Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Dolphin and The Cherry Blossom ❯ And It Begins... ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N:  This one’s probably a bit confusing, basically Iruka was hurt and a little Sakura tied his hand with a bandage.   Title:  And It Begins   Rating: G   Author: Anna T.   Pairing: IruSaku   Warning: AU-ish   Words: 194     ...One...
Iruka did not believe in himself, no matter what others might say to change his mind.
Every morning was just another day to wake up and feel less than perfect.
Knots in his forest of hair, smelling of oil and pine...his Mother always complained about his hair.
Why couldn't it be wavy? Why couldn't it be shorter?
But Iruka followed his father's wishes.
He saw the pictures on the wall of the kendo room, of samurai...his father thought samurais like gods, wise-beyond-years and bamboo for bones. His son would aspire to that type of stature--jokes and teasing aside.
Iruka learned to grow a thick skin and to shed the hurt like a snake.
Sakura met him one day and Iruka was stuck between finding the girl silly...and then finding the girl amazing.
His mother called Sakura 'little princess' and Iruka hated that--for he believed it as well.
Sakura was something perfect. Something Iruka would never be.
He kept the bandage for days after Sakura tied it around his hand.
Iruka held it to him as he slept, waking to find it near his lips...
He kissed it before throwing it away.