Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Desperately ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello readers! Yea…I'm bored. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday I'll post up Masquerade Ball. I'm not sure yet thought. Anyway, the profiles for Broken In Pieces are all finished. Now I'm still working on the plot. But, enough of the boring stuff. Here you go!
 
-I'm just gonna skip the fight cuz I'm lazy and evil.-
 
ZAKURA'S POV
 
So we officially won this battle. Naruto gave the finishing blow to those three weird guys in the end. Speaking of weird guys, I'm a little wary of this Kabuto guy. When he gave that ninja an evil look…it took me back. It almost reminded me of Orochimaru but, I can't say.
 
“That was totally kick ass,” I said sitting on the ground. I guess I'll stick around for a while to see what happens. Watching the exams in person after so many years is exciting! (hehehe…a clue!)
 
Sakura and Naruto started searching the ninja's pants for the scroll. It was actually quite amusing though! Sakura's pants were totally ragged from this fight and the previous ones. So she had to snatch one of theirs. It was very, very loose and even the belt they wore still made it sag. I kept my tattered capris though. They're more comfy!
 
“I found a Heaven scroll!!” Naruto yelled jumping up in the air. Well, I'm not excited but I'm just glad the journey will continue!
***
 
“THANK KAMI!!” I screamed when we finally made it to the freakin' tower. Do you know how long we've been walking?! And we had to wait for Sasuke and I to catch up because bird boy had to be carried! Plus, we wasted time when Sakura was being stubborn and refused to carry bird boy.
 
“Kabuto, you're late!” Someone scolded. I turned and saw two other ninja come from the bushes. They had the same clothes like Kabuto on and it seemed sooo GAY!!
 
“Yea, well, I ran into some obstacles along the way.” Kabuto shrugged as if that was a good excuse. Why would he give his teammates bull like that? Even if it is true?!
 
“It's a damn good thing you did show up or else we'd never get that scroll!” Sakura said.
 
“I only helped a little. You guys did most of the work!” Kabuto said. “This is the door we go through. Good luck!”
 
“You too man.” Naruto replied. I kicked open the door and we stepped in this room. Honestly, it looked like piece of shit to me. If they were having the exam in here, I'd die of being surrounded by shit! We finally made it to the door and guess what? There's an empty room with a shitty parchment hanging on the wall! I remember this place from years ago. Ah, good times…
 
“Get off me bird boy!!” I yelled pushing him away from me. I did NOT want to carry that fool and I will certainly not do it even if I was paid! I wish I did get money though cuz his fall was priceless!!
 
“Bitch!” He muttered under his breath. Did he just call me a…?
 
“Listen up midget! Little birds like you shouldn't be talking all that foul language! Plus, you should respect your elders!” I said putting my hand on my hip. “So don't talk smack with me lil' birdy!”
 
“Elders?! How OLD are you?!” Bird boy demanded. I think that was an insult but I'll let is slide for the moment. I did look older than them, didn't I? I was like 5'5 and they're like 5 foot exactly. Some short ass 12 year olds…
 
“None of your business,” I replied. “You can open the scrolls now. Or at least that's what the shitty parchment means.”
 
“Well, let's open it then.” Naruto said tossing a scroll to Sakura. I could tell he was s till pissed off. Who wouldn't? His words were kinda true.
 
They opened the scrolls and smoke started to appear from them. Sasuke told them to drop them and a giant poof came from the other side of the room. There, I saw Iruka appear from the smoke. He's grown a lot since the fox attacked the village. What was he, 12, back then?
 
“Iruka-sensei!” The others yelled in unison. But I could see his eyes were focused directly on me. Does he even remember me from way back when?
 
“You!!” He exclaimed pointing an accusing finger at me. “How are you still alive?!”
 
“Now is not the time Iruka. The Third knows about my arrival, but for now you do your job. We can catch up later.” I said. So, he does remember me. I know everyone else will too.
 
He explained all that crap while I just looked around being bored. Damn, how long has it been since I've stayed in Konoha? Twelve years may be? Shit.
 
“Just go through the balcony and the room is at your left. Good luck. Zakura?” Iruka called. I looked at him and stood up. Judgment time…
 
“Sakura,” I said and she came over. I whispered in her ear. “Take care of yourself. I'll be watching from a distance.”
 
