Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Marriage of Hyuuga Hinata ❯ The Wedding ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Three - The Wedding
 
 
The next day the group was up early and ready to leave. Naruto and Neji were waiting in the lobby for Hinata and Tenten to arrive. When Naruto saw Hinata he searched for any sign that she had forgiven him. When Hinata met his eyes and smiled he knew that everything was alright. After everyone had finished breakfast, they loaded up the carriages and continued on their way.
 
 
The next four days were pretty plain and non-descript except that Hinata had noticed that Tenten was becoming more distant as time when on. Now Hinata and Tenten weren't best friends but they usually shared polite conversations. But now whenever Hinata asked Tenten a question she would get a `yes' or `no' reply. Hinata also noticed Tenten muttering remarks under her breath but when Hinata would ask Tenten `did you say something?' Tenten would either deny it or brush it off as `just talking to myself'. The comments were of the nature; `Sure didn't take you long to forget him, `I thought you had more guts' and `I guess we know which side your bread is buttered on'.
 
 
Hinata surmised that most of them were about her current relationship with Nori but the one she couldn't figure out was `If the clan heiress can't pick her own husband what chance do the others have?' Hinata wanted to explain everything to Tenten but she couldn't take the chance so she just put up with it as best she could.
 
 
When the caravan finally reached the gates of Suna it was stopped by two guards.
 
 
The first guard said “Halt, state your name and business in Sunagakure no Sato.”
 
 
Neji took a step forward and handed the guards their identity papers stating “This is Kajou Nori of Wave Country traveling to Sunagakure no Sato on business. Accompanying him is Hyuuga Hinata of Konohagakure no Sato plus their bodyguards.”
 
 
The guard looked at the papers which had the names of all the parties including the bodyguards and then gazed at each member of the caravan.
 
 
“Okay, follow the path and don't deviate. You will come to another station where you can get your visas to travel within the village” the guard said giving the papers back to Neji.
 
 
The two guards disappeared as the group moved forward towards the registration station. When they arrived each member had to fill out and sign the visa paperwork which would allow them safe access to the Sand Village.
 
 
It was at this point that Hinata made a request; “Would you please inform the Kazakage that Hyuuga Hinata requests an audience with him at his earliest convenience?”
 
 
The government worker looked puzzled at first but then said she would pass the request to the office of the Kazekage. Hinata thanked the young lady and then the group headed towards the hotel where the Hyuuga's had permanent reservation while doing business in the Sand Village. When they arrived at the Sakyuu Hotel the clerk immediately recognized the Hyuuga Clan members even though he didn't recognize Hinata or Neji personally.
 
 
When Hinata reached the desk the owner said “Welcome Hyuuga-san, we received your communiqué two days ago and your suites are ready. We were able to put the Kajou party on the same floor at the other end of the corridor.”
 
 
Hinata gave a polite bow and “Thank you” and then the owner ordered the hotel workers to help with the luggage while he escorted the parties to their rooms.
 
 
When the elevator arrived at the top floor, the owner directed the group to the left and on towards the end of the corridor where double doors were present.
 
 
Upon opening the doors he stepped back and let Hinata, Neji and Tenten enter saying “Your bags will be up shortly. I hope everything is to your satisfaction.”
 
 
Then turning to Nori's party he said “Your suite is at the other end of the corridor, Kijou-san” and proceeded to lead Nori and his guards away.
 
 
Neji closed the door to their suite and then activated his Byakugan to scan the room for danger.
 
 
Satisfied that everything was secure he said “After the luggage arrives I will move my things down to Kijou-san room and stay with his guards.”
 
 
Both Hinata and Tenten looked puzzled and Hinata asked “Why, Neji nii-chan? There is plenty of room here.”
 
 
Neji replied “Though you are the Clan heiress and thus require a bodyguard you are still female and require your privacy. Tenten will stay here in the guest room and act as your personal bodyguard during the night. Though I was in the next room at the inns, the distance between this suite and Kijou-san's suite is no greater than your room and my room at the estate's main house. In an emergency I can be here just as quickly as I would have been there.”
 
 
Hinata couldn't argue with his reasoning so she said “I see” and then went to her room.
 
 
When Tenten and Neji were alone Tenten said “She seemed nervous about you staying in Nori's suite. Do you think that maybe she was planning on seeing him tonight?”
 
 
Tenten was unable to hear Neji's reply because at that moment there was a knock at the door of the suite. Neji activated his Byakugan to determine who their visitor was and, satisfied that it was only the hotel workers with the luggage, opened the door to let them in. It was during this time that the messenger from the Kazekage's office appeared.
 
 
He knocked on the frame of the door and when Tenten noticed him he said “The Kazekage has sent word that he will be able to see you in one hour.”
 
 
Tenten answered “Thank you, we will be there. Would you please inform Kajou Nori? He is in the suite down the corridor.”
 
 
The messenger said he would and then Tenten closed the door.
 
When the time came for the audience with the Gaara the group left the hotel and headed towards the Kazekage's tower. Upon entering the building a Sand shin obi, presumably a genin by age, appeared before them and said “Hyuuga-san, Kijou-san, this way please.”
 
 
The group followed their escort up two flights of stairs until they came to the upper floor. There the escort led them down a corridor to a set of double door which had a receptionist's desk in front of them but off to the right.
 
 
There their escort stopped and said to the receptionist “Matsuri-sempai, Hyuuga-san and Kajou-san are here to see Kazekage-sama.”
 
 
Matsuri looked up and said “Yes, you are expected. Please follow me.”
 
 
Then she rose and moved to open the double doors. At this point Nori told his guards to stay there and he, Hinata, Neji and Tenten followed Matsuri into the Kazekage's chambers.
 
 
Gaara's office was pretty much like Tsunade's office with a large desk in front of a circular window which overlooked the village. Gaara was sitting at his desk looking over some papers while talking to Temari who was standing to his right.
 
 
Matsuri stopped halfway between the door and the desk and bowing said “Excuse me, Kazekage-sama but your guest have arrived.”
 
 
Both Gaara and Temari looked up and recognized Hinata, Neji and Tenten but neither recognized the stranger with them.
 
 
Gaara said “Thank you, Matsuri. That will be all.”
 
 
Matsuri then bowed and left the office.
 
 
Temari was the first to speak and said “Hinata-san, welcome and what brings you and your friends to Suna?”
 
 
Hinata replied “Kazekage-sama, I need to ask of you a personal favor.”
 
 
Gaara looked at Hinata for a second and said “If I can help a personal friend of Naruto, I would be more than happy.”
 
