Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Stuck on You ❯ Neji's worried, Yuki's tornament struggle ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Two days later the morning before the tornament

Yuki came out of her room and walked to the kitchen and waited for everyone to wake up. She was dressed up in another black tee and jeans, her hair was back short. She was used to the Hyuuga home and knew where most places were and people's schedules. Above her room was Neji's, then Hinata's and Hinabi's were on the right overhead from Neji's after the bathroom. Hiashi's room was across from the three kids. But most of the second floor was a long hollow rectangle with tile roofs, in the middle of the hollow was a courtyard where Hiashi and his daughters and nepthew sparred and practiced. But the second floor held all of the main branch family members and a few bathrooms. While the first floor more bathrooms, a dining hall, Hiashi's office, Meeting room for family members, a second set of stairs across from the first that led up near Hiashi's room, six guest rooms, five rooms for the servants, a living room/tea room, and four giant sauna rooms. The house a few feet away belonged to the branch family members, but they only met with the main branch only if there was a meeting or family problem or a special day (but Neji got moved to live with the main branch).

Today Yuki decided to test out her genjutsu techiques to change her appearance while she was out to buy some food and flowers to make offerings to her parent's pictures she rarely did it except the day her family died and for special occasions, this late afternoon was the tornament so she thought it would count as a special day. But anyways she spent a 15 minutes a day looking at her family photos, and remembering about her old life, while she was at the Hyuuga's she closed the door to her room and sat in front of the table of the pictures and talked to them as though they were still alive.

It was still early but Neji was already he had left before 4 o'clock that morning to train with his team. So that left her this morning with Hinata, since she couldn't really leave the house by herself until her wounds were fully healed. Even though her cuts had scabbed over. She wasn't exactly looking forward to spending the morning with Hinata. Hinata was nice and all to her during the whole time she stayed, dropping by her room after dinner to check up, but it was her nervous habit of her stuttering sometimes that annoyed Yuki. Most of the time Yuki understood what she said even though her voice was low, but besides that Hinata was easy to get along with, though Hinata seemed like one who thought little of herself.

Yuki made her hand seals and appeared as a boy around 16 years and 5'6 ft. she now had spiked silver hair with thin streaks of black running near the roots of her hair, her eyes now black, dressed up in a black long sleeve shirt that bottomed up, a few buttons were undone near the top revealing white bandages near the top, the sleeves were rolled up to the elbows, and below wore black loose jeans, a small glass crystal with a red center hung around her neck(actually she wears all the time but no one notices it). While she was waiting for Hinata she practiced speaking, until she perfected her voice coming out a smooth, deep, and friendly.

Hinata entered the room still sleepy eye but dressed in her usual clothes, her white hooded jacket with flames on the side of the shoulder and her dark blue pants. Her eyes still tired so she didn't noticed the person waiting at the kitchen and walked towards the cabinets.

"Good morning" Yuki said with her new voice.

"O... oh... g good morning sir" Hinata said not paying attention that the voice that had greeted her was new. Hinata paused for a moment and turned to face the person.

"ai eee" Hinata let out a small shriek but not loud enough to wake up everyone. She got a broom leaning against the side of the wall and began to smack the new Yuki.

"Hay ow that hurts Hinata" Yuki said dropping her new voice.

"Yuu ...ki is is is that you?" Hinata stopped smacking Yuki with the broom and looked at the person.

"Yes Hinata it's me Yuki" Yuki said and made her hand seals and now transformed back to normal.

"I'm so...so sorrry Yu...ki" Hinata said now crimson red, embarrassed that she had hit the recovering girl staying at their home.

"It's ok Hinata, it my fault for scaring you with my genjutsu this early in the morning.

Hinata rummaged through the kicthen cabinets and took out two cereal bars for them.

"...Uh here" Hinata said while handing the bar to her and sat across from Yuki.

"so...what are you ...going to do today?" Hinata asked.

"Well I was wondering if you could show me a market nearby and after you can go off with your team" Yuki said.

"I...uh...don't think...my father would like...that" Hinata replied.

"I'll be fine Hinata my wounds are pretty much scabbed over" Yuki answered.

"Common lets go" Yuki said when they finished eating dragging Hinata out the front door.

"First off do you know any flower shops?" Yuki asked.

"Well...you could...go to the Yamanaka flower shop" Hinata said as they walked furher down the block where the shop was.

"Ok but wait outside I want to test my new genjutsu techique" Yuki said smiling a litttle mischivously.

"oh...uh...ok" Hinata replied and stopped by the shop wall.

Yuki made her hand seals and entered the shop as the boy that morning. As she entered a bell that hung near the door rang. Behide the counter were two girl named Ino and Sakura, Ino was the one with blond hair tied up in a pony tail with blue eyes dressed in a purple tank top with a matching skirt, while the other girl had short pink hair and green pastel eyes dressed in a red zip up dress robe with a white circle near the bottom was Sakura. Both girls stopped talking and looked up as they saw the teenage boy in the shop.

