Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Dance of The Chuunin ❯ And So, They Run Into More Competition ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Dance of The Chuunin

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Chapter- 8

And So, The Campaigning Begins!

Here we find Sakura (Hinata) and Naruto (Sasuke) trying to bribe Kakashi and Anko into voting for them.

It was not working.

"O-Oh, S-Sasuke-Kun I-I love y-you..." Sakura said, trying to blush to add to the 'cute' effect by holding her breath.

But, instead of looking like she was blushing, her face turned a bluish-green color, like she was gonna puke.

"Somehow, I get the feeling that you really didn't mean that, Sakura." Kakashi commented. "If you're going to throw up anything, do so in the trash can, please."

"Yeah, I don't want to step in it!" Anko agreed.

"What? I-I did mean i-it!" Sakura (Hinata) defended. "I-I do l-love Sasuke-Kun."

"We ALL know that, Sakura. You tell him everyday. But, just because you like Sasuke, doesn't mean you like Naruto." Kakashi explained. "I mean, you tell him you hate him everyday."

"What does that, uh, idiot have to do with anything?" Naruto (Sasuke) asked. "Plus, this is Hinata; NOT Sakura."

"Y-yes. D-don't you think S-Sasuke-Kun and I are c-cute together?" Sakura (Hinata) asked. "A-at least, c-cute enough t-to vote f-for."

"Well, I guess Sasuke and Hinata would look pretty cool together. But, I'm not sure about you two. I mean, I'd actually have to see you together; When your hair isn't dyed and your eyes aren't some random colors. You both look pretty stupid like this, by the way." Anko explained.

"Besides, we're voting for ourselves in this contest." Kakashi stated.

"You guys are running, too?!" Naruto (Sasuke) asked, surprised.

"Well, duh! Of course we are. We're a cute couple!" Anko replied.

"Augh, man. Time to move on, then, Hinata-Chan." Naruto (Sasuke) suggested before walking off with Sakura (Hinata).

Meanwhile, Sasuke (Naruto) and Hinata (Sakura) were both busy campaigning as well.

But, they were passing out copies of a picture that Sasuke had of Sakura and Naruto standing together, for once not fighting. The had to cut Sasuke and Kakashi out of the picture, though.

"Vote for us; Naruto and Sakura as the 'Cutest Couple In Konoha'!" Hinata (Sakura) yelled as she handed a picture to a couple that looked a little offended at what she said, before adding, "Or at least of the people in this contest! HeeHee..."

'Well, I guess I gotta act like the idiot too...' Sasuke (Naruto) thought before taking a deep breath and yelling; "VOTE FORV SAKURA-CHAN AND I AS THE CUTEST COUPLE!!! VOTE NARUSAKU!!!"...Right in another couples' ears. "Oh... sorry... Heheh..."

"This isn't really working, Naruto-Kun." Hinata (Sakura) stated.

"Yeah, we definitely aren't going to win." Sasuke (Naruto) agreed.

"Hey! Look!" Kankurou yelled from a few feet behind them. "It's Sasuke and the Hyuuga again! They're still wearing those weird outfits, too!"

"Really? Do you think they realize how stupid they both look?" Gaara asked.

"If I were one of them, I sure as heck would!" Temari sortive answered.

'Oh, great! They're gonna reak my cover!!' Sasuke (Naruto) and Hinata (Sakura) both thought.

"Oh, hey!" Hinata greeted with fake cheerfulness.

"Uh, HI!!" Sasuke yelled, with fake enthusiasm.

"Um, here! Vote for Naruto-Kun and I as the cutest couple in Konoha!" Hinata (Sakura) explained, while handing the three some pictures.

"Hey! If you two are running together, then why are you handing out pictures of Sakura and Naruto?" Kankurou asked.

His question was, most definitely, ignored.

"If you're running with Naruto, then, shouldn't he be here campaigning WITH you?" Gaara asked. "I mean, in other contests it's good to spread out with your teamates, but, you'd think this is one that you probably need to be together While Campaigning."

"Yeah, I mean, people need to see you two together before giving you their vote." Temari agreed.

"Um, we are together." Hinata (Sakura) insisted. "See?" She asked as she pulled Sasuke over to her side.

"No, we meant NARUTO." Temari explained, slowly.

"I KNOW you meant NARUTO. And, he's right HERE." Hinata (Sakura) replied slowly.

"NO, he's not 'right HERE'." Temari said slowly.

"YEAH, I AM RIGHT HERE!!" Sasuke (Naruto) yelled.

"Yes, we realize that your presence remains to be here, Sasuke." Gaara replied, sounding irritated.

"I think I should find some cute guy, and enter the contest, too!" Temari suddenly said.

"Somehow, I doubt you're gonna find someone soon enough to enter." Gaara replied, pointing to clock that suddenly appeared out of nowhere. "You have to be signed up within 3 minutes now, Temari."

"Yeah, you should've thought about this over two hours ago when the contest was declared." Kankurou scolded.

"What? You think I can't find someone within the time limit?!" Temari yelled accusingly. "Ha!! I'll show you!"

"Doubt it." Kankurou replied.

Temari quickly scanned through a crowd of people in search of some guy that wasn't with a girl, looked at least a little cute, and, easy enough to enter in the contest.

She quickly found one. "There! Be right back!"

Temari quickly made her way to the person she had spotted; As I'm sure you've all guessed, it was Shikamaru.

"Hey!" Temari greeted.

"...What do you want?" Shikamaru mumbled. "This is so troublesome.."

Realizing she only had about a minute and a half to go.

"Look, I need you to enter that couple contest with me." Temari stated quickly.

"What's in it for me?" Shikamaru questioned lazily.

"You won't look like a loner all night, People will be jealous of your awesome girlfriend, and you might get to be honored as half of 'Konoha's Cutest Couple' contest winner." Temari explained, quickly adding. "Plus, I'll pay for a foot massage for you next week."

"Fine." Shikamaru agreed.

"Well, hurry up! We only got 30 seconds til the clocks turned off!"

"This is too troublesome..." Shikamaru mumbled as he raced after his 'girlfriend' to sign up.

They barely made it, with five seconds to spare.

"Told you I'd find someone!" Temari said to her brothers triumphantly. "Now, let's go get campaigning!! See you two in the competition!!"

"Well, we've got ourselves some more competition." Sasuke (Naruto) stated to Hinata (Sakura).

"Yes. Let's just do our best." Hinata (Sakura) replied as they began campaigning again.

TO BE CONTINUED

Hey! Thanks for the reviews!! Please, keep reviewing!! The more reviews, the sooner I update!!

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei