Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Stuck on You ❯ Just thinking about you, Yuki's empty heart. ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Neji walked to bushes where Tenten had fainted, she laid there bruised and cut from the fall. He shook Tenten slightly but she didn't move, her eyes were closed and breathed slowly. She was sleeping now, she looked tranquil, peaceful, and vulnerable. Neji kneeled down and picked up the sleeping Tenten on his back and carried her to a bench in the park. He laid her their and sat on the edge the bench waiting for Tenten to wake up. Observing her, he noticed how tiny she was and had a light pale complexion and dark chocolate hair tied into two buns. Her hair looked so shiny and smooth even though her hair was tied back in two buns. He lifted her head onto his lap to rest her head on, as her hair rubbed his knee it tickled him a little it felt so smooth. Just recently she had a girl's night out with Ino and Sakura but it seemed like Tenten was spending a little time on her looks, it must have been something they both said to her that convinced her. Because usually her hair wasn't as glossy as before.

"She looks so helpless and weak sleeping here, it's so adorable" Neji thought.

"No not adorable I meant helpless, yes helpless."

"Of the past two years I've known her, she been training everyday with Lee and me, I know a little about her but is our friendship that close? I've watched her practice throwing shrukiens and kunais at targets, but everytime she nevers misses her targets. She's also been given the title of Weapon Mistress because of her expertise of using weapons and her perfect target hitting skills. Even though she may not be able to perform high levels of ninjutsu or as strong Lee or me in strength she has this title because of her hard work and it isn't like a bloodline limit of special ninjutsu or traits passed on like my byakugan eyes, it's just a basic skill that has been mastered by her after so much training."

"It's sort of interesting that she made it this far with high weapon skills but low or basic level ninjutsu skills. But on the other hand it is even more interesting that Lee graduated from the ninja academy with no talent of performing ninjutsu but taijutsu a type of close combat fighting. I first laughed at Lee when our team first met each other and we were sharing our dreams, well actually Lee and Tenten's dreams, I didn't bother telling them mine. When Lee shared with us that he wanted to become an excellent ninja even though he had no ninjutsu skills I laughed thinking it was utterly hopeless for him because back then I thought people's faith was determined when they were born and what's the point of being called a ninja if you could perform ninjutsu skills? I didn't laugh at Tenten's dream of becoming a great Kunoichi or next Tsunade maybe because I thought she was capable of becoming a better ninja than Lee could ever be. Even though I hate to admit it now they are becoming excellent ninjas even though Lee can't perform any ninjutsu and Tenten can only perform basic low level ninjutsu from the school academy."

Neji broke away from his thoughts as Tenten opened her eyes and now was awake.

"Neji why is my head on your lap?" Tenten was a little suprised because she was looking straight into Neji's face plus he never did anything like this before except lean her against a tree and watch over her if she was unconsious or tired. But resting her head on his lap was a different story.

"Well I thought since you got hurt badly with Yuki and were sleeping I thought the least I could do is give you something to rest your head on instead of the bench" Neji said in his usual voice.

"That nice of you Neji, thank you" Tenten said and smiled to show her appreciation.

Tenten tried to get off of Neji and stand up but her bruises and cut were bother her.

"Ow that hurts" as she tried to stand up.

"Why don't you sit back down again?" Neji said. "Why does my voice always sound so cold all the time?" Neji thought. He wanted to show a little hint of concern in his voice but it failed. Tenten sat back next to him.

"So what have you been doing while I was sleeping?" Tenten asked.

"Just thinking that's all" Neji answered back.

"Thinking about what?" Tenten asked him again.

"When we all met as a team" he answered again.

"Why were you thinking about that Neji?" She asked.

"Oh no reason" Neji replied.

"Ever since Yuki arrived it seems like I've been slacking off on training" Neji said.

"Yeah me too" Tenten said.

"I'm sorry I can't spar with you today since Yuki beat me up pretty good. It's not to bad as when Temari fought me in the Chuuin exam but she's one tough girl" Tenten said.

Just then Yuki was walking towards them and they stopped talking. Yuki stopped in front of Tenten.

"I'm sorry that I beat you up badly Tenten" Yuki said apologetically.

"This isn't the first time I've been hurt badly, Yuki" Tenten said.

"But Yuki what were you trying to do kill me? I'm not your enemy. And like how strong are you?" Tenten said again.

"I'm sorry, usually it's hard to hold back when I start a battle with someone I guess I'm used to not holding back when I've been running away for so many years. To answer your second question well I'm not sure." Yuki replied.

