Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Three Demons of Konoha ❯ Prolog ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Konoha's Three Demons
Prolog Thirteen years ago, the powerful nine tailed fox demon Kyuubi no Kitsune attacked the hidden ninja of Konoha, the Village Hidden in the Leaves. The Fourth Hokage defeated the demon at the cost of his own life. This is what many younger villagers know. In truth, the Kyuubi was far too powerful to be killed by any shinobi, even the great Hokage. As such, the only option left to him was a Forbidden Sealing, trapping the demon's soul and chakra in a newborn babe at the cost of his own life. This is what many of the older shinobi know. The fox, knowing it's time was limited, used an ancient demonic art to insure that it's container would be well protected. Knowing of the humans basic need for companionship, the fox bound the young boys fate to two other children in the village, all scarcely older than the boy himself. This is unknown to all, especially the Reluctant Jailor, the Seeking Avenger, and the Peaceful Warrior

The Jailor dreamt of the past.

Eight years after the fall of the fox, on a night when the moon hung full in the nights sky, the fallen Uchia attacked his clan, intent on killing them all. It was only through the combined forces -and personal injury- of Jailor, Avenger, and Warrior that he was stalled long enough for the Hokage and ANBU to arrive. Though badly weakened, the Uchia clan did not fall that night. The Jailor slipped away silently into the night and an anxious father soon collected the Warrior as well, leaving the third to ponder if the monster that had killed so many of his clansman that blood soaked night really was his older brother.  He swore to himself that he would search out the traitor, and bring him to the clan. Preferably alive, but dead if need be, even if it was Itatchi.

That night was the true birth of the Seeking Avenger, Uchia Sasuke.


The Jailor dreamt of the present.

A pale crescent shone down as the nine year old Jailor raced through the leaves with the Avenger close behind on the ground. Neither youth was able to shake the sick feeling that something was very wrong, a feeling that was centered on the dark clad form fleeing from the pair and the smaller limp form stirring on his shoulder. The Jailor lunged from the branch above, planting his feet squarely in the middle of the adult shinobi's back, driving him to the ground even as the Avenger slid in and caught the still lethargic Warrior in his arms. Pale violet eyes slowly opened as the pair got to their feet and the Jailor landed near them, having kicked off the older man's back, driving him to the ground. The shinobi stood with a growl as the three took up their respective combat stances. The Jailor lunged in first striking and blocking until he was repulsed by the more experienced ninja, only to be replaced by the Avenger. This rotation went on for a time, with the Warrior healing her defender as their opposite number went into battle until she was able to join in as well. The young fighters pressed the advantage of their numbers  even as the Hokage and his ANBU arrived with the Warrior' s father, rage pouring off him in waves. But still they pressed on. This man was trying to take one of their own and this they could not permit, out skilled  though they were. Drawing on the last of their reserves, each found a new depth of strength, calling forth their birthright from beyond the seal, weapons of formidable elemental power. Calling up their last reserves of chakra, the three struck hard and true, and knew no more.

The Jailor stirred some time later in the sterile confines of the hospital room. Deep onyx and pale ivory eyes stared back at him curiously. "If your here to kill me, I don't suppose you could wait until I'm out of here?" He asked dryly.

"You misunderstand, Uzumaki san," The pale eyed Hyuga said. "We haven't come to hurt you."

"We've come to thank you, Naruto san." The dark eyed woman replied, smiling warmly.

"Uchia sama, no one ever thanks me for anything." Naruto murmured.

"Well, I am now. The three of you put your lives on the line last year to save people you didn't know and owed no allegiance to."

"Uzumaki Naruto." The boy said suddenly.

"Excuse me?" The Uchia murmured in surprise.

"When you wish to know someone's name, it is good manners to offer your own first. I am Uzumaki Naruto." 

"My apologies for our rudeness. I am Hyuga Hiashi, head of the Hyuga clan," The imposing clan head bowed deeply. "The little girl you saved is my daughter, Hinata."

