Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Summers: Memorable Days and Unforgettable Nights ❯ Scared ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hope you enjoy. I have most of the next few chapters figured out. I can honestly tell you I don't think you'll expect it. You might even be angry with it, but oh well. Anyway, drama ensues in later chapters.
 
Speaking of chapters I'm thinking this fic won't have very many of them. I've been writing long chapters, so it's not like I'm gypping you guys. But I'm thinking maybe 6 to 8 chapters including the epilogue.
 
I'm planning on a sequel as well, by the way.
 
Disclaimer: I still don't own Naruto. From this chapter forward I'm not putting disclaimers.
 
 
Chapter Three
Scared
 
Sakura awoke slowly. She'd had the weirdest dream, and it was definitely not PG-13. She sat up in her bed and her covers fell to her thin waist. She looked down to discover that she was in a large T-shirt. She tried to remember what happened during the night but her only reward was a wave of pain.
 
She gripped her head. She stood from the bed and realized that the T-shirt and a pair of girl's boxers were all she was wearing. The dingy pale green T-shirt and grey shorts were snug but still loose enough.
 
While she stepped out of the room, still gripping her head, she was surprised to find that she was the only one that had been asleep still. She walked into the bathroom and found a glass of water and a few aspirin capsules on the counter. She downed them and then looked into the mirror.
 
Her hair was down in loose curls and the T-shirt and boxers displayed how thin she really was. They eyeliner had smudged and she looked almost like a raccoon, but had an almost sexy look to her.
 
She washed her face and reapplied the eyeliner then walked off to the room to find a pair of jean capris.
 
She grabbed a pair of jean capris that had several tears and holes in it the butt was worn and faded from extreme use. She pulled them on and grabbed a pale blue and pink baby-doll shirt. She grabbed a pink bracelet and a pair of brown flip flops. She decided to leave her hair in the curls because they still looked good.
 
She brushed her teeth and headed downstairs. It was about noon. When Sakura got downstairs she saw that Kat was curled up on the couch napping. Sakura was beginning to wonder if the girl was half cat. Kankuro was sitting on the couch next to her watching TV on mute. Sakura smiled at this.
 
She walked over to them and whispered “Where are the others?”
 
“Ino and Temari went shopping, Sasuke is out with his new friend from last night,” Kankuro shuddered at the memory of the two making out. “Naruto and Kiba are at the gym. Gaara is surfing I think.”
 
Sakura nodded and smiled then headed out the back towards the beach. She stepped out onto the sand and realized there was a lot of beach and Gaara could be anywhere. She walked to the shore and sat right at the waterline, so she wouldn't get wet.
 
She sat like that and eventually zoned out.
 
“Sakura, you're not thinking.”
 
“We shouldn't be doing this.”
 
“Sakura…”
 
Sakura came to and saw that Gaara stood in front of her. His cheeks were flushed red from the heat, or maybe from embarrassment? She half smiled at him, she couldn't remember much of what happened after they left the club, all she could remember was the kiss.
 
That wonderful kiss. He was a good kisser. Well, she was drunk so maybe things were a little fuzzy.
 
“Hey Gaara, how were the waves?” She said now fully smiling as she stood still facing him.
 
“The waves were -Sakura do you remember? Can you remember anything that happened?” He asked flustered and curious.
 
“Um…not much. I know that we…kissed, but it gets fuzzy after that. I guess…something happened that shouldn't have?”
 
Gaara scoffed and kept walking. This was important. She needed to remember, he couldn't just act like last night never happened.
 
Sakura walked up to his side staring at him. “Could you…tell me?”
 
“Hn.”
 
He started to walk faster. He didn't want to talk about it. He wanted to erase it. It was a mistake, and it was entirely his fault. He'd ruined everything. She was drunk and he knew that, he should've stopped.
 
 
AGHK
 
 
“I can't believe it. This shirt is so not worth that much money.” Ino said angrily tossing the short down.
 
“I'm tried of shopping; we've been at for hours.” Temari sighed.
 
