Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Love Unspoken ❯ Scroll V: A Little Romance ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, just some characters I created and the plot…

Summary: Naruto and co. are already 17 years at age. They came all the way to become a jounin; they have become closer over years of teamwork and hard work. But as they grew closer, two certain people have uncertainty feelings for each other. Two twins will come to their lives; will there be troubles ahead for the two or the other way around?

Scroll five: A little romance

"Sakura! We're here!" shouted Ino, who was sitting with Hinata under a tree at the park.

"Oh. Hi! So… why did you guys called me out all of a sudden?" Sakura asked cheerfully to her long time friends.

"Nothing really, we just missed you, y'know. You've been away for so long that we didn't have the time to chitchat with you whenever you came back." Ino said as Sakura sits with them beside Hinata.

"We know that you're a busy person Sakura-chan, we understand. We met your sensei yesterday, and he told us that three of you would be in vacation under the order of the fifth hokage. That's why we called you up yesterday to meet us here now." Hinata spoke quietly.

"I missed you guys too you know that! I think its just our fate that we're the one being workaholic sometimes… hehehe… I guess it can change if try not to." Sakura smiled at them, "By the way Hinata-chan, Naruto told me that he will meet you later. Guess you two are seeing more often huh?"

"H-he often comes to my house… f-first… when he came back on his missions and treats me some ramen. I-it's a normal routine for us…"Hinata stuttered shyly.

"How about you Ino?"

"Oh, me? Well, Shikamaru and me are getting along; we're getting used to our relationship… hihhihi, he often picks me up when I'm finished teaching my genin students. He often asks me out on a date but he's still lazy; keeps muttering his usual phrase 'how troublesome'… I couldn't imagine myself getting attracted to that lazy guy…" Ino giggled.

"I envy you two…" Sakura muttered under her breath.

"Why? Still haven't found the right one yet? It could be Sasuke-kun! I'm already taken so that leaves Sasuke-kun all yours!" Ino joked.

"I doubt it. Even he acts strangely lately, I still doubt it…" Sakura doubted.

"How so?" Hinata asked.

"Well… umm… he…" Sakura couldn't continue for which she is already blushing because of the incident last night.

"What?" Ino asked irritably. Then, Sakura managed to gather up her courage and started telling them. She paused for some certain events, which she liked to be kept just for herself but Ino and Hinata managed to choked it out of her. She even described her sudden change of feeling on a particular incident. Her friends listened in awe unable to believe the word that was going in their ears.

"That's it. Care to tell me why I feel like that?" Sakura said in confusion.

"That's hard to explain, Sakura-chan--" Hinata stopped when they heard a quiet laughter coming out from Ino.

"What! Ino!" Sakura's eyebrow twitched at her soundless laughter.

"No-nothing… Sakura, you've already found the one who will love you! You're just too blind to see…" Ino chirped happily.

"W-what do you mean?" Sakura got even confused at that.

"Look, why in the first place would he sitting beside you until you woke up and be sleeping beside you just to give you warmth not to mention his arms draped around you like a teddy bear? You know him more than I do, but I can still tell that he doesn't act like that around others but he did when he was with you! Hehehe… I can't imagine HIM being so sweet and warm!!! Hehehe…" she smiled toothily. "And to think, the way you told us on how your heart beats at that time, you might love him again, Sakura… you know that…" she smiled again.

"Maybe Ino you're right, because the heart never lies right?" Sakura said doubtfully and forced a smile. But inwardly she agrees, her feelings have been gone for a long while and now it's coming back and she was sure she felt the same way before. The only difference is she shrieks and giggles at the past compared to her present state she was matured enough not to act that way anymore.

"Ano…" Hinata interrupted.

"I should be going now… Naruto-kun might be waiting for me…" Hinata smiled sheepishly with a blush in her face.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot to tell you Sakura; I also have a date with my Shika-kun! Hihi… well, ja! Watashita!" Ino swayed her hand and the two left Sakura under the tree.

"Enjoy your dates!" Sakura cheered as they walked off to opposite directions.

She was alone that time nobody to accompany her, but she did not crave for it; it was better for her to be alone right now. I'm alone again… but now it really suits me to clear my mind off things…so peaceful…it's been quite a while for me to be this relaxed… almost all of the time I've been tense in my missions…I could do to this more often" she sighed. She did not feel the urge to eat or got hungry so she just sits there and skips her lunch.

After sitting there, she decided to go home for the time being, but when she ran to an intersection, a road towards her house and another road to the forest. She stopped dead for a moment and decided once again to train rather than be cooped up inside her house doing nothing productive so she walked towards the forest.

She got lost in her thoughts as she neared the forest; neared the bridge where they usually meet when they were still genins, when she still deeply in love with Sasuke. Those thoughts even brought her deeper to her reverie. She walked in the forest, head bowed down, and her face in a dreamy state.