 
With this Hinata took a deep breath and said “I would like you to perform a marriage ceremony for Kajou Nori and me.”
 
 
The silence that followed was deafening as Tenten, Temari and Gaara stood in shock. Then a growing killer intent rose from both Gaara and Temari. Temari slowly came from behind Gaara's desk and walked towards Hinata. It was at this point the double doors to the Gaara's office opened and two Sand Anbu appeared while another was at the window.
 
 
Temari, without taking her eyes off Hinata, yelled “OUT!”
 
 
The Anbu didn't know what was going on so they looked toward Gaara and he just nodded so they left as quickly as they had appeared.
 
 
Hinata could feel Neji's chakra growing behind her, in concern, and she quickly put her hand outward, the palm towards Neji and said “Neji, please.”
 
 
Neji did not move but stayed on guard for any sudden movement on Temari's part.
 
 
Temari stopped in front of Hinata, stared her straight in the eyes and icily said “Hyuuga, you have one minute to explain yourself before I throw you and your `friends' out of this office and Suna, diplomacy be damned.”
 
 
Nori said “Temari….” but was interrupted by Temari who never took her eyes off Hinata saying “Look, whoever you are, if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't say another word!”
 
 
Hinata stared back and said “I will explain everything but first I must know if this room is sealed.”
 
 
This request caught Temari off-guard and she said “What?! What has that to do with anything?”
 
 
“Please, Temari-san, I have to know if this room is sealed before I can explain.”
 
 
Temari looked at Hinata incredulously and said “Yes, of course this room is sealed, preventing anyone outside from hearing what's discussed here.”
 
 
“As you once told me, Temari, `Even in friendly territory one can never be too careful'” Nori said using his normal voice.
 
 
The voice and the words stunned Temari as she looked at Nori and said “Naruto?”
 
 
Nori gave a big grin and said “Yep, it's me.”
 
 
Tenten was shocked and as she looked at Neji he seemed none too surprised.
 
 
“Neji, you knew he was Naruto all this time?” Tenten asked.
 
 
Neji replied “Yes.”
 
 
Naruto turned and asked “When did you figure it out?”
 
 
“The day you arrived at the estates” Neji replied.
 
 
“You see, Hinata-sama can sometimes be too trusting but as her bodyguard I can't. So the day you arrived I scanned you and your guards without you realizing it. When I looked at you I saw nothing out of the ordinary though your chakra system seemed familiar. Everyone has a unique chakra system though it is hard to tell when you see them alone. It is when they are standing side by side that you can see the subtle differences in the pathways. Well, when I scanned your `bodyguards' I saw the exact same pathways in their chakra systems as yours. At that point I knew your `bodyguards' were Kage Bushins and then I remembered where I had seen that pattern before, during the Chuunin exams when we fought.” Neji finished.
 
 
“Yeah, that was a good fight. Remember when….” Naruto started to say when Temari interrupted by yelling “WILL SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON HERE!”
 
 
That's when Hinata stepped forward and said “I will explain everything Temari-san, Gaara-sama.”
 
 
Then Hinata related the story as Naruto had explained it to her.
 
 
“So, do you want to get married right away?” Temari asked.
 
 
Naruto replied “No, not until after the Jounins vote for Hokage tonight.”
 
 
Temari asked “Other than the obvious reasons why is the Jounin vote so important?”
 
 
Hinata said “If we get married now Naruto-kun would have to marry into the Hyuuga Clan because my family name has higher prestige than his family name. Naruto-kun would have to follow our clan rules.”
 
 
“Yeah, right” Naruto huffed sarcastically as he crossed his arms.
 
 
Hinata gave a sympathetic glance at Naruto and then continued “But after Naruto-kun becomes Hokage then his family name would have higher prestige and I would marry into his clan.”
 
 
“Well, that's all well and good but what if Naruto isn't elected at this time? What would you do then?” asked Tenten.
 
 
Naruto replied “Then I will use Plan B.”
 
 
“And what is Plan B?” Tenten inquired.
 
 
“I won't say until it is absolutely necessary but don't worry I don't plan to overthrow the government or anything that drastic.”
 
 
At this point Temari asked “But why have Gaara perform the ceremony? Wouldn't any Shinto priest do?”
 
 
“Our marriage by a common priest might be challenged by the Hyuuga Council” Naruto answered.
 
 
“However a marriage performed by a Kage in front of two Leaf Jounins couldn't be challenged” he continued.
 
 
At this point Gaara said “I will be honored to perform your marriage ceremony whenever you are ready.”
 
 
Hinata smiled, reached over and hugged Gaara saying “Thank you” when she heard that.
 
 
Gaara was shocked by both the hug and the fact that his sand defense didn't react to her movement. He had only seen that happen with Kankuro and Temari. He started to suspect that this is what trusting someone is like; leaving your guard down and letting them get close to you.
 
 
Then Tenten made an observation “Hey, Naruto, since you're here that means you left a Kage Bushin back in Konoha. We were going to be gone for two weeks. Kage Bushins can't last that long, not even yours, can they?”
 
 
Naruto chuckled and said “Normally they don't last that long so what I did was create ten Kage Bushins. One bushin is always active and the other nine are at home meditating to conserve chakra. As soon as the active one runs out of chakra and vanishes the next one get ups and continues being me. Since we all get the same memories when the active bushin vanishes there isn't a problem interacting with people. As a matter of fact three bushins are already gone so I only have seven left.”
 
 
“So why are you still pretending to be `Nori'? Why don't you change back?” Tenten asked.
 
 
“That's the reason why I asked if the room was sealed” Hinata answered.
 
 
“The Hyuuga Clan has business partners in Suna and if one of them spotted Naruto-kun and me together, word might get back to the Hyuuga Council before we're ready” Hinata finished.
 
 
“So now, did the baka get you a ring?” Tenten asked.
 
 
Hinata beamed brightly nodding her head and reached into her top and pulled out her chain with the ring on it.
 
 
“Nice!” Tenten said as she admired the ring.
 
 
Even though Temari wasn't really into jewelry, engagement rings were a totally different animal and so joined in as well saying “For a guy, he made a good choice.”
 
 
Upon hearing Temari's comment Naruto responded “Hey, I heard that.”
 
 
Ignoring Naruto, Temari said “Did you bring any clothes for the wedding?”
 
 
At that moment it had dawned on Hinata that she hadn't and said “No, I didn't know we were getting married until we were already on our way!”
 
 
“Don't worry. We have some nice shops in Suna where we can get you a wedding kimono” Temari replied.
 
 
“And maybe something for you to wear on your wedding night” she added.
 
