Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ That Fat Head! ❯ The Morning Peacock ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

That Fat Head!
Manga: Naruto
Genre: Comedy/Romance/Adventure/Action
Type: Continuation
Rate: All Audience
Pairings: Hanabi-Konohamaru, Neji-Hinata, Kakashi-Kurenai, slight Anko-Iruka
Summary: The academy held it pre-academy final test, and paired the student one-one. Hyuuga Hanabi was paired with Konohamaru, the boy he disliked the most. However, is it true that Hanabi really hate him? What would Hanabi and Konohamaru do, if Kakashi and Kurenai relationship was depend on them? And what about Neji and Hinata true relationship?
 
That Fat Head!
Chapter 4: The Morning Peacock
 
Who else using small windmills and peacock feather, except him!?
 
Guided by the two scrolls that were given for them from Kakashi and Kurenai, Hanabi and Konohamaru has reached the third layer. In this pre-academy last test, there were five layers, the fifth layer was where the building is. With those two scrolls, they easily passed the first and the second layer. Only two more layer to enter the building.
“Canwes top froam ment, plis?” Konohamaru panted. He stopped on a tree branch, while Hanabi dashed in front of him.
“Why?” Hanabi stopped and went closer to him. There she saw Konohamaru's face was contorted in pain.
“I…. I could… not…” he said breathlessly.
“You okay, Konohamaru!?” Hanabi said anxiously. She patted his back, tried to ease the pain.
“It's really hurt, Hanabi-chan…” he mumbled.
“Is it your eyes??” said Hanabi. Horrible thought got into her brain. Maybe the pain where Konohamaru get from falling from the tree has ached once more. Hanabi remembered that her Oneesama ever taught that if someone fell in a sitting position, especially ass first, it would affect the nerves. Blind was the biggest risk.
“No, Hanabi-chan, it's not there, but… here…” Konohamaru pointed at her tummy innocently. Some big groans were out from it.
“You just -hungry-!?” Hanabi shouted in disbelief.
“SHH!!” Konohamaru quickly covered Hanabi's mouth with his right hand, “watch your voice or the other Jounins could hear you!” Konohamaru whispered.
“But you were saying that you're hungry in this deep contorted pain! You're just wasting my time!” Hanabi whispered furiously, she pressed her words as silent as she could.
“Yea, but hungry is something between death or alive… I'm not taking my breakfast today because I went too excited at this test, so I forgot to eat!” Konohamaru wailed.
“You Dumb! You came here with your usual fat head style, and now you say that you've passed your breakfast!? Dobe!”
“Sorry, Hanabi-chan!” Konohamaru grinned roguishly.
“Forget it, I couldn't have much from you,” Hanabi said as she take something from her waist pouch, “get this, make it quick.”
Konohamaru take a neatly wrapped grilled sandwich from Hanabi's hand. Wrinkling his forehead, he asked innocently, “what is it, Hanabi-chan?”
“It's food, you dobe!” Hanabi smacked Konohamaru's head, “eat it, and after that we'll continue the search for the next two scrolls!”
Konohamaru stared unbelievingly at Hanabi. He didn't know that Hanabi could be so could be so care for him.
“Thanks, Hanabi-chan! You are a real life safer!” Konohamaru grinned, and without anymore instructions, he opened the plastic that wrapped the sandwich, and eat it happily.
Hanabi watched their surrounding from the tree branch, making sure that nothing could be harmful while Konohamaru had his late breakfast. Sometimes, for only a second, she glanced at Konohamaru, smiled secretly for having him being so happy for the grilled sandwich.
“Great! It could be a first aid for my stomach! Taste good too! I'm sure that your Oneesama has used her cooking skills to make it for you!” said Konohamaru cheerfully.
“Actually… that's my cook,” said Hanabi slowly, she couldn't hide the tone of disappointment in her voice.