"Good morning sir, do you need help?" Ino said getting up and smiled noticing the cute guy in the shop.

"Uh yes I was wondering if you had a certain flower I'm looking" Yuki replied in her new boyish voice.

"Well can you describe it for me" Ino said now standing by Yuki.

"It's has a long green stem with red flower blossoms on either side" Yuki said.

"I think I have flowers like those" Ino said walking to the back of the shop coming back with an arm load of the flowers and placed them on the counter. Yuki walked towards the counter and stood there.

"So how many flowers do you want?" Ino asked.

"A dozen should be good" Yuki said.

"So who's the lucky person getting the flowers?" Ino asked trying to be friendly while wrapping the flowers in white paper.

"Just flowers for my parents graves" Yuki replied.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that" Ino said apologetically and handed the flowers to Yuki.

"Since that's the case I'll give you a 10% discount that'll be 15 dollars please" Ino said. Yuki placed the money in Ino hand and was about to turn.

"Come again" Ino said winking at Yuki. As Yuki exited the door she could hear the two girls giggling inside.

"Well my disguise did work well, oh shit I think the blond girl thought I was an actual boy and is now interested in me. Maybe I'll pull off as a boy in the tornament but there is a possibility someone will see through my disguise. Also how am I going to sneak off there without the Hyuuga's knowing?" she thought as she approached Hinata.


Noontime in the Hyuuga's Kitchen

"Alright after I drop off this roasted duck, rice, and rice wine in cups, I'm off I hope" it seems like most of the Hyuuga family is gone for the moment including Hiashi, only the five servants are here. Yuki walked out the kitchen carrying the tray of food towards her room. As she turned the corner she bumped into something/someone. Yuki grip loosened on the tray and someone placed a hand underneath. Yuki looked up and froze immediately.

"oh crap" Yuki thought. Apparently there was a certain Hyuuga in front of her looking straight at her with his silver eyes, his long black hair tied in a low tail and bandages that always cover his right side of arm and leg.

"oh uh hi Neji your home early" Yuki said her voice all nervous.

"I forgot to bring a lunch for my whole team it's my turn today, so I came back to pick a few things from the kitchen"

"oh I see I left an extra roasted duck on the table and rice, you can take it if you like, I hope your family doesn't mind that I used your kitchen" Yuki said.

"Thanks Yuki and what why are you carrying a tray of food?" Neji said watching her closely.

"Well their food offerings to my parents" Yuki put it simply and was trying to head back to her room.

"Want me to help you bring it in to your room?" Neji asked trying to take the tray from Yuki arms.

"Uh ok sure, I'll just pack up your lunch while your doing that" Yuki let Neji take her tray and headed back towards the kitchen. She dug through the cabinets and found four tupperware boxes and hastily put rice in all four, wrapped aluminum foil over the duck on the cooking platter. Then she found a lunch bag large enough to fit the food in and stuff it in and put in four bottled juice she found in the refrigerator and put in plastic forks and knive she found in the drawer, then zipped the lunch bag shut. She was in a hurry to get Neji out so he wouldn't find out her plans. She ran towards her room with the bag clutched in hand and entered.

"Neji your lunch is ready" Yuki said politely and stood by where Neji was sitting by the table with her family pictures with the tray by his side.

"Oh thanks Yuki" he said turning and taking the bag from her hand in a friendly voice something he rarely did.

"You better get going Neji, don't wanna make your teammates waiting" Yuki said trying to sound nice but trying to hint he needed to leave.

"Yes, I will after I sit for a little" Neji replied.

"oh uh ok" Yuki said not really sure what to do now. She sat beside Neji a little nervous and began to pick the food on the tray and place them in front of the pictures. Most of the time Yuki was transfixed on the pictures and Neji watched her side, a small tear drop roll down her cheek and she wiped it away then she began to cut herself with a kunai on her arms. He had noticed that today she was espically hasty and nervous with him, something was going on or something was bothering her.

"Where are you going?" Neji asked as Yuki got up and got her swords and opened up the window as about to leave.

"I have to go now" Yuki said turning her back to him.

"Yuki wait" Neji said and grabbed her arm and used his free hand and turn head causing her face to meet his.

"What's going on Yuki?" Neji asked but she only looked down.

"Nothing" Yuki replied weakly and was struggling to get free. But inside her heart was beginning to hurt her and staring at the pictures made her feel sad of her lonely life, she felt that there was no one there to end this loniness or give her a reason to live on.

"I know there's something bothering you, so tell me" Neji said keeping a grip around Yuki.

"I have to go now" Yuki said and forced herself from his grip and ran out of the window and left heading towards the tornament she didn't want to be late for it or tell Neji her troubled pain. Neji got up and began to head towards his team.

"I hope Yuki will be alright, I'm a little worried about her" Neji thought to himself.


