really wanting to explain the whole story to him.

"Oh Yuki nice hair" Lee said and smiled striking a pose.

"Yuki what happened to your hair, it's...it's so long?" Tenten said remembering that just yesterday her dark red hair reached her shoulders now reached her sides swaying as the wind blew.

"Oh um I was working on my illusionary jutsu to change my appearance and instead of an illusion, my hair started to grow."

"Want me to style your hair?" Tenten offered as a nice gesture.

"Um no thanks I was going to cut it back to my shoulder length style" Yuki replied. She took out a kunai about to cut her hair off but a hand stopped her, it was Tenten's hand.

"Oh come on Yuki don't cut off your hair you look nice with it" Tenten said.

"Please let me style your hair just for today, then you can cut your hair" Tenten said begging her a little tugging at her hair a little.

Yuki let out a long sigh a little annoyed that Tenten wouldn't stop tugging at her hair and begging. "Fine Tenten you can style my hair, but just for today nothing more she said in an unenthusiastic voice.

"Thank you Yuki" Tenten said

"You won't regret it" She also added.

The two girl's sat on the grass, Yuki sat in front of Tenten while she played around with her hair, Neji watched the two girl's while sitting on a bench waiting for them.

Tenten hummed as she weaved her hands through Yuki's long silky locks of hair. She weaved Yuki's hair into a loose braid and tied it off with a hair band.

"There now isn't that better Yuki?" Tenten smiled with glee.

"No it isn't" Yuki pouted a little a bit angry at herself for giving in for Tenten and not keeping her promise about keeping her hair short.

"Loosen up will you Yuukk your so pretty why don't you show it off?"

"No thanks " Yuki said this time with a little annoyance.

"Exactly why not?" Tenten said and raised a brow.

"Because I said so" Yuki said.

"That's not a reason at all" Tenten replied.

"I'm sorry but I think taking care of long hair is so damn annoying I hated it and plus I really hate dressing up feminine. I'm a ninja and a swordmaster I don't have time for looks I need train and improve my skills to survive." Yuki said raising her voice a little.

Neji watched the two bicker on, but he admired Yuki's commitment to her survival and training, wondering how good Yuki was at fighting in battles, it was so unlike most kunoichis.

"Well I'm a ninja, I work hard but still I find time for looks" Tenten said deffensively.

"Everone's different Tenten, so please just let it go, please?" Yuki now said in a calmer voice.

"ok, I'm sorry that I brought it up, but still I wanna see how good your skills are" Tenten said in an apologetic voice.

"Sure, but I'm not going easy on you, so be warned" Yuki said.

They both got up and went to the battle grounds of the park, Neji, Lee, and Gai sensei followed the two girls.

Both stood 14 yards apart, waiting for Gai sensei to start the battle.

"Ready set go" Gai said.

At an instant both girls ran at top speed, Tenten grabbed out a scoll letting it stream open and bit her thumb and rubbed it against the scoll summoning kunais and weapons and threw it at Yuki trying to hit her, while Yuki took out a water element tag and slapped it and big splashes of water fell in a circle around her.

Tenten threw all her weapon towards Yuki blocking her view of Yuki.

"Did I get her?" Tenten asked herself. To her suprise all her weapons stuck in a dome of ice encircling Yuki. Earlier while Tenten had been throwing weapons at her she hadn't noticed Yuki's response but it was she made hands seals quickly and slapped it on the ground causing the water encircicling her into a dome of ice.

"What she blocked all my attacks with ice?" Tenten said in disbelief.

Yuki smacked her hands on to the ground inside and the ice shatter into a thousand pieces around her. She got up and pushed aside the ice and step out away from them.

"Common Tenten give me everything you got or is that it?" Yuki said brushing her self getting off ice flakes from her, she was trying to get Tenten ticked off so she would come at her with a murderous intent to practice a good portion of her power.

"No thats not all" Tenten said getting all serious.

This time Tenten set down two scolls and made hand seals, Yuki waited her hands preparing her two swords tucked on both sides of her ready for Tenten's attack. Tenten said Rising Twin Dragons after she was done making hands seals. The two scoll by Tenten streamed up into the air, she lept into the air to an incredible height and patted on the insides of the scolls and grabbed a kunais and more weapons and threw them at Yuki.

Neji watched the both of them trying to see Yuki's actions, he had known Tenten for at least two years and that she was good weapon mistress, he felt a little concern Yuki would get further injured. Yuki drew both sword at both sides at a split of a second and swung both swords at incredible speeds that Neji could barely make out the outlines of the swords, the edges of Yuki's blades smacked into Tenten's kunais and weapons deflecting them to the sides.

Then Tenten drew out threads attached to the weapon and baldes that were on the ground in mid air still and swung the threads heading towards Yuki. Yuki swiftly jumped into the air and swung her swords cutting all the threads attached to the weapons that Tenten was controling with, Tenten attack dropped dead to the ground.

"My attack" Tenten said surprised

"Heh" Yuki replied, and smacked Tenten in the stomach with the hilt of the sword and kicked her sending Tenten soaring into the air. Tenten yelped in terror and landed with an oof into the bushes.

"Hey that hurt" Tenten yelled in agony and anger as she sat up.

"I told you I wasn't going easy on you, this is only a small fraction of what I can do" Yuki smirked in triumph as landed on her feet on the ground. Eveyone was all surprised at Yuki and gaped at her with big white plates.

"If you had been a real enemy after my life I would have taken you at an instant, with my blades" Yuki said. She demonstrated an example smacked another water element tag making the water blobs flying straight at Tenten and she formed hands seals at incredible speed the blobs turned into minature ice katana swords and each of them landed against the tree behind Tenten barely missing her creating the outline of Tenten.

"What the Hell are you trying to do kill me?" Tenten said in a high scared voice.

"No, but do you understand my point, that I went easy on you? If it was real life or death situation I would probably would have taken your life." Yuki responded all serious the friendly face Yuki ussually kept on dissapeared. Tenten fainted into the bushes. Gai, Lee, and Neji just stared at Yuki.

"What, I'm sorry I guess I got a little carried away proving to Tenten that survivving and training is more important than than focusing on looks" Yuki said.

"You didn't have to go that far Yuki" said Gai scolding her.

"I'm sorry" Yuki said apologizing.

"Don't tell it to me, say it to Tenten" Gai yelled at her.

"Yes sir" Yuki responded.

"You didn't have to go that far Yuki" Lee also chimed in.

Neji just watched in silence suprised at Yuki's actions and how strong she was for a girl.