"What do you mean your not sure?" Tenten asked again a little confused.

"You did went to a ninja academy in Hidden Mist Village, right?" Tenten said again but there was a small silence surrounding them.

"You didn't go to an academy did you, Yuki" Tenten realized by the silence that surrounded them a moment ago.

"Well not all kids go to an academy in my old village some stayed home and were taught by their parents because they didn't have much money to pay for them to be taught there or the parents wanted to pass down their own ninjutsu skills to their kids. It was a little of both for my situation, so usually I stayed at home, each day my parents took turns teaching me their skills and the basics in the academy during a period of time when they weren't working. I only went to the academy to get evaluated on what I learned and to find out my equivalent level for a ninja status. I did pass the genin exam or final and got a headband at a young age around five. But usually my parents weren't easy on me and taught me a mix high level and low level ninjutsu, but mostly Chuuin and Jonin level." Yuki answered.

"So you might be on the same level around a Chuuin or Jonin level" Neji spoke up.

"Maybe" Yuki said.

"Oh I see" Tenten said.

"Well to bad you beat me up badly Yuki, I was going to spar with Neji today" Tenten said a little dissapointed.

"Here" Yuki said and handed Tenten a small vile of red liquid from her pouch.

"What is it Yuki?" Tenten asked a little curious and began shaking the vile around watching the red liquid swish around inside.

"It's to heal your bruises and cuts when you rub it on you" Yuki said.

"I can see that, what is it called and where did you get it?" Tenten asked again.

"Uh well it's dragon's blood" Yuki answered.

"Your just joking right there can't be dragons alive I thought dragons were only a myth" Tenten said.

"I'm not joking Tenten it is." Yuki said looking serious.

"Alright I believe you Yuki" Tenten said sarcastically. She opened up the vile and rubbed the liquid on her bruises and cuts they began to dissapear the pain that Tenten felt a moment ago went away.

"Maybe Yuki is telling the truth, if there are real demons alive, then why can't there be dragons alive? Neji thought since he knew Yuki was part demon and he saw the Kyuubi chakra in Naruto.

"I feel much better now, thank's for that liquid, Yuki" Tenten said.

Lee and Gai came over where the three were.

"Are you ok Tenten?" they both asked.

"A moment ago I was all bruised up and cut and couldn't move without feeling pain. But Yuki gave me a unusual red liquid to rub on my cuts and bruises and they all dissapeared or healed so quickly, but now I feel much better, so I can still train today." Tenten answered.

"ok well then we'll do the daily rountine together, want to join Yuki?" Gai asked.

"Uh ok, but what is your daily rountine?" Yuki wanted to know.

"Well first we all run a 100 laps around village than 500 pushups that takes three hours, target practicing for two hours, sparring for six hours, and taijutsu for three hours. Usually we start at 4am in the morning and end around 6 pm or so but today is just a special case so we'll have to take an hour off of each session so we can finish by 6pm or 7pm because right now it's 8am, but tomorrow we'll meet 4am like usual." Gai explained.

"Is every one all set?" Gai asked.

"Yes" everyone answered except Neji and Tenten groaned a little knowing like always it was going to be one long day.

At that Lee and Gai ran at an incredible speed while Neji, Tenten, and Yuki followed along. Yuki was slightly ahead of Neji and Tenten while the other two ran side by side.

"Are those two always that enegetic?" Yuki asked a little surprised that Gai and Lee were so enthusiastic about runing around and training.

"Yeah almost always" Neji and Tenten replied.


Target practicing

"Yay target practice I love this part of training besides sparring" Tenten said excited and started to get out her shrukiens and kunais. While Lee, Gai, and Neji began to hang and tape paper target circles on the trees of the park and straw dummies with circles. Yuki watched waiting for the three too finish puting up the targets, runing and doing pushups were tiring but going straight to target practicing without a break? Is Lee and Gai crazy or what, are they even human? Yuki thought since they had this unusual spurt of energy that barely went down.

"Ok were all set" Gai said.

"Since your visiting our team Yuki why don't you go first?" Gai also added.

"Uh ok sure" Yuki answered a little tired from running and doing push ups and yawned, and took out her kunais and shrukiens for her side pouch and a tube of black substance.

"Why do you need that tube of black goo? This is target practicing." Tenten said.

"You'll see, and it's called Hena" Yuki answered and scibbled symbols on her palms with the hena and blew a breath of air and scratched of the black substance off leaving a dark brown tattoo or outlines on her hand.

