Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ That Fat Head! ❯ Completed ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

That Fat Head!
Manga: Naruto
Genre: Comedy/Romance/Adventure/Action
Type: Continuation
Rate: All Audience
Pairings: Hanabi-Konohamaru, Neji-Hinata, Kakashi-Kurenai, slight Anko-Iruka
Summary: The academy held it pre-academy final test, and paired the student one-one. Hyuuga Hanabi was paired with Konohamaru, the boy he disliked the most. However, is it true that Hanabi really hate him? What would Hanabi and Konohamaru do, if Kakashi and Kurenai relationship was depend on them? And what about Neji and Hinata true relationship?
That Fat Head!
Chapter 7: Completed
 
With you, everything seemed to be completed, though it was not perfect…
 
Hanabi walked towards the compound after she successfully passed the Academy pre-exam final test. Actually, Konohamaru have asked her to walk her home, but Hanabi resisted it. What would her Neesama and Neji-niisan say if they found them walk together? And that was not the only reason. The other thing that prevented her in receiving his offer was she is afraid to be with him alone. She was afraid if Konohamaru noticed the faint crimson on her cheek. And she was afraid if Konohamaru hated it.
And that was why she turned down his offer. She could not forget the look on his face when she said it. Seeing the look on his face was the thing that hurt her the most. It was like she had said to him that she hated him.
But Hanabi did not hate Konohamaru.
However, she did not understand about her feelings towards Konohamaru right now. She did not know whether it was hatred or likeness. Or was it love?
Hanabi felt the heat on her cheeks rose. She quickly shook her head.
`I can't be in love with him…' Hanabi said to herself. She kept walking towards the Hyuuga compound, not knowing that she already passed the gate.
“Okaeri, Hanabi-chan!” Hinata greeted her in the front door. It seemed that she was waiting for her.
“Neesama? Why are you here?” asked Hanabi, totally confused with Hinata's appearance.
“Hey, is it weird if I'm waiting for you on the front door of our house?”
“House?” Hanabi looked around her surroundings, “I've arrived already?”
“Of course you have, Hanabi. What's wrong with you?” asked Hinata curiously.
“No, nothing… Neesama…”
“Let's go to my garden, Hanabi-chan,” Hinata took Hanabi's hand in her and leaded her to the garden.
When they were on Hinata's garden, Hanabi sat on the floor, while Hinata prepared some tea for them.
“Here's your tea, Hanabi-chan. Just relax and drink it,” said Hinata as she pushed a cup of tea to Hanabi.
“Thanks, Neesama,” said Hanabi before she sipped at her tea.
“How was your pre-exam final test, Hanabi-chan?” asked Hinata after she sipped at her own tea.
“My exam? Well… everything went well. Konohamaru and I did a very good job. We are the only team that successfully made our way to the centre building,” told Hanabi.
“So, eventually you could cooperate with Konohamaru, did you?”
“Y- Yes...” as Hanabi said this, Hinata noticed that she was blushing softly.
“Seemed not only your exam went well, your relationship too,” teased Hinata.
“Hey, Neesama!” Hanabi jerked.
“You could not lie to me, Hanabi. Just tell me the whole story,” pursued Hinata.
“I'm not lying!”
“Yes, you are,”
“No, I am not!”
“Really…?”
“Well… I…”
Hinata giggled and stroked her sister's hair softly, “I knew it, Hanabi,” said Hinata.
“Knew what?”
“Your feelings,” replied Hinata slightly.
Hanabi blushed.
“Relax, Hanabi-chan. I'm your sister, so it's not weird if I knew it,” Hinata patted on Hanabi's back.
“But I never told you anything, Neesama,” said Hanabi.
“Hmm? Maybe my intuition was not bad at all,” Hinata smiled.
“You are a great observer, Neesama,” Hanabi grinned at her.
“Thanks for your compliment.”
“Well then, Neesama, since you are a good one, why don't you help me?”
“Help for what, Hanabi-chan?”
Hanabi told Hinata everything, which happened at the pre-exam final test. Everything. She told Hinata about what she felt for Konohamaru. She didn't know whether she like him, or she hate him.
“… And know what, Neesama. He's so irritating, but yet protecting. And though he usually annoys me, it feels weird when he didn't. It feels like…”
“Incomplete,” continued Hinata.
