Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Smiling Mask of ANBU ❯ Prologue-Part 3 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- I do not own Naruto. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto. I'm sorry this took so long but there were a few…complications. I'm better now. Now, before anyone says anything. Yes, I know Naruto's father's name is Namikaze Minato. I prefer Kazama Arashi so I'm going to put Kazama Arashi. Don't Complain, I'm still stuck on the idea that Minato is a girl's name. I watched Sailor Moon as a kid.
“Talking”
(Thinking)
{Kyuubi}
Kyuubi Talking
[Memories]
 
The Smiling White Mask of Anbu
Prologue-Part 3
 
The Sandaime sighed, looking over the report in his hands. He looked up at Itachi, “You're sure this is accurate?” At Itachi's nod he sighed and placed it down on the desk, rubbing his temples. “We'll just have to hope for the best than.”
 
“Hokage-sama.” Saratobi looked back up when Itachi spoke. The young ANBU hesitated briefly before continuing. “It's about Naruto. Yesterday, I was wondering why he fainted.” He stated, looking up.
 
The Hokage sighed. “That's where the Yondaime made his mistake with the seal. The seal was designed to hold back everything the Kyuubi was, including all of its chakra. This was a mistake for the simple reason that Naruto himself could have easily broken the seal in a fit of emotion. The new seal allows chakra to move between the two. Naruto blacked out earlier because the new source of chakra briefly overwhelmed him. Unless he suffers sever chakra depletion this shouldn't happen again.”
 
Itachi nodded.

Saratobi looked up when his door opened. Naruto walked in, keeping his head bowed as he shut the door behind him. The Hokage frowned. “Naruto, what's wrong?”
 
Naruto looked up slowly, blue eyes glistening behind his bangs. “Hokage-jiji? Can I take the Genin test early?” Saratobi frowned. “Early? How early are we talking Naruto?” The blonde took a deep breath. “How about now.”
 

Itachi sighed slightly as he gently opened the door. (The boy needs to learn to lock his doors.) Gently, he closed the door behind him as he walked into the apartment. “Naruto!” he called out. He frowned when he got no answer. He walked farther in to the apartment, looking around for the small boy. “Naruto?” he called.
 
Something slammed into his chest, pushing him roughly to the ground, his hands pinned above his head. “What?!” he shouted, brining one leg up to kick away his attacker. He pushed himself to his feet as the figure landed in a crouch in front of him. His attacker turned out to be a sixteen year old girl with long black hair and dark ebony eyes. She was wearing a soft black tank top and black pants. Two kursari gama hung from her hip. “You know,” she whispered, her voice sending a shiver down his spine. “It's polite to knock.”
 
“Naomi, that's enough.” The girl's entire body tensed before relaxing. “Hai.” She whispered. Hearing a soft thump from his left, Itachi turned and blinked. Naruto was sitting cross-legged on the kitchen table, eating an apple. “Naruto?”
 
The blonde smiled. “Why is it that no one ever looks up?” he asked. Naruto turned his attention back to the young woman in front of him. “Thank you, Naomi. You can go.” It was dismissal, a plain `get out'. Dark ebony eyes gleamed in the soft light before the girl nodded. “Call me if there's trouble.” She says. She jumped backwards and for a moment it looked like she was hanging there before her form shattered like glass and disappeared. (A summons.) Itachi realizes.
 
He turns to the blonde still on the counter and arches an eyebrow. Naruto smiled lightly. “That was Naomi. Kyuubi's second-in-command.” Itachi nods before the words actually register. He looked back at the boy to see smiling widely at him. “The human thing,” Naruto stated, “It's something any decent five-tailed demon can do.”
 
Itachi groaned and shook his head. “How many?” Naruto grinned. “Naomi has seven tails.” Itachi groaned again. He sighed and looked over at the boy. “Sandaime-sama told me that you made Genin.” Naruto nodded, slipping off the counter. “You do know that it's still the middle of the year right?” Naruto stopped walking and turned to look at him. “Your point is what, exactly?”
 
