Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Dolphin and The Cherry Blossom ❯ A Stitch in Time ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Taa Daa! Another one!
 
Drabble #8: A Stitch inTime
 
Author: Anna T.
 
Rating: G
 
Pairing: SakuIru
 
Words: 175
 
Damp.

Humid.

Tense.

Anticipation.

That's what Sakura thought of in rapid succession as she kneels down next to Iruka in a tiny enclosed garden.
Damp due to sweat, making her clothes feel uncomfortable.

Sweating due to the humidity in this greenhouse, the heat storing up painfully and thick in the non-existent air.

Tense because Sakura held her muscles tight, like moving too much might dislodge the memory hanging precariously at the edge of her mind, might cause words Sakura did not understand to come off of her tongue.

Anticipation. That one was harder to pin down. Sakura felt the rush in her blood when something wonderful and new and important was about to happen. She felt her pulse race as she looked up slowly into Iruka's eyes.
Time was suspended. It had truly stopped, just for the two of them.

Time gave them a moment to look with wonder at the other, to feel that wondrous relief at finding the missing half of your battered soul.

And then the door opened. Sakura forgets the moment.