“Speaking of going at it for hours…”
 
Temari shoved her fingers in her ears and said “Honestly Ino, he's my brother. Please don't.”
 
“I just didn't think they'd hook up so fast.”
 
“Do you think they…”
 
“No. Even if she was drunk Sakura wouldn't go all the way with someone she'd just met. But I am very sure they made out. They were so loud I think even China knows.”
 
Temari shoved her fingers back in her ears and began singing horribly off key very loud. By that time though, the girls had already left the store and were on the way to the car.
 
 
AGHK
 
 
Sakura and Gaara were sitting in the living room with Kankuro and his now awake girlfriend. Sakura was on one side of the living room in a rocking chair and Gaara was on the other side in the recliner with Kankuro and Kat in the middle on the couch. They all decided upon the Sponge bob movie. Once the movie was over Sakura and Kat stood up and both started to shout.
 
“I'm a goofy goober, yeah! You're a goofy goober, yeah! We're all goofy goobers, yeah! Goofy goofy, goober goober, yeah!” They danced around eccentrically and when they stopped they laughed loudly and went upstairs. Leaving the boys in the living room wondering about the girl's mental stability.
 
When the girls got upstairs they sat on the floor of the loft giggling. When it died down Sakura got serious.
 
“Do you know what happened between me and Gaara last night? I was…really drunk and I don't remember. But I think Gaara's upset about it. He won't talk to me about it and is acting all weird.”
 
Kat giggled and said “Yes, I know what you two did last night. You didn't bother covering it up or being quiet about it.”
 
Sakura blushed and hid behind her hair.
 
“Did we…”
 
“No. I don't think you went that far. I think everyone would've been much more disturbed if you guys did though. But I'm very sure that you both had a very good time last night. I think maybe Gaara is just worrying like he always does. He probably thinks he took advantage of you.”
 
“But he didn't, anything that happened was what I wanted to happen but was too shy to do.”
 
“Yeah, that's what liquor does. Gives you the balls to do what you want, it's just sometimes we regret what we do. Most people don't know what they want. Gaara knows that.”
 
Sakura smiled at Kat. “So…does everyone know?”
 
“Yeah…be glad you weren't up this morning. It was pretty brutal. Your friends all but attacked him. It was funny, but I felt kinda bad for him.”
 
“Ugh. I need to talk to him. Explain things.”
 
“You need to reassure him that you wanted it to happen. Otherwise he'll feel bad for the entire summer.” Kat laughed.
 
“How long have you and Kankuro been together anyway?”
 
“About 4 and a half years. Kankuro is a real flirt, but I don't mind when he flirts with other girls. I know he loves me. He would never cheat on me.”
 
Sakura recalled the way he sat there with Kat and the TV muted, respecting her nap. She smiled at how sweet it was. She pictured Gaara and herself in that position, and smiled wider.
 
“He's not most guys. So…don't hurt him.” Kat said with a half smile on her face with her head tilted to the side.
 
“I couldn't if I tried.”
 
 
AGHK
 
 
After Kat and Sakura talked for a little bit longer, Sakura went down to Gaara's room to talk to him.
 
 
She stood there for a long time, just staring at his door. She listened as the music blared through the door and coursed through the walls of the house. The songs changed until the world blurred together.
 
When Sakura blinked and came back to reality Kat was behind her, pushing her towards the door.
 
Sakura shook her head, smiled at Kat, and took a deep breath. She prepared herself for the awkward conversation that awaited her, and opened the door.
 
The lights were dark and Sakura couldn't see anything.
 
“Gaara?” She said and the music stopped with a click. Her voice seemed so quiet and it echoed in the dark abyss of the room.
 
She started to walk forward her hands waving wildly around her so she wouldn't run into something. Finally she reached the bed; she felt her way around the side and sat on the edge.
 
“Gaara.” Sakura said again. She got no response.
 
“If you don't want to talk to me that's fine, but I came here to talk to you so that's what I'm going to do.” Sakura didn't get an answer so she continued.
 
