Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Things we don't Know ❯ arrival ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: yes! My first fanfic! Man this feels good to finally post this. If it sucks please tell me so I can try to fix it! If it's good give me support! Trust me-I need it. Beware of my craziness!!
 
Disclaimer: same old, same old. I don't own Naruto. But please let me dream!!
 
 
Chapter One
 
 
“But….” Naruto led off confused, “I thought it was just a three man cell?” he scratched his head as he let his mind drift off to his Genine lessons, “I've never heard of a four man team…”
 
“There have been four man cells but they're rare,” Sakura spoke up smiling at her knowledge, she looked over at Sasuke to see if he had heard her but he just stared impassively at Tsunade. Her shoulders slumped in disappointment.
 
“Well,” Tsunade cleared her throat while looking at the group of Chunine. Were they really the best choice for this?
 
“Don't you want to know who it is?” she asked quirking an eyebrow. That caught their attention. All of them straightened and Naruto began to sway in his sudden pent up anticipation. She smiled, “Calm down Naruto,” she opened her eyes and turned them to the door.
 
“Come on in Kirari,” Tsunade smiled. Team seven all turned to the door as it slid open. A girl with solid black hair, ice blue eyes, and pale skin walked into the room. She wore a light blue spaghetti strap that has fishnet sewn onto the fabric and black cargos. They watched as she closed the door and stood in front of it hugging her arms.
 
“Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke,” Tsunade grinned, “I would like you to meet your new teammate. Kirari Kyoto,” Naruto blinked then ran up to the girl who leaned backwards in surprise at how close Naruto was to her.
 
“Hi!” he said happily, “My name is Naruto Uzumaki! Your name was Kirari? Nice to meet you…” he blinked and looked at her, “Are you cold?” he asked. She was shivering slightly, and was still holding her arms, which had goose bumps puckering up and down them.
 
“Yah,” she nodded, “But that's not unusual,” she tried to smile, “I just need a warmer place,” Naruto looked around the room.
 
“But grandma Tsunade's office is always warm,” he said confused.
 
“And I'm always cold,” she unlocked her arms and put her fingers on his cheek. Naruto flinched at her touch and how cold it was.
 
“Damn…” he muttered, “Do you want my jacket or something?” she shook her head.
 
“No,” she smiled sweetly, “It won't help,” Naruto just looked even more confused. Tsunade cleared her throat again making everyone look at her.
 
“I expect you guys to spend some time with her and get to know each other,” Tsunade leaned back in her chair, “You might also want to show her around the village. Considering she just got here and all,”
 
“Then were did she come from?” Sakura asked.
 
“That might be something to ask her when you talk to her,” Tsunade smiled. Sakura turned to the girl and gasped slightly when she saw she wasn't there, `Hey!” Sakura cried out looking around the room, “Where'd she go?” Tsunade opened her eyes and scanned the room with her eyes.
 
“She must have left,” she said smiling as her eyes fell on Naruto who was scratching his head trying to figure out where she had gone, “Go find her and get to know your new teammate,” she closed her eyes again, “Dismissed,”
 
They nodded and walked out of the room, sliding the door closed behind them.
 
“Well that was kind of rude of Kirari,” Sakura said crossing her arms.
 
“Yah,” Naruto agreed putting his arms behind his head, “Why do you think she did that?” he looked at Sasuke. He shrugged lightly.
 
“Like I care,” he closed his eyes, “Lets just find her,” they walked out into the bright sun of the 3 o'clock day, “Let's split up,” Sasuke said opening one of his eyes and shielding it from the bright light with his hand, “And meet back at the ramen restaurant in an hour whether you find her or not,” they nodded and took off. Naruto went into town heading east and Sakura went west. Sasuke sighed. He didn't really want to be the one to find her. That would be a pain.
 
He walked slowly to the forest.
 

 
Sasuke liked the forest. He had to pass threw it to get to the training grounds and it was always a more…pleasurable experience. It was peaceful and quiet. He didn't have to worry about the idiot Naruto and he didn't have to worry about Sakura trying to get his attention. Just peace and quiet-
 
He turned his head, as his thoughts were broken. Through a ten foot gap in the trees he saw a small over hanging cliff that looked over the edge of a large brightly lit meadow, who's grass had turned to an orange and yellow color because of the sunlight. But that wasn't what had caught his attention. He had seen the meadow many times, but then it didn't have a person wearing blue and black lying out in the middle.
 
He sighed and walked between the gap in the trees to the small cliff and looked out. He saw that it was her. Her pale skin practically shined with its paleness and her clothes and hair made an excellent contrast to the glowing yellow grass. He rubbed the back of his head. He had really hoped he wouldn't have been the one to find her. That's why he strayed so far from the village's crowded streets in the first place. Plus…he really wasn't good at first impressions.
 
