Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Desperately ❯ Why Live? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. Masashi Kishimoto and Co owns the show.
Here is just a little something I WISH Sakura said to Sasuke every time he was rude to her. I got the idea from a book I read called Cut. Read it, it's GOOD!
But here's her profile first…
Has a black Chinese style long sleeve shirt below her waist with red cuffs and clips. Her cargo pants were a dark gray color with many pockets. She dyed her hair black and brushed bangs to cover her forehead leaving that pink. It was usually in a messy bun, but sometimes she let it out. For now, it's in a bun!
 
ON WITH THE STORY……………………Episode 3
Scene: Sasuke tells off Sakura
 
“You're annoying.” Sasuke said annoyed and angrily.
 
“Why thank you.I try my best!” Sakura agreed checking her nails. “It's just so fun!”
 
Sasuke turned back around, “What did you say to me?” He asked.
 
“You didn't hear?I said `Why thank you.I try my best!It's just so fun!' I'm not repeating myself again.If you want to make sure you got it right get a hearing aid.” Sakura snapped.
 
Sasuke was surprised at her remarks. “What's your problem?”
 
“I was beginning to ask you that too…” Sakura said still checking her nails.
 
“You didn't answer my question.” Sasuke said icily.
 
“You didn't say I had to.Are you done with the questions yet?We're supposed to meet our sensei.” Sakura said putting her hand down.
 
“You're really starting to anger me.Fight me now.” Sasuke got into his battle stance and took out a kunai.
 
“Hmph…I can tell in your eyes that there's something else more important you'd rather do than fight me.A vendetta maybe?You still hung over about your clan?” Sakura sat back down.
 
“You don't know what if feels like to have all you're family dead in front you.You make me sick.” Sasuke stood in front of Sakura and analyzed her up and down.
 
“Oh I see now.Your vendetta is to restore your clan and kill Itachi, am I wrong?” Sakura stated.
 
“How do you know that!?” Sasuke asked/yelled.
 
“I've heard.It's not that hard to find out news around here.” Sakura stretched her arms.
 
Sasuke was confused and angry at the same time. “I'm finished talking.”
 
“You have along way to go, pal.” Sakura walked away then stopped and turned her head.
 
“You were saying you wanted to fight me.Or are you all talk?Showing mercy is not a sign of kindess.It is a sign of weakness.But who am I to talk?” She ran off to the Academy.
 
“What does that mean?” Sasuke asked himself.
 
Episode 19 Scene: The day Sasuke dies and comes back to life…….
 
Crap!Sasuke if you don't work out some miracle I'm gonna start crying…Any time now… Sakura thought to herself.
 
Then Sasuke opened his eyes and looked at Sakura. “You're squeezing my arm…that hurts…” He said hoarsely.
 
“Didn't I tell you before?Showing mercy is not a sign a kindness.It is a sign of weakness.It is the reason Haku did so which cost him his life.” Sakura said with teary eyes. “You're lucky I didn't start crying…Or else you'd be soaked.” She wiped a tear.
 
Sasuke sat up quickly. “He's dead!?Did Naruto kill him?” Sasuke asked.
 
“Don't get up so fast.Naruto did not kill him.Haku died trying to protect Zabuza.” Sakura said quietly. “Just stay here and take it easy.”
 
Sakura got up and walked over to Naruto. “Everything's fine now.Sasuke's been spared.” Sakura said sort of unamused.
 
Naruto turned around to see Sasuke wave and stand up.Naruto grinned and tears formed in his eyes.
 
“Yeah I'm happy too!” Sakura patted his shoulder. “Friendship really does pay off, huh?”
 
Naruto nodded and turned back to Kakashi.
 
Episode 20 Scene: Sasuke tells Sakura she's weaker than Naruto
 
“You're just as bad as Naruto.In fact, you're worse than Naruto.” Sasuke said icily.
 
“Big whoop!Let's have a party everybody!Cause guess what!?I'M WORSE THAN NARUTO!!” Sakura yelled so the whole world could hear.
 
Kakashi poofed away in smoke and Naruto turned around surprised.
 
Sasuke turned his head with a confused look on his face. “What?” He asked.
 
“I already told you to get a hearing aid Sasuke.” Sakura said.
 
“I didn't mean that as a compliment, you know.” Sasuke said annoyed.
 
“Well, hey.If you don't have anything good to say, don't say nothing at all.” Sakura said.
 
“I can say what I please.” Sasuke fully turned towards her.
 
“Oh wow!You just figured that out?Next time if you get it right we can celebrate that you actually have a brain!” Sakura gave him a victory sign.
 
“I dare you to say that again.” Sasuke's eyes narrowed.
 