She nodded slowly and I could feel her anxiety rise. She doesn't to leave without me. “Don't worry. But seriously, watch it.” And I walked away.
 
***
“Welcome back, Zakura.” The Third greeted. He looked good even after all these years.
 

“Hello Sarutobi. You seem well,” I returned the greeting.
 
“Are you here to watch the exams? Or is there something else you're here for this time?” He asked.
 
“Both actually. Orochimaru is making his move. He wants Sasuke, and someone has their eyes set on Sakura. I don't know whom though. It's my job to keep and eye on her.” I replied.
 
“I see. Why don't you stay? You can actually get a good fight in the beginning of the exam. You can show examples to the genin. How about Kakashi?” Sarutobi suggested.
 
“Kakashi? The White Fang's son?” I asked. He nodded. “Interesting. I except.”
 
“Wonderful.”
 
“Just like old times eh, Zakura? Or should I say Onya?” A voice said from behind. I turned and saw my old time friend, Kakashi.
 
“You have grown, Kakashi. And your students kick ass!” I said standing up. We shook hands and grinned stupidly at each other. Well at least I think that's what he did under his mask.
 
“You as well. The exams will begin in a few minutes. Other contestants are just coming into the arena.” Kakashi said.
 
“Eh…? Preliminaries again? It's been years!” I said in amazement. These new rookies were truly amazing!!
 
“Lord Hokage! We have a situation at hand!” A chuunin said holding Anko in his arms. It was obvious her seal was irritating her.
 
“It's Orochimaru, isn't it.” The Third and I said in unison. It was a statement, not a question.
 
“O-Onya?!” Anko asked in disbelief from seeing me. I was pretty surprised too. I haven't seen her since she was in league with Orochimaru.
 
“Greetings Anko,” I said giving a peace sign. “How've you been, girl?”
 
“I can see you're still immature,” Anko said rolling her eyes. She grunted in pain and fell on her knees. “Since you know the situation, why don't you help us?”
 
“I won't get involved in shit he does. But, I will stick around and keep and eye on things. This should be very entertaining-” I started to say but got cut off by the tv.
 
“Anko, there are exactly 21 contestants that passed the second exam. According to the rules, we'll have to hold preliminary rounds to single out the numbers. That is all.”
 
“See? Entertaining.” I clarified sticking out my tongue like a child.
 
“Shut up Onya. Let's get this stupid test over with,” Anko said putting the sleeve of her jacket back on.
 
“Bossy bitch…” I muttered walking away with the Third.
 
“I heard that!” Anko yelled after me. I guess I really am immature huh? Hehehe!
***
They all lined up in some special order in the arena…room thingy. I was just chillaxing on the balcony behind the genin. They couldn't see me until Sarutobi made the call for me to down. Maybe I'll make some tacky ass entry or something.
 
“Okay, the Hokage himself will explain this exam to you so listen closely ya maggots!” Anko yelled. Then her voice got all soft, “They're all yours Lord Hokage.”
 
“Didn't have to all `em maggots…” I muttered to myself so no one could hear me. I'd yell it but that would ruin my tacky entrance…
 
Then, he started explaining the beginning of the chuunin exams and the essentials. You know, the boring shit.
 
“Give me everything you got and I can handle it. Just get down to the fighting part already.” That Gaara kid said. That dude is SOOO rude!!
 
I saw the Third give me the eye. I got up and stood on the railing. “Oh, we'll get down to the fighting part all right! Kakashi, it's time to see how much you've learned since I've been gone!”
 
Everyone turned around and saw me for the first time. They were all surprised to see me, especially the chunin and jonin. I could practically see the blush on some of the boy's faces and the look of awe on the girls. -cough- sarcasm -cough-
 
I had a dark blue kimono with white floral designs on the end of my sleeves and the bottom of my kimono (you imagine the flowers). My obi sash was white with light blue floral designs matching my kimono. Oh, and my ballerina flats were navy blue, almost black.
 
Kakashi sighed in annoyance and stepped forward from the crowd. “Whatever…” He pulled his headband from his left eye and revealed his Sharingan.
 