He sighed again and jumped off the cliff regardless. His feet hit the soft, thick grass without him making a noise. He slowly walked over to her and realized her eyes were closed. She was lying on her stomach with her arms folded in front of her, providing her head something to rest on.
 
He stopped next to her and looked down at her. He was about to nudge her with his foot but he thought that might be rude so he crouched down next to her. He lifted his arm to shake her shoulder-
 
“Move,” she muttered without opening her eyes, “You're blocking the sun,” Sasuke almost smirked as the girl lazily opened one eye. Sasuke obliged and sat down next to her.
 
“You know leaving the hokage's office to get a tan wasn't the best first impression,” he spoke after a minute of silence. She opened her eyes and gave a soft groan.
 
“I'm not getting a tan,” she mumbled, “I'm trying to get warm,” she corrected. Sasuke looked at her curiously then looked at the sky where the sun was beating down its heat on them.
 
“Your cold?” he asked as he took notice of the small beads of sweat he could feel forming beneath his shirt. She sighed and moved her arm out from under her head and lifted her pale hand, placing it lightly on Sasuke's. Sasuke flinched at actually being touched and at the surprisingly cold temperature her skin was. After a second it became comfortable in the hot sun but he remembered that she was still touching him. He pulled his hand away and put it in his lap.
 
“Why are you here?” she asked pulling her arm back under her head. Sasuke looked at the girl.
 
“I was actually looking for you,” he said tonelessly. It was partially the truth. He had been looking for her, he had just come to a place where he didn't think she would be. She opened her eyes.
 
“Why?”
 
“Because the hokage told me to,” he regretted it almost as soon as he said it. A flicker of hurt passed in her eyes before she closed them.
 
“Oh,” she said quietly. Sasuke felt like hitting himself in the forehead. Why couldn't he had said, `because we're teammates,' or something along those lines? He groaned softly and she opened her eyes to see him with his forehead in his hand looking irritated.
 
“What's wrong with you?” she asked lifting her head slightly.
 
“Nothing,” he shook his head and stood up, “We need to go,”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because we split up looking for you when we saw you left to…get warm,” he said it confused, “We're suppose to meet at the ramen restaurant in about twenty minutes,”
 
“You know it wouldn't hurt to put emotion in your voice,” she muttered laying her head back down. He glared at the girl slightly.
 
“Just come on,” he said more coldly than he meant. She opened her eyes again cocking an eyebrow.
 
“And if I don't want to?” she challenged. She was surprised when Sasuke grabbed her wrist and pulled the girl onto her feet. It was odd for him to touch another person in general but also how cold she was. Her skin had soaked up some warmth from the sun but she was still surprisingly cold. He let go of her wrist and she cut her eyes at him.
 
“You could have just asked,” she said icily, “I can stand on my own,”
 
“I asked you to get up and you challenged it,” he crossed his arms.
 
“You ordered,” she corrected, “You never asked,” she said while walking to the small cliff and jumping onto the edge. Sasuke sighed and followed the girl. He could already see how this was going to be.
 

 
Sakura and Naruto were slightly shocked to see Sasuke towing their teammate by the wrist down the road.
 
“I am seriously considering biting you,” Kirari shouted as she put her feet in front of her trying to stop herself but Sasuke continued to pull her. Sasuke was frowning and Naruto was laughing. Sasuke finally got in front of his friends and released the girl, who stumbled backwards. She fell onto the ground and glared up at him. Naruto was holding his stomach trying to stop his laughter. Sakura turned to Sasuke and smiled.
 
“I knew you would find her,” she blushed faintly. Sasuke `hn'ed her and she shifted her attention to Kirari who was looking at Naruto. Naruto stumbled over to Kirari.
 
“Hey remember me?” he beamed, “I talked to you in the hokage's office before you bailed,” his smile didn't fade at the fact but only got bigger, “It's cool to have you on the team!” he offered his hand to help her off the ground.
 
“Wow your really enthusiastic about this aren't ya?” she smiled faintly and grabbed his hand as she pulled herself up.
 
“Ya I am!” he grinned, “Now I have someone who might be on my side on out team. Sasuke-teme is just…Sasuke-teme and Sakura never agrees with me because she has the hots-” he was cut off as a fist came and knocked him into the ground. Kirari jumped back afraid and surprised and looked in disbelief at the fuming Sakura towering over his crumpled form with killing intent rolling off of her.
 
“Why'd you do that?!” Kirari yelled out slightly afraid, “Dear god! He's your teammate! You could hurt him!” she jumped forwards and tried to peel Naruto off the floor.
 
“He's use to it,” Sasuke shrugged and walked to one of the stools and sat down. Kirari's eye twitched as she saw Sakura's face light up as she ran over to the stool beside Sasuke and sit down. She wasn't too discrete about moving the stool closer to him either.
 