"Ok so where do you want me to hit Gai?" Yuki asked.

"Anywhere is fine" Gai replied.

"Ok" Yuki said and smacked her hands together straight out and water blobs flew out across and Yuki made a couple of hands seal and the blobs formed into shrukiens and kunais shaped and covered most of a circle over a dummy's heart.

"I'm sorry but I'm a little dusty on target throwing" Yuki yawned again and sat on the ground.

"Not bad Yuki" Tenten said and smirked knowing no one could beat her at target thowing because she almost never misses.

"That a different techique Yuki, I've never seen it before" Neji said but he knew her little trick it was almost the same as earlier that morning but instead of using water element tags and turning the water into katanas, Yuki had copied water summoning symbols on her hands to easily access the water and turned them into kunais and shrukiens.

"It's unique and different I'll have to admit" Lee said.

"Yes different" Gai said and nodded his head.

"Ok my turn, my turn" Tenten said a little impatient, she really liked this part of the day besides sparring. Also the fact that Yuki was drawning out alot of attention from her team instead of her, the Weapon Mistress one of the best at target throwing and weaponry. At that Tenten threw all her kunais and shrukiens each of them hitting the bullseye on all the targets.

"Perfect score as usual" Gai said and smiled at Tenten.

"Hm" Neji agreed.

"Great as usual" Lee said and gave her a thumbs up.

They spent an hour or so taking turns throwing at the targets.Then they switched to sparring with each other.

Neji stood in the middle of the lake in the park, his baggy white shirt was gone he had thrown it on the grass, water glistened on his bare chest. He waited for Tenten patiently to throw her weapons at him, a black and silver sheet rained over him, he spun in the water chakra pouring out of him, causing the weapons to reflect in all directions and the water splashed up. Neji spin was slowing down, Tenten threw shrukiens at him, he poured out chakra through his body again and the shrukiens repeled. Tenten applied chakra through her feet and ran towards him, summoning staff and swung several times at him, he dodged them all and slide kicked at Tenten's feet. Tenten lost her balance and control of chakra in her feet and fell in the lake.

"brr that cold" Tenten said as she now sat in the water, her clothes soaking wet.

"Why don't you take a break Tenten, we've been at this for at least a 3 hours" Neji said huffing a little.

"Um ok, but what about you?" Tenten asked.

"I think I'll continue on maybe with Lee" Neji answered.

Tenten walked over to the tree where Yuki leaned against her eyes closed and sat next to her. Tenten hugged her knees and looked straight across at Neji. She blushed a little, she had a huge crush on him, but hid it whenever the team was together. It had grown over the past two years making it harder for her to hide it. She turned to Yuki and looked up her blush disapeared

"Have you ever liked someone before Yuki?" Tenten asked trying to start a conversation.

"Hm" Yuki opened her eyes and looked at Tenten.

"Why are you asking?" Yuki asked.

"oh just wondering" Tenten replied and looked down again.

"Yes, for the second time right now" Yuki said she kept a straight face her eyes looking ahead as if she was in a trance.

"What was the first one like?" Tenten asked with a purk of interest.

"He was two years older than me when I was still living in Hidden Mist Village. He was tough but at the same time caring. He had dark brown hair that was spiked and black eyes. We were friends, but he dead now. I killed him" Yuki said sourly and shuddered as she mentioned killed him.

Tenten choked and looked at Yuki.

"You killed your friend?" Tenten looked shocked and stare at her in silence.

"yes, the day I ran away from the village he blocked my way when I tried to leave. He was just pretending to be my friend to try to get close to me it was all just an act. His family were in together with my father's enemies in stealing my father's greatest pieces of swords and his ice ninjutsu plus to get rid of my family." Yuki looked down at Tenten.

"He was trying to retreive the sword I ran away by any means and that included me dying. So I was stuck, it was me either dying with the rest of my family in his attempt to take it back or me fighting for my life and running away." Yuki said all serious.

"I'm sorry to hear that" Tenten said, she felt sorry she brought up the topic.

They sat in silence Yuki stared straight at the two boys sparring. Particularly at Neji and shook her head, it started to hurt near her heart, maybe it was because of the lack of love that she never felt or that emptiness in her heart that could never be filled by love of others for who she was. "Even if I'm begining to like him, I shouldn't the first time hurted me so much, anyways I'm a demon who can like a demon anyway?" she thought and the long day went on.