Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ That Fat Head! ❯ And the Winner is... ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

That Fat Head!
Manga: Naruto
Genre: Comedy/Romance/Adventure/Action
Type: Continuation
Rate: All Audience
Pairings: Hanabi-Konohamaru, Neji-Hinata, Kakashi-Kurenai, slight Anko-Iruka
Summary: The academy held it pre-academy final test, and paired the student one-one. Hyuuga Hanabi was paired with Konohamaru, the boy he disliked the most. However, is it true that Hanabi really hate him? What would Hanabi and Konohamaru do, if Kakashi and Kurenai relationship was depend on them? And what about Neji and Hinata true relationship?
That Fat Head!
Chapter 6: And the Winner is…!
 
Two bets were too tough to do at once….
 
“KONOHAMARU, RUN QUICK!!! WE'RE REALLY LATE!!!” shouted Hanabi as she fastened her speed.
“I'M AT MY TOP SPEED, HANABI-CHAN!!!” Konohamaru shouted back.
It was near, ultimately near sunset. If it was not because of their dumbness to laugh at Ebisu's reaction, they might've reached the centre building from five minutes ago. They've got all the scrolls, they've passed all the layers, but why did they were late?
It's simple, they were laughing a bloody-nosed Ebisu.
“There it is!” Hanabi pointed at a building, circled by the forest.
“We've made it here, Hanabi-chan! Let's go!” Konohamaru grabbed Hanabi's hand and bring her with him eagerly to the building.
Hanabi and Konohamaru reached the building after running passed the forest. When they made it on the building's front door, Konohamaru hugged Hanabi with all his happiness.
“Yay! We did it! And we're not running of the time!!!”
“Y- Yes. But let go of me!!” Hanabi, blushing, pushed Konohamaru aside.
“S- sorry!” Konohamaru seemed aware that he had hugged Hanabi.
“Let's enter and report, shall we?” asked Hanabi (tried to be) nonchalantly as she opened the door.
Konohamaru followed after her. When they entered the first room, they were welcomed by the reporting desk.
“Names and team?” asked the Hagane Kotetsu, who sat on the place.
“Team Fifth, Konohamaru and Hyuuga Hanabi,” reported Hanabi.
“Can you give me the scrolls that you have, and from whom you got?” asked the Hagane again.
“Okay, Konohamaru, show him,” said Hanabi.
“Yup, here!” Konohamaru showed Hagane the first until the fourth scroll, “we got the first from Hatake Kakashi, second from Yuuhi Kurenai, third from Maitou Gai, and the last from Ebisu.”
“Great. Well done, very well done. All from the very skilled Jounins of Konoha,” praised Hagane happily as he signed the scrolls, “Well, now just sign here, and you are allowed to enter the main room,” Hagane gave them an empty paper. On the top of it, Hanabi saw the title: `Teams Who Passed the Pre-Exam, page 4'.
“There, we've done it,” Konohamaru gave Hagane the paper back after he and Hanabi had signed the paper.
“Hagane-sensei, are there any team before us who reached the building?” asked Hanabi.
“Yes, all of the teams are here. You two are the last,” replied Hagane nonchalantly.
“WHAT!?” exclaimed Hanabi and Konohamaru at the same time.
“Yeah, so what's wrong? Now just gather at the main room, because you two might be late,” said Hagane as he pointed to the door that leaded into the main room.
“Could you believe it, Konohamaru!? We are the last!” whispered Hanabi disappointedly as they walked towards the door.
“No Hanabi-chan, just don't worry! You see the way Hagane-sensei praised us!” encouraged Konohamaru, though himself was sweating in nervousness.
“But, Konohamaru, we lost the bets! Two bets at once!” remembered Hanabi warily.
“Uh, well… well, we'll think about it later,” Konohamaru scratched his head awkwardly.
“You sure you want to enter, Konohamaru?” asked Hanabi one last time before she opened the door.
