Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Dolphin and The Cherry Blossom ❯ To Face Your Past ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Still haven't ran out of ideas yet.
Drabble #7: To Face Your Past
Author: Anna T.
Rating: PG
Genre: Post Apocalyptic/ Romance
Pairing: SakuIru
Words: 221
 
Sakura looked from the young man in her bed--smooth as cream skin, poured into the mold of flesh, curled up on the bed.

One leg exposed, tangled in sheet...the slight curve of the back, the ridge of spine...all vaguely seen.
Sakura looked from this Adonis to a tiny picture.

She had found it yesterday, emptying out boxes as she moved into Iruka's place.

Sakura stumbled onto this picture on the very day she had decided that her murky past was not worth the time or effort to recall.

Sakura was moving on. With Iruka.

They met six months ago. Six months ago, sharing a taxi--one of them going to the airport, the other going home.
Neither made it to their respective destinations.

Talks became kissing, kissing became sex, sex became love.

Sakura looks at the picture, old emotions gnawing at her bones like starving rats.

Sakura stares at the picture, willing the feelings attached to the faded image to disappear. They don't.

And the past does not come rushing back to Sakura.

Just the ache, just the disappointment, just the wounds.

Sakura wants to hate herself for tucking the little black-and-white snapshot in between the pages of her secrets, for clinging to something she cannot go back to...especially once she realizes just who she is sharing her life with.