“Gaara, I know I was really drunk last night. I was stupid and kept drinking even when I knew I'd reached my limit. I didn't remember much of anything when I woke up, but I've been talking to Kat. She explained some things and I can remember a lot of what happened.” Sakura paused when she felt the bed shift then continued.
 
“I can tell that you're upset. I want you to know something. I'm not mad at you, last night was not you're fault. You didn't force me into anything. Just because I was drunk doesn't mean I wasn't conscious. I knew very well what I was doing, and I definitely wanted to do it. I just didn't remember it.” The bed shifted again and then the covers moved and Sakura could feel Gaara leave the bed.
 
The silence of the room was eerie. She could hear Gaara's feet shuffle to the wall and then the click of the light switch. She lifted her gaze from the floor when she heard the shuffling of his feet again.
 
Gaara was soon leaning against the wall across from where she sat on the bed. He was looking at her so intensely that Sakura felt a weight on her shoulders. Her breathing became thick and heavy.
 
Finally she spoke.
 
“Gaara. I like you. I feel like I've known you forever, and we just met yesterday. I like you a lot and it scares me. I don't know if you feel the same way, but I wanted you to know how I felt. I want you to know that what happened last night, is what I was wishing would happen since the moment I met you. I don't regret it, and I don't want you to, either.”
 
Sakura stood from her spot on the bed and as she turned for the door there was a hand on her side. It tugged her backwards and spun her around.
 
Gaara's hand snaked around her waist and their bodies were pressed tightly together. Their faces were close. Sakura could feel his breath on her cheeks, but they were lost in each others eyes.
 
An entire conversation spoken through the pure emotions that floated across their eyes. After a few minutes Gaara spoke quietly.
 
“I like you, too.”
 
Gaara bent down and kissed the side of her mouth. Sakura turned her head and kissed him fully on the lips. She tilted her head so that their noses wouldn't crush against each other. They kissed for seemingly endless seconds until at some point their tongues were darting around the others mouth.
 
Sakura massaged Gaara's tongue trying her best not to seem as amateur as she felt. Gaara meanwhile was running his tongue along her lips, then across every tooth. He brushed against the roof of her mouth, and then explored her cheeks. He memorized each part of her mouth, and would probably relive the kiss several times until their next one.
 
Soon the couple found themselves on Gaara's bed. Sakura maneuvered her hands between them and under his shirt. His skin was free of blemishes and almost silken in texture. Sakura heard Gaara groan as she continued to run her hands all over his upper body.
 
Gaara in turn decided to return the favor, he ran his hands under her shirt and began to caress her every muscle.
 
By the time Kat poked her head in the check on the two (it had been a few hours) they were both shirtless. Hands were freely roaming all over and the kiss was heated and passionate no longer limited to just the mouth, but the ears, neck, chest, any patch of skin available.
 
Kat coughed and the two didn't stop, obviously too preoccupied. She laughed and that got the two to freeze. Sakura lifted off of Gaara and turned her head to see Kat. She smiled and blushed madly. Kat smirked and left the room, still giggling.
 
 
AGHK
 
 
Everyone was sitting at the dinner table eating the food Temari had prepared: Kid Cuisine microwave diners. She had attempted to show Sakura up by cooking even better than she had. Her chicken currently sat in the trash can black as coal with similar taste.
 
Kat looked up at Sakura who had been staring at Gaara just seconds ago. Sakura blushed and in turn Gaara blushed.
 
“Oh come on you two. Everyone in this fucking house knows you two are hooking up. You don't have to try to hide it and get all embarrassed.” Kankuro spoke up eating his baby corn.
 
Ino and Temari nearly choked on there chicken fingers trying not to burst with laughter. Sakura looked like she wanted to shrink away and Gaara looked like he was praying with all his might to be abducted by aliens.
 
Naruto and Kiba glared at Gaara. Sasuke spoke waving his spork in the air nonchalantly. “It was one time and Sakura was far from thinking straight, I'd hardly say that counts as `hooking up'.”
 