Itachi sighed. “Because it's the end of the year you can't be placed on a Genin team which means you won't have a sensei which means you can't take missions right now. Basically you're a shinobi in name only.” Naruto sighed, sinking down onto the couch. “I know that. I did what I thought was best. I already knew most of what they teach and anything I don't know I can learn. I was not going to put up with senseless hate when there wasn't any real gain. I measured the odds, I did what I thought was best.”
 
Itachi stared at him for a while before nodding. “I agree.” He straightened, “Come on, let's go.” Naruto's head shot up. “Eh?!” He pushed himself to his feet, stumbling after him. He managed to pull on his shoes and grab his headband as he walked out the door. He jogged forward until his was by Itachi's side, ignoring the whispers and glares. “Where are we going?” Ebony eyes glanced down at him. “I was planning to do this when you made Genin. We're heading to the Hokage Tower. The library will have what we need.”

When they arrived Itachi walked through the shelves, knowing exactly where he was going. Naruto could only stumble after. When they stopped the shelves were filled with scrolls instead of the normal books. Itachi gently pulled a small scroll off the shelf and popped it open. It had one long black line at the top and that was it.
 
Itachi gently laid it down and nodded. “No one knows who your parents were and Sandaime-sama refuses to tell me. He said something about a will. He also said that the will wouldn't stop me from looking for information. All I had to do was find enough info. This scroll tells you if you have a Kekki Genkai. For all we know you could be the last surviving member of what was once a famous clan and not know it.” Naruto blinked but nodded. “What you're saying is that Hokage-jiji knows who my parents are but because of a will can't tell me. That this scroll could help me find out who my parents are.” Itachi nodded. “Just write your name in blood and it will tell you your parents' names and your Kekki Genkai, if you have one.”
 
Naruto nodded, already biting his thumb to draw the blood. He smeared his name across the line and watched as it faded out before words reappeared. He tilted his head to the side, slowly reading the words on the scroll. “Kekki Genkai- Affinity Limit Break. Mother- Uzumaki Kushina. Father- Kazama Arashi.” He looked over at Itachi, “Who's Kazama Arashi?” Itachi frowned, “I'm not sure but it sounds familiar. There's a book on Kekki Genkai's around here somewhere. I'll be right back.”
 
{Arashi sounds familiar to me too.} Naruto blinked, turning his attention to the demon inside him. (Kyuubi? How is it familiar to you?) There was a pause, as if the great beast was trying hard to remember. {The memories fuzzy but just as I was being sealed inside you I saw a flash of silver and someone shouting, “Arashi-sensei!” I don't know why the guy sounded so panicked, he should have been celebrating. My rein of terror was over. There was only really one person in trouble right then and that was…} Both human and demon came to the same conclusion at the same time.
 
Naruto's breath caught in his throat and refused to come out. His eyesight blurred and darkened around the edges, all his focus on the words, `Father- Kazama Arashi.' He stumbled back, desperately trying to regain his lost sense of balance. His back hit the side of a bookcase and he didn't try to stay up when his knees buckled. His breath came in short, raspy breathes. {Shit, that's messed up. Sorry, kit.} When he didn't get any response he continued. {I think I can understand why he chose you.} The Kyuubi was starting to get worried. {He must have seen how strong you were, how strong you would become. You were the only one he trusted to hold me back from destroying the village. The only one he trusted to hold his legacy. He made a good choice.} He still didn't get any answer. {Kit? Kit?! KIT!}
 
Itachi walked back in. “Found it. Apparently the Affinity Limit Bre..ak…Naruto!” Itachi shouted, dropping the book and running over to the boy. “Naruto? Naruto, what's wrong?” The Uchiha reached forward and shook Naruto's unresponsive shoulders. “Naruto!”
 
The boy let out a shaky breath. “Ita…chi…-san?” Naruto took another shaky breath and pushed himself up slightly. “Itachi-san? What's wrong?” Itachi frowned, “That's what I was wondering.” Naruto blinked before his eyes darkened and he slumped back. Itachi frowned, “Naruto? What's wrong?” Sad, dark blue eyes looked up at him. “I know who Kazama Arashi is.” Itachi frowned. “My father is the Yondaime Hokage.”
 