 
When Hinata heard Temari say this loud enough so that Naruto and Gaara could overhear, she started blushing so hard she felt like she did when she was twelve.
 
 
As the women starting chattering about what they needed to do to get ready Naruto moved over to where Gaara was sitting and said “We might as well get out of here. They will be at this for a while.”
 
 
Gaara looked at him and said “This is my office. Why should I be the one to leave?”
 
 
“Take it from me, with the little experience I have, when women start talking about men and wedding, it is best not to make any comments.”
 
 
Though Gaara knew that Naruto had a reputation for being oblivious to Hinata's affections and women in general, he still figured Naruto knew more about them than he did so Gaara just nodded, rose from his desk and both men left the office with Neji.
 
 
When they were outside Naruto said “So, open any good ramen stand yet?”
 
 
After their meal Naruto and Neji went back at the hotel. Gaara had returned to his office earlier and Naruto and Neji were talking in the Hyuuga suite about the trip to Suna.
 
 
Neji was curious and asked “Naruto, Hinata-sama didn't know that you were Nori earlier however at the beginning of this trip I could tell she recognized you without using her Byakugan. Did you inform her earlier?”
 
 
Naruto shook his head in disbelief and chuckled saying “No. I don't know how she does it but she can always tell the difference between the real me and my clones. All the times that Nori appeared at the estate, it was one of my clones in henge but for this trip I had to be Nori. I had hoped using henge would help but, as you can tell, I still couldn't fool her.”
 
 
It was at this point the suite door opened and in walked the women carrying a number of packages.
 
 
Neji and Naruto stood up and Naruto asked “What's all that?”
 
 
Tenten replied “Clothes for the wedding, you don't think Hinata was going to get married in her traveling clothes do you?”
 
 
Incredulous, Naruto said “That many boxes for one wedding dress?”
 
 
Tenten answered “Not only the dress but what she wears underneath plus hat, shoes, accessories and…”.
 
 
Then Tenten held up one box in particular and continued “What she will wear on your wedding night. Though I doubt she will be wearing it very long.”
 
 
Hinata's face flushed a bright red and said “Tenten!”
 
 
Tenten and Temari laughed at Hinata's embarrassment and then Temari said “Well, I have to go now but let us know when you guys are ready.”
 
 
Hinata gave a polite bow to Temari and said “Thank you, Temari-san, for everything.”
 
 
Temari replied “You're welcome” and waved goodbye to the rest while leaving.
 
 
The rest of the day was spent touring Suna while the group awaited the results of the election back in Konoha.
 
 
It was during dinner that Naruto suddenly stiffened and then jumped up and punching his fist in the air said “Yahoo, I did it Hinata! I won!”
 
 
Hinata stood with her hands clasped together in front of her chest and said “Naruto-kun! I'm so proud of you!” and then she hugged him tightly around the waist.
 
 
The ruckus they had made caused everyone in the restaurant to look at the couple but neither Naruto nor Hinata noticed or cared.
 
 
“Congratulation, Naruto! Or should I say Hokage-sama?” Tenten said.
 
 
Neji also said “Congratulation, Hokage-sama.”
 
 
Hinata pulled her head back and asked “So, what were the results?”
 
 
Naruto held Hinata by the waist and answered “Well, I didn't get all the votes. I only got four-fifths so I still have some work to do but I will win them over with time.”
 
 
Giving him a hug Hinata said “I know you will.”
 
 
Then Tenten spoke up “Hey, I hate to interrupt this moment but isn't it time for you two to get married?”
 
 
Naruto replied “Hey, that's right. What are we waiting for?” and grabbing Hinata by the hand he dragged Hinata out of the restaurant.
 
 
Tenten called out “Wait for us.” and then remembered saying “Hey, they didn't pay for their meal.”
 
 
Neji stood and pulling a number of coins from his pocket, dropped them on the table and just said “Let's go.”
 
 
Naruto stood in Gaara's office with Neji and Gaara waiting for Hinata to finishing dressing in the next room. Hinata and Naruto had already signed the marriage license prepared by a Suna clerk that Gaara had requested to come to his office. Naruto was wearing a black kimono with hakama which he had purchased in Konoha for the occasion. This color was not his first choice as he had looked hard for a ready made kimono with orange in it. He couldn't special order one as that would have been suspicious so he had to settle for plain black.
 
 
He thought “That's just wrong! I mean NOBODY carries a kimono with orange in it?”
 
 
He didn't want the kimono to be totally orange but orange was a great color that went with anything as far as he was concerned. His musings were interrupted when the door to the anteroom opened and in walked Tenten and Temari. Tenten left the door open as she and Temari took their places by Neji and Gaara. After a few moments, with all eyes on the door, in walked Hinata dressed in her white wedding kimono. Hinata's hair was styled in the bunkin-takashimada style and adorned with beautiful gold combs and accessories. On her head she wore a tsuno kakushi (white wedding hood) which was meant to hide two front golden `tsuno' (horns) ornaments during the wedding ceremony to symbolize her obedience to her husband. Hinata was smiling as she walked in and approached Naruto who was also smiling brightly.
 
 
When she reached Naruto's side he said “You look beautiful”.
 
 
As they both turned towards Gaara, Hinata suddenly grabbed Naruto by the arm and pulled him over to the far corner of the room. Gaara, Temari, Neji and Tenten looked at each other in surprise and then just followed Naruto and Hinata with their eyes.
 
 
When the couple reached the corner Naruto was filled with confusion and worry as he asked “Hinata, what's wrong?”
 
 
Hinata looked at Naruto with anxious filled eyes and said “Please Naruto-kun, tell me the truth. Are you marrying me because you want to or to save me from the Cage Bird Seal?”
 
 
Relaxing Naruto smiled and said “Hinata, when has anybody ever made Uzumaki Naruto do something he didn't want to do?”
 
 
Relief filled Hinata as she knew the answer to that question; ”Never”.
 
 
Then Naruto added “Besides, if I just wanted to protect you from the Cage Bird Seal, I would just go over to the Council and kick everyone's asses.”
 
 
Hinata giggled because she knew that was true.
 
 
So Naruto said “Come on, now. They are waiting. Let's get married.”
 
 
Hinata replied “Okay” and together they returned and stood before Gaara.
 
 
The wedding ceremony itself was rather short. Gaara read from a book about the sanctity of marriage and then Temari pour sake into a cup and handed it to Naruto. Naruto took a sip and then handed the cup to Hinata who also took a sip and then she gave the cup back to Naruto. They repeated this ritual a total of three times and then handed the cup to the rest of the wedding party who also took a sip.
 
