Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Stuck on You ❯ My True Feelings ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
recap of last chapter:

"I'll be right back" Neji said leaving the room then momentarily came back dragging in a folded up futon into the room and unfolded it by her stuff. He then laid on his stomach on his bed reading a book facing the end of the bed, while Yuki sat down on the floor opening up the packet of papers she had to fill out. Every now and then Neji looked up and read the information she wrote. Like her name, date of birth, village, job exerience, and more background information on her.
But slowly his eyes closed and soon enough he was curled up on the bed with the book by his side. Yuki smiled silently at him as she turned and notice the sleeping Hyuuga behind her. She got up quietly and went to her pile of belongings and picked up her long black coat and carefully placed it over making sure she didn't wake him up and left closing the door behind her.

She walked down back the stairs and turned left and continued walking, until she reached Hiashi's office. As she reached the door, she paused for a brief moment and began to knock on the office door.

"Come in" A reply in a deep firm voice was heard on the otherside of the door. Yuki turned the gold toned door knob and pushed the door forward, and entered the room. Before her was a white painted room, with a wooden desk before her with the head of the family sitting behind the desk looking through the piles of papers. The man glanced up from his paper work, his attention now on Yuki.

"Yuki what brings you here?" He asked.

"Um well Hiashi Sir I wanted to talk to you for moment, if that's alright." She faltered at first but continued.

"Yes that's ok, but please shut the door behind you and take a seat" He responded and waved his hand towards the empty seat in front of the desk. Closing the door behind her, she pulled out the seat and sat obediently.

"So what is it you wanted to speak to me about?" His full attention on her, she glanced down for a moment not to look directly at his demanding silver eyes that seemed to know and see through everything.

"Well earlier when I first arrived here, you did mention that I could possibly stay after my wounds healed and that I found a job."

"Yes?"

"Well today I was able to find a job, and I was wondering if I could possibly stay longer and pay you rent? If that's ok with you sir"

"Hm, Well yes you can stay in Neji's room for now but you will have to pay a rent of 300 a week and provide for your own needs besides food which will be distributed to you for free. But what is your job that you are going to be working at? And Yuki how did you get scratched up again?" He spoke noticing the newly fresh cuts and scratches on her arms and the cut up shirt with crimson blood caked over her black shirt.

"Well Hiashi Sir, I stumbled over a steep hill in the village and used my hands to protect my face while I passed jagged rocks on the side of the hill." She responded without pausing to think to make her lie sound reasonable.

"Hm..." was his response and he looked straight at her with his silver eyes, scanning her exspression for any falter or hint that the story was false. But in return Yuki kept on a straight face trying her hardest not to let her facial expession change or reveal the truth.

"Also I will be working at a swordmaster's home in the village" She added to break off his stare while handing him the packet of documents that verify her contract to her job. He reached out and took the packet and flipped through, looking at the information carefully.

"So I'll be starting work tomorrow morning"

"Alright, but do you need Neji or Hinata to walk you over to the adress?"

"No thank you Hiashi sir, I think I'll be ok by myself tomorrow"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure"

"Also tell Neji that dinner's going to be served soon and to come down." At that he handed back her papers and continued on with his own paper work. Yuki turned around and left shutting the door quietly. Back up the stairs she went and entered the sleeping Hyuuga's room. Neji was still asleep, she walked slowly across the room to his bed and stared at the the Hyuuga.

"Neji looks so different when he's asleep. He's so calm, relaxed, and peaceful, it's not like when he awake. Apparently when he's awake he all tense, focused, and seems sort of cold hearted at times. It's a pity I have to wake him up though." She thought and was about to wake him up but paused to listen as he spoke in his sleep.

"Tenten I'm so sorry, But it's to late your..." Neji spoke loudly but was interrupted by Yuki shaking him slightly on the bed. His silver eyes opened up but they were still blurry, rubbing an eye he looked up to see Yuki.

"Yuki?" He asked.

"Um Hiashi wanted me to tell you dinner's going to be ready soon, so you better head down, ok?"

"Ok, I'll be down there in a minute" he let out a long sigh and sat up rubbing his temples. Getting off, the bed creaked as his weight left, he turned heading out the door but stopped at the doorway, noticing that the Yuki was sitting on her floor not filing out the door behind him.

"Aren't you going to dinner?" He asked.

"Um no thanks, I think I'll stay upstairs"

"Common Yuki, you should have dinner with us"

"Nah I don't want to right now, anyways doesn't your family have guests tonight?"

"Yes were having guests tonight and their staying for while"

"No I think I'll be fine, it'll make me feel out of place"

"Common your coming with me" He said and walked back pulling her along towards the dining hall below.

"Um Neji do you mind letting go were here"

"oh sorry about that" they both looked at each other and blushed a little, and Neji finally let go of her hand. Then he reached out for the two door entrance and opened one of them and pushed Yuki forward and he followed after.


