Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Plan ❯ Chapter Five: Step Two Part One! Ino's Great Plan! ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Plan

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto...

Note: This was originally set a year after Sasuke left in the manga, except I decided (as I had only done it to age characters that I didn't know had already aged) that it is set a few month afterwards...

~~~

Chapter 4: Step Two Part One! Ino's Great Plan!

AKA: Hokage Buffet


~~~

"Ino..." Naruto said sleepily as he opened his covers to lay down. "You got a plan yet?"

Recently, a new hole had found it's way to the separating wall between Ino and Naruto's rooms, courtesy of Ino's kunai. She had decided that it would be better if they could talk while they were in different rooms. When Naruto brought the subject of her parents, she put a poster over hers and told Naruto to keep his pillow over his...

But lately it had been really sannoying, because he might fall asleep in the middle of a sentance, or bugging her when she was annoyed. This was one of those times.

"Yes, I have a WONDERful plan, a BEAUtiful plan... I'll tell you tomorrow, now shut up!" Ino replied in a stressed whisper.

"Okay, I'll just read yhis book Kakashi-sensei lent me..."

"NO! Naruto, don't you dare bring that kind of book into MY house..."

"I'm kidding!" Naruto said quickly. "I'm not interested. Besides, if I wanted one, Ero-sennin would probably give me one free... He writes them, you know, Ino..."

"You're SENSEI's the authour of those crude, degrading books!?" Ino hissed. "How can you... I always KNEW you were a pervert! With your 'Sexy no Jutsu'..."

"That's insulting, Ino! I use that AGAINST perverts... Ero-sennin just HAPPENS to be one...." Naruto sighed.

"Go to sleep, Naruto..."

~~~

Naruto awoke with a finger poking into his forehead. It hurt... He opened his eyes. "Ino!? Why are you in my room?" He asked, annoyed.

"I've got an idea, and I need you!" Her voice dropped to a whisper. "Meet me in the park at noon..."

"Ok, Ino... I need my shower now..." He dashed for the bathroom, and shut the door quickly.

"Damn, Naruto..." Ino muttered.

~~~

-Later in the park-

'Okay, Ino... let's go over the plan...' she thought to herself, then looked at a sheet. "Perfect... Ahhh, Naruto! Go to Hokage Place (a fancy restaurant), reserve two seats at table 11, 'kay?" Ino looked at him, wondering, 'Can he do this without scewing up?'

"Ah, Ino..."

"You're paying for the food..."

"Awww..."Naruto groaned. "Why am I-"

"Because I need you to for this to work, oKAY!?" Ino was getting frustrated.

"Okay, Ino..." he muttered, and wandered off.

"Man, have I got a plan... Sasuke's one weakness... It makes me feel so bad to do this, but..." Ino smiled sadly. "It's all for a fated destiny, right? Okay, now..."

~~~

Sakura walked up to her door, picking up the mail on the way. "Mmmm... I'm gonna have pork ramen tonight since mum'n dad are out... Whoa, I think Naruto's starting to rub off on me... What?" Sakura's hand rested on a small slip of paper, between the stark white envelopes. "A note? Hmmm..."

Sakura - Meet me at Hokage Place at 7:30 - Table 11 - Sasuke

"Yeah, that is something Sasuke would do... Wonder why he left it there though... Darn, I'll have to cancel my training with Tenten... Oh well... Beats ramen..." She said cheerily to herself, stepping into her house and smiling.

~~~

"You're CANCELLING!? WHY- Oh, thing with Sasuke, I see... WEll, have a nice date, I suppose..." Tenten said to her friend through the phone. "Bye, Sakura!" Hanging up, Tenten was stumped. "Guess I'll have to call Neji!" She shrugged, secretly pleased and hoping for an affirmative. Picking up the phone, she dialed the Hyuga number. "Ah, hello...Is Neji-sama there?"

~~~

Sakura, all prettied up, shook her hairt and walked into the fancy restaurant. Heading to her table, she sat down and helped herself to a crumpet, after telling the server about the reservation she hoped Sasuke'd made. Where was he?

"Ahhh, Ino, you're he- Sakura-chan?" Naruto's voice came from her left, surprised and sorta confused.

"Naruto-kun? Where's Sasuke? And what about Ino?" Sakura shook her head to clear it, then looked at her teammate for answers.

"Ahhh..." Naruto scratched his head, looking embarrassed. "Ino told me we'd celebrated her sword training...We've been at it for a week, so I didn't think... Sakura-chan, why're you here?"

"Sasuke sent me a note, this table and everything..." Sakura said, holding it out.

"That's funny, Ino gave me one too..." he held one out similar to her's.

"Well, I'm pretty good at knowing people's handwriting, and I have a good idea these are authentic, since I know Sasuke's and Ino's writing..." Sakura pondered.

"Sakura, don't worry... I'll buy you dinner, since you're already here!" Naruto exclaimed, smiling.

"...Okay, Naruto, but... Sasuke..."

"Doesn't need to know. Besides, it's just us, and you and Sasuke are dating, so it doesn't matter, right?" Naruto cracked a smile. "Pleeeease?"

"Okay, Naruto..." Sakura said with a sigh. He's totally oblivious to the concept of cheating on someone...' she silently mused.

THen, as Naruto yelled for a waiter, she noticed how dressed up he was, for probably the first time in his life... and how cute it was...

Sakura smothered the thought before she found herself blushing. She had a boyfriend, and Naruto was a friend and teammate who had ended up here by some freak accident. 'Are Ino and Sasuke at the same table somewhere?' she thought frantically, then calmed down. Sasuke had admitted to having nothing but minor acknowledge of Ino, and she knew Sasuke wasn't lying. He was a terrible liar...

Naruto, however, could lie like a rug, nice and smooth. He didn't do it much, though, not as much as Sakura had thought. He was usually blunt and to the point, you know? He didn't care if he hurt you're feelings, 'cause why? No-one'd ever given a damn about his....

They arrived at the buffet, and Sakura gasped. Beautiful salads and meats, breads, stews, soups and anything imaginable edible was there. Poor Naruto wouldn't have much money left!

Sakura ate small portions of many thigs, and Naruto at first filled his bowl with ramen, then turned to other things, like shrimp. They both had buns, and Naruto made a shrimp noodle sandwich, and ate it smiling. Sakura thought this was slightly weird, but was amazed. Naruto had manners, if he cared to use them. No slurping (well, a little...) riht fork/knife hands, no table elbows... Sakura was impressed.

And afterwards, he walked her to the door, and they split...