“I'll go easy on you…maybe.” I said smirking. I clapped my hands together and disappeared in a pile of ash. Everyone gasped in surprise. I reappeared in flames right before Kakashi's face.
 
“You won't be able to copy my techniques. They were made specifically for my body.” I stated.
 
“I won't need to. I have my own techniques.” Kakashi said raising his hand. I looked and saw lightening form in his hand. I've never seen this one before.
 
“That doesn't mean I can't control electricity either!” I added before dodging the thrust of his arm. I jumped high enough to grab onto a light hanging from the ceiling. My fist collided with the bulb and I felt currents flow through my arm.
 
“Are you insane?!” Some people yelled from below. I rolled my eyes and waited until my arm had electricity flowing in my veins. In my other hand, I had a ball of water forming. I flicked my head towards Kakashi, and it splashed all over his body. Excellent.
 
“Haven't you learned science?” I called down to them. “Water is a conductor of electricity.”
 
I jumped down and grabbed a handful of Kakashi's hair with my left hand. He wasn't affected. I saw the lightning in his hand still, blocking off the attack. My eyes turned pitch black and my hair became fire. They gasped.
 
I felt an arm on my shoulder. The Third. “That's enough Zakura.”
 
We backed away from each other and bowed. My hair and eyes went back to normal and Kakashi put his headband back down. “That was fun, right?”
 
“I guess.” Kakashi replied walking back to his place in line. I stood next to the Hokage and met the shocked faces of the genin. I took a step back feeling a little scared. Why were they staring me down like that? What if they attack me like before?!
 
“Don't worry. They won't do anything to you.” The Third reassured me. I relaxed a little, but I still kept a wary look on everyone. Especially Gaara. He was eyeing me funny…
 
Then, a ninja jumped right in front of us. I flinched slightly surprised from him. He just came from literally outta nowhere!
 
“Lord Hokage, I am the proctor of the third exam. Please allow me to explain the exams.” The ninja said. Honestly, he looks like he could drop dead any moment. And then, he just had a cough attack.
 
“Ya nasty…” I mumbled moving to the other side of Sarutobi. That germ spreading, nasty ass ninja!
 
“Zakura, show some respect!” Sarutobi said nudging my ribs with his elbow. I pouted and looked away. He chuckled at my response. So that germ guy was actually named Hayate. He started explaining the preliminary round and no one was happy. I wasn't either! I don't wanna stay and watch dammit! I need some shuteye!
 
“The prelims will begin immediately.” Hayate announced. I heard some complaints but I only paid attention to one.
 
“When do we get to eat?!” Chouji complained.
 
“Damn right. I need some food!” I muttered under my breath.
 
“If anyone does not feel up to this, you may raise your hand. I will check for your name and then you may leave.” Hayate said. Who the fuck would do that?!
 
“Anyone who quits is a pussy.” I stated to myself. But somehow everyone else heard me and I heard some snickers. But it's true!
 
“Will you shut up and stop making your damn comments?!” Anko yelled.
 
“Well, it's true and that's that! I mean, c'mon! Who would give up on this test! Wouldn't you want to see if your strong enough or not?!” I retorted crossing my arms.
 
“Enough!” Sarutobi yelled; his voice echoing in the room.
 
“Well damn…” I muttered feeling all little next to the guy. And he's shorter than me!
 
 
 
YAY!! I'm done! And the song of the week is… Where'd You Go- Fort Minor.
Anyways, here's some feedback.
 
AnimePrincessInuLover: I'm better now! And that 2-shot will be out in 2 weeks! See? I can be evil AND nice sometimes! See ya.
 
-Satans_Spawnisly_Daughter-: I updated, yay! I can't wait to read You're SELLING me?! Again! Please update that soon! And, enjoy the meds! U can get high offa that stuff! I know…
 
LusterBlossom: I know that you're saying. But still, I already know and won't tell lolz! Yea, I'm evil. There's gonna be a giant twist later and I already gave you some hints about Zakura in this chapter. Yea…pce out!
 
Sandragon: Yup, I'm evil, I got a reason! Lolz!!! I don't like Sasuke either but hey, no one knows the pairings except for me so haha! But it was a hard decision, I think I made the right one. Yea…so, ZAKURA 4 LIFE!! Lol. ^^
 
SmilezPeepz I outtie!