“Well…” Konohamaru gulped, “no choice, we have to. Just pretend that we don't see Kakashi-sensei and Kurenai-sensei, while we try our best to hide from Mia-chan and Shikanori-kun,” suggested Konohamaru.
“Idiot! That won't do!” mocked Hanabi. She was about to push the door when someone has pulled it from behind.
“There you two,” greeted Anko as she appeared from behind the door. Beside her Iruka was blushing slightly. One of his hands was holding to Anko's shoulder.
“Oh, you've arrived,” said Iruka as he quickly retreated his hand from Anko's shoulder, “Why don't you enter, then?”
Hanabi and Konohamaru nodded. They entered to the main room clumsily. There, all the academy students were chatting to each other. All the students there were wounded, no one was in a good condition. They have any kind of fighting wounds, like bruises, scratches, even broken bones. When they saw Konohamaru and Hanabi, all of them fell silent.
“Konohamaru, are we very late?” whispered Hanabi.
“Well, not really, we are almost, just some seconds, before the sunset time,” said Konohamaru.
Hanabi and Konohamaru looked around the room, and they caught Mia's stare. She wore a grumpy expression on her face. Hanabi sighed secretly, Mia might be thinking about their lateness, so she became really impatient. Maybe now she was thinking about the tasks that she will give to Konohamaru and Hanabi in losing the bet.
“Everybody!” Anko clapped her hands once, and again, all the student's attention were back for her, “Let's give applause to team Fifth!”
All the students clapped, including some of the Jounins that there were in the room.
“What does it mean, Anko-sensei? A new way to criticise us!?” asked Hanabi, her voice was fully annoyed.
“Hey, no one criticising you!” said Anko.
“But why then you told them to give us applause!? We are the last team that made it here, Auntie Anko!” added Konohamaru.
“Damn you! I'm too young to be called as auntie!” Anko (again) smacked Konohamaru's head one more time.
“Hey, cut it off, Anko,” ordered Iruka as he helped Konohamaru to stand up.
“Okay, Iruka-chan!” said Anko quickly when Iruka told her to do so.
“Well, Konohamaru, you and Hanabi might be the last to arrived, but you two were also the first team that really made it here,” said Iruka.
“You mean!?” asked Hanabi and Konohamaru at the same time.
“All the rest of the students here were came because they sent the red fireworks for help. No one that succeeded to past this test, well… except your team, congratulations! Your team really make me proud!” Iruka smiled happily at them.
Konohamaru and Hanabi gaped, they didn't know how to react.
“But, how about the paper we signed on the reporting desk? That was the four, and that means other teams have signed it before us!” asked Hanabi curiously.
“The paper must be signed by all of the students, no matter what happened to them,” explained Anko.
“So, we won the bet with Mia, Konohamaru!” exclaimed Hanabi happily as she hugged Konohamaru.
“We did it! WE REALLY DID IT!” Konohamaru hugged her back.
“Ahem,” Anko chuckled, “Can we cut the hugging scene for later, Hanabi? Konohamaru?”
Hanabi and Konohamaru quickly released the hug. Their faces were blushing furiously.
“Now, as the first team to be arrived here, we will give you the reward. You two were allowed to pass the first exam of all five final examinations of academy final test. You could take back the four scrolls that you gave for Hagane at the reporting desk,” said Anko.
“No need to, I've already taken it for them,” said Kakashi as he appeared in front of Hanabi and Konohamaru. Kurenai walked behind him.
“Thanks, sensei,” Konohamaru accepted the scrolls from Kakashi.
“So, I'm the winner, eh? Kurenai?” said Kakashi as he turned back at Kurenai.
“No you're not, Kakashi,” said Kurenai.
“Hey, what's the meaning of it!?” yelled Kakashi.
“Well, Konohamaru and Hanabi were the last to arrive, and our bet is about the one who won this exam, Hatake!” Kurenai yelled back.
“HEY! They were the first that successfully made it here, Kurenai!” said Kakashi angrily.
“But still, Kakashi, STILL, they were the last to arrive here,” demanded Kurenai.
