Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sucked Into the Naruto World ❯ Chapter 10

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Ch. 10
The group of six walked down the lonely dirt path. Several minutes had gone by before Kristin and Lexi suddenly stopped the group. The tree about four yards away rustled ever so slightly. Kristin cupped her hands around her mouth. “Alanna, I see you!” Alanna poked her head out of the foliage. “He he, you found me.” She leapt down in front of them and dusted herself off. Kristin smiled. “Are you going to join us as well?” Alanna nodded. “Of course, why wouldn't I? But this time, I've left my boyfriend behind.” This statement caused Kristin to blush. Alanna continued. “He told me he needed to train today, so I wandered off and let him be.” Lexi stepped towards them. “I hate to change the subject, but where should we start?”
Everyone grew silent for a moment. Then, Alanna spoke up. “Well now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I saw Gaara with a necklace piece.” Kristin nodded. “Yeah, and I remember Kakashi telling us that he'd given a piece to Sasuke for safe-keeping. So it's either Gaara or Sasuke that we go for first.” There were several conflicting answers that soon followed. In the end, they figured it'd be quicker to split up. Kristin, Alanna, and Lee decided to go for Sasuke, while Lexi, Nicole, Ryan, and Scott went after Gaara.
Kristin's group walked about half a mile until they finally reached Sasuke's house. Lee was about to knock on the door, when both girls noticed that Sasuke was outside. They turned their heads upwards towards the roof. Attached to it was a long metal coil stretched all the way to a tree several feet away. On the coil, walked none other than Sasuke holding a balancing stick. But perhaps the most peculiar thing of all was the fact that he was balancing a bowl of guacamole on his head.
They stood there staring until Alanna shouted up to him. “What in the world are you doing?” This caused Sasuke to jump, but remained on the coil. However, the bowl had flipped over and spilled its contents over a now-frustrated teen. He quickly wiped as much of it as he could out of his hair. He glared down at the intruders before teleporting in front of them. “What do you want!? I'm busy working on my balancing skills.” Kristin took a step forward. “We're sorry to bother you, but we came to retrieve my necklace piece that Kakashi gave you.”
Sasuke sighed. “Sorry, but I can't give it away that easily. I can sense something about it that is unusual for a normal necklace. So, I'm afraid you three will have to earn it.” Lee frowned determinedly. “I will fight you for it.” Sasuke shook his head. “Nah, in not in the mood for fighting. How about a game instead?” The three of them sighed as he pulled three plastic cups and the necklace fragment he'd been given out of nowhere. He placed the fragment under one of the cups and placed to other two right beside it. Then, he began to switch the cups quickly into different places. “Which one is it?” He asked once he'd stopped.
All three of them pointed to the one on the left. He lifted to reveal the fragment. “Good, now for level two.” He grabbed the cups and began to move them around twice as fast. “Which one now?” Both girls pointed to the center cup. Sasuke lifted the center cup; reveling the fragment again. Lee looked puzzled. “I could have sworn it was the right one.” Sasuke smirked. “You guys are good, but you'll never get this one.” The others nodded and began to concentrate.
Sasuke moved the cups at an inhuman speed, while Alanna smiled and closed her eyes. Sasuke stopped and grinned evilly. “Alright, think you know this time?” Kristin and Lee were staring blankly at the cups; they were clueless. Alanna however, was smiling as she opened her eyes. She pointed to the right cup. Sasuke face changed in an instant from evil victorious, to utter shock. “How did you know? You had your eyes closed!” Alanna merely smirked. Kristin suddenly realized what her friend had done, and smiled. “She's a sound ninja, what do you expect?”
“You lost, now surrender the fragment!” Lee demanded. Sasuke sighed as he raised the cup. But instead of the fragment, there sat a jar. “What!? Where's the fragment?” Kristin uttered. Sasuke's smile returned. “It's in the jar.” Kristin grabbed the jar and held it up to her face. “What's in here, pickled eggs?” Sasuke shook his head. “Nope, they're dude eggs. Sai generously donated them to Naruto. I guess he figured Naruto needed them. Heh, Naruto got so mad that he threw the whole jar at me. So now, you must find the fragment that's hidden inside one of the eggs. Find it, and you can have it. And by the way, the jar doesn't open. Good luck.” The three ninja looked at one another in despair.
 
 
Meanwhile…
Lexi, Ryan, Scott, and Nicole walked along the wooded path, until they were stopped by a sound. The sound was coming from behind the bushes on the other side of the path. The four of them crouched down and crept towards the bushes. They peered through as an unusual sight met their eyes. In the middle of a small clearing stood Gaara, holding a loaf of bread and nibbling on it like a squirrel. Ryan took a step forward and accidentally stepped on a fallen tree branch. `Doh!'
