Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ That Fat Head! ❯ Unexpected ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

That Fat Head!
Chapter 2:Unexpected
 
Only one day could make your beautiful world change…
 
“Class, listen up,” Umino Iruka tried to gather the attention of the class back. It was almost the time for the class to end, it would be the next fifteen minutes, so the students have already disinterested enough to pay more attention. All of them, except Hanabi.
*Puff*
Smokes appeared in front of the class. All the activity in the class stopped. The next thing happened, twenty people emerged from the smoke.
“Whew, no need to be dumbfounded, kiddo!” said Mitarashi Anko. Except her, only some Jounins that Hanabi knew. Those were Hatake Kakashi, Sarutobi Asuma, Maitou Gai, Yuuhi Kurenai, and Konohamaru's old-time guardian, Ebisu.
“Have you told them about that, Iruka-chan?” asked Anko.
“I'm about too. You guys cut my words,” explained Iruka.
“Well then, let me take it from here. HEY CLASS, LISTEN UP!” Anko clapped her hands for once, and all the class attention were gathered to her.
“That's how to gather the attention, Iruka-chan ♥…” Anko whispered teasingly before she continued to the class. The Jounins behind them could see that Iruka was blushing slightly.
“Okay kids, you know that next week y'all gonna face the final exam of this Ninjya academy thing, but before the time come, we would test you first. Tomorrow you'll have a survival exam on the Kizetsu no Mori. No need to compete with each other, because we don't count on your time. All you have to do is reach the building on the middle of the forest,” explained Anko.
Konohamaru raised his hand, gesturing that he wanted to ask a question.
“Yes, Konohamaru?”
“Do we have to do the survival exam on the forest alone?” asked Konohamaru. The rest of the class flinched (except they-know-who).
“Nah, you won't be alone, kiddo! We have already made two-man teams. Both of you have to help each other on tomorrow's exam. And the names are… Iruka-chan, where's the paper?” Anko extended her hand to Iruka, who gave the paper quickly to her.
“After I mentioned your name, you go here and sign this paper with your team-mate. Okay, for the first team is…”
Hanabi winced, she didn't pay attention anymore to Anko, at least until she has mentioned her name. `Something bad would be happen…' she thought. Her hunch has given some bad signals for she didn't know why.
“And the fifth team is Konohamaru…”
“Right away, Auntie!” Konohamaru dashed to the front of the class.
“I'm too young to be called as auntie,” Anko smacked Konohamaru's head with her fist, “Oh yeah, and his team-mate would be… Hyuuga Hanabi.”
“WHAT!?” Two different voices exclaimed at the same moment. One from a girl, one from a boy. One surprised, one more groaned.
“Yea, what's so bang about it?” asked Anko.
“W- Why should I be with her!?” Konohamaru shouted in disbelief, his voice rose.
“Hmm, actually Konohamaru… we arranged this team to be equal with each other. We paired the talented one with someone under his or her level, and Hanabi is the most talented student in this class, while you are just a natural dobe,” explained Anko.
“Actually he is not a natural dobe, Anko-san. He is just lack of discipline,” doubted Ebisu.
“Whatever, for me he is just the same,” said Anko nonchalantly.
“Anko-sensei, please could you change my team-mate? It will be better if I am with Udon or Moegi! You don't know that Hanabi! She can be worse than Godaime if she is angry!”
“Shut up, you fat head!” Hanabi kicked Konohamaru's calf, “it's me who should be sorry to be paired with you,”
“See that, Anko-sensei?” cried Konohamaru, who now was jumping in front of the class, itched by the kick. Hanabi stiffened, readying her self for a daily fight.
“Wow, nice kick Hanabi-chan! I like it,” Anko grinned, ignored a jumping Konohamaru, “anyway get off the quarrel, now would you sign this paper?”
Hanabi sighed and took the pen. She signed the paper and before she went back to her seat, she threw a `we'll-continue-this-after-class' glance at Konohamaru.
“Okay, next team is team sixth, and that would be…” Anko kept mentioning about the next teams as Hanabi retreated to her self to sit. Konohamaru walked behind her, made it so carefully so the range between them were 3 meters.
“Okay, and the ninth team that I mentioned just now is the last team,” said Anko as the bell rang. All the students went out nervously from the class while Anko and the other Jounins vanished with Ninjutsu (and Iruka vanished too, even though he was not a Jounin). The only people left in the class were Hanabi and Konohamaru. They stood there in an awkward silence.