“That's fine by me.Just let me slow it down a bit. You….Don't…Have…A…Brain…Do you need me to go any slower?” Sakura smiled widely.
 
“You are so annoying.I wish you weren't born.” Sasuke glared at her.
 
“I'm glad somebody agrees!I wish I wasn't born either!Life is such a nuisance.” Sakura put her hands on her hips.
 
“Then do us all a favor and just die.” Sasuke put his hands in his pockets.
 
“I'll keep that in mind next time…” She walked past him and a tear rolled down her eye.
 
Sasuke noticed and turned around to watch her back.She disappeared in the village and Sasuke headed to his house.
 
Sakura went to a beach and watched the sun slowly set against the water. So I'm annoying, a nuisance, and he wishes I never existed.Why did he have to be rude?
 
She threw a pebble to the water, which was meant to skip, but it sunk. Is that what I am to him?A worthless rock that can't do anything special but sink?Maybe I should do him the favor…But first, I'll take care of the Sand nuisance.
 
Sakura was walking back to where Naruto was when she was Konohamaru being hung by the neck by some Sand ninja.
 
“Put him down, you idiot.” She said pushing Moegi and Udon out of the way. “Step aside you two. We can't have you guys getting hurt.” They nodded and backed off.
 
“Sakura…are you sure you can take those guys down?” Naruto asked.
 
“They're just bugs, Naruto! I can get them no problem!” She answered.
 
“Why you-! Get over here you little weasel girl!” The Sand ninja boy said.
 
“The name's Sakura, got it?! And I'm not a weasel girl! So stop the name calling and fight me already!” Sakura got into fighting stance.
 
“I'm not involved in this.” The Sand ninja girl said. “You shouldn't go on Kankuro. You'll get it as it is.”
 
“Whatever. Might as well pass time until the nuisance gets here!” Kankuro said sliding off his puppet from his back.
 
“Don't tell me you're going to use the `crow! “ The girl asked.
 
“Relax Temari! I'll only be a minute!” He replied.
 
“I'll shove that piece of shit up your ass, Kankuro!” Sakura cussed at him.
 
“S-Sakura!!” Naruto yelled in surprise. He had never heard his comrade talk like this before!
 
Suddenly, a rock was thrown onto Kankuro's hand, making him drop Konohamaru. “Ow…!”
 
“What are you doing in our village? Get lost!” Sasuke said crushing pebbles in his hand.
 
“Oh look, another nuisance. Come down, little squirrel!” Kankuro teased. “I'll fight you too!”
 
“Kankuro, stop.” A cold voice said startling everyone. Upside down on a tree branch revealed a strange red-headed boy with a love tattoo on his forehead a few meters away from Sasuke on the same tree.
 
“Have you forgotten why we came here?” He asked.
 
“Ga-Gaara…” Kankuro stammered his words.
 
“It annoys me that you'd lose your patience over a quarrel with children.” This Gaara character says.
 
“I'm sorry! It won't happen again, I swear!” He apologized.
 
“Excuse my friend's behavior…” Gaara said as he disappeared in a small whirlwind. He managed to hit Kankuro with a mere stone…And that girl…
 
“ Let's go.” Gaara said reappearing in front of his teammates.
 
“I can tell by your headbands that your ninja from the Sand village. What brings you to Konoha? Is the chuunin exam coming up?” Sakura asked.
 
“At least one of them has some sense. And yes, we are here for the chuunin exams.” Temari said before walking again.
 
“Wait! What's your name?” Sasuke asked jumping right in front of Sakura.
 
“M-Me?” Temari asked flustered.
 
“No! I was talking to the guy with the gourd.” Sasuke said pointing to Gaara.
 
“His name is Gaara, genius.” Sakura said walking away. “If you hadn't heard, that's what they called him.”
 
“Shut it, moron.” Sasuke snapped back.
 
“Still need that hearing aid, Sasuke!” She answered picking up Konohamaru. “You okay?”
 
“Y-yea…thanks,” He replied.
 
“My name is Gaara of the Desert. I'm interesting about you too. Who-?” Gaara tried to say but…
 
“He's gay, that's what.” Sakura interrupted. “Don't bother.”
 
“Uchiha, Sasuke.” Sasuke said. “So shut up, Sakura!”
 
“That was so gay.” Sakura said flatly. “That was a homo situation…yikes.”
 
“And you are?” Gaara asked Sakura.
 
“Sakura…Haruno, Sakura.” Sakura said not looking him in the eye.
 
“You can leave now.” Sasuke said.
 
“Yea, whatever. Hey, Naruto! If they start making out, don't forget to tell me the details!
Sakura called walking away.
 
She went back to her house.Sakura ran up the stairs and locked her door. She grabbed a kunai and held it up to her neck. If it's a dead girl he wants, it's a dead girl he gets!
 