"Sakura! Sakura! SAKURA!" a voice called form behind. Yet there was no answer so he ran as fast as he can scooped her up and jumped to a tree. Then there was a loud crash from where she had been walking before. She was startled; almost could have a heart attack at the sudden presence scooped her up and pinned her to a tree and he's body against her shielding her form the harsh wind that the crash brought. She closed her eyes preventing dusts to enter her eyes as it flies along the wind; the body was still pressed against her protectively with some sort of tension. Few seconds passed the wind calmed; the body relaxed and backed away a little so that their faces were level to each other.

"Sa-Sasuke. Sasuke-kun!" she gaped with her mouth hanging open. "I-I…"

"What were you thinking?!?! A falling tree almost crushed you! And why are you not answering to my calls to warn you about that! What if you're harmed or injured!" Sasuke hissed letting his emotion out. Sakura looked at his onyx pools and saw anger and worry mixed in them. She couldn't believe what she'd had and seen. Sasuke actually cared! Yay! Her inner self cheered.

She couldn't say anything that moment and eventually he calmed down but still in the same position his hands still beside her head letting her no way to escape. He inched closer subconsciously letting Sakura's heart pound even faster and a blush crept up noting that her chest would have touched his if he inched even closer.

He noticed her blush, her feeling of vulnerability, he got attracted to her even more; he wanted to tell her what he felt but his pride kept him from doing that. He leaned closer and closer now not only their body was inches apart even their faces were merely and inch apart. He was sinking in to her attractiveness, as the blush on her face got even deeper to ten shades of red, he leaned again. They could feel each other's breath from their closeness, Sakura got tense she wanted to escape that feeling but heart did not let her as well as her inner self.

Sasuke leaned in one last time and brushed his lips against her soft pink ones. He kissed her and she kissed him back; she wanted to melt into him but something held her back, this wasn't the right time; she was still not clear of Sasuke's feelings for her.

Their kiss was quick and chaste. Sasuke broke the kiss when he realized what he'd done. He stood up straight, his hands beside his body with his head bowed down slightly.

"Sorry." He muttered. Sakura looked at him in confusion she couldn't believe what they had just shared. He, was her first kiss! She never expected that "It's alright." She said almost a whisper.

They jumped off the thick branch they were standing on previously and started walking. Sakura just followed Sasuke at the back. Silence crept to them. Sakura disliked the silence this time; it was killing her. She remembered the last time they walked alone in silence, when they were walking towards the inn. That time she liked it but now it seemed so awkward. She was about to bring up a conversation but Sasuke was the first to speak.

"What were you doing here anyway?" he asked.

"I was supposed to train by myself but I guess I was thinking too much that time to not to notice what was happening around me…hehehe" she managed to smile but Sasuke was able to tell that she was forcing it. "May I ask how did you see me?"

"I saw you walking, I was training myself and I heard a sort of sound and saw the tree was falling and you haven't noticed it, so I called you but you never answered. That's when I got worried."

"Next time… be careful… I … don't want anything to happen to you again." He felt stupid for saying not and inwardly scolded himself.

Sakura was taken aback. "I'm sorry if I worried you…" he didn't respond for the moment, which worried Sakura if he was mad at her for almost risking her own life… "Aa." With that she felt relieved. They walked for few minutes and Sakura stared at the sky. It was getting dark she was sure it was past five o'clock now and inwardly sighed. Time sure flies quickly… I never noticed that I walked this far… she looked at Sasuke's back and remembered what Ino had said to her. "Maybe you are RIGHT, Ino," she muttered softly.

They got out of the forest and walked to the bridge.

"If you don't mind I'll walk you home." Sasuke suggested.

"But you live far away from me."

"It's okay."

"Okay then…"

They walked silently again. Shortly, they arrived at Sakura's doorstep. Sakura turned around and looked at him, smiling.

"Well, this it! Thank you for walking me home and thank you for saving me earlier." She said and walked closer and planted a quick peck on Sasuke's cheek.

"Good night."

"Good night."

She turned and walked in her house, shutting the door behind her. Sasuke just stood there for a moment and left with a smile played on his lips.

Sakura just sat on her bed unable to sleep. She recalled the incident and touched her lips… he kissed me… those words played on her mind again and again. She just couldn't understand what tempted him to do that. She lay on her bed and closed her eyes; soon the sleep overtook her consciousness.

TBC…

>

>

>

>

>
&g t;
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
A/ N: Yay!!! Sasuke actually kissed Sakura!!! I really like scenes like that!!! Hehehe hope you liked this chapter!!! I wanted to add more but my eyes are already stinging… Sorry!!! Well. Good-bye! See you at the next chapter!!!

Don't forget to Review!!! I need those!!! Ja ne!!!