Kat giggled at the smug looks on Kiba and Naruto's faces.
 
“Well, you wouldn't say that if you guys had been here this afternoon. I caught them shirtless and so caught up in each other that they wouldn't have noticed if the house was on fire.” Ino and Temari couldn't contain it this time and actually laughed hysterically.
 
Naruto and Kiba went back to their small portions of food, angry that they had failed to scare Gaara away from Sakura.
 
“Do you guys want to go to the movies? We could see that new movie with the creepy clown and the group that got locked in the circus.” Kankuro suggested. The group all agreed upon the movie. Everyone was so busy talking about how exciting the movie would be they didn't see Sakura's wide-eyed look and the fact that she'd stopped eating at the mention of the movie.
 
After everyone but Sakura had finished their food they all got changed. Sakura wore a brown t-shirt with a green and white striped tank-top over top. She wore jeans and converses with bracelets and a black choker.
 
Ino wore a pale purple baby-doll shirt and capris with vans. Temari wore a long-sleeved grey shirt with a purple T-shirt over top. The boys all wore T-shirts and jeans in an assortment of colors.
 
After about a half an hour the group made their way to the car that they'd take to the theater. The car was big, but still only a car so it was a tight squeeze for everyone. Kiba drove, Naruto sat in the front seat. Temari sat in the back with Ino in her lap, Gaara sat with Sakura in his lap -because since everyone knew there was no sense in hiding it anymore. Kankuro sat with Kat in his lap and Sasuke had chosen not to come because he had a date with Benni. Benni, was the guy that Sasuke had met at the bar earlier and had spent the day with.
 
Sakura was very surprised that he was still hanging around with the same guy; usually Sasuke blew through guys like tissues. She assumed it wouldn't last much longer, though.
 
After the group had situated themselves in the car they drove off to the movies. Sakura zoned out in some kind of inane effort to forget the movie she was about to go see. She really didn't like scary movies, and had intended to voice her opinion, but after everyone went on about how cool it looked and how thrilling it would be she couldn't speak up.
 
So there she sat in Gaara's lap leaning against him, his arms wrapped casually around her waist, the steady rise and fall of his chest lifting her gent- why was she complaining again?
 
As Sakura was lulled into her false sense of security she drifted to sleep.
 
She awoke with a gentle shake to her arm. They had arrived at the theater. They walked to the line and when it was their turn they ordered their tickets for “Dead Circus 2: Return of the Psychopaths”.
 
Sakura shivered at the title. Gaara, who was walking right next to Sakura, noticed her shiver and put his arm around her. She was slightly comforted until she took her seat in the theater.
 
The group chatted quietly while the pre-preview advertisements played. Soon the lights dimmed and the previews played. Sakura enjoyed the funny trailers and the friends began to choose the movies that they would see later in the summer.
 
Then The theater went completely dark and all you could hear was bone chilling laughter. Sakura jumped and lifted knees to hug her legs.
 
A clown face suddenly appeared on the screen and shouted boo. Sakura screamed as did a few others and then the movie began.
 
It was just like any other unsettling feeling. When the bar locks you into your seat on a roller coaster. When it's your turn to go down the longest waterslide in the park. When you're in your room safe under your covers with the lights out and you hear a noise in the corner.
 
Oh yes, Sakura sat in her seat shivering. She knew the impending doom that awaited her, even if it was only a movie.
 
 
AGHK
 
 
Sakura had her head buried in her legs with her arms still wound tightly around her legs. She was trying not to cry as the surround sound of the theater let her hear the cackling from every angle. Before she had shielded her eyes one of the main characters had run off into the house of mirrors.
 
Sakura knew that the girl wouldn't make it out alive. And so she'd shielded her eyes so that she wouldn't see the gore.
 
Suddenly it went silent. After a few seconds Sakura lifted her head just in time to see the clown decapitate the girl. That left only one main character: The jock.
 