 
It was at this time that Hinata said “Wait. Naruto and I also want to follow a western tradition of exchanging rings.”
 
 
Then Naruto pulled out Hinata's wedding ring from a pouch in his kimono sleeve. The wedding ring was really a combination of the engagement ring and wedding band. The wedding band was twice as wide as the engagement ring with a notch down the middle. It was adorned with two diamonds in such a way that when the engagement ring was placed in the notch so that the finger holes were aligned, the whole ring consisted of the blue sapphire surrounded by a diamond at the top, bottom, left and right.
 
 
Placing the ring on Hinata's finger he said “Hinata, you were the first to see the good in me when others didn't. You believed in me even when I doubted myself. You are what I have been seeking all my life and I want to keep you in my life forever.”
 
 
Hinata turned to Tenten who handed her the ring they found while shopping for Hinata's wedding kimono.
 
 
Hinata placed the ring on Naruto's finger while saying “Where ever you go, I will go too. Where ever you make your bed, I will sleep too. Your food is my food. Your breath is my breath. Your life is my life, now and forever.”
 
 
Naruto and Hinata stared into each other's eyes waiting and waiting and waiting. Then everyone's eyes turned towards Gaara in expectation.
 
 
Gaara looked back and asked “What?”
 
 
Temari slapped her forehead and then leaned closer to Gaara and said “You're supposed to say `You may now kiss the bride'.”
 
 
Gaara turned to her and said “Why? They are married now. He can kiss her anytime he wants to. He doesn't need my permission.”
 
 
Temari sighed and replied “Just say it, okay?”
 
 
Gaara shrugged and turning towards the couple said “You may now kiss the bride.”
 
 
Hinata tilted her head back and leaned into Naruto's kiss and though it only lasted ten seconds it felt like forever and too short at the same time.
 
 
After congratulations were offered all around Temari poured the rest of the sake into cups and passed them around saying “To the Uzumakis, may they live a long and prosperous life.”
 
 
Hinata noticed that Tenten didn't drink from her cup. Now Tenten wasn't a lush but Hinata knew that Tenten could sometime match Anko when they went bar hopping. The more she thought about it the more she realized that Tenten didn't swallow while sipping the sake during the ceremony. Nor did Tenten drink any alcohol during their trip to Suna. At first Hinata just thought that Tenten didn't want to drink while on escort duty but now it seems to be something else.
 
 
Hinata was brought out of her musings when Naruto said “Well I'm tired and we need to get back to Konoha by eight tomorrow. So…”
 
 
Tenten laughed and said “That is the worst excuse I have ever heard. You just want to start your wedding night.”
 
 
Hinata blushed when she heard that comment and there was a tinge on Naruto's cheeks also but he replied “No, it's the truth. When Tsunade baa-chan dismissed my clone she told it she didn't want to interrupt my wedding night so get back to Konoha by eight the next morning”.
 
 
“You told Tsunade-sama about your plans?” Hinata asked.
 
 
“I had to, Hinata. How else was I would I be able to go to the Wave Country for three days. Also she made it possible for us to travel to Suna. As a matter of fact she helped me get your rings” Naruto replied.
 
 
Temari jumped on that statement and said “I knew it! I knew he had to have had help picking out that ring.”
 
 
Sounding a little indignant Naruto retorted “Hey, all she did was have the jeweler bring a set of rings to her office so I wouldn't be seen by any Hyuuga spies. I picked those rings out myself.”
 
 
“It doesn't matter either way, Naruto-kun, I still love them” Hinata said.
 
 
Tenten said “Anyway, Naruto, it is three days to Konoha from here so how are you going to travel that distance so quickly?”
 
 
“I have my ways” Naruto replied “and I will tell you about it tomorrow.”
 
 
“Oh, Tenten, if you don't mind, could you bunk with Neji tonight? We'd like to have the Hyuuga suite to ourselves” Naruto added.
 
 
Tenten grinned and said “Don't worry about it. Being old teammates, Neji and I can handle the situation.”
 
 
“Thanks, we'll meet in front of the hotel in the morning” Naruto replied, and then picking Hinata up bridal style, he leapt out the window and headed for the hotel.
 
 
Hinata couldn't believe it. Here she was on her wedding night, in the bathroom of a suite, putting on a sheer nightgown while Naruto-kun waited in the bedroom. She and Naruto-kun were married and it was their wedding night! When she left the bathroom the light had been turned low and Naruto-kun was on the bed. While Naruto-kun lay on his side towards her clad only in a robe she stood before him in a silk nightgown, open at the neck and slowly coming together just below her navel and opening again around her right thigh as her leg was position just in front of her left leg. As she walked towards the bed Hinata suddenly stopped and looked around.
 
 
Curious, Naruto said “Is something wrong, Hinata?”
 
 
Hinata recomposed herself and replied “Uh, no nothings wrong. It's just that all this seems familiar. It's like we've done this before.”
 
 
Naruto smiled and said “Impossible, because I could never forget what I'm looking at right now.”
 
 
Hinata returned his smile and moved closer. When she reached the bed she put one knee on it, both hands close to Naruto and leaned to kiss him lightly on the lips.
 
 
When she pulled back Naruto said softly said “Are you comfortable now?” Hinata breathe a reply “Mmmm, very.”
 
 
So Naruto reached up and pulled on the sash holding Hinata's gown together such that the front of her gown fell open. As soon as Naruto got a good look at her body he could only whisper “Wow.”
 
 
The next morning the Uzumakis were up by seven. Actually they never went to sleep but nobody else had to know that. Naruto and Hinata met Neji, Tenten, Gaara and Temari at the front of the hotel as promised.
 
 
Temari smirked and said “Did you enjoy your night?”
 
 
Hinata smiled while a blush encompassed her face and replied “Yes, it was wonderful.”
 
 
Then Tenten interrupted saying “Okay Naruto, how are going to get to Konoha in half an hour?”
 
 
Naruto smiled and answered “Remember, I said I had a Plan B?”
 
 
Tenten nodded saying “Go On.”
 
 
Naruto replied “Well if I hadn't won the election for Hokage I was going to use my father's last name for our wedding.”
 
 
Hinata beamed with happiness and said “Oh Naruto-kun, you found out who your father is?”
 
 
Naruto smiled back and said “Yes, but I didn't want to use it because Uzumaki was my mother's name and it is one of the few things I have that was hers alone. Instead of being Uzumaki Hinata you would have been called Namikaze Hinata.”
 
 
The silence around the group was deafening. Gaara didn't recognize the name. The name sounded familiar to Temari but she couldn't quite place it. Hinata, Neji and Tenten were stunned.
 