Then there was a knocking at the door. “Sakura, are you alright?You seemed very upstet.” Sakura's mother said.
 
“Are you Ok sweet heart?” Her father said.
 
“I don't want to live anymore!” Sakura yelled back.
 
“Don't do anything drastic!Please!Honey we have to do something!” Mrs. Haruno said clutching her husbands's arm.
 
He kicked the door open at the time Sakura had some scratches on both sides of her neck.She was about to aim for the middle.
 
“Sakura NO!!” Her mother hit the kunai out of her hand.
 
“Give that back to me!” Sakura yelled insanely.She jumped for it but her father grabbed her arms. “Get a hold of yourself!” He scolded.
 
“Let me go!!Let me go I said!!LET GO!!” Sakura yelled at the top of her lungs.
 
Mrs. Haruno hit Sakura in the back of her neck and she fell on the floor. I couldn't do it…
 
*NEXT DAY*
 
“Where's Sakura?She's even later than you sensei!” Naruto pouted.
 
“I haven't heard much but they said she's been take to a psychiatrist for special reasons.Let's just go on without her.” Kakashi explained.
 
 
Sasuke was alarmed but didn't show it. Psychiatrist?Did she try to do something to herself?
 
PSYCHIATRIST'S OFFICE
 
“Is there anything that has been seriously bothering you to go this far?” The woman asked.
 
Sakura stayed silent. “Why don't you answer at least one question?I've been through at least 15 by now…” The lady tried to keep her patience but Sakura kept her mouth shut.
 
She had shadows under her eyes from fighting her parents and no sleep.She fought her parents from night to the morning until they forced her to the psychiatrist.Sakura didn't want to take a shower so she wore a big black t-shirt and tattered shorts.
 
 
Sigh…We're getting nowhere.Please take your daughter and leave.” The lady stood and showed hem out.
 
“Sakura, what is wrong with you?” Her father scolded.
 
“....” Sakura ran back to her house.
 
“Sakura…” Her mother muttered as she watched her daughter disappear in a few minutes.
 
The next day
 
Sakura put on the same tattered shorts and a red tank top with fishnets under them.She slowly walked to the training field being 2 hours later than her sensei.
 
“Sakura, where were you yesterday?” Naruto practically yelled in her ear. She didn't reply.
 
“…” She stared into his eyes blankly.
 
“And what's up with the bandages?!Were you attacked or somethime?!” Naruto yelled again.
 
She unconsciously touched her neck but quickly put her hand down. “…”
 
“Okay…Let's get on with training, since Sakura doesn't seem like she's going to answer our questions.” Her sensei said taking out a kunai. Sakura stared at it with amusement. “Sakura?”
 
She looked up at him and then turned away. “As I was saying before you came, try to attack me with kunai in close combat.” He said. “Now!”
 
Sasuke and Naruto ran to their sensei but Sakura stood and watched. She slowly walked away into the area where more trees were around; sharp bark. She held her arm against the tree and started rubbing her arm roughly against it. A smile crept on her face as she felt her own blood trickle down her arm.
 
I feel awesome… She thought before she was engulfed by darkness.
***
 
“She's waking up.” A deep voice said as Sakura opened her eyes and saw her teammates and parents surrounding her. Her eyes widened when she couldn't get up. She struggled to move and saw the restraints on her.
 
“Don't bother sweetie. You're being restrained from doing that again.” Her mother said. Naruto's eyes widened when he heard the heart monitor start going faster when she started to fight the straps like her life depended on it.
 
“Sakura, stop it! You'll only hurt yourself even more!” He tried stopping her but it wouldn't work. She saw Sasuke smirking in the corner of her eye and it only made her try harder. “Sakura!!”
 
“Stand back child.” A nurse pushed him out of the way with a needle in her hand. She jabbed it into Sakura's leg and her eyes rolled back.
 
“I just wanna…die…” Sakura mumbled as she fell into a forced sleep.
 
“Why would she want to do something like this?” Kakashi asked himself. Sasuke closed his eyes almost regretting what he had said to Sakura. Almost.
 
“Maybe she's finally lost it.” Sasuke said shrugging.
 
“Sasuke…!” His sensei said warningly.
 
“I've seen enough!” Her mother walked out of the room.
 
“Visiting hours is over anyway. Everyone, out!” The nurse said as she shut off the light. “Sakura needs her rest.”
 
What's going to happen next, Sakura? You're entertaining me so… Someone from the shadows outside the windows thought.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So….how was it? I know it wasn't all that funny as I wanted it to be, but it'll get more intense, serious, and maybe a little funnier! And of course a little romance! And maybe I might OOC somebody too much…I dunno! ^^
Plz review!