Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess and the Lazy Bum ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Princess and the Lazy Bum
 
 
“Shikamaru” his mother yelled. “I need you to pick up some groceries for me!” Shikamaru rolled his eyes and thought “mother is so troublesome”. Shikamaru sighed and said “Fine be back later”. He got up a headed for the Konoha Super Market.
 
As Shikamaru approached the Market, he picked up a cart and leaned on it while pushing it into the market. As he was walking around absentmindedly, he was thinking about how much he didn't want to be there. Walking around unconsciously, Shikamaru bumped into a melon stand in front of him. “What the hell did you do?” A tall blonde girl on the other side of the cart said angrily. As se turned around, she couldn't believe her eyes. A bag of lettuce and a box of pocky fell put of her hands. “Is it really him?” she thought.
 
“Um, sorry about that” Shikamaru said embarrassed. The girl giggled and started to blush. “You wanna go out for some ramen- Temari?” Shikamaru asked. Temari was astonished at the words he just said. Temari could think of how many ways she could mess this up. All she was one simple answer- “ sure”.
 
Shikamaru motioned his head towards the door and took her out. Temari just kept on staring at him almost bursting out jumping like an eco- maniac because of her joy. They approached a stand on the side of the road that said “Ichiraku Ramen”. Shikamaru made a sharp turn, walking towards the stand. -Clunk- as Shikamaru looked back, he saw Temari on the floor. “Did you see that? She tripped over nothing!' some of the people walking said. Temari was so embarrassed, she was turning red. “Here” Shikamaru reached out his hand to help her up. As soon as Temari got up, Shikamaru and Temari sat down together.
 
While waiting, Shikamaru put his hands behind his head and gazed up at the sky. Temari looked at Shikamaru. She looked up at the sky. She blinked twice and looked up again. Temari really wondered what Shikamaru was looking at. “Hey, that one kinda looks like you” Shikamaru said pointing at a giant, white, fat cloud trying to tease Temari. “Yeah, well that one looks like you” Temari said pointing to an even bigger cloud that Shikamaru had chosen out for her.
 
They just kept on teasing each other until a young lady wearing a white uniform served them two bowls of hot ramen and tea. Shikamaru eyeballed his ramen. He was so hungry that he tore open his chopsticks and automatically started eating like mad.
 
Temari giggled. In an odd way, she was kind of happy that Shikamaru was eating like that. Her stomach growled lowly. Temari flung open her chopsticks and started eating. Just as Shikamaru did.