 
Tenten found her voice first and said “You're a Namikaze? Like in `Namikaze Minato?' Like in `The Yellow Flash' Namikaze Minato? “LIKE IN `THE FREAKIN' FOURTH HOKAGE?'”
 
 
The term `Yellow Flash' brought recognition to Temari and she too was stunned.
 
 
Naruto nodded and said “Yep, he's my father. And I think that using my father's name would have allowed Hinata to marry into my clan.”
 
 
“Naruto-kun, when did you find out about your parents?” Hinata asked.
 
 
“Actually I found out while I was fighting Pein but it's a long story which I will explain later.” Naruto replied.
 
 
Then Tenten asked “If you knew back then why didn't you tell anyone?”
 
 
Naruto replied “I worked hard for my recognition from the villagers of Konoha. When I became Hokage I wanted it to be because Uzumaki Naruto deserved it not because Uzumaki Naruto was the son of the Fourth Hokage.”
 
 
Neji gave a small chuckle and said “When you first revealed that you were the fourth's son I was thinking about all your speeches about `how one was born didn't determined their fate in life' and yet with that one argument you have reinforced my faith in you, Hokage-sama.”
 
 
Naruto replied “Hey Neji, you don't have to call me that. We're friends.”
 
 
Tenten replied “He's right, you know, so you better get used to being called `Hokage-sama', Hokage-sama.”
 
 
Naruto sighed saying “Oh no, not you too!”
 
 
Tenten giggled as did Hinata and Temari and she said “So how are you going to get back to Konoha in time?”
 
 
Naruto replied “I am going to use my father's `Hiraishin no Jutsu'. It's a technique that can move me from one spot to another in the blink of an eye. I wasn't sure if it would work at this distance so on the way here I left seals at all the inns we stopped at. Sorry Neji, Tenten, you guys are going to have to travel back the long way. Don't forget Hinata's clothes and don't worry about my wares, they're toys for the Suna orphans.”
 
 
Neji and Tenten replied “Yes, Hokage-sama.”
 
 
Naruto just rolled his eyes and turned to Temari and said “Thank you for coming to my defense when you thought Hinata was marrying someone else.”
 
 
“My brother has a lot of admirers but he doesn't have many friends so I will do all I can to protect the ones he has.” she replied and then she hugged both Naruto and Hinata.
 
 
Hinata bowed to Temari and said “Thank you very much for all you have done, Temari-san.”
 
 
“You're welcome, Uzumaki-san” Temari replied with a wink.
 
 
Naruto moved towards Gaara and said “I have told you before I don't like saying goodbye so consider this an invitation to come to Konoha, extended from one Kage to another Kage.”
 
 
Gaara took Naruto's extended hand and shook it saying “From one friend to another friend.”
 
 
When Naruto moved away from Gaara Hinata came up to Gaara, bowed and said “Thank you very much for all you have done for us, Gaara-sama.”
 
 
“You are good for him. Keep him well” Gaara replied.
 
 
Hinata answered “I shall.”
 
 
When Hinata stepped away from Gaara Naruto picked her up bridal style. He turned to Tenten and Neji saying “See you guys in Konoha in five days” and disappeared.
 
 
The trip to Konoha went relatively quickly as Naruto had to pause a while between jumps so that Hinata could recover from her first time experience with space-time movement. The only incident happened when they appeared in one the rooms at the last inn and interrupted a couple in an amorous position. When they arrived at Naruto's apartment Hinata had one arm around Naruto's neck as her other hand was covering her eyes.
 
 
“Are we home yet? Can I open my eyes now?” she asked.
 
 
Naruto answered “Yeah, we're home.”
 
 
As Naruto placed Hinata down she asked “Naruto-kun, what just happened?”
 
 
Naruto put his right hand behind his head and nervously chuckled while saying “At the first place we stopped I couldn't find a place for the seal where no one would disturb it. So I placed it under the tabletop near the bed. Well, I guess I had better be more careful where I place the seal in the future.”
 
 
Hinata gave a small smile and said “Yes, that would be wise.”
 
 
Just then six Kage Bushins entered the living room from the bedroom and in unison said “Hey you're back! Did it work? Are we married now?”
 
 
Naruto grinned saying “Yep, and now its time to go greet my people” and with that he dismissed all his clones and grabbing Hinata's hand said “Let's go”.
 
 
Naruto and Hinata raced through the village traveling via the rooftops in order to avoid being delayed by the general population. They arrived at the Hokage Tower five minutes late. Naruto and Hinata burst into Tsunade's office not to find her sleeping at her desk but standing in front of it fuming.
 
 
“You're late!” she stated.
 
 
Hinata took the initiative and stepped forward, bowed and said “Sorry, Tsunade-sama, but we were up late celebrating last night.”
 
 
This forward admission from sweet shy Hinata caught Tsunade off-guard and her demeanor changed.
 
 
“So, you went and did it. You got married, didn't you?” she said smiling.
 
 
Hinata blushed, showed Tsunade her ring and said “Yes, Tsunade-sama.”
 
 
Tsunade held out her arms and said “Congratulations” and then gave Hinata a gentle hug.
 
 
After releasing Hinata she turned to Naruto and said “Come here, gaki.”
 
 
When Naruto got closer Tsunade pulled him into a deep hug also however thirty seconds later Naruto was gasping “Can't breathe, can't breathe.”
 
 
Releasing Naruto Tsunade said “I am so happy for the both of you and I want to hear all about it but right now I have an announcement to make so follow me.”
 
 
Tsunade led Naruto and Hinata down two flights of stairs which led to a room on the lower level of the Hokage Tower. This room had a balcony which overlooked the plaza below. A plaza filled with anxious people awaiting news of the election results.
 
 
Tsunade told Naruto “Stay here and wait until I call your name” and then she walked out onto the balcony.
 
 
Tsunade held up her hands and said “People of Konoha, last night the Jounins voted for the new Hokage. Of all the eligible candidates only one received eighty percent of the votes. The winner and new Hokage of Konohagakure no Sato is Uzumaki Naruto!”
 
 
The roar of the crowd was thunderous. Oh, to be sure, there were people who were shocked at the choice but their protests were drowned out by the multitude of cheers rising from the majority.
 
 
As the chants of “Naruto” rang in the air Naruto stepped out on to the balcony and waved his hand smiling. Then he motioned for the crowd to quiet down.
 
 
After the noise had lowered he said “People of Konoha, you don't know how much this means to me. I have always had faith that one day you would see me for myself and recognize that I also loved this Village. Though I know I haven't convinced all of you, I know that over time you will see that I want to protect our home as much as you do.”
 
