Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Desperately ❯ Chapter 13

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A man railed on me twice but I didn't care. Waiting is wasting for people like me. Don't try to live so wise. Don't cry, cause your so right. Don't dry with fakes or fears. Cause you will hate yourself in the end. - `Wind' by Akeboshi.
 
That's the first ending theme song for Naruto. It's AWESOME, and English! Anyway, I have the plot down for my story and I'm thinking of the Prologue as you read this! Ummm…what else? Oh yeah! If anyone reads the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, they're making a movie!! Plus, her new book, Breaking Dawn, is coming out August 2, 2008! You can order it now on her website and get it mailed to you when it comes out.
Okay, enough chit chat.
 
***I'm skipping ahead to the day of the exams because nothing special happens…
 
I practically dragged myself to the arena. Ever since Zakura left, my life is boring again. I cut myself more. I got taken back to a psychiatrist, again. I train until I drop, literally. What's the point of doing these things when I'm not in this exam? It's just to kill time. Yeah.
 
“Goth girl!!” I heard a shrill voice call. That had Ino written all over it. I turned around only to be tackled to the ground. “What's with you?!”
 
“Why do you care?” I retorted. I really didn't feel like talking to anyone today. I just wanted to watch everyone kill each other and the exams and enjoy the moment.
 
“I watched you trudge from your house to here so I had to see!” Ino answered ignoring me tone. “So…?”
 
“Nothing,” I said pushing her off me. She followed me anyway all the way to the arena. That's when I noticed her outfit. She looked like my twin but only in purple. “The hell are you wearing?!”
 
“I-I'm not being a biter or anything, I just wanted to change for the day…” Ino said. She had a purple tank top, black Capri, and purple flats. Plus, her eye shadow was black and her nails.
 
“Are you stalking me or something?” I asked. I had a faded black turtleneck with ripped sleeves, dark pink shorts, black flats, and pink arm warmers. “Never mind. You are a biter!”
 
“Am not!!” Ino snapped back. She crossed her arms and I turned my attention back to the arena. Somehow, we were already sitting down and the fighters were lined up. I saw a flash and there was Zakura, waving at me.
 
“Is she a biter too?!” I exclaimed. Ino looked in that direction and saw Zakura.
 
“Maybe…” Ino mumbled. Zakura had on a black cloak, some kind of gray dress under it, black boots up to her knees, and her hair was tied in two high pony tails.
 
Then she waved at me to come over to her. I sighed and got up. “Wanna come?”
 
“Whatever.” Ino said. We jumped down from the balcony and walked through the arena ignoring the stares we got.
 
“Sakura, Ino!!” Naruto yelled. He watched us as we walked by studiously ignoring him. I started glowering when I realized Sasuke wasn't standing with them. If he got scared and ran away, I swear I'll beat the crap out of him.
 
“Sup, squirts?” Zakura asked when we finally got over to her. I glowered even more when I saw her up close. “If you keep looking like that your face could get stuck…”
 
“Since when was that your concern?” I asked tonelessly. I got whacked in the back of my head. Damn you Ino.
 
“So, it seems Sasuke is being a pussy. If he doesn't show, we can just beat him up.” Zakura said.
 
I think this girl can read minds. “Of course!”
 
“Sarutobi, you know Sakura and Ino right?” Zakura asked turning around. He nodded and turned his head.
 
“Lord Kazekage! It's good to see you again!” He said. I looked and saw the Sand leader himself with the two most ugliest ninja EVER. Hehe! Yup, I have bad grammar…
 
“It's good to see you too. Who are these three ladies?” The Kazekage said sitting down on this throne chair thingy.
 
“The eldest is Zakura. The other two are Sakura and Ino.” The Third answered. Mr. Sandy stared at us funnily, especially Zakura. I looked back at her and I could see her smirking down at Gaara. He had the most confused face ever that it was surprising he could even make that face!
***ZAKURA'S POV
 
I was smirking at Gaara from all the way up here. He looked so confused, it was almost scary knowing he had more than one emotion. But, how could he help it? A few nights ago, I stirred things up big time!
 