Kirari looked down at Naruto who had peeled himself off the floor and was hopping happily to the counter and giving his order to the nice brown haired girl behind it. She shivered again and noticed how cold it was in here too. She looked to her left and saw an air conditioner blowing at high level. She smirked. If she just backed out slowly and quietly-
 
“Don't even think about it,” Sasuke said flatly as she took one step backwards. She sighed and walked gloomily over to the stool in between Sasuke and Naruto. She rested her head down on the counter and bean to lift and drop her head on it.
 
“Are you ok?” Naruto asked worriedly as he shoveled a mouthful of ramen in his mouth.
 
“Oh I enjoy doing this,” she said sarcastically as she picked her head back up and rubbed her forehead.
 
“Well as long as you like it,” Naruto smiled as he picked up the bowl and slurped the broth down.
 
“Don't worry,” Sakura piped in, “He's always like that, there's not much we can do,” she offered her hand in front of Sasuke who was still waiting on his order, “By the way my name is Sakura,” she smiled. Kirari hesitantly took the hand that had knocked Naruto to the ground just minutes before.
 
“I know,” she smiled, “Sakura Haruno, Age-15, height-5' 7”, weight-115, blood type- -AB, master of Tsunade's strength, currently still undergoing apprenticeship for becoming medic-nin, Genine sensei was Kakashi Hatake, you gave blood at the local blood drive two months ago, two marks on disciplinary records- one for a fight at the hospital with a Ino Yamanaka and one for breaking and entering into Sasuke Uchiha's home,”
 
Everyone stared in confusion at the girl.
 
“I read your files,” she explained smiling.
 
“Oh,” Naruto nodded and went back to devouring his ramen. Sasuke turned to Sakura.
 
“You broke into my house?” he said with a hint of disbelief lacing his voice. She smiled widely in embarrassment as she scratched the back of her head.
 
“Yah it was a long time ago,” she said hurriedly. Kirari quirked an eyebrow.
 
“No it wasn't. The date said it was reported last we-” Sakura had jumped up and grabbed the girl from behind and covered her mouth.
 
“Please don't say anything else about what was on my file relating to that,” she whispered in her ear. Kirari smiled and nodded. Sakura released her and walked to her seat happily distracting herself with her food.
 
“So do you know anything about me?” Naruto asked. Kirari looked left and felt her eyebrow twitch as she saw the five bowls stacked in front of him.
 
“Yes,” she said dragging her eyes off the stack and to him, “Naruto Uzumaki, age-16, height- 5' 9”, weight-137, blood type- -O, Genine sensei was Kakashi Hatake as well, trained under Jiriya, toad summoner, there was a classified section that I won't talk about, and lets see…I didn't have time to read the novel length disciplinary record so I just skimmed it and saw there were about ten events not related to vandalism or domestic disturbances. Two were for fights with random people, two for arguing with an elder-”
 
“Hey that lady started it,” he interrupted, “Like I was suppose to know that she didn't look before she sat down on a toilet. I only leave the lid up 80% of the time,”
 
“And the other times were for breaking and entering into Sasuke's home,” Sasuke looked at Naruto in disbelief as well.
 
“You broke into my house, too?”
 
“More than once,” Kirari grinned. Naruto was too preoccupied with his ramen to care about the slightly angry Uchiha. Sasuke grumbled something and broke his chopsticks apart as his order finally came.
 

 
“That place is actually pretty good,” Kirari smiled, “I'm not normally into ramen but that was great,” she rubbed her stomach. Naruto and Sasuke were walking with her now. They had dropped off Sakura much to her dismay at letting Sasuke walk with another girl without her supervision.
 
“I love it,” Naruto beamed, “I eat there just about every day,” he said proudly.
 
“Well that can't be healthy,” she winced, “Maybe you should come over to my apartment sometime,” she offered, “I could fix something that's both healthy and tasty,”
 
“Yah maybe,” he grinned as he bounded towards an apartment building.
 
“Yah, night,” she waved. Once he disappeared up the steps she looked over her shoulder at Sasuke who was staring impassively at the wall, “You ok?” she asked. He snapped out of his thoughts and looked at her.
 
“Yah, why?” he asked.
 
“You haven't said a word since you found out Naruto broke into your house,” she smirked.
 
“I'm not much of a talker,” he said emphatically.
 
“It shows,” Sasuke looked at the girl and shrugged. He turned to the road and began to walk. She ran next to him.
 
“Why don't you talk?” she asked walking backwards next to him so she could look at his face.
 
“As you can see, I don't have very intelligent friends and they don't ever bring up anything that I want to talk,”
 
“What would you want to talk about?” she asked. He shrugged for a third time.
 