"And I am Uchia Yuriko. My nephew, Sasuke, was your sword arm tonight, as you were his not so long ago."

"How long since the battle?" Naruto asked.

"You've all been unconscious for a week. The Hokage gave the Raikage he- a rather unpleasant talking to," Yuriko  caught herself, remembering she was in the presence of children. "He told him in no uncertain terms that attacking unarmed civilian children is utterly unacceptable."

"Even more unforgivable than trying to abduct the heiress of a prominent clan in a village they've signed a peace accord with," Hiashi smiled thinly. "Your presence helped to defuse a political situation that would have had long term repercussion."

"So why are we still here?" Naruto murmured, leaning back into the relative comfort of the hospital bed.

Hiashi grimaced. "You all survived far better than you should have, given your age and skill levels, but you three were badly injured and required medical care. You saved my daughter once again and for that I am eternally grateful."

"I... I didn't do anything." Naruto replied.

"But you did," Yuriko insisted. "Sasuke and Hinata were very badly injured and lost a lot of blood. We were able to save them, thanks to you."

"Me?" Naruto arched an eyebrow.

"Yes," Hiashi replied. "We were able to use your blood in lieu of their own."

"M-my blood?" Naruto's eyes widened in horror as he sat bolt upright.

"Yes, Naruto," Yuriko said. "Your blood flows though their veins. In that sense, you three are siblings now."

"You shouldn't have done that." Naruto whispered. "The villagers will all hate them, call them monsters! You shouldn't have done that!"

Yuriko grabbed Naruto in a tight hug. "Naruto, listen to me and never forget this. You are not a monster, nor a demon. You are a very special person. I can't tell you why, but one day you'll understand."

"You are a guardian of a very powerful force, and I want to be the first to thank you." Hiashi added as a purple haired, cat masked ANBU kunoichi made her presence known, gently forcing the bewildered boy to lay down.

"He should rest now." She said, bowing respectfully. The two senior clan members nodded and moved to leave.

"Wait! Why thank me?" Naruto struggled a moment before the ANBU placed a slender finger on his forehead before releasing a burst of chakra from the tip.

"For keeping the monsters at bay." She whispered as sleep claimed him.


The Jailor dreamt of times to come.

The Academy teacher Iruka lay heavily against a tree bleeding. "Not the boy." He said with slow determination. "For him I have nothing but respect. He's an excellent student and he works with all his might. But sometimes even so, he's awkward, clumsy... a screw up... people have mocked and shunned him... and it's given him empathy. He knows what it is to be in pain. That boy is no longer your demon fox! He is a citizen of Konoha, Uzumaki Naruto!"

"Aww! That is so sweet! Just hearing you say so makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!" His silver haired opponent sneered sarcastically as he slung two large shiruken off his back and began  spinning them rapidly. "Well Iruka, I had planned to save you for last... but sometimes things just don't work out the way you plan... so SAY GOODBYE!" The figure shouted throwing the twin projectiles of spinning death as hard as he could.


The Jailor awoke, a silent scream  tearing at the back of his throat.

AN: Obviously I don't own Naruto. That's Masashi Kishimoto. I do own my OC, which includes most of the Uchia clan, and Naruto's parents. Naruto's father is not the Fourth Hokage. I'm sorry, it's been done to death. Time for a change.

Feel free to review, it's what I live on. However don't bother telling me the timeline is wrong. I had to change it to make these scenarios even remotely plausible. Also don't tell me the characters are out of character. They're supposed to be. It's the whole point of the exercise. Sasuke still has some family so he's not going to grow up being a complete emo bastard. Naruto now has people who consider him family, so he's less likely to act out seeking attention and  he's better trained as a ninja. As for Hinata, since it wasn't a Hyuga who killed the kidnapper and the Hokage was quick to push the political advantage over Cloud, Hinata's internal family dynamic is going to change from canon. Of course, Cloud also isn't going to let the fact that one of their shinobi's was killed by a bunch of nine year olds.

Next chapter will come out as soon as I can manage