Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Desperately ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Hey! I just finished reading this other book called The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke!!! It's really awesome! You have to read it! Anyways, ready this first!!!! ^^
 
 
 
“Get back here, Sakura!!” Some nurses and doctors yelled in unison. They had been chasing her for five minutes; she broke the restraints again. And she still wouldn't talk at all. Or eat.
 
She turned back and smirked at them, then kept going. She turned a corner and clipped a man's leg making him trip and drop a tray of needles. Sakura was trying to make them slow down for her escape! Then, she bumped into a short shadowy figure, quite familiar to her. She growled.
 
“S-Sakura?” Naruto said surprised to see her running around. “What are you doing?”
 
“I don't know what she sees in you!” She yelled, finally speaking for the first time in a whole week.
 
“Saku-” She cut him off.
 
“She's not here.” `Sakura' said pushing him out of the way but he grabbed her arm.
 
“But you're Sakura!” Naruto yelled back.
 
“It's Zakura to you, filthy human!” Her voice layered with coldness. “Get your disgusting hands off me.”
 
“What's up with you?! I just want to help!” Naruto said.
 
“She doesn't need your help. She needs mine and mine alone.” The Zakura girl hissed.
 
“But-” He tried to argue but she already ran away. “Sakura…”
 
“Dammit…!” Zakura cursed to herself finally making it outside of the building. “That idiot saw me.”
 
“Sakura.” She knew that voice anywhere.
 
“Kakashi. What do you want?” She asked.
 
“I see your finally talking again. And since you managed to escape, there's no reason to drag you back in there. How about you come say with me, deal?” He said without looking away from his book.
 
“…Fine.” She said after a hesitant pause.
 
They were walking slowly in the village when the real Sakura stopped and looked at her sensei sadly.
“I-I bumped into Naruto at the hospital…he's worried about me.”
 
“We're all worried about you.” He said putting his book away.
 
“Sasuke's not.” She said quietly.
 
“Is this why you're doing this? Because of Sasuke?!” Kakashi said gripping her shoulder. “Well?”
 
“I didn't mean to go this far…I was supposed to die a week ago! Until…!” She stopped short.
 
“Until?”
 
She looked at him seriously but doubt was in her eyes. “Sensei, I don't know why, but I couldn't control any of my actions ever since that day. When I do…that…I feel so- so good. I really do! But when I think about it over and over, I start to regret it.”
 
“Do you seek help?” He asked.
 
“…I think my other is trying to help…in her own ways.” Sakura said. “She's someone I've always wanted to be. Except for the bitchy part.”
 
“Sakura, are you going to listen to everything he says?”
 
“I'm sorry.” She looked the other direction. “But if it's the only way to get his attention…I am truly, desperately willing.”
 
“You'll wither away soon. Don't do this!” Kakashi said. “Please…your parents are worried.”
 
“All they want is a perfect daughter. I have many flaws…and I don't plan on fixing them for their pleasure.” She crossed her arms saying this, “Dumb pieces of shit.”
 
“Don't talk about them that way! They really do love you, Sakura.” He said pleadingly. “At least try to get better!”
 
“There was nothing wrong with her at the start, bitch!” She yelled. “Mind your own damn business!”
 
“S-Sakura?!” He said confused from her sudden change. “What-?”
 
“She doesn't need you, or anyone else to help her! She has me and that's all she needs to make her fill the whole she has! So fuck off!” Zakura had taken over.
 
“You can't have your way.” Kakashi said coming in closer.
 
“Don't make me hurt you, Hatake. I'm very dangerous when I'm pissed, especially when I'm in the presence of a mortal!” She said cracking her knuckles.
 
“There's no way you could ever defeat me. You'll only destroy Sakura's body.” He muttered loud enough only Zakura could hear.
 
“Then back off. Walk away!” Zakura said waving her hand to make him leave. “Shoo fly, don't bother me!”
 
He waited awhile, until finally turning his back and walked away. Bad move. Zakura, spirit swift and fast inside Sakura's body, ran to him without being able to be sensed quick enough. She grabbed his ankles, pulled them, and he was slammed to the ground. She went for a punch, but Kakashi moved fast enough to pin her down.
 
“I'm telling you now, stop this.” He said as his final warning. “Sakura…!”
 
She stopped her struggle and sighed loudly. “Just stay outta my way, and we'll get along peachy.”
 
 
THE NEXT DAY
 
It was early in the morning, and their sensei still hadn't arrived yet. Where was he, making them wait so long? Sakura was in a…sober mood. She changed her wardrobe around since she was changing also. Everything was pink and black, just like her hair.
 