“Ano… Hanabi-chan… let's help each other on tomorrow's exam, kay?” said Konohamaru, a bit terrified.
“Help your fat head by yourself, Konohamaru-san. No advantage I can gain if I help you,” uttered Hanabi nonchalantly.
“Hey, I'm trying nice, Hanabi-chan! We are team-mate! What made you so tense anyway!? I didn't being bad to you!”
“WHAT!? WITH THAT FAT HEAD YOU STILL DIDN'T AWAKE!? YOU TOLD ALL THE JOUNINS THERE THAT I'M SCARIER THAN TSUNADE-SAMA!" shouted Hanabi, standing five meters away from Konohamaru in the empty class.
“BUT YOU WERE THE FIRST TO KICK ME!” Konohamaru shouted back.
“THAT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE TOO IDOT TO WATCH YOUR MANNER, YOU FAT HEAD!”
“OH YEAH!? WAS KICKING A MANNER!?” Konohamaru panted, his breath was rapid. Hanabi stood silent, dumbfounded for what Konohamaru had said.
After some panting seconds, Hanabi yelled back, “FORGET IT! I'M GOING HOME!” she then ran towards the door and before she left, she glared furiously at him, “AND NEVER WISH THAT WE WILL HELP EACH OTHER TOMORROW!”
“WAIT, HANA-” too late, Hanabi have already left the class. Konohamaru sighed. He didn't mean to be like that to her. Was he too over harsh on her?
***
“Aa, Okaeri nasai. Hanabi-sama,” Shiyaku, one of the most loyal servants in Hyuuga compound greeted Hanabi as she arrived on.
Tadaima, Shiyaku. Where's Hinata-neesama? In her garden, is she?”
Hai, Hanabi-sama.”
“Is she alone?”
Iie, she is with Neji-sama by now.”
“For how many hours?” Hanabi glared silently as she heard the phrase `with Neji-sama'. Boys. Could they do not disturb her chance to be alone with her Neesama? The last time she was chatting with Hinata, Neji also came to see Hinata. Disturbing, always disturbing.
`And that Konohamaru-san is the number one,' said Hanabi mentally as she opened the door to Hinata's garden.
“Hinata-neesama!” called Hanabi.
There was a loud noise which caused by some strange sudden movements as Hanabi entered the garden. The next thing she saw, Neji has already activated his Byakugan and put him self into a Jyuuken stance, and it was too weird to exist in the Hyuuga Taijutsu. His hands spread to his left and right, while one of his feet kneeled upwards, making him looked alike a weird ballerina. Hinata has already stood in front of one of her plant; cactuses.
“Ha- Hanabi-chan!” Hinata was the first one to greet her. Her cheek glowed in bright crimson.
“What are you two doing?” asked Hanabi curiously.
“W- well… as you see, Neji-niisan is training, and… and I'm watering these plants!”
“Cactuses doesn't need water in this weather, Neesama, and Neji-niisan, don't tell me that you are practicing Maitou Gai-sensei's favourite jutsu: Asakujyaku (the Morning Peacock),” said Hanabi as she sat on the floor. Both of Neji and Hinata blushed, though Neji was slighter than her. The two of them then followed Hanabi, sat between her.
“W- well, how's the academy?” asked Hinata as she did her favourite activity with Hanabi: combing her hair.
“Worse than ever,” Hanabi grumbled.
“Why?” asked Hinata.
“Tomorrow there'll be a survival exam on Kizetsu no Mori, to test our preparation for the final exam next week.”
“Well, it won't caused much for you,” said Neji.
“It will, Neji-niisan. Because I have a team-mate for tomorrow.”
“Who?” asked Neji and Hinata in the same time.
“The loser, useless wretch, and fat headed. The one and only in the world, the almighty… Konohamaru-san. Yaay, let's give applause… clap-clap and hooray for him…” Hanabi frowned.
Neji pressed a laugh, while Hinata giggled as she put Hanabi's hair into the usual tidy pony-tail.
“Well, I think it will be okay, Hanabi-chan. You just have to try to be friendly with him,” suggested Hinata.
“No, it will never be,” Hanabi stiffened, “anyway, why do you always tie my hair into this silly ponytail, Neesama?”
“Well, I think you look cuter like that, right Neji-niisan? She could have drooled any boy she wants, especially that one…” said Hinata, her words tailed.
“Yeah, it make you different. Maybe he will notice it, Hanabi-sama,” Neji smirked as she exchanged glance at Hinata, who giggled serenely.