 
The roar of the crowd grew and the chants of `Naruto' started up again.
 
 
This time Tsunade moved forward and raised her hands saying “The coronation will be held in one week so we can have a real celebration. Thank you all for coming”.
 
 
Naruto was caught off guard by this statement and as Tsunade returned to the room he followed and asked “Why next week? Why can't we have it now?”
 
 
“Don't worry, Naruto, you're still the Hokage” Tsunade replied.
 
 
“It just that it takes a lot of time to set up a village-wide celebration. The security, coordination of events, games for the children and the food preparations all have to be allocated from the village budget.” she continued.
 
 
“These are the type of things you will have to deal with now that you're the Hokage. Plus there are thing I have to brief you on that are `For the Hokage's Eyes Only” and I only have a week to do it. Once the coronation is done I don't plan on ever stepping foot in this office again. Oh, don't worry, if you need some advice I will always be available but we will be meeting anywhere but here” Tsunade said.
 
 
“Besides it will take a week for the tailors to make your Hokage robe and hat. Each Hokage gets their own set of robes and hat; the tailors will have to measure the size of your big head to make sure your hat fits correctly. One size does not fit all, gaki” Tsunade added.
 
 
Naruto crossed his arms and muttered “I know. I would get lost inside a robe big enough to cover those two things”.
 
 
Tsunade turned towards Naruto and bellowed “WHAT DID YOU SAY?”
 
 
Naruto cringed and back away saying “I said `It's time to go meet your father, Hinata'” and grabbing Hinata's hand they both leapt out the window and sprinted towards the Hyuuga estates.
 
 
When Naruto and Hinata arrived at the Hyuuga compound they paused for a moment a few yards away from the front entrance.
 
 
Naruto looked at Hinata and said “I have this all figured out so let me do the talking, okay?”
 
 
Hinata gripped Naruto's hand tighter and replied “Okay.”
 
 
Then, walking hand in hand, the couple approached the guards in front of main gate and Naruto said “Uzumaki Naruto, Rokudaime Hokage of Konohagakure no Sato and Hyuuga Hinata would like an audience with the Council of Elders regarding a very important matter.”
 
 
The first guard replied “Yes, Hokage-sama” as both guards bowed and then he left to deliver the message.
 
 
A minute later the guard returned followed by a branch member who motioned for them to please follow him.
 
 
The branch member directed them to a waiting room and said “Please be seated Hokage-sama, Hinata-sama. I am humbly sorry but it will take about fifteen minutes for the Council to assemble. Do you have any requests until then?”
 
 
Naruto said “No, this is fine.”
 
 
So the servant bowed and left the room. Naruto and Hinata sat quietly the entire time with Hinata occasionally re-gripping his hand. Sitting quietly and waiting has never been Naruto's forte but the stakes were high and he wasn't about to tip his hand by talking in case anyone was listening.
 
 
When fifteen minutes had passed the servant returned and said “The Council has assembled, Hokage-sama.”
 
 
Both Naruto and Hinata rose and were led into the Council chambers were Naruto had stood before as Nori. The Council members took notice that Naruto was holding Hinata hand as a small murmur moved through the chamber.
 
 
Naruto started “Council of Elders I am here to request that you perform a wedding ceremony for Hinata and me.”
 
 
The murmur rose again but this time Hyuuga Zinan spoke aloud, “Our new Hokage wishes to flex his wings and already he oversteps his bounds.”
 
 
Then Zinan spoke directly to Naruto was false sincerity “I am so sorry, Hokage-sama, but Hyuuga Hinata has already been betrothed to another. It seems that no one has taught you that you have no power over internal Clan affairs”.
 
 
Naruto replied “Oh, are you referring to Kajou Nori?” and then Naruto henged into Nori and with Nori's voice said “The Hyuuga Clan is renowned for its business acumen and to be allowed an opportunity to even be considered as a member is an honor in itself.”
 
 
At that moment all the members were in an uproar.
 
 
Zinan rose to his feet and pointed at Hiashi and said “This is all your doing. You planned all of this.”
 
 
Naruto changed back into himself and said “You wish! This bastard was taken in just like the rest of you. When I showed him my financial records he was drooling like a starving dog in front of a butcher's window just like the rest of you. You couldn't wait to get your hands on my money. If I were a five year old you still would have given me permission to court Hinata.”
 
 
Zinan picked up on the remark about the financial report and said “That report is proof of his involvement right there. You could not have faked all those assets unless someone was backing you.”
 
 
Naruto just grinned and replied “Those assets are real and my `grandfather Yoshi' did leave them to me. You see Kajou Yoshi is an alias of the Sannin Jiraiya, the Toad Sage. He used that name and others while gathering information for the Village. Those assets were his and since he treated me like a `grandson', he left them to me when he died.”
 
 
“That's impossible” raged Zinan “the timberlands of the Wave Country are family owned.”
 
 
“Oh” thought Naruto “that's what they were interested in.”
 
 
Naruto replied “All I know about the Wave Country land is that Jiraiya-sensei was given some land for saving some bigwig family member.”
 
 
“All those facts may be true but that still doesn't give you the right to enter these estates and demand that we let you wed one of our members, especially a possible heiress” Zinan retorted.
 
 
Naruto chuckled.
 
 
“We didn't come here to ask your permission to marry” Naruto replied.
 
 
“I asked that you have a wedding ceremony for Hinata and me on the estates. We don't need your permission to marry as we are already married” Naruto said while holding up Hinata's hand to expose her wedding band.
 
 
Though rings were not a part of the Hyuuga wedding ritual, all of them understood its meaning.
 
 
Zinan was irate and shouted “This is an outrage! When did this happen?”
 
 
Naruto simply replied “Last night.”
 
 
Zinan's anger subsided and he actually started to chuckle as he said “Well then that makes you a member of this clan since the election results weren't announced until this morning, Hyuuga Naruto-sama, and as such you will do as we say unless you want your wife to suffer.”
 
 
Naruto just laughed.
 
 
This started to irritate Zinan who finally asked “What's so funny?”
 
 
“The law states that the new Hokage is selected after the results have been counted. The announcement happened this morning but Tsunade-sama had the results last night. As soon as I was notified that I had won, Hinata and I were married” Naruto replied.
 
 
Zinan didn't like the way this argument was going.
 
 
The demon seemed to have all the answers so he snarled saying “So, you kidnapped our heiress and tricked some lowly holy man to marry you. That's illegal in this country. We have every right to have it annulled.”
 