She wore black shirt with pink sleeves and v-neck with fishnets up to her elbows. Her cargo shorts were a faded pink, about up to her knees. She had black Mary Jane flats and her hair was in a messy bun with a pink ribbon.
 
“…The hell is Kakashi at?” Sakura said aloud making her teammates turn to her. “I'll go home in a few minutes if he doesn't come back. I didn't even get a second look in the mirror before finishing my hair.”
 
“I overslept and didn't get to wash my face or brush my teeth!!” Naruto yelled in reply.
 
“Naruto…that was just pushing the point. I really didn't need to hear that.” Sakura said walking away. “I'm going-“
 
Then, Kakashi appeared right in front of her. “Good morning! A black cat crossed my path so I had to take a longer one…”
 
“You walked the same path I did and then you suddenly disappeared. There was not cat.” Sakura said flatly. “So, what's the news?”
 
“I've nominated you guys for the Chuunin Selection Exam. Here are your applications!” He said holding out three forms in his hands. “It's up to you whether you want to take it or not.”
 
“That's what I'm talking about!! I'll kill every bitch that tries to take away my chance to become a chuunin! Sensei, you rock my shit!!” Sakura said snatching a paper and earning weird stares. “What?!”
 
“Sign the applications and hand them in six days from now at the Academy in room 301, at 3PM. That is all.” He said before disappearing in a puff of smoke.
 
“Naruto, you seem kinda down. Usually you'd be yelling for joy by now!” Sakura said looking at Naruto.
 
“Yea…” Naruto said without really paying attention to what she said. Sakura's gonna take the exam…is she really gonna be okay?
 
“Maybe I can fight Gaara…and maybe you too.” She said looking towards Sasuke. “I love a challenge.”
 
“Like you could ever defeat me.” Sasuke said crossing him arms thinking similar thoughts.
 
“Maybe I can, maybe I can't. Alls fair in love and war!” Sakura yelled raising her fist in the air. “I got this exam in the bag!!”
 
The day before the sign up, Sakura sat in the living room laying on the couch. Chuunin exams, huh? Do I really have what it takes to control myself?
 
Of course Sakura!! We'll kill `em all!! You only need me!
 
I only need you…that is right. I only need you to protect me, only you.
 
I'll always be here for my sweet, precious Sakura.
 
There was a knock at the door. “ Who is it?” Sakura said sitting up on the couch. Was it an intruder? Her sensei doesn't have a voice like that!
 
“It's Naruto, so open the door!” He yelled back. It was…the real Naruto! There was no illusion!
 
“Go away!” She snapped throwing a pillow at the door. “I don't wanna talk!!”
 
“Just give me a few minutes to explain myself!” Naruto said. He almost sounded…sad.
 
“I'm listening.” She answered cracking the door open just a bit. “Well…?”
 
“Please, don't take the exam. You'll only hurt yourself. And…and I can't watch you suffer, Sakura!!”
 
“No, I made up my mind. I'm taking the exam! So go away!!” Sakura yelled about to shut the door but Naruto put his foot it and kicked it back open.
 
“I won't go away, ever! I wanna to help you, Sakura! Why can't you see that?!” Naruto said grabbing her wrists. “Why?!”
 
“N-Naruto…I already have someone to look after me so…GET OFF!!” She struggled against his hard grip. Sakura stared into his eyes and saw red, not his pools of cerulean. “Naruto…?”
 
“Let me help you, Sakura.” He said, his voice dripping with coldness and his aura growing more vicious. Naruto pulled in closer, foreheads touching each other. “Please.”
 
Sakura felt sadness and anxiety at the same time. She felt the sudden urge to cut herself but she was so sad to hear Naruto's words. A single tear fell from her eye. “Don't you get it? I'm doing fine by myself…Naruto, don't-”
 
He planted a kiss on her, making her cheeks turn rosy red. Naruto parted from her, and looked into her sea green eyes. “Sakura.” His eyes were still red and his whiskers darkened.
 
“…I'm sorry, Naruto. But my love stays…with Sasuke.” She said after a slight pause and closed the door on him. “Forgive me.”
 
He stood there paralyzed. Sakura rejected his love, all of it. For a man who didn't have the slightest feelings for her…or did he?
 
“Sakura, I love you anyway.” He said before walking home, his heart breaking each step.
 
“Naruto…” Sakura muttered sliding the door. “Why now?”
 