Gaara stopped eating and frantically looked around. (Like prey scouting for the predator) He sniffed the air (very squirrel-like) before dashing into the nearest tree. The four of them could only stare. “What the heck?” Lexi thought aloud. “Why was he acting like a squirrel?” Nicole inquired. The others shrugged as they began to advance closer. They took about five steps, but then couldn't go any further. “I can't move!” Lexi yelled as they all looked down. Around each of their feet, were mounds of rock-hard sand. Then, there came a blood-freezing laugh from up in the tree.
He poked his head out; his face a mask of evil. “I knew you fools would fall for my trap.” With that said, he teleported in front of them. “So, what do you want?” They remained silent for a moment as Nicole sprouted her dragon tail and Ryan turned his hands to dragon claws. Nicole whipped at the sand as Ryan slashed at it. Once everyone was free, Nicole spoke up. “We were wondering if maybe you had found a necklace fragment that we're looking for.” Gaara stared silently at her for a moment. “Yes, I have. But aren't that girl from the karaoke pub that was obsessed with me?”
Nicole blushed furiously and nodded. Gaara took a step towards her. He embraced her in a hug as his voice was low to the point that only Nicole could hear. “Thank you. It's nice to be loved, for once.” He released her and turned back to the others. “I do have a fragment, but you all have to do something for me first.” Ryan frowned. “Hey wait a minute, how do we know that your fragment is the one we're looking for?” Gaara reached into his pocket and pulled out a matching fragment to Kristin's necklace. “How can we help you?” Ryan said in a cheery McDonald's employee voice.
Gaara smirked; his evil face returning. “Dance.” Scott scratched his head. “What?” Gaara formed a large gun out of his sand and pointed it at the boys. “I said, DANCE!” He then began shooting at Ryan and Scott's feet. Both boys began dancing the fastest and only way they knew.
After about five minutes, the gun stopped firing. Both boys were panting heavily; they'd danced harder in those five minutes than they had in their whole lives. Lexi turned to Gaara, who appeared to be enjoying himself greatly. “So, do we get the fragment now?” Gaara turned the gun back into shapeless sand and levitated it back into his gourd. “Sure, if you can catch me.” He then jumped into the nearest tree and began hopping away. Lexi and Nicole followed suit, as Scott and Ryan stayed behind; they were too tired to run.
After a few seconds, Lexi had veered to the right as Nicole had gone slightly left. Lexi eventually caught up to Gaara and began performing some quick hand signs. “Rain dagger jutsu!” Out of her hands shot three watery knives. All three hit their mark and knocked Gaara out of the tree. He lay still as Lexi kneeled beside him. She rolled his body over to be met with a hideous monster-like face. It then disappeared in a cloud of smoke. `Darn, it was a clone.' She stood up and looked around. Suddenly, a net that was hidden under some leaves, sprung up and caught her. She sat hanging from the tree in a net. `I can't believe I fell for that.'
Nicole leapt from tree-to-tree until something caught her eye. She jumped down and walked cautiously towards a sand-covered tree. In its high branches stood Gaara. Nicole looked up at him. “I found you.” Her tone was void of humor. Gaara jumped down and walked towards her. “I wanted you to.” He took her hands in his and stared into her eyes. “Do you love me? I mean, do you actually love me? I hardly even know you.” She smiled slightly and nodded. “Of course, I can't go a few minutes without thinking about thinking about you. You're powerful, handsome, and… I just love you. It's not an obsessive thing, I promise. I just…” She was cut off as Gaara embraced her. He pressed his face to hers and began to kiss her. She turned lobster red, as she was not expecting this, but kissed him back. His strong arms held her closer as the moment seemed to last an eternity packed into several seconds.
Back at Sasuke's House
Kristin suddenly got an idea. “Hey Alanna, I know how we can get the fragment without even touching the eggs!” “How?” Kristin smiled and turned her attention to the jar. “When I say `now', I want you to break the jar with a vibration, and Lee will grab the fragment.” Alanna looked confused. “But what exactly are you going to do?” Kristin smirked. “You'll see.” She performed some hand signs and separated her hands. “Water splitting jutsu.” The water inside the jar separated to each side; along with all of the eggs. As the last egg split in half, there floated the fragment.
“Now!” Kristin yelled. Alanna flicked the jar and sent powerful vibrations through the glass. The jar broke into several pieces, while the water and the eggs stayed floating as is they were still contained in the jar. Lee then shot his hand forward and grabbed the fragment. “Victory!” Lee shouted as he handed it to Kristin. The girls hi-fived each other and turned back to Sasuke. “Hey, how did you get the fragment into one of the eggs without breaking it?” Alanna asked. Sasuke grinned. “The world may never know.”