 
Naruto grinned and said “Actually we were married in Suna. The ceremony was performed by the Kazekage with two Konoha Jounins as witnesses.”
 
 
“Ah ha! I've got you, demon. There is no way you could have gotten married last night in Suna and returned to Konoha this morning. The Hidden Village of Suna is three days away even by the fastest ninja. You have finally caught yourself in your own lies.”
 
 
“I was able to use a technique of my father to travel the distance. Some of you may have heard of him. He was known as `Konoha's Yellow Flash'” Naruto replied.
 
 
The stunned hush was short-lived as Zinan shouted “Blasphemy! This demon's spawn desecrates our beloved Hokage's name by claiming parentage. He should be killed on the spot!”
 
 
As soon as the last word left his lips Zinan felt a presence behind him and a voice at his ear saying “I let the first insult pass, but I am still your Hokage and I demand respect.”
 
 
As Naruto said the last three words he let go a killing intent so cold the entire room started to shiver. The Hyuuga guards on duty couldn't believe their eyes as Naruto was already behind Hyuuga Zinan before they even saw his body twitch.
 
 
Zinan was so scared he was fighting hard not to soil himself as he stuttered “Y-y-ye-ye-yes, Hokage-s-s-sa-sama.”
 
 
When Naruto returned to his position beside Hinata he said “Tsunade-sama, Jiraiya-sensei, Sandaime Hokage, and Hatake Kakashi knew who my father was but I was given my mother's name to protect me from my father's enemies. Now, this is what is going to happen. You are going to give Hinata a wedding worthy of the Hyuuga heiress, not because she wants one but because she deserves it. You will do this because news of our marriage will come out. So either you can have your social reputation damaged as rumors fly about how the Hyuuga heiress hated her clan so much that she would rather sneak off into the night and elope than rule this `great' clan. Or you can have your reputation enhanced with rumors that the Hyuuga clan is of such a high prestige that the Hokage of Konoha wanted to marry a member. Now the wedding will happen in thirty days and Hinata will stay here to maintain the myth.”
 
 
Hyuuga Zinan was still shivering and seemed to be at a loss for words so another Elder said “But Hokage-sama, a wedding of this caliber will take longer than thirty days to organize.”
 
 
“Well, Elders, then you have a problem because at the end of thirty days Hinata will be moving into the Namikaze estates with me.” Naruto replied.
 
 
The Council of Elders just looked at each other in hopelessness and so Naruto said “It would be best if the ceremony was held outside because I invited Gamabunta, the Boss Toad, and his sons to the wedding and we wouldn't want anyone to get squished now would we? Now, if you will excuse us, Hinata and I have a lot celebrating to do with our friends.”
 
 
Taking Hinata's hand Naruto moved to leave the chamber but stopped in front of Hiashi and said “I will try to have her home by midnight, 'Dad'. We don't want to have a scandal, do we?”
 
 
However when Hinata's eyes met her father's eyes she mouthed the words “Thank you” and then the couple headed for the chamber doors.
 
 
Just before they left Naruto turned to the Council members and said “Oh, before I forget. It is an act of treason, punishable by death to act against the Hokage and his family.”
 
 
After the couple had left the chambers Hiashi turned to the Council and said “Excuse me, gentlemen, but it seems I have a wedding to plan.”
 
 
Outside Hinata asked Naruto “Did you just use `Hiraishin no Jutsu' in there?”
 
 
Naruto grinned saying “Yep, scared the crap out of them didn't it?”
 
 
Hinata's curiosity was peaked and she asked “How?”
 
 
“When I first came here as Nori I brought each member a ring as a gift. I had the jeweler etch the Hiraishin seal beneath the stone of each ring. As a matter of fact your engagement ring has the same seal beneath its sapphire so that if there is ever any trouble I can be by your side instantly” he answered.
 
 
Hinata feigned being indignant and asked “Are you saying I can't take care of myself?”
 
 
Naruto leaned in and kissed her on the nose and replied “No, I just get a kick out of watching you kicking someone's ass. Now come on `wife', let's get out of here.”
 
 
Hinata smiled and said “Yes `husband', let's go.”
 
 
The wedding was held in thirty days in an open area of the Hyuuga estates and Gamabunta and his sons, Gamakichi and Gamatatsu, were present. The entire rookie nine attended as well as Neji, Tenten and Lee. Even Sasuke was released from prison and allowed to attend under close watch from the Anbu. There were representatives from all the great Elemental Countries; Gaara, Temari and Kankuro attended personally. There also a number of nobles and well-to-do who were either personal friends of the couple or sycophants trying to kiss up to the new Hokage.
 
 
Naruto was dressed in his personal Hokage robes and Hinata wore the white wedding kimono she had purchased in Suna. The wedding ceremony was a traditional one and the primary wedding party consisted of Hiashi, Hanabi, Neji, Kurenai, Shino, Kiba and Akamaru on Hinata's side. On Naruto's side there was Sakura, Sasuke, Tsunade, and Iruka. Just behind Naruto's party were three portraits of Minato, Kushina and Jiraiya, five foot high by three foot wide, sitting on easels. Kakashi would have been there but with so many important people in one place he and Guy were in charge of the security.
 
 
When it came time to share a drink from the sake cup with the wedding party, Naruto used Shunshin no Jutsu (Body Flicker Technique) to appear on the rims the large cups Gamabunta, Gamakichi and Gamatatsu had brought and poured some of his sake into theirs. Naruto was gracious enough to pay for the large quantity of sake needed for the large toads. Kiba poured a little of the sake into Akamaru's bowl. After the wedding ceremony Gamabunta, Gamakichi and Gamatatsu bade their farewells and disappeared.
 
 
At the wedding reception Naruto and Hinata sat on a small stage while different guest made speeches about the couple. Hinata had changed into her uchikake, an elaborate rich patterned silk brocade kimono worn over her white kimono for the wedding reception. The colorful uchikake kimono was a stunning imperial purple, embellished with scenes of cranes in flights against a night sky.
 
 
As Hinata sat there her eyes wandered over the crowd looking for friends and family. Her father and Hanabi were seated close to the stage as expected however the Council of Elders and their families were also seated close. She spotted the table where Kurenai-sensei sat with Asumakuzu, who was fidgeting as any little four year old would do from boredom; Kurenai-sensei seemed to have her hands full. At the same table sat Shino and a young lady at Shino's side that Hinata didn't recognize and Kiba; Akamaru lay at Kiba's feet. Shino hadn't mentioned the young lady the last time they met for lunch so Hinata wondered if this was serious or not. Kiba was alone but Hinata knew that this was not for long.
 
