Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Smiling Mask of ANBU ❯ Prologue- Part 2 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Talking”
(Thinking)
{Kyuubi}
Kyuubi Talking
[Memories]
 
The Smiling White Mask of Anbu
Prologue-Part 2
 
Itachi stared at the boy in front of him. The boy was wearing a dark blue shirt and black jacket with black cargo pants. He hadn't attached the shuriken holder but a black, silver-lined weapons pouch hung from his hip. “You know what your doing correct?”
 
Naruto nodded, “I've got one year in the Academy. After that I either take the Genin test and pass or fail and never become a shinobi. What other kids learn in years I must learn in months. Sounds like fun.”
 
Itachi frowned, (When did Naruto get sarcastic?) he resigned the deep felt urge to sigh. “If you have any problems, come to me. We have no idea what kind of side effects having the Kyuubi in you could cause.” Naruto nodded, “Yeah, sure.”

ThreeWeeksLater-< /u>
 
Naruto yawned briefly, putting his head back in his hand. (I don't think this teacher likes me very much.) He thought, staring at the diagram on the board explaining seals and the most common ones, like exploding tags. He sighed, turning his head to look out the window. The teacher, unfortunately, noticed. “Uzumaki! What is the purpose of circular seals?”
 
Naruto stared at the woman is disdain. (We don't cover that for three more years!) A smirk rested on the woman's lips, thinking she had him. “Circular seals are used for mass compression.” Naruto stated in a dull tone.
 

The woman blinked, “Wha…” The blonde rolled his eyes. “Their used when your trying to fit something very big into something very small.” He restated before turning his attention to back out the window.
 
Naruto sighed, closing his eyes and letting the breeze rustle his hair. When he opened his eyes again he was in a sewer. The halls were long and grey, water dripping from every surface. He blinked. “Okay.”
 
Sighing he began to walk in the only way possible. (The villagers probably threw me in the sewer when I fell asleep. Or jail. That would be just my luck.) Naruto blinked when he came upon a large set of metal bars. “I knew. I just knew it.”
 
He blinked when a large shadow shifted behind the big cage and a large red eye appeared. “Or not…” He trailed off.
 
He frowned when the giant fox in front of him shifted, glowed red, then was replaced by a red-haired, red-eyed human male. They stared at each other in a tense silence till Naruto noticed something flicker around behind the redhead. “Kyuubi, eh? That's a nice genjutsu.” He stated, staring at the nine red tails.
 
The fox grinned. Naruto sighed and looked around. “Space distortion. My minds attempt to give space to a place that has non.” He looked back at the Kyuubi. “What do you want?”
 
Kyuubi arched an eyebrow, “You're not scared?” Naruto grinned. “You know those spirals on the seal? Those are the marks of a shinigami. You're not getting out of here.”
 
Kyuubi blinked and stared up at the seal on the cage. “No, no I guess not. What I want? I want to destroy Konoha, that's what. But as that's not going to happen I was thinking of a deal.” Naruto glared. “I'm not letting you out off there.”
 
The redhead blinked, “Who said anything about letting me out? No, in exchange for my chakra and knowledge just give me the sensation of sight, smell, touch again. I'll never have to leave this cage. Besides in this situation you can only gain.” Naruto frowned, “Why should I? What do you want?” Kyuubi rolled his eyes. “If you were stuck in here for 6 years and had no way to even see anything going on around you, what would you do?
 

Naruto nodded slowly. “Good point. I still don't trust you. I'm going to leave now.” He said slowly, turning and walking away.
 
Itachi looked up as he sensed a bright blue chakra burst into the library. Only one person's chakra was that powerful and bright. (Tsuki's supposed to be watching him today.) He thought standing and following the blonde.
 
When he found Naruto, the boy was standing in the middle of the isle, a book held in one hand, the other brushing over the book, a look of concentration on his face. AS he got closer Itachi frowned when the blonde didn't respond.
 
There was something really wrong. Itachi was close enough to read easily over the boy's shoulder and he hadn't noticed yet. Then he noticed the book the blonde was reading. A book on seals. On book on seals and how to change them. That got him worried. “Naruto, don't you dare mess with that seal.”
 
Naruto whipped around, staring into endless coal black eyes. “I-Itachi-san?” He stuttered. The black eyes narrowed. “Why are you reading that?”
 
Naruto gulped, “I'm just making sure no one can tamper with it.” Itachi frowned. “Did someone threaten you, Naruto?” The blonde shook his head. “No, I'm just a little shaken.”
 
Itachi kneeled down so he was at Naruto level. “What happened?” Naruto sighed. “I just…had a small talk…with the Kyuubi.” Itachi blinked then frowned. He reached forward, shut the book Naruto was holding, and placed it back on the self. “We're going to see the Hokage. Now.”

Naruto gulped as he stared at the Hokage. Saratobi had a tense expression on his face. Finally he looked up, a thoughtful expression on his face. “Oddly enough I agree with the Kyuubi. We can't lose in this situation.”
 

Itachi frowned, “You want him to go through with this?” Saratobi sighed. “Personally, no. but it would probably be in Naruto's best interest. If he wants to do this.” They both looked over at Naruto who nodded slowly. Itachi let out a low groan. “You're both insane.”
 
Naruto took in a deep breath before starting, his hands, and arms moving in intricate patterns, bright blue chakra flowing from his fingertips. Finally, when the altered seal was complete he placed his hands over his stomach and felt the two seals melt together. For a moment, nothing happened. Then a burst of Kyuubi's chakra flew through the seal, feeling like fire in his veins. The world turned white then black.
 
Itachi was the first to notice and thus the first to react. He rushed forward, grabbing the blonde's shoulders in a tight grip and slowly lowering him to the floor. Gently he brushed the long blonde hair away and checked for a pulse. A soft, steady beat met his figures. He let out a breath of relief.
 
Naruto groaned, slowly opening his eyes to stare at Itachi and the Sandaime behind him. (What happened?) A low chuckle met his ears. {Perfect kit. Absolutely perfect.}
 
(Kyuubi?)