“Oh you two shut up! You always teasing me! Just don't act like I don't know anything!” grumbled Hanabi.
Hinata and Neji stared at each other anxiously. As if no words needed, they quickly turned the glance at Hanabi, who smirked roguishly.
“'anything' what, Hanabi!?” asked Neji and Hinata. They were really anxious and a bit terrified, as they forget the `-chan' and `-sama' on the end of Hanabi's name.
“The relationship between you two,” Hanabi grinned in a triumphant win.
“No- Nothing happened between us!” they prevented.
“Oh, just don't try to cover it, Neesama, Niisan. I often seeing Neji-niisan kissed your forehead when he arrived from his training, right?”
Hinata blushed furiously, it seemed to her if there was a hole, she would jump there and hid until the end of the world, while Neji, turned scarlet and a bit terrified.
“Oh yeah, I also know that you always call Hinata-neesama as Hinata-chan, while she calls you back as Neji-kun. Are those the affectionate way to call each other?” Hanabi continued, grinning.
“WHAT!?” they shrieked in disbelief, eyes widened in surprise.
“Yup! And not only that, I also know much more than you two could ever imagine. I know how many times you kissed Hinata-neesama's lips in this compound, Niisan? Should I mention it?”
“For heaven's sake, Hanabi-sama. Just don't tell it to Hiashi-sama, or he would kill me,” said Neji, his voice was fully begging.
“No need to tell him anyway, half of my inopportunity chances too saw you together in that `affectionate' way was accompanied by chichiue,” Hanabi smirked, she never cornered both Neji and Hinata like this before.
“For God… he must be really… mad…” Neji mumbled, his face became terrified, while Hinata bit her own lower lips.
“Don't worry, he crazily supports the relation between you two! Just as I do! We often record the two of you with the cam! You just won't believe how many tape we have!”
“Yokatta…” Neji muttered.
“Wait, Hanabi-chan… you said `record'… where are those tapes now! Oh my God! That's really embarrassing! It's private, Hanabi-chan!” said Hinata furiously, though her cheek was deeply blushing.
“Dunno, chichiue said that it hidden on his office, on the secret place. I could only watch it when chichiue lend me it,” Hanabi grinned, “anyway, why don't you marry Hinata-neesama, Neji-niisan?” asked Hanabi.
“What?” exclaimed Neji and Hinata.
“Yea, I think you two are a really perfect couple. Hinata-neesama is the best Medical Nin in Konoha and she is also the next head clan, while Neji-niisan is the best Shinobi, served directly under the command of Rokudaime. The two of you really make a bang. Just imagine how fit it will be,” said Hanabi.
“It is not that I don't want to marry her, Hanabi-sama, but you know the rules of Hyuuga,” said Neji, he stiffened in sadness.
“Earth calling to Hyuuga Neji! Where's your ear, Neji-niisan? Didn't the Rokudaime has changed the rules? Now you could marry her!” shouted Hanabi.
“But Hanabi-sama!”
“NO BUTS! Now the decision is yours, Neji-niisan! You sure didn't want too make Hinata-neesama do more waiting! Beside, chichiue might be happy to have you in the family!” Hanabi pushed Neji away from beside her, and she bolted from the garden. Threw the door as hard as she could to make the loudest noise a door could make ever.
Neji glanced at the door for some seconds, while Hinata only bowed her head. She sure wanted to marry Neji, but up until now, Neji never said a thing about marriage. Hanabi was right; she couldn't stand for anymore waiting.
“Hinata-chan,” Neji broke the silentness between them.
“Y- Yes, Neji-kun?”
“Marriage is a great idea, but… I'm sorry, but still… I couldn't marry you,”
Hinata didn't speak, for she was too surprised to do it. Instead, her eyes widened in a deep unutterable sadness.
“What I mean here is I couldn't marry you before. Now, after I hear that everything and everyone allows me too, Hinata-chan… Would you marry me?” Neji smiled and took her hand in his, kissed the back of her hand tenderly.
“Neji-kun,” Hinata cried in happiness, she buried her head on his shoulder. Neji stroked her hair lovingly.
They were never as happy as this time.
***
AN: Well, reviews please! No Flame… I'm not gonna continue this fic if there were no reviews, it's just like “trick or treat!” Mahahhah… how do you think about Hanabi anyway? My me, I couldn't stand to see all of the Hyuuga members…. They all so… PERFECT!!!! Nyaaaaaaaaah~~~~