 
Kiba had a reputation as a `player' since he would date a lot of women but wouldn't commit to any. One of the benefits of having a sharp sense of smell was that Kiba could always tell when a woman was interested in him. The pheromone a person gives off when in an amorous mood is easily picked up by Kiba's sensitive nostrils. While in a conversation with a woman if the topic seems to disinterest her, he would adjust the flow of the conversation until he was sure she wanted him.
 
 
Hinata supposed that it was this keen sense of smell which caused Tsunade to send Kiba on a mission during Naruto's masquerade. The rest of the Inuzuka clan could not have cared less about who Hinata was dating. But if Kiba had met Nori Hinata was sure he would have figured out the deception and would have wanted to know what was going on and that might have ruined Naruto's and her father's plans.
 
 
Continuing her scan of the room Hinata spotted Ino and Chouji sitting with their fathers Inoichi and his wife, Choza and his wife and Shikamaru's dad, Shikaku and his wife Yoshino. At the table next to them sat Shikamaru, Temari, Gaara with a female companion and someone Hinata assumed was Kankuro but it was hard to tell since he wasn't wearing his makeup. Kankuro had a female companion next to him. Hinata didn't know who Kankuro's companion was but Gaara's companion looked like his office assistant Matsuri.
 
 
As Hinata scanned the room some more she found Sakura and Sasuke sitting at a table with Tsunade, Shizune, Iruka and Anko? Now there was a pair she hadn't expected. It seemed that Anko was busy trying to get Iruka to drink more alcohol than he wanted. Hinata was sure Anko had something in mind for Iruka later that night. Sakura and Sasuke were talking with Shizune, well Sakura was doing most of the talking, and Tsunade appeared to be enjoying her sake.
 
 
Speaking of sake, Hinata started searching for one person in particular and found her sitting at a table with her teammates Neji and Lee. Neji didn't drink much and Lee was forbidden but Hinata's interest was in Tenten. It looked as if Tenten's glass had a liquid in it but Hinata wasn't sure. She could see that there wasn't a sake container on the table but that could have been for Lee's benefit. She suspected that she knew the reason why Tenten wasn't drinking alcohol but that wasn't confirmed until two months later when Tenten could no longer hide her pregnancy.
 
 
Tenten did not reveal who the father was until after Hinata and Naruto had repaired the division between the Hyuuga Main family and the Branch family. A month after that Neji and Tenten were married and some time later Tenten would confess to Hinata that, had the Hyuuga household remained divided, she was never going to reveal the baby's father. If the baby had been born with Neji's eyes she was going to use genjutsu to masked the baby's eyes. She had talked to Sakura about it and had found out that if the genjutsu was confined to a small area then even a genjutsu expert would not notice it if there was no reason to be suspicious. These were things Hinata would not learn about until later so right now she thought she would just wait until Tenten was ready to let everyone in on her secret.
 
 
Hinata was happy. She was married to the man she loved for most of her life; she discovered that her father truly loved her and she was surrounded by friends who truly wished her well. She had achieved another one of the goals she had planned for her life and though it wasn't the last it was certainly the biggest one. She knew she still needed to fix the division in her clan and she would start on it as soon as she could but right now everything seemed to be falling into place and life couldn't be sweeter. She felt Naruto squeeze her hand and as he leaned over…….
 
 
The cessation of sucking caused Hinata to return to the present. As she looked down at the little bundle she had been nursing, resting on the pillow in her lap, she said “Done already?”
 
 
Two pale white eyes with irises which were barely discernable looked under the protection of red eyebrows. The eyebrows matched the little shafts of hair on a head that had not filled in yet. As little fingers grasped at nothing in the air Hinata caressed the back of the baby's hand brushing against the small wrist band with the name `Kushina' engraved on it. The wrist band had a two fold purpose because not only was it a sign of identification but it also held the `Hiraishin no Jutsu' seal that all Uzumaki children wore somewhere upon their bodies. While Hinata was admiring her baby a soft knock came from the closed door.
 
 
“Come in” Hinata said.
 
 
When the door slid opened five more kids of varying ages from thirteen to two came through.
 
 
Mine, the oldest, said “Breakfast is finished, Mom, and now everybody wants to play with Kushina.”
 
 
Hinata looked at her eldest, who had helped by watching the other children during her pregnancy, with pride and said “Well, she just had her breakfast so I think it will be alright.”
 
 
All the children moved towards the bed forming a semi-circle on Hinata's right side. As the children all made funny faces at Kushina, trying to get her to laugh, Hinata thought about each one. Mine was a genin and though she didn't graduate at the top of her class she had done very well. Her problem was that she was the adventurous one and didn't like being cooped up in class. Hinata figured she got that from her father.
 
 
Kiyoshi was the studious one and though he was still at the academy, he looked like he was headed to make top honors when he graduated. Minato would be eight years old this month and as he grew Hinata thought he looked more and more like his father with that mop of unruly blond hair. Then there was Hiashi at age five, who was always trying to tell his sibling how they should do things, even the older ones. Lastly there was little Iruka at two years, who was just beginning to understand that he was no longer the baby of the family.
 
 
While the kids gurgled and cooed at Kushina, Hinata asked “Mine, did your father get off to work okay?”
 
 
“Yes, Mom. He made some comment about having to decide some clan's dispute over land ownership and then took off” she replied.
 
 
“Okay, now make sure that Kiyoshi and Minato get off to school on time and don't let them forget their lunches” Hinata said.
 
 
“Don't worry I will, Mom” Mine replied.
 
 
Then while still looking at Mine, Hinata said “Iruka, don't you dare touch that daifuki. You already ate your breakfast.”
 
 
All the other children turned to look at Iruka who was hidden behind Hiashi and trying to take a daifuki off a tray on Hinata's bedside stand.
 
 
Iruka looked at Hinata, crossed his little arms in annoyance and pouting said “How you see? Bak `un not on.”
 
 
Hinata replied “I don't need my Byakugan turned on to know when you are doing something you shouldn't.”
 
 
Mine giggled and the other kids nodded in agreement when each thought about their own experience with what they called `Mama's Invisible Byakugan'. In actuality Hinata had noticed Iruka's actions in a reflection off the silver jewelry case on her dressing table. The other incidences occurred because Hinata could read their body languages and knew just what her children would do in certain situations. But if believing in the `Invisible Byakugan' kept her children out of trouble who was she to dispel the myth.
 
 
As Hinata looked at the still pouting Iruka she thought “It wouldn't matter if I became a Namikaze or a Uzumaki, I wouldn't wish it to be any different.”