Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Affairs ❯ His Girlfriend and His Crush ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Affairs
Chapter 1: His Girlfriend and Crush
 
What should I do!? My feeling for her is not the way I should…
 
“Neji, oi! Matte yo!” Tenten approved Neji, half running beside him. The later boy, Hyuuga Neji, acknowledged her by glance his eyes upon her for a second.
“What's it?” Neji said without bothering to look back at her.
“I just want to ask if you have free time today after the training. Umm, do you?” Tenten blushed as she asked this
“Whaddya need, Ten? If you need a sparing partner for extra training, Lee is a better choice than me, for you won't get any bad hurt,” Neji frowned.
“No, it's not that!” said Tenten abruptly, “It's not about extra training! Who the hell care about it anyway?” Tenten moved a step closer to Neji.
“So what?” Neji winced, Tenten almost touched his body. This what he hated about her. She always tried to be near him.
`Like she thinks it comforts me… yuck!'
“How about an ice cream for today? Err, a walk near the river? Or watching the sunset?” Tenten smiled teasingly at him, thus made Neji has to bite his own lower lip, preventing him self for vomit.
“Ten, you have to know that those things that you mentioned about are couples' tasks, and we are not one. I'm sick of having you always ask me to go out, and do some weird things. I can't stand of it anymore, Ten. We are not couple!” Neji shouted furiously.
Tenten stunned, her mouth half opened in shock. She could not believe what Neji had just said to her. How cruel for him to said that! Tenten knew that he was not the `nice guy'-type like Lee or Gai-sensei, but she never expected to hear those words for him.
“It's that all? Well then, I'm heading to the compound.” Neji turned his back at her.
“Wait, Neji-”
“What else!?” Neji shouted, turned back again at her. He was almost surprised when he saw Tenten biting her lips, tried really hard not to cry, but failed.
“Sorry, what's it?” Neji's voice fell softer, not because he care of her tears, but he was afraid if someone saw them, and spread out rubbish.
“Ne- Neji, if we are not couple… then… then how about being one?” whispered Tenten beneath her tears.
“What!?” Neji barked.
`She's insane… absolutely!' he thought.
“Neji, you said that you were sick of me teasing you, I'm sure that you want me to stop,” Tenten wiped her tears.
“Yeah, then?”
“Well then, I can only stop doing this when you are my boyfriend.”
“Excuse me? I believe my ears are incorrect,” Neji frowned.
“Listen, Neji. I've a crush on you for ages. Since you never put any attention on me, I'm totally over you! I don't know why, maybe because you are always ignoring me, my self became curious of you. Maybe I just wanna know how it feels when someone I love, loves me back. I'm sure when I do, I can get over you, Neji,” said Tenten, her voice became steady.
“Are you nut?” mocked Neji.
“Call me it, but I think it's the better way for both of us,” Tenten said as she tidied her right Chinese hair-bun.
Neji thought for a moment, Tenten could see some part of his forehead that hidden beneath the Hitai-ate wrinkled.
“Well, if being your boyfriend could get rid of your crush… yeah, maybe we could be a couple,” Neji sighed as he had taken his decision. Sure he quite fond of Tenten, but not as a couple-to-be, or even couple-has-been.
“Really?” Tenten smiled, her cheek blushed. Neji never saw her as happy as this before.
“Yes, but two things to remember: first, I'm only your boy friend for a while, until you get the `couple feeling' you said before,” said Neji with a thin smile.
“Um… yeah…” Tenten looked a bit disappoint.
“And the second, both of us, you especially, have to act normally in front of anybody. Remember, there's no any exception.”
“What!? But Neji-”
“No buts. Those are the rules. If you don't like it, then I'll quit. I think I could stand for more of your teases. Deal then?” Neji pointed his index finger right in front of Tenten's face.
“Oh, Okay…”
`It's not that I couldn't get him. Making him as my boyfriend is a step forward for more,' Tenten smiled, hiding her thought.
“Err, Neji? How about walk me home?” Tenten asked, trying to be sweet.
“Can't do, Hinata-sama is waiting for me. I'm leaving.” Neji vanished from where he stood before Tenten could say a word.
“Why do you care for her, Neji!? You are my boyfriend!” Tenten shouted furiously, making some birds soaring to the great Konohagakure sky.
***
“Sumimasen,” Neji greeted as he entered Hinata's garden. The atmosphere there was always so peaceful whenever he came. The flower and plants that she took really care for, were growing so gorgeously. There, on the middle of the garden, stood tough a Sakura tree that planted there when Hinata was born. The spot get the most of the sun ray, matched with Hinata's name: A Sunny Place. The name he knew that really fit her well.
“Oh, Y- You has come, Neji-niisan…” Hinata appeared from behind a rose bush. Her blushing cheek matched so perfectly with the half blooming pink roses.
Neji nodded.
“I- I guess. It's time for us to training, ne…?” Hinata patted some dirt from her pants, then he putted the small shove and the water spray near the rose bush.
“Yea, maybe you want to take a rest first before we start? You seemed quite busy back then, I suppose you're a bit tired, Hinata-sama,” I suggested.
“N- No, I don't need it, honest. It's my daily activity, I've getting used to it,” she shook her head quickly.
Neji walked closer to her, now the range between them only remained some half of a meter. Hinata's eyes widened. She was afraid of being so close with Neji. It remembered her about the Chuunin exam, and they never stood this close after it.
Hinata nudged her chin up, daring herself to look at Neji's cloud eyes. The same eyes like hers. The eyes that now filled with a quite anger.
Suddenly, she felt Neji's right hand on her cheek. Loathe somehow has slipped to an affectionate stare. Hinata's eyes widened, the beats on her heart got faster. Now their faces only remained merely centimetres apart.
She felt really hard just to breathe.
Small birds on her garden spread to the sky. The sounds of their clapped wings awaken them from the time that they were never felt before.
“Flower petal,” he said as he withdrew his hand clumsily, “That will disturb you for practicing. Umm… You sure you don't want to take a rest?” Neji scratched his head awkwardly, while Hinata only bowed his head to the ground. Her face was flame red.
“Y- yes, Neji-niisan…”
“Oh. I just worried about your condition. I don't want to cause any trouble for you. I don't mean much,” said Neji awkwardly.
“A- arigatou, Neji-niisan, de- demonemuru na… I will be okay,” she smiled softly at him with her eyes lowered. She didn't dare to look at him straightly.
Neji didn't know why, but he felt something moved him to give a small soft smile back at her.
Something he didn't do for ages in case for the Souke.
***
AN: Review, pls…. no further chapter will be sent if I didn't get any satisfying review, not threatening, but I have to know if you really want my fics for next… Nyaaah, see you next time (maybe) ^~^… sorry about Tenten anyway,,, I'm one of her haters,,,,