“I don't know,”
 
“Hmm,” she mused, “How about…which do you prefer,” she smiled.
 
“Which I prefer?” he said confused.
 
“Yes,” she smiled, “I give you a choice between two things and you have to choose which one you'd rather do,”
 
“Your odd,”
 
“I know,” she smiled, “Now stop trying to change the subject…hmm, would you rather, be locked in a room with Naruto or Sakura for a week?” Sasuke frowned at the options.
 
“Am I obligated to answer?”
 
“Yes,” Sasuke sighed.
 
“Naruto.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because I could fight him or something to pass the time,” he winced, “If it was Sakura I'd be bored out of my skull and have to listen to her ramblings for a week. I think I'd commit suicide,” Kirari laughed and Sasuke was tempted to smile for a second.
 
“That's mean,” she finally said.
 
“You laughed,”
 
“But it's still mean,” she argued, “She is your teammate after all,”
“She's annoying,” he said bluntly.
 
“That may be so but…why are those girls following us?” she asked suddenly. Sasuke stopped and looked behind him he saw about four people's heads quickly disappear behind a building. He groaned. He heard Kirari yell out and looked over in time to see her stumbled over a rock and fall backwards. She fell onto the ground and began to rub her butt grumbling. Sasuke couldn't help but smile at that. She glared up at him.
 
“Shut up Uchiha,” she hissed standing up.
 
“I didn't say anything,” he defended with the smirk still etched on his face.
 
“I don't care,” she said sourly. She turned around and began to walk down the road, “Go play with your fangirls. I'm sure they'd enjoy it,” she said evilly. The smile disappeared off his face as he looked behind him to see seven heads duck away this time. Oh no…their numbers were growing! They might over power him with their shear amount of numbers!
 
“I suggest you run,” she offered smiling as she looked on a roof and saw four more girls ducking away. Sasuke turned and began to haul ass down the road. He zoomed past Kirari and soon a stampede of girls flew by too.
 
She smirked as Sasuke disappeared around a corner and the girls followed. She turned down a different corner and walked to her apartment complex where she climbed the steps to the top floor. She opened the door and walked into the dark living room, kicking the door shut behind her. She flicked on the lights and dropped her key on the small coffee table.
 
She walked to her room and changed into some sleeping clothes then opened the sliding door that led out of her room and to the small balcony. She leaned on the edge and looked out over the large village smiling. This was her new home. Her smiled faded as the same damned question entered her mind.
 
Where was her other home? Tsunade along with other top medical doctors had run a million tests on her and were shocked by all their findings. She had such a massive chakra capacity she had to be a ninja even if she didn't know a thing about the skills needed for it. The memory section of her brain had been damaged which explained her lack of knowledge of her past. Her body itself was toned and built form a ninja's training and they found that her senses were twice of what they should be.
 
When the leaf village anbu had found her she couldn't speak and acted like a scared animal, even after she had knocked out one of them. She had been here for a month and in that month she had been tested in the hospital for ten thousand things, schooled her, and taught her how to talk. She was considered a top-secret project and they were surprised at how quickly she picked everything up. They had given her a dictionary on the second day she was there and she had learned it from cover to cover. They hired six specialist teachers on math, science, history, technology, health, and literature. In a week she had learned everything they were capable of teaching her and had sent her to the library where she began to soak up the information in the library.
 
She had walked away from her escort when he had fallen asleep at 2 AM and had found herself in the ninja section where they found her the next morning with the shelves emptied of the books and surrounded around her. At that point Tsunade had taken her to a clearing where she began to teach her the arts of a shinobi. Even in that she soaked up the information. As soon as Tsunade showed her how to use chakra and manipulate it into jutsu she just had to be showed once before she picked it up and only had to practice a few times before it was perfected. On average she was learning about ten jutsu a day.
 
Tsunade made the thought clear to Kirari what she thought. Kirari already knew these jutsu but didn't remember them until she was showed again. Then the questions began to surface in Kirari's head. The number one question- if she knew all these things, then where had she learned them? Where was her home?
 
Kirari brought herself to the present and sighed. She really wanted to know about her past.
 
Who was her family? Where had she come from? Who did she serve under when she was a ninja? Why was she able to pick up all these things so quickly? Why was her body so much different than other people's?
 
Why was she so different?
 
She sighed again as she turned and walked into her room sliding the glass door shut. She crawled into her bed and rested there. She told herself not to worry. She had a happy and new life where people liked her and she had just been assigned a new team. She smiled as she drifted to sleep with Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura in her mind.
 
A/N: so what do ya think? Please review! The sooner you do the sooner I'll update! It'll make me feel like I'm doing something important. And I promise the story does get better. You guys won't even see what's coming next! Cause I'm like Jackie Chan! Swift and lightning fast!!