The next day, Sasuke and Sakura were waiting for Naruto to come. He finally showed up not looking either of them in the eye. “Morning.”
 
“Good morn-” Sakura tried to say putting her hand to his shoulder, but he slapped it away.
 
“Don't touch me.” Naruto said quietly before walking in the building.
 
“N-Naruto…” Sakura said rubbing her now stinging hand, “That hurt.”
 
What's up with those two? Especially Naruto… Sasuke thought to himself.
 
When they walked to the `third' floor, two ninja were blocking the door. A girl with twin buns and a thick browed ninja were on the floor with bruises were on the floor. What's going on?
 
“Hey, you two! Undo the shitless illusion so I can get outta here.” Zakura said taking over again.
 
“Sakura sensed it even before we entered the building. Don't try anything with us.” Sasuke added walking to her side.
 
“Oh, so you knew huh?” The brown haired one said.
 
“Let's see if you can handle…this!” The spiky haired one said making a kick to Sasuke. He put his leg up to kick back, but the boy in the green jumpsuit caught both their legs.
 
“He's pretty good.” Zakura muttered to herself.
 
“Hey, Lee! You broke the promise we made. We weren't going to attract attention to ourselves, remember?” A boy with lavender eyes said, almost scolding him.
 
“I know but…” He said looking towards Zakura. She blinked in confusion and took a few steps back.
 
“Just forget it.” The girl with twin buns said shaking her head.
 
“My name is Rock, Lee. And you are Sakura, right?” Lee asked blushing.
 
“Uh…?” Was all Zakura could spat out before he gave the thumbs up pose.
 
“Will you go out with me? I'll protect you with my life!!” He said. They all could've sworn a sparkle flashed on his teeth…
 
“H-H-Hell to the naw!!” Zakura snapped back. “I don't need you to protect me, and why the fuck would I date you?!”
 
He bowed his head in defeat and Naruto just laughed at him for trying.
 
“Hey you two, what are your names?” The lavender haired boy asked.
 
“It's common courtesy to-” Sasuke tried to say but…
 
“Haruno, Sakura. These are my servants Uzumaki, Naruto and Uchiha, Sasuke. I take it you are-” Zakura said but Naruto cut her off.
 
“S-Servants!? What gave you that idea?!” Naruto yelled, reverting back to his normal self.
 
“As I was saying…” Zakura said smirking at his remark. “I take it you are a Hyuga from your eyes. Could you be, Neji?”
 
“Yes, I am.” Neji said walking away like he was all cool and stuff.
 
“Naruto, Sasuke let's go!” Sakura took control again and walked with her team.
 
They walked up the stairs, Naruto and Sakura side by side.
 
“Look Naruto, putting aside the exam, don't get all mad because of yesterday. We can still be the best of friends, I promise.” Sakura muttered so only Naruto could hear. She held out her pink to make swear.
 
“…Okay!” Naruto said giving her his signature smile and laced his finger with her. “It's a done deal!”
 
“Alright!! Big bad chuunin exams, Sakura's in the building! Let the freaks keep on comin'!” She yelled, Sasuke thinking similar thoughts.
 
“Don't get too excited. You're the freakiest one here.” Sasuke said looking back for her comeback. She didn't look him in the eye, just stayed quiet,
 
“Shut up.” Sakura mumbled rushing past them so they couldn't see her tears. “Just shut up.”
 
“Sasuke, this is your fault isn't it?” Naruto finally realized what made Sakura act his way. It was his rival, Sasuke!
“It's none of your business, moron.” Sasuke kept his cool demeanor, but inside he kept fighting the urge to apologize.
 
“You're heartless, Sasuke.” Naruto said glaring holes in Sasuke's back.
 
“Ya mean shitless.” Zakura took over once more seeing that Sakura wouldn't be able to make it past the steps. “He's a hollow piece a shit.”
 
“What's up with you and shit today?” Naruto muttered.
 
“I'm starting to like that word. It's part of the language, ya know?” Zakura said smiling at him. “It's a girl thing.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sorry I took so long! I wrote the chapter, but I didn't like it so I rewrote it again. -.-“ My bad!! So plz review! Oh yes, and I have an account on deviant art now! Just go to deviantart.com and type in Jazziey. MAKE SURE U SPELL IT RIGHT!!!
You'll find all my pix of Sakura and Zakura, and some other people from stories I might write soon. Sakura and Zakura are the black and white pics. One of them is digital and it's Zakura when she was in the hospital yelling at Naruto from this chapter.
PCE!! And Happy Thanksgiving~!