-FLASHBACK-
 
I stood on a rooftop watching Gaara kill one of Orochimaru's sound ninja. He actually let Shukaku out for a few seconds too. It was pretty awesome, but it only lasted for a few minutes. At least the scream was gory enough. I didn't even see that much blood splatter anywhere! Eh…? I guess it's time for me to pay raccoon boy a visit!
 
I saw him breathing in so much air like it was his last. Come on now! With him killing like that, he should keep on living no problem with all the air in the world. You know what, forget I said that. If he ever challenged me, I'm positive he'd die and I'd take Shukaku with him.
 
“Ay, raccoon boy!” I called hopping down onto the roof he was on. The only thing separating us was that ninja and the giant hole claw marks made. “Hate to break it to you, but you kill awfully dull. There wasn't even that much blood!”
 
We stared at each other for a few seconds. He glared at me and I saw his sand rise, but that's all it did. It wouldn't take action, or even go past the hole. My lips twitched and I almost laughed. It seems Shukaku still remembers me.
 
“Who are you?” Gaara asked me. Okay, now I had to laugh at that. Wasn't that fool paying any attention during the exams? They announced my name like how many times? “What's funny?!”
 
I composed myself and managed to scowl so I masked the humor in my face. “Why don't you ask Shukaku? He knows.”
 
That's when he completely lost it. I had to bite my lip so hard to make sure I wouldn't dare laugh again. He clutched his head and started grunting. And there he was, Shukaku, the raccoon spirit with Gaara sitting on his head.
 
“What's up?” I greeted him. As I sat down, sand came beneath me and brought me to his level of eyesight. Gaara eyed me like I was insane. Well, who said I wasn't?
 
“What's brings you here today, kit?” Shukaku asked me, his voice almost terrorizing and knowing at the same time.
 
“Oh you know, the usual. Akastuki is stirring up trouble again so I'm here. Plus, I have the most entertaining news about their motives and members. Especially the leader.” I answered purring on the `er' in leader.
 
“They've started making their move again huh? That means I'm going first.” Shukaku said. He saw the hint of sadness in my eyes and quickly amended what he said. “But that doesn't mean I won't fight back!”
 
“Anyway about the leader. I have something that might spark you interest,” I said. I thought I saw a gleam in his eyes. “The leader of the Akatsuki, Pein, it not the actually leader. They say it is actually a man name…Uchiha, Madara.”
 
“W-What?!” He exclaimed making his voice boom in the village. I shushed him and continued.
 
**“I know right! And here's more news. He uses a fake name Tobi and his body is like a man in his late twenties. Even more, he wears a mask that covers his whole face except for his right eye, which reveals the Mangyekou Sharingan (sp?). Check this out. Years ago, an Uchiha named Obito got crushed by a rock and his left eye removed.
 
“That left eye is now Kakashi's. Coincidence isn't it? Obito would be the same age as the body of Tobi. Plus, Tobi is Obito backwards minus the second o. So my conclusion has come to this- The body of Madara is somehow Obito's body!!” I explained. **(This is MY conclusion about Madara okay? It may not be true.)
 
“That was well researched, even though it's a theory.” Shukaku finally said. I smiled tiredly and looked at Gaara. Now, he looked totally baffled. I laughed but then got cut off by a quiet yawn. “Go home kit. You're beat.”
 
“Oh, so you let me sleep but poor raccoon boy can't?” I teased crossing my arms. A little sand pebble was lightly flicked against my cheek. “Kidding, man. Oh well, g'night.”
 
I pecked Shukaku on his nose and jumped up to peck Gaara on his cheek. Plus, I gave a final warning. “You better watch yourself and keep Shukaku safe, got it?”
 
-END FLASHBACK-
 
Yea…that's what I did. Then I turned my attention back to his daddy. “Is something the matter sir?” I asked the Kazekage. I could feel his stare even through my reverie.
 
“No, nothing.” He answered turning his attention back to the arena. Then I turned by business to Sakura and Ino. Sakura was STILL glaring at me. She probably thinks I'm a biter or something.
 