“CUT IT OFF!” said Hanabi angrily. All of the student's attention were now on Kakashi and Kurenai.
“Whew, you two acted like children,” Anko shook his head, “What do you mean about the bet, anyway?”
“By Konohamaru's suggestion, we made a bet. If I won, Kurenai had to hear about my reasons, and we're not breaking up, but if she won, it would be reversed. And I am the winner of this bet,” explained Kakashi.
“But they were the last, Kakashi,” remembered Kurenai.
`This bet is about winning, not arriving, Kurenai,” corrected Kakashi.
“Oh come on, don't start it again, can you!?” stopped Hanabi when Kurenai was about to doubt Kakashi.
“Well, I think both Kakashi-sensei and Kurenai-sensei was the winner,” said Konohamaru calmly.
“What do you mean by that!?” asked Kakashi and Kurenai.
“Simple. Kakashi-sensei, since your reward in winning is explaining the whole problem to Kurenai, you could make it then, but the breaking up decision is in Kurenai-sensei, deal?” explained Konohamaru.
Kakashi and Kurenai looked at each other's face, and mentioned : “Deal!”
“Okay, so what's your reason in coming late, Kakashi?” asked Kurenai, “and make it quick, please,” added Kurenai before Kakashi could answer.
“Alright,” Kakashi took a small box from his pocket and gave it to Kurenai.
“What's this?” asked Kurenai as she received the box.
“That's the reason why I came late these three months,” said Kakashi, “open it, Kurenai.”
Kurenai opened the box, and she gasped when she saw the thing that hidden inside it.
“A ring… Kakashi? B- But… why?” asked Kurenai in her trembling voice. She was totally shocked.
“I took extra missions this late three months, so I could collect some money to bought you the ring. Actually today I'm about to give you that, and asked you to marry me. But you wanted to break up with me,” explained the Kakashi.
“Kakashi…” called Kurenai. Her voice croaked, she burst into tears, “I'm sorry, Kakashi… I didn't know about it…”
“H- hey, don't cry, Kurenai,” Kakashi quickly approached Kurenai and embraced her. All of the people in the room mouthed `OOH'-s.
Hanabi almost cried, she couldn't stand to see the view in front of her. They were loving each other very much. She almost cried, almost, if Konohamaru wasn't holding her shoulder.
“So, we're not going to break up, right Kurenai?” asked Kakashi once more.
“No, Kakashi,” Kurenai withdrew her body from the embrace, “I'm still going to break up as your girlfriend.”
“Kurenai!?” Kakashi shocked, his face was put into an indescribable expression. All the class dumbfounded at Kurenai's reaction.
“Yes, I'm going to break up as your girlfriend, Kakashi. No one could change my decision, because…” Kurenai's words tailed.
“Because?” asked Kakashi and all the people inside the room. Kakashi startled, he didn't know that the room was watching at them.
“Because… I'm going to be your wife, Kakashi<” Kurenai smiled happily at Kakashi, and embraced him lovingly.
The room gasped, and then all the people inside their applauded. The air was filled by cheers and congrats.
“Someday, you and I would be like that, Hanabi-chan,“ said Konohamaru beneath the cheers.
“What!?” asked Hanabi, it seemed that she didn't hear what Konohamaru had said.
“No, nothing! I was just saying congratulations!” said Konohamaru, he threw his glance at something else instead of Hanabi.
Hanabi looked at Konohamaru from some seconds, and then she blushed furiously.
She heard it.
She heard the things he had said.
***
AN: Hey, how was it!? In this chapter it seemed I totally lost control in writing KakaKure, never mind me, I'm just a supporter of them too. If you're asking about my favourite couples, I'd say NejiHina, GaaraHina and NaruHina at the first place (I found it really difficult to decide which one I loved the best), second would be SasuHina, and followed after are ShikaTema, SasuSaku, and then KakaKure, no yaoi and yuri, please! I found myself hating it when I first read a NaruSasu fic…
So, what about your favourite couple? Tell me, but don't forget to write the review about this fic in the firsthand!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
5