Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Color of Evil ❯ Sweet Secrets ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 18-Sweet Secrets
I laughed as I happily ate my piece of cake, enjoying the sweet taste of the icing, although the visual texture of the cake itself seemed like a sponge. I looked around the room and nearly missed Kaminari shoving a huge slice of cake into Naruto's face. I still thought she was very cruel to him but I saw the humor behind it. My eyes flew to the other side of the room where Lee sat dejectedly on the couch. I made my way over and sat next to him.
"Do you like the party?" I asked.
He nodded but looked at me wistfully.
"What's wrong?" I asked scooting closer to him.
"It is nothing," Lee said and looked away from me.
"Lee-kun you're bad at lying."
He glared at the crutches leaning against the wall.
"Don't worry," I said, "You won't have to use them for long."
He closed his eyes and lowered his head.
I sighed, "I'm really sorry Lee-kun I shouldn't have involved any of you in this."
His eyes shot open, "This is not your fault Kagami-chan."
"Yes it is."
"No, I choose to tear off that band, you would have died if I had not and then you would not be here and well we could never well um."
I looked at him with curiosity filling my gaze, "We could never what?"
"Kagami-chan I really like you but it seems you feel, that you feel nothing for me," Lee said.
I sat still for a minute thinking the words through.
"I should tell him," I thought, "I will."
I smiled at him causing him to show a look of confusion. I glanced around the room and asked if we could step outside. After saying we would be right back we went outside and sat under a tree across the street.
"Lee-kun I'll tell you something I've never told anyone," I said.
I leaned towards him and saw my shoulder brush against his. He blushed but turned towards me.
I said it as simply as I could, "I can't feel."
He looked at me with confusion, "What do you mean?"
"Lee-kun I can't say this any simpler, I can't feel. Under my skin there aren't any nerves, so I don't feel warmth, cold, the wind, or the sun, not even this," I ran my fingertips over his hand, "I know it's strange but my body's just really a big numb empty shell."
He grabbed my hand and looked at me his onyx eyes contrasting my light green eyes.
"Would you feel it if I kissed you," he asked.
I think I blushed because my senses momentarily sharpened.
I shrugged, "I don't know."
Being in the sound village under his watch I never saw anyone but the half human half creatures that came through his hideouts.
Before I knew it my face was just an inch from Lee's and then his lips were against mine.
So soft…
So sweet…
So gentle…
I shivered as his arms encircled my waist and pulled me closer to him.
"Wait, shiver? Cold?" I thought, "I can feel it."
Lee pulled back and stared at me, and I could now feel my face burning.
Before either of us could say a word Naruto yelled out to us to come back in because he needed protection from Kaminari. She had found more cake and pulled Naruto in to shove it into his face again.
I smiled back at Lee.
"I think we're needed."
He smiled back and we made our way back inside.