“So- sorry. Hanabi-chan! I don't know that's yours!” said Konohamaru quickly, afraid of Hanabi's sudden angriness.
“It's okay, Neesama was the one who taught me it. Anyway, it's too unbelievable for you to consider it as my cook,” said Hanabi nonchalantly, though she was still disappointed.
“It's not that, Hanabi. I like it more if you're the one who cooked it. So for the next, I could easily ask you for making me more. I'm sure you'll do that,” said Konohamaru, half blushing.
Hanabi couldn't help, but smiled in return.
“Hey, now don't be angry again, `kay?”
“Fat head,” said Hanabi, though slight crimson appeared on her cheek.
Konohamaru would smile in return, if he didn't sense that someone watched for them.
“DODGE, HANABI-CHAN!!” Konohamaru slammed his body against Hanabi, both of them fall from the tree. But before they touched the ground, Konohamaru turned their position, so he was under Hanabi, preventing her to slammed against the ground.
“Argh, this is to bad to be a dessert,” Konohamaru moaned, “you okay, Hanabi-chan?”
Hanabi pulled his head from Konohamaru's chest. Her face flaming red, Konohamaru accepted all the risk in saving her from falling first.
“Dobe! Don't do that again!” screamed Hanabi fearfully, one of her tears trailed on her cheek.
“Do what?” asked Konohamaru.
“Risking your life for saving me, you idiot! How if you got fatal wound!? You're not that strong, fat head! Don't make me feel anxious like this again!” now more tears fell down from Hanabi's eyes.
“Sorry… Hanabi…” said Konohamaru awkwardly. Truly, he didn't know what to say anymore. The fact that Hanabi was really worried for his condition is something hit him like a Gouken.
Hanabi said nothing, he rubbed her eyes roughly. She must be looked so embarrassing. She never cried in front of anybody, but her Neesama.
“Don't cry, Hanabi, sorry…” said Konohamaru again, now handing a handkerchief for her.
Hanabi almost touched the handkerchief, when Konohamaru once more slammed his body against her. The person who was watching for them before has back for action.
*Thump*
Right near Konohamaru's leg, a peacock feather was stabbed like a shuriken.
“Peacock feather?” said Konohamaru, dumbfounded for what he saw, “who did this silly thing?”
“Me, that's it!” a smoke appeared in front of Hanabi and Konohamaru. From there, Maitou Gai emerged with his favourite pose: `Nice guy!'.
Konohamaru's and Hanabi's eyes become wide in big surprise. Oh well, actually no need to be surprised anyway. No one else in Konohagakure who would use small windmill and peacock feather as shuriken, except:
“Maitou Gai, the blue beast from Konoha, is here to test you if you are strong enough to have the next guide scroll, youth!” said Gai vehemently.
Konohamaru and Hanabi jaw-dropped, followed by big sweat-drops on the back of their head.
“So you were the one who watching us,” said Hanabi.
“Yes, Hanabi-san! You two were great! Protecting and helping for each other! Especially you, Konohamaru! What you did to save her from falling from the tree was a real spirit of youth! That made me cries in happiness, like this!” Gai pointed at his own eyes beneath his super-thick brows. There, Konohamaru and Hanabi could see the dry trail of tears on the corner of his eyes.
“Th- thank you…. Sensei…” said Konohamaru, totally confused by the Jounin's weird habit.
“And that's why I decided to approach you two! It's rarely happened in this test that one of the examiners appeared by his own will! If you tell it when you arrived at the centre building, they'll give you an extra point!” said Gai happily.
“So… you will give us the scroll for free?” asked Konohamaru hopefully.
“Nope, that will not ever be,” Gai shook his head, along with his index finger, “you two have to face me first! Come on kids! SHOW ME THE POWER OF YOUTHS!”
“Aw man…” thought Hanabi and Konohamaru as they exchanged glance.
“Well, I guess there's nothing else that we could do anymore, Hanabi-chan. We have to face him, not good for letting the good chance go,” said Konohamaru.