“Neesama?” Hanabi stared at Hinata. She didn't believe that Hinata could easily guess about what she felt.
“That's the same way I felt with Neji-niisan, before I realize that I love him. Though he was cold at me at most times before, there was something weird when he's not here. And I didn't know what the feeling I have for her was. Was it love, or hatred,” explained Hinata.
“And when we finally hooked up, I asked Neji-niisan about his feelings, and he said to me he felt the same. He felt incomplete when I was not with him,” Hinata continued.
“Neesama, do you still think that you are `incomplete' right now?”
“Actually, Hanabi-chan, everybody is incomplete, but with Neji I could find everything was completed. We are helping each other to stand, loving each other, and completing the incomplete parts,” said Hinata.
“And how about me, Neesama?”
“Do you feel incomplete, Hanabi?” Hinata asked her back.
“Ugh… well, I don't know…” Hanabi scratched her head awkwardly.
“I see you haven't find the right answer yet… here, let me show you the way, Hanabi-chan,” Hinata put both of her hands on Hanabi's shoulder, “now close your eyes, and relax.”
Hanabi did what she told. She closed her eyes, though she didn't know what it is used for.
“Now, Hanabi-chan, think about your ordinary days with Konohamaru in your class,” said Hinata.
Hanabi's forehead wrinkled. `That dope, he always annoying me…' she told herself as memories of Konohamaru disturbing her passed like a movie clip on her head.
“He's a total dope and fat headed, Neesama,” said Hanabi, still closing her eyes.
“Yes, I knew it,” Hinata smiled, “Now think about the moments in the academy when Konohamaru wasn't with you,” told Hinata again.
Hanabi remembered the time when their class had a test outside the academy. That time, she was paired with Nara Shikanori, and that guy was really boring. He seemed disinterest with the job that was given from Iruka. If it is not because of Hanabi, their team might be failed.
“Another lazy ass with brilliant brain,” grumbled Hanabi.
“Well, now imagine if Konohamaru was there with you,” told Hinata again.
Hanabi started to imagine. If. If Konohamaru were there, what would it be? Though Konohamaru was quite a dope, fat headed, and annoying, at least he would not give up. At least Konohamaru would there to cheer her, though his way was annoying, but indeed Hanabi enjoyed it. Being with him, having quarrel with him, it released her stress. Call it weird, but that was what she felt when she is with him.
Everything seemed to be complete when she was with him.
“There, Hanabi-chan, you could open your eyes now,” said Hinata.
Hanabi opened her eyes slowly. She saw her Neesama was smiling at her.
“Feel any difference?” asked Hinata.
Hanabi nodded her head once.
“So, it seems that you have already known about being complete and incomplete,” Hinata sipped the last liquid on her tea cup, “Can you tell me how you really feel?”
“It is weird, Neesama… You know, when I was not with him, everything seemed boring. Nothing that really makes me well… encouraged. Incomplete, we can call it. But when I am with him…” Hanabi blushed, “everything seemed fine and completed, though it was not perfect. I don't feel any losing.”
“That's the same way that Neji and I have to each other,” Hinata smiled motherly at Hanabi.
“You got a right guy, Neesama,” Hanabi smiled back.
“And now, tell me Hanabi-chan… do you love Konohamaru?” asked Hinata. Hanabi knew that she was not flirting. She only wanted to hear her confession.
“I…” Hanabi took a deep breath, “Well, I…” Hanabi looked at Hinata's eyes, as if asking for strength.
“Yes, Hanabi?”
“I do…” Hanabi blushed furiously as she said it.
Hinata smiled happily at her. She stood up from where she sat, and she helped Hanabi to stand too.
“Now take a bath, Hanabi, and don't forget to dry your hair,” Hinata pushed her softly to outside the garden.
“For what, Neesama?” Hanabi asked, totally confused.
“I helped you just now, so you have to do a favour for me in return,” Hinata smiled happily at her, “come on, take a bath, quick.”
Hanabi still didn't understand what was Hinata really wanted, but anyhow, she obeyed it.
“And wear your best clothes!” reminded Hinata before Hanabi entered her bathroom.
***
“Neesama?” Hanabi's head popped from behind the door of Hinata's garden. Their Hinata was sitting beside Neji. Hanabi frowned. She was still being irritated by Neji's presence. His hesitation in marrying Hinata.