At the tornament

"Next in line" a man's voice said. Yuki now in her disguise walked forward and now faced the swordmaster. In front of her stood a man around his early twenties dressed in a black and white kendo uniform with a light tan complexion and dark blue hair and red with a hint of brown eyes. They both bow and stood up and shook hands.

"Your name please" the man asked.

"Tahakashi, Kokorozashi" Yuki answered back.

"That a interesting name, my name is Suoh Kazoku" he replied.

"Lets start"

Yuki drew her sword and waited for him. They stood a mid each other. Suoh striked his sword at her and she blocked the strike as they were battling Suoh was talking softly to her.

"Your name has a intriging, it has a few meanings a goal or sense a will one holds in his heart, actions performed on behalf of another, also affection." Suoh said.

"Yes, I know" Yuki said and now striking the swordmaster.

"Your lastname and swords, are you Naginata Tahakashi's son?"

"No, I'm not" Yuki said flatly knowing he knew something about her father.

"No I guess not, I heard he had a daughter, his family in Hidden Mist Village died six years ago. But the funny thing is that there's a rumor his daughter is still a live and carrying his swords" he smirked a little as he said that.

"I don't know what your talking about" Yuki lied as she said that she stumble on the ground.

"Let go of the act girl, I can see through your illusion, your her aren't you?" Suoh said.

"But how?" Yuki said now really nervous as he approached her.


Meanwhile at team Gai

Everyone sitting against a big maple tree in the park, Gai and Lee sat on the left side while Tenten and Neji sat on right of the tree. They were about to eat lunch. Neji unpacked handing a rice box, forks, and a bottle of juice and cut the roasted duck into chunks. As everyone was settle down they began to eat. Neji was eating but his eyes were glazed over as he was worried about Yuki.

"This roasted duck tastes delicious Neji" Tenten said as she was picking up more duck.

"Yes it's tasty Neji" Lee said now gawning at the bones.

"You did a great job making lunch today" Gai said.

"Actually I didn't make the lunch Yuki did" Neji said.

"It's really good though" Lee said.

Tenten sat there looking at Neji.


Tenten POV her thoughts

"He's so hot! I can't help but stare at him all day. Sure he has a cold personality but he seems to be loosening up to the team but more with me. Despite the cold and emotionless mask he hides behind he can be nice and caring when he wants to. Like when I get exhausted from training he sometimes carries me under a tree and watches over me if I fall asleep. I've had a huge crush on him since the team first met. But lately he has been acting different like today when he came back with lunch and even now he been in this state where his eyes begin to glaze over and he seems to be deep in thought. Maybe I should ask him whats wrong? He beginning to make me worry."

"uh Neji is something bothering you?" Tenten asked.

"Why do you ask?" Neji said and now turnned his head and now was facing her.

"Well I been noticing that after you returned with lunch you've been acting strangely" Tenten said.

"Like how?" Neji asked again.

"Well your eyes being to glaze over and you seem to be in some trance" Tenten replied.

"During noon time Yuki left my home and ran off somewhere in a hurry by herself and didn't say where. And it's beginning to make me worry" Neji answered.

"oh I see" Tenten replied. "So he's been thinking about Yuki huh, Why does he care about her she just a stranger right? Lately he's been more caring towards her when she arrived. He has feelings for her doesn't he? Dammit she's drawing Neji away from me . It's making the relationship between me and him strained and twisted. This is going to make it harder for me to reveal my feelings for him and maybe competition." She thought annoyed and upset.

"What Yuki ran off somewhere and you don't know where" Lee exclaimed.

"Yes she did" Neji said.

"Maybe we should go look for her" Gai said.

"When?" Neji asked.

"Maybe now, who knows whats going happen to her" Gai answered back.


Back to Yuki

Even though it was a tornament of the swordmaster Suoh against contestants, there were many people surrounding them but they were watching a distance away so that they were unable to hear what went on between the two. But by looks of it Suoh had the upper hand. Even though she wanted to use her ninjas skills this wasn't the place but time maybe, but if she did it would loose her possible chance at winning the prize.

She hurriedly got on her feet before she could get slashed by Suoh. Slowly she distance her herself with him both striking and dodging.

"What if I win against you Suoh?" Yuki asked trying to keep calm.

"Who says your going to win girl" Suoh said very confident she was going to over power her.

"Well what if I do?" Yuki asked now angered by his response.

"If your defeat me you'll get only half of the money prize because you snuck into this tornament" he replied.

"And if I don't succeed?" Yuki said hiding her fear.

"You will hand over those swords as my prize and you become my servant and apprentice whether you like it or not" he smirked a little enjoying tormenting her.

"What am I going to do?" Yuki thought.

"If I win it's ok but do I want to lose not really sure it's going to take away my only family possiesion everyone's after but that's the thing I have close to a friend and I won't be able to stay with the Hyuuga's. Hey wait why do I want to stay with the Hyuuga's? They already have enough going on without me being their."