“No probs, but watch your self from the cliff,” said Hanabi as she pointed at the nearby cliff, right beside it there was a swift small river.
“Save me then.”
“Can't swim.”
“WHAT!?” Konohamaru yelled.
“River-phobia, Konohamaru,” explained Hanabi nonchalantly.
“BUT!”
“Cut it off, Konohamaru. Our opponent is him,” said Hanabi, readying herself into a Jyuuken stance, “Listen it, I'm gonna cornered Gai-sensei near the cliff, and when he is already one step before the edge, you sneak quickly behind him, and take the scroll on his right trousers pocket,” whispered Hanabi.
“How did you know that he put the scroll there?” asked Konohamaru with the same quiet voice.
“His ass is bigger on the right,” Hanabi activated her Byakugan, “I'm ready now, Gai-sensei!”
“GREAT! THAT'S THE REAL POWER OF YOUTHS! SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!” Gai released a stance into one of his favourite jutsu, The Morning Peacock, the same stance that Hanabi saw when she caught Neji with her Neesama last day.
“HYUUGA-RYU OGI! KAITEN!” Hanabi released the chakra from all of her Tenketsus, making strong yellow atmosphere around her.
Gai protected his self with his own hands, but the Kaiten grew stronger. He was in a very unfortunate situation, the range of his body to the edge of the cliff was only some feet more.
`This is going to be dangerous, youth!' said Gai mentally. He didn't expect that he had had to face the youngest Hyuuga heir seriously. Hanabi's skills were almost the same like Neji, while her instinct nearly compared as Hinata's.
Konohamaru jumped from his place, and landed right behind Gai. He tossed Gai's right trousers pocket, and right from there, the scroll was out.
“I GOT IT, HANABI-CHAN!” exclaimed Konohamaru triumphantly.
“WHAT!?” Gai jaw-dropped, “SUCK! I HAVE UNDERESTIMATED YOU TWO!! NOW I'M GONNA BE SERIOUS!”
Gai jumped to the air, so the Kaiten has no effect against him. By only looking for one second, Gai has known the weakness of Hanabi's Kaiten. The chakra above Hanabi's head is thinner than her surroundings.
`You need more training to be equal like Neji-kun and Hinata-san, youth!!!' thought Gai as he strike down to where Hanabi was.
KURAE!!! ASAKUJYAKU: DYNAMIC ENTRY NEWEST VERSION!!!” Gai landed a kick right on Hanabi's head, unfortunately he couldn't control his power because of his `youth' emotion. Hanabi's body was tossed to the air, striking towards the river under the cliff.
“HANABI-CHAN~~~!!!!!” Konohamaru screamed in fear when he saw Hanabi was flying on the air and fell to the river. That was bad… Did he remember what Hanabi had said? She couldn't swim, so she couldn't help Konohamaru if he fell to the river, because...
River-phobia.
She couldn't even save her self.
She couldn't even move.
He couldn't think clearly anymore, the next thing he did; he jumped to the river, following Hanabi.
`I have to save her!'
***
Shine's short parody:
Hanabi: KYAAAA!!!
Shine: Catch her right there! (Points to the place where Hanabi will fall)
Konohamaru and other boys: AYE-AYE, SHINE-SAN!!! (Runs bringing a big trampoline with them)
Hanabi: (lands on the trampoline, but unfortunately her body tosses higher in the air) GYAAAAYAYYA!!!! V(ToT;;)V
Shine: OH MY GOD!!! CUT!!! RESTART THIS SCENE!!!
 
AN: Sorry about this crazy parody…. Hmm? Who is Shine? It's my pen name: Shine Nagai, literally means `A Long Death'… sounds cool, eh? Do you like my pen name? But this name actually has nothing to do with death… Shine Nagai means: Shikamaru-Sakura, HInata, NEji, NAruto, GAara, and Lee (`ee' used as `I')… they are my favourite characters! But of course:
The Numero Uno is my cutie baby, sweetie pea, softie lady, HYUUGA HINATA-CHAN!!!!
Hell yeah, let's spread our love for Hinata!!! But first hand before that: REVIEW FOR THIS CHAPTER, PLEASE!!! That's my only spirit to persuade me continuing this fic!
Bubye!