Itachi's eyes widened. “Naruto…” The blonde straightened and pushed himself to his feet. “What's the Affinity Limit Break?” He asked. He walked over to the dropped book with a smooth grace that said he was tightly controlling his movements. Itachi blinked, “Naruto?” Naruto's eyes hardened and when he spoke his voice was cold and distant. “Not now, Itachi-san.”
 
Itachi frowned but nodded and walked over to the book. (He just needs time.) He flipped through the book until he found the proper page. “The Affinity Limit Break gives the user the ability to change their charka into their elemental affinity.” Itachi frowned, looking over the rest of the page. “Apparently you need to use a series of hand seals until you can do it mentally. It doesn't sound that exciting.”
 
Naruto grinned, “Maybe not to you. You're thinking about it in the wrong way. What are the hand seals?” Itachi sighed. “Tora, Usagi, Ousu Buta, Tora, Saru, O-hitsugi, Tora.” Naruto frowned, “I'll figure this out eventually.” He sighed. Itachi shook his head. “Come on, gets go see Sandaime-sama.”
 
Naruto blinked, “Eh? Why?” Itachi shook his head. “He'll have those element cards that tell you what your elemental affinity is. Plus, will, remember?” Naruto nodded, stealing the book out of Itachi's hands so he could o over the information.

The Sandaime and Itachi stared at each other before Saratobi sighed and pulled a scroll from his desk. “Naruto was originally going to be told when he turned eighteen. By then he would have an idea and understanding of why Arashi didn't want people to know Naruto was his son. You see, Arashi had a lot of enemies; he didn't want people to go after his son before the boy could properly defend himself. I trust you boys to know this is an S-class secret.” They both nodded.
 
“Well Naruto it seems that he gave you practically everything he owns. He left you the Kazama clan house on the condition that if his last surviving student-Hatake Kakashi- be provided a sanctuary should he need it. He left you all his jutus and anything else you can in that house. However, all pictures of his team he wants to be given to Kakashi.” Saratobi sighed and pulled out a piece of paper. “You'll need this for your Kekki Genkai. Just channel charka into it.”
 
Naruto nodded, gently taking the paper. After applying the necessary charka he watched as the paper split in half. “Wind.” Saratobi sighed, “A dangerous affinity to have with your Kekki Genkai, your father proved that.” He looked up and glared at them. “Now, out. The both of you. I have work to do.”

Naruto blinked down at the package he'd received before he looked back up at Itachi. “What's this?” Itachi rolled his eyes, “A gift. Now open it.” Naruto blinked but nodded, slowly pulling the object from its wrappings. He blinked at the long, thin object that was about the length of his arm. A slight twist of his wrist had the thing opening as well. A smile stretched across his lips in understanding. “Tessen.” He breathed.
 
He stood up, flicking the fan open. It was made of a polished wood and soft blue materiel with the image of two intertwined dragons on it. H grinned up at Itachi. “Thank you.” He whispered. Itachi nodded and shrugged, “I just thought it would be useful.”

Itachi shook his head at the sight before him. Naruto lay sprawled on the ground, surrounded by books and paper. Black ink marks were scattered across his face, the ink brush tangled in his hair. The darker boy sighs, slowly walking forward through the mess. He kneels down and gently untangles the brush from the boy's long hair, being careful not to tug.
 
Still, the boy gives a soft groan and blue eyes flicker open to stare at him. The boy pushes himself up into a sitting position and rubs his eyes. “Itachi-san?” He shook his head briefly to clear away the rest of the cobwebs and grinned up at the Uchiha. Itachi raised an eyebrow. “Well, you've certainly got a mess going on.” Naruto blinks and looks around. The blonde frowned, “You think?”
 
Itachi rolled his eyes, “What are you doing?” Naruto looked up at him. “Working on containment seals. Normal ones are too big and take to long to get into for useful purposes on the battlefield. I'm seeing what I can do.” The eyebrow went up again. “O-Kay.” Naruto grinned, “Hokage-jiji says that if I can get good enough at seals then I can try for my mastery. He says Otou-san was the last seal master in the village so we need another.” The grin widened.

Itachi looked up at the Hokage, his confusion hidden behind his mask. Saratobi sighed, “Itachi, we need to talk. It's about your clan…”