Next Day

"ugh" Yuki said as she forced her eyes open, it was early morning around 4 o'clock. She got up from her futon and grabbed her clothes and went into the bathroom next door to change. When she returned Neji was already up and digging through his closet for his clothes.

"Good morning, Neji"

"Good morning, Yuki"

"Why are you awake so early Yuki?"

"My job starts in half an hour, so I'm leaving now"

"No wait I'll walk you there since you don't know the street names or village that well. Just give me a second to change." Yuki left the room and closed the door behind, and waited.

"Alright lets head out" Neji spoke while he came out and lead her out the front door and started to walk to the center of the village.

During the walk it seemed like Neji would turn his head to look at her and turn his head away. Every few moments his hand would rub against her own as they walked but Yuki didn't seem to mind. But when there was no reaction from her when his hand rubbing against her own he reached out for her hand and held it as they walked.

"So I noticed you didn't have breakfast this morning Yuki"

"Oh yeah I guess I didn't. Actually we both didn't have breakfast this morning" as she spoke her stomach grumbled.

"Your quite skinny aren't you?" Neji glanced over her noting that she still looked on the bony side after they took her in.

"I guess I am" she gave a sort of half smile.

"Hyuuga, Neji where have you been?" Just then their conversation was cut short. Both of them knew the voice well that they didn't bother to turn. The voice belonged to Tenten.

"Your late to practice too" Tenten also added in an annoyed voice.

"I'm sorry Tenten, this morning I accidently woke up late and I needed to walk Yuki to her first day of work." He replied now looked behind at Tenten.

Tenten looked down noting that Neji was holding Yuki's hand. Her mind filled with pure hate at the image before her.

"Hey let go of her hand" Tenten spoke angrily. Neji let go of her hand afterwards.

"Why are you so angry at me today?" Neji asked with calm collected voic, his face kept emotionless as usual, while raising a brow.

"Why am I angry? First of all You've been slacking off training these's day. And second of all you care more about a stranger than teammates, including myself" she pointed an accusing finger at Yuki and then stomped off with tears in her eyes.

"Wait, Tenten" Neji called after.

"um Yuki if continue up the street to the end you should end up at your work. I have to go now." Neji spoke trying to catch up to the angered kunoichi. Yuki sighed out loud and thought "what had she done? I guess Tenten doesn't like me much because of the attention Neji gives me and it seems like she holds feelings for him." She continued down the path.

As Yuki reached the end of the street, in front of her stood a small red one story home with a green tiled roof. She knocked on the front door, and waited. After a moment footsteps inside were heard from outside. Now the swordmaster Suoh stood in front of her leaning lazily against the door frame.

"So girl you decided to come"

"Apparently I had no choice Suoh, and the name's not girl it's Yuki." She thrust the documents onto him.

"Yuki huh, well your going to have to change that outfit of your and lose that attitude and be grateful. Now come inside the house." He spoke as if he was her parent nagging at her.

"Fine, I coming" She filed in behind the man into his home, towards a small room that looked like the living room. Suoh walked over to a drawer opening a compartment running his hands through the contents, while she stood a good two meters away from him.

"Since your going to work for me your going to have to wear a oppriate uniform for this job. He turned around handing a small bundle of clothes and equipment into her folded arms. "You can change in that room over there" He pointed vaguely down the hall at a room. Yuki walked into the room and changed. When she came out she was now dressed in a short light blue hakama pants that reached her knees and wore a white haori caot. On both elbows and knees strapped were red shin guards and pads, and had zori sandals on. She looked down in distaste at the shin guards and pads, they were made out of a heavy metal that pulled a small strain on her.

"So what's my first task?" She entered back into the living room.

"Here take this hatchet and go behind the house and cut wood, then call me back when your done" He handed her the hatchet and lead her to the back.


Meanwhile with Neji and Tenten

Tenten leaned against a tree in the forest sobbing at the thought that it seemed Neji cared alot for Yuki than her. Neji slowly walked over to her and kneel beside her.

"Go away Neji, I don't want to see you" she spoke between sobs.

"Don't be like that" Neji spoke softly to her.

"So you think I care about Yuki than you?" Neji asked.

"Yes, I really do all I've noticed is your attention and concern for her" she turned her tearful face to him. "Neji, when we first met, I had a crush on you for so long, but I never had the courage to tell you.

Neji paused then spoke. "Your wrong Tenten even though it looks like that, the truth is I've always had feelings for you" His usual cold looking eyes held a warmness that Tenten barely saw at all, he hugged her close. Tenten stopped at his response and hugged him back.

"Let's go, Gai's probably wondering where we are" Neji whispered in her ear and he got up breaking the embrace. Tenten wiped her tears now happy that Neji felt the same way about her towards him and followed the boy back into the village.