“Konbanwa, Hanabi-sama,” Neji greeted her first when she entered Hinata's garden.
“Get away from my Neesama, Neji-niisan. A coward like you shouldn't be here,” said Hanabi sarcastically.
Neji startled for hearing what she has said, but for the next second, his face has back to normal. Beside of that, he added a thin smile on her face.
“What are you smiling for, Neji-niisan? Just wipe that disgusting smile from your face, or I'll rip it up,” threatened Hanabi.
“You haven't told it to her, Hinata-chan?” asked Neji to Hinata, ignoring a ready-to-kick-Neji's-ass Hanabi.
“I'm about to, Neji-kun…” said Hinata, blushing.
“Tell what, Neesama?” asked Hanabi curiously.
“I… and Neji-kun will hold our wedding next week… after the academy's final test…” explained Hinata, her face was blushing furiously.
“WHAT!?” exclaimed Hanabi, totally shocked.
“Yes,” Neji nodded his head, and he pulled Hinata to his embrace, “I'm sorry Hanabi-sama, but your beloved Neesama wouldn't be yours alone again, start on next week,” Neji grinned at Hanabi and kissed Hinata's cheek.
“Ne- Neji-kun… s- stop it…” Hinata blushed and did some faint efforts to release herself from Neji's embrace.
Hanabi gaped at the couple. She couldn't believe that Neji will soon be her brother in law, not cousin anymore!
“But how could it be so soon!? When did you propose Hinata-Neesama!?” asked Hanabi, still shocked.
“The next morning after you told me that no one is objecting our relationship. Actually we didn't know that the marriage is going to be so soon. Hiashi-sama became really excited about our marriage and he wanted to hold the ceremony as soon as possible. But it's okay, the faster the better. I've already grown impatient,” Neji kissed Hinata on her face again, and his lips were brushing slightly with hers.
“Ne- Neji-kun… yo- yosete…” muttered Hinata, and this time, she succeeded to release herself from Neji's hug. Blushing furiously, she approached Hanabi.
Hanabi squinted her eyes in hatred towards Neji. She knew that Neji has waited for long to show her that Hinata wasn't fully hers anymore. And now he had the opportunity, he acted like Hanabi cold not be with Hinata anymore. She has grown some kind of possessive with her Neesama, not allowing other boys to hook up with Hinata. That's why, five months ago, the Rokudaime have to give up in Hinata. Hanabi had vowed if that blonde Hokage tried to hook up with her Neesama anymore, she would spread up the news that Naruto was still using his penguin pyjamas for sleep.
But when it came to Neji, Hanabi couldn't stop it. The reason was not about Neji, but Hinata. Her Neesama seemed really enjoying her time with Neji. And seeing the look on her face, Hanabi knew that she shouldn't disturb them. And when Hiashi knew that they were hooked up, she couldn't believe that her father really supported their relationship. So, when Hinata and Neji have their time together, Hiashi and Hanabi usually sneaked to record their action.
Anyhow, Neji and Hinata seemed to have lots of difficulties. Because their relationship was a secret, they didn't have many times to be together. So, maybe Neji and Hinata have waited for long to be together in front of the public.
But now, Neji had his opportunity with Hinata. Hanabi considered herself to be happy with it, but she hated it the most if Neji was acting like now. Acting like Hinata was all his. Acting like Hanabi could not be with her anymore.
“Neji-niisan,” called Hanabi, her voice was deadly.
“Yes?” Neji released Hinata's hand from his. Hanabi was serious right now, he shouldn't be playing around.
“Hinata-Neesama, might be totally yours start on next week, Neji-niisan,” said Hanabi, looking murderous than ever, “but remember one thing…”
“What is it?” asked Neji, his body stiffened.
“Hinata-Neesama is still my beloved sister. If you ever hurt her, I promise, no- I vow to God I'll kill you!” demanded Hanabi seriously.
“Hanabi-chan,” Hinata hugged her and whispered to her ear, “Arigatou…” as she said it, a tear of happiness rolled down on her cheek.
“Neesama… I love you very much, and I don't want to see you hurt,” Hanabi comforted her.
“I promise I'll do my best to keep her happy, Hanabi-sama,” said Neji.
“Keep that on your mind,” said Hanabi seriously, “Anyway, Neesama, did you call me here just to tell me about this, and I have to wear my best dress?”
“No, it's another thing,” said Hinata as she released Hanabi from her hug.
