Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Time Travel is Impossible, at Least for Humans ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
 
Chapter 8
 
Iruka bolted upright, gasping for air, as the last of the images slowly faded from his mind. He scrambled off the couch and flung back the curtains to stare out at a peaceful Konoha. Taking a shaky breath he moved to his bedroom and stood in the doorway, watching Kakashi sleep. He sighed in utter relief even as he scrubbed at his face with his hands to dispel the lingering remnants of his dream. Konoha wasn't burning and Kakashi was alive, sleeping peacefully in his bed. He silently moved into the kitchen and downed three glasses of cold water before he finally felt human. It had just been a dream, albeit the most realistic dream he had ever had. Was it possible…could he somehow have been seeing what was happening to those he had left behind? That wasn't possible, was it? Could he still have some sort of connection to the future? He groaned and let his head bang onto the tabletop, if that was true then he had made a big mistake. Why had he only gone after Orochimaru? Why hadn't the thought of going after Akatsuki even crossed his mind? Shivering from the cold and from the images plaguing his mind he stumbled back to the bedroom and, ever mindful of Kakashi's injuries, slid into the warm bed beside him, gently pulling him close.
 
“Ummm?” One sleep clouded eye cracked open and Iruka hushed him softly.
 
“It's just me, go back to sleep.” He smiled as Kakashi did so, showing his complete trust in the chuunin. Iruka just held him close for the rest of the night, bestowing the occasional soft kiss to his neck.
 
----------------------------------
Kakashi smiled as Iruka re-entered the bedroom with a tray for two. The chuunin sat down beside him and put the tray on his lap before moving to feed him, something that wasn't really necessary anymore but they both enjoyed it so why stop? Iruka chuckled softly as he almost missed Kakashi's mouth but managed to correct his aim at the last second. They both knew this quiet time together wouldn't last much longer, Kakashi had been cleared to return to duty in three days time after all. But they were determined to enjoy what time they had together.
 
“Ruka?” He smiled at Kakashi as he put the now empty tray on the floor.
 
“Yes Kashi?” He lay out and Kakashi automatically moved to lie against him.
 
“Would you…I mean, could we…” Kakashi trailed off and swallowed, why was it so hard to ask? Iruka sat up slightly and ran a soothing hand through the silver hair.
 
“What is it?” Iruka asked softly and then blinked as Kakashi pulled his mask down and moved to kiss him. Even though Iruka had seen his face Kakashi still wore his mask most of the time, although his reaction to having to cloth removed was getting better to Iruka's relief. Iruka willingly kissed back, squirming on the bed to get into a more comfortable position. He gasped slightly in surprise as hesitant hands slipped under his shirt to explore his skin. That was new but definitely nice. He moved his own hands to mirror Kakashi's actions, smiling into the kiss as Kakashi moved closer. They finally parted for air but stayed close.
“Kakashi?” Iruka questioned softly, not wanting to break the silence.
 
“Make love to me?” The silver haired man whispered and Iruka's eyes went wide. He tightened his grip slightly as Kakashi went to move away.
 
“I…are you sure? There's no rush. We can wait…” Iruka trailed off as Kakashi kissed him again.
 
“I'm sure. Please.” Iruka swallowed and nodded. It wasn't like he actually knew what he was doing, okay so he knew basically what they were meant to do but he'd always thought Kakashi would take the lead in this sort of thing, until their relationship had started and he had realised how, well, shy Kakashi was outside of his life as a ninja. Hopefully Kakashi at least knew some things from his reading. Iruka pulled Kakashi even closer and went back to kissing him before slowly making his way down his neck. He was going to take this very slowly since it was the first time for both of them and he planned for both of them to enjoy it.
 
-----------------
Kakashi woke slowly, snuggling into what was becoming a familiar warmth. Still mostly asleep he frowned slightly at the slight sensation of an unfamiliar pain. His frown slowly morphed into a smile as he remembered what had happened last night. They had finally made love and it had been wonderful, okay so it had started out rather awkward since neither of them had any experience and only basic knowledge of what they should do but in the end it had been wonderful. He grinned as he felt Iruka's tighten slightly around him before gentle lips nuzzled at the back of his neck.
 
“Morning.” He turned in the arms to smile at Iruka.
 
“Good morning.” Iruka kissed him and then pulled back to study him.
 
“How are you feeling? Does anything hurt?” Kakashi smiled as Iruka went into mother hen mode, not that he really minded. He loved the fact that Iruka cared so much for him; despite the fact that he was a jounin he didn't have to always be the strong one here.
 
“I'm fine, a little sore but that's meant to happen.” He kissed Iruka and then stretched lazily.
“Don't you have to work at the missions room today?” Iruka glanced at the clock.
 
“Not until this afternoon. So you get to be pampered this morning.” Iruka stretched and then slipped from the bed, grabbing a robe.
“I'll go get breakfast.”
 
------------------------
Iruka smiled happily as he walked towards the Hokage tower and then laughed as he realised he'd been humming away. He couldn't help I though, he felt so alive and happy that he couldn't hide it. He was still grinning when he entered the office but ignored the odd looks from tired jounin and his fellow chuunin as he took a seat and got to work.
 
“Somebody's in a good mood today.” Iruka smiled at Izumo as the other man leant over his desk.
 
“Nothing wrong with that is there?” Iruka asked, still smiling.
 
“Somebody got laid.” A familiar voice said and he went red, confirming the statement in the others eyes.
 
“Genma!” He hissed, annoyed at the other man for embarrassing him. The room was filled with chuckles and whistles making him go even redder and want the floor to swallow him up.
 
“Way to go sensei!” Someone called and Iruka felt like dieing of embarrassment as Sarutobi picked that instant to walk in.
 
“And what has Iruka-sensei done to get such applause?” The Hokage asked and Iruka swallowed, trying to force down his blush. Maybe he could just melt into a puddle of water and escape that way? Then again he still hadn't gotten all the kinks out of that yet so he probably shouldn't try it unless absolutely necessary. Sarutobi looked around the room and Genma, still grinning, threw an arm around Iruka's shoulders.
 
“He finally got himself a girlfriend Hokage-sama.” Sandaime looked at the extremely embarrassed young man and smiled.
 
“Congratulations Iruka.” He said even though he had the feeling Iruka did not in fact have a girlfriend but he wouldn't say anything to further embarrass him. With that the room settled down although people whispered to new comers who would quietly congratulate the continually blushing chuunin.
 
--------------------------
Iruka turned at the sound of an amused chuckle and smiled at Sarutobi.
 
“I haven't seen you blush quiet that badly in years. Am I right in suspecting Genma's statement wasn't quite accurate?” Iruka looked away but nodded.
“I never would have expected that at the beginning.”
 
“Even with the way you pushed us together Hokage-sama?”
 
“I merely wanted you to have a friend you could rely on and truly be yourself around but I am happy that both of you have more than that. You both deserve whatever happiness you can find.” Iruka looked back at him and gifted him with a brilliant smile.
 
“Thank you.” He whispered.
“I…I showed him. I removed my illusions and he…he said I'm beautiful. Why couldn't they…” Iruka broke off, fighting down a sob. Sarutobi moved to place a gentle hand on his shoulder.
 
“You're parent loved you Iruka, never doubt that.” He assured the younger man. Watching him earlier and now he finally pushed aside all thought that Iruka would ever betray Konoha. He had too many people here he loved and Sarutobi could tell Iruka loved Kakashi and their `kids'.
 
TBC…