Sakura glanced around her, to her left was the isle so there was no one there, and to her right was Gaara who was utterly entranced by the movie. Ino and Temari were hugging each other. Kiba and Naruto were laid-back and uninterested. Kankuro was slurping away on his drink and Kat was…giggling?!
 
There was no mistaking it; the girl was staring at the screen giggling like a school girl.
 
`What could she possibly find funny about this?' Sakura wondered. As she turned back to the screen she saw the only character left. A girl who had `disappeared' early on in the film who happened to be `the love of his life' was currently wielding a dagger pointed in his direction.
 
She was under the control of `The Puppeteer'. Sakura bit her knee as she saw him just narrowly escape her seemingly unavoidable slash. Sakura sighed when she saw the girl fall to the ground no longer under control, but as the camera flashed back to the boys face it was blank. His eyes rolled into his head and you saw that when he had jumped away from the girl he had been distracted. `Tickles the Clown' had taken the opportunity and stabbed him in the neck. Blood gushed out of the boys head and the camera began to zoom out of the circus. The credits started to roll but just as they made it mid-screen it stopped and Tickles appeared cackling “And you're next.” He continued his maniacal laugh and the screen faded to black as the credits continued to roll.
 
Gaara stood from his chair and watched the group stand and stretch. He smiled at how stupid the movie was and turned to say this to Sakura. He didn't see her standing yawning and laughing at how dumb the movie was though. He saw her curled into herself, crying.
 
He squatted down in front of her and put his hand on her shoulder. Sakura jumped and her head shot up instantly. She relaxed back into her tears when she saw it was not Tickles, but Gaara.
 
“Sakura, it was only a movie.”
 
“Easy for you to say.” Sakura huffed. Her tears had stopped but she was breathing unsteadily as an aftershock of the cry.
 
Sakura.” Gaara searched for some kind of logic that would prove that it was just a film and Tickles would not come and stab her. “Look, Tickles and all his evil buddies all live in that circus. They haunt that circus.”
 
“I know that. I did watch the freakin' movie.”
 
“Well, do you plan on going to Milwaukee and heading into The South Westerville Circus?”
 
She sniffled “No.”
 
“Then you should be safe, right?”
 
Sakura sniffled a bit more than nodded. Gaara picked her up bridal style and the group left the theater. But just as they opened the door a man dressed up as Tickles jumped in front of them.
 
Sakura immediately shoved her face into Gaara's chest and started crying.
 
As Ino walked by she jabbed a finger at the guy's chest and growled “Nice job asshole.”
 
Naruto gestured as if he would hit the guy and the obviously dressed up employee flinched and almost fell into a trashcan.
 
The group squeezed into the car a little tighter this time, so that Sakura could have more room. The entire ride back Gaara rocked her and cooed to her, whispered nice things in her ears, soothed her, wiped her tears, and kissed her forehead. By the time they got home the tears were gone and She was silently laying in his arms staring at his chest with a blank expression.
 
Everyone went to their respective rooms, tired from the long day. Gaara got the top of the stairs and Sakura tugged on his shirt. She was looking up at him with such innocent, sad, pleading eyes that he knew he couldn't refuse anything she'd ever ask of him.
 
“Gaara…can I sleep in your bed tonight? Just for tonight, I'm still kinda scared and I don't wanna be alone. I don't want to be a burden, but I would…just feel safer with you.”
 
After Sakura finished Gaara smiled and nodded then began to walk to his room.
 
When he had Sakura settled in his bed he turned off the light and got into his pajamas. This consisted of not shirt and pajama pants. Sakura changed into one of his shirts, too afraid to go into her room and change.
 
Gaara got under the covers and got comfortable then Sakura snuggled up against him. In the warmth of the moment -not just physical warmth but the warmth of comfort and the safety she felt- she relaxed.
 
After a few minutes in a half conscious goodnight she said in a sigh “I love you.” and drifted off the sleep.
 
 
Posted: August 15, 2007