“So what's it?”
“I wanted you to give it to Konohamaru,” Hinata gave her a beautiful card.
“What is this?” Hanabi's forehead wrinkled.
“Our wedding invitation, just give it to Konohamaru,” explained Neji.
“But, why me!?” said Hanabi, almost shouting.
“Just do it, Hanabi-chan,” said Hinata, as she leaded her to the front door.
“But, Neesama…” Hanabi pleaded, her face was blushing.
“Hanabi-chan, maybe if you meet him right now, with the different thought, you could really know that you find yourself `completed' with him. So you could know whether your feeling was hatred or likeness,” encouraged Hinata.
Hanabi sighed, but then she nodded, “Alright, I'll go,” Hanabi said as she wore her sandals.
“Ah, wait Hanabi-chan!” called Hinata right before Hanabi opened the door.
“What's it, Neesama?”
Hinata quickly approached her. She took a comb and a hair-tie from her pocket, and neatly tied Hanabi's hair into the usual ponytail.
“Neesama, what are you doing!?” Hanabi exclaimed when Hinata has done tying her hair.
“There, you are looking cuter,” said Hinata as she softly pushed Hanabi out from the house, “Itterashai, Hanabi-chan!”
Hanabi looked at her with her blushing face before she left, when she saw Hinata was smiling at her, she encouraged herself for another step to meet Konohamaru.
***
Hanabi walked; well she was not really sure whether she was walking either crawling. She felt her feet were moving slowly, but her heart beated faster than ever. She was sure if she didn't reply the Ninja calming spell before she left, she has surrendered when she walked a step outside the Hyuuga compound.
The street was dark; it seemed that the street lamps were not on, maybe broken. Only one that turned well, but the light was not so bright. She should report it to Hokage-sama sooner. But luckily, the darkness of the street could hide her blushing face.
“Damn, I hate being like this!” Hanabi cursed herself. It was really an un-Hanabi-ish for being nervous in talking with someone, well… in this case was Konohamaru.
“Ha- Hanabi-chan…?” someone greeted her nervously from behind. Hanabi was too busy with her own thoughts, so she was not aware that there's a person behind her.
“Yes, who're you?” asked Hanabi as she turned her back.
“It's me, Konohamaru,” replied Konohamaru as he scratched his head awkwardly, “Err… am I disturbing you?” he asked hesitantly.
“What for?”
“Well, you seem really mad just now, so I'm not really sure to greet you. If you feel any annoyance, I'll go now,” said Konohamaru as he readying himself to leave.
“No, not at all, you're helping me, indeed!” said Hanabi, stopping Konohamaru to leave.
“Eh? How could I?” asked Konohamaru, confused.
“Well, I'm about to go to your house,” explained Hanabi, “but finding you here was a real help, though.”
“Why did you wanna go to my house?”
“I'm going to give you this,” said Hanabi as she showed the Wedding invitation to Konohamaru.
“What's this?” Konohamaru took the card and her face showed a terrible fear.
“WEDDING INVITATION!? HANABI-CHAN, ARE YOU GONNA HAVE A WEDDING!?” exclaimed Konohamaru in his shock.
“IT'S NOT THAT, DOPE!” Hanabi smacked Konohamaru's head.
“Aw! Then whose!?” said Konohamaru, still looking quite shocked.
“My Neesama and Neji-Niisan's wedding, on next week after the academy final test,” explained Hanabi, rubbing her hand. Konohamaru's head was far way harder than she thought.
“WHAT!? HINATA-NEECHAN AND NEJI-NIISAN!?”
“Yes,” replied Hanabi calmly.
“I KNEW IT! I'VE GUESSED IT BEFORE, AND NOW I'M RIGHT! THEY ARE COUPLE!!!” Konohamaru jumped happily.
“Hey, calm down, dope!” abused Hanabi when Konohamaru slowly lost his control.
“Sorry, Hanabi-chan! I'm just happy that I'm gonna have a minidisk player from Naruto-niichan! We made a bet about it anyway…” Konohamaru grinned.
“YOU DAMN!” Hanabi smacked Konohamaru's head furiously, “What do you mean about making my Neesama as a bet target!?” shouted Hanabi.
“Gomen, Hanabi-chan!!!” Konohamaru wailed he was not daring to look Hanabi right on her face.