“Excited at all? Naruto is up against the Hyuga kid. He'll give Hyuga the ass whippin' of a lifetime!!” I yelled putting my foot on the railing and sticking my fist in the air. Everyone in the crowd heard me. I could see Naruto blushing and Hyuga glaring.
 
I looked up to the sky and saw a bird circling ahead. Then I turned and saw the Third smiling at me. “Go.”
 
I smiled back and disappeared.
 
***NARUTO'S POV
 
Okay, Zakura totally embarrassed me in front of everyone. Now I HAVE to beat the shit out of Neji or else I won't live up to what she said. And I'm doing this for Hinata too. She tried her hardest and so did Lee. I won't give up. Believe it.
 
“Where's Sasuke?” I asked myself looking around. He was nowhere in the line.
 
“Hey you two, stop fidgeting around. Stand proud. You are the final contestants of this exam after all.” The examiner said. Hey, what happened to the really sick guy from last month? “The name's Genma.”
 
“Look, the fights have been changed last minute. Look closely to see who's match is changed up.” Genma said. I looked and saw that Shikamaru's changed. Did that guy flake out?
 
“What happens if Sasuke isn't here now?” I asked.
 
“If he's not here by the time of his match, he'll lose by forfeit.” Was his answer. Oh shit. Sasuke better make it here on time because I want to fight him bad! And if he chickened out, I'll beat him up! And I'm still mad at Sakura too. What did Sasuke do for her except torment her and make her a zombie?! I'm the one who's trying to help!
 
***SAKURA'S POV
 
I guess now is the time to go back to my seat. There was no point of being here if Zakura was just going to leave us like that. I wonder what's here problem with Gaara? I mean, he is kinda creepy but they seem like they've met before.
 
“C'mon Ino, we don't belong here.” I said jumping back down to the arena. We walked by again and I heard the Hokage make announcements about the exams. I silently waved to Naruto even though he ignored me. Sill mad, huh? Whatever.
 
The other ninja went into their own personal balcony while Neji and Naruto stood in the arena. I didn't hear him clearly, but I knew he was repeating his vow about winning for Hinata. Speaking of Hyuga, I spotted her father and sister on the other side. Hanabi looked pleased, but Hiashi kept a frown on his face. Damn him for putting Hinata through bullshit and treating Hanabi like she's all that! He-
 
“Ummm…Sakura?” I heard Ino ask. I turned to her and she flinched a little. What did my face look like? “Aside from your stoic look to the crowd, I think you should at least cheer Naruto on…”
 
“Oh, yea,” I muttered looking down. I guessed that Genma said begin because a whole bunch of Naruto's appeared. I had to roll my eyes at that. Honestly, was he really just the one move wonder? I think he has a lot of luck on his side if he only performs a clone technique and wins all the time.
 
Mental note: Beat the shit out of Sasuke for two reasons. 1- He's late. 2- He put me through bullshit as well.
 
“Sakura?” Ino said. She crossed her arms and looked at me seriously. “I don't know the details about what went on between you and Sasuke, but at least try to get over it. What's done is in the past. Go back to normal!”
 
“I'll keep that in mind,” I replied. Now I'll definitely beat the shit out of Sasuke. I never wanted it to be like this. I'm not supposed to be here thinking about hurting someone but I am. And I can't help it either. There are only two things I know for sure.
 
I'm in love with Sasuke no matter what.
 
…And I might be infatuated with Naruto too.
 
 
 
 
 
Oh yea, cliffy. I posted up Masquerade Ball to so check that out. It's a one shot but I think it's good anyway. Broken In Pieces will probably be out in late April or early May. Um…feedback!
AnimePrincessInuLover- Interesting? Yep, that's the word! I put up Masquerade Ball so check that out. And thanks for reading too. I like feedback!! ^^
 
-Satans_Spawnishly_Daughter- : OMG you almost got locked up in a nut house?! What's it like in there?! Anyway, yea accusing you of that kind of stuff is bullshit! You're cool girl! Please update your stories soon!! Especially You're SELLING Me?!. That one's funny!!! XD