“Anyhow, I'll forgive it right now, but your minidisk player will be mine.”
“WHAT!?”
“Or I'll kick you too dead,” threatened Hanabi murderously.
“Oh… okay…” Konohamaru surrendered.
“Ah… well, I'm going home now,” said Hanabi when she had nothing more to say to Konohamaru. Though she was still wanted to be with him, but being there without saying things would really get her on her nerves.
“Yeah, bye!” Konohamaru waved at her, and when Hanabi walked past him, she called her off.
“Oi, Hanabi-chan.”
“What's it?” Hanabi replied as she turned back at him.
“Err… nice style, your hair I mean,” Konohamaru scratched his head awkwardly.
“Th- thanks,” Hanabi blushed, and she was about to leave again, when Konohamaru, suddenly call her for the second time.
“Ha- Hanabi-chan… I- I want to say… sorry,” said Konohamaru.
“For what?” asked Hanabi, totally confused.
“F- For… all of my foolish actions, that disturbed you, annoyed you, or hurting you mostly…” Konohamaru approached her so Hanabi could see his face lighted by the dim light of the street lamp.
“I'm really sorry, Hanabi-chan!” Konohamaru bowed at her, “All the actions I did… those were be- because… I wanted you to acknowledge me!” said Konohamaru honestly.
“You mean!?” Hanabi startled.
Konohamaru heaved a deep breath, braving himself for what he would like to say next.
“I love you for ages, Hanabi-chan! But I knew I couldn't amuse you with my Ninjya ability, so all the things I did to annoys you were the only things I thought I could!” confessed Konohamaru, who now was blushing furiously.
“Wh- What!?” Hanabi gaped at him. She watched at a bowing Konohamaru, her legs were trembling in shock.
Konohamaru, founding that Hanabi was totally shocked, not even saying anything, seemed to be aware that he had said something that really made her surprised.
“Sorry, Hanabi-chan! All the things I said just now, just forget about it! I just wanted to confess it to you! I just wanna release my heart feel!”
Hanabi still gaped at him. She could not believe that the boy she felt `complete' for was actually like her back.
“I just want to complete all my heart's feelings towards you, Hanabi-chan… you are the one that I fell complete for…” Konohamaru sighed. Seemed Hanabi didn't react for anything he had said. Hanabi might be too furious to shout at him.
`Complete' the word echoed in Hanabi's ears. The boy she liked, the same boy that annoyed her the most, but also the boy that would do anything to cheer her up.
He felt complete with her, and so did she…
“Konohamaru…” Hanabi called him.
“Y- Yes!?” Konohamaru quickly turned his head at her. There he saw Hanabi was smiling warmly at him.
Like a slow motion, Konohamaru felt a soft touch on his right cheek. Hanabi kissed him softly with her own lips. Not long enough in time, but absolutely not short to be reminded.
“Ha- Hanabi-chan…” Konohamaru gaped at her. His cheek blushing furiously, and when he saw Hanabi, he knew that Hanabi was blushing too.
“I love you too, Konohamaru…”
Konohamaru stupefied, but then he smiled back at her.
“Thank you, for letting me feel complete, Hanabi-chan.”
“Me too…”
The two of them smiled at each other, still blushing. Then Konohamaru took Hanabi's hand in his, and offered to walk her home.
From afar, Hyuuga Neji and Hyuuga Hinata were hiding near them. A camcorder was found in Neji's hand. The two of them got a good camera angle in recording the event.
Meanwhile, not far from the couple's hide, a blonde Hokage grinned mischievously.
`Another gossip for Konoha… seemed I could ask Konohamaru for a new sound system…'
The Rokudaime then left the place; a satisfaction smile appeared on his lips.
***
Owari
***
AN: Hohoho! After passing seven chapters, this story ended happily… whew, a though job for me, but at least I finished it! Hoping for your overall result of `That Fat Head!' fic! Anyhow, this cheerful fic is a payback for what I did in `The Affairs' before… well yeah, such an angsty fic… for some of you who haven't read it yet, I suggest you to check it out! It might be still exist on this site, but if you didn't find it, try to check on www.mediaminer.org/fanfic! *Hehhhe… I luv promoting my own fics!!*Ah, well… spoilers for my next fic, titled `A Long Waiting', starring NejiHina, NaruHina.
And sankyuu for reading, minna-san! Reviews waited!