Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Desperately ❯ Chapter 14

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Jesus Christ had dreads, so shake `em! I ain't got none, but I'm plannin' on growin' some! Imagine all the Hebrews doin' dumb and dancin' on top of chariots pullin' tight ones! Ooh! Tell me when to go! -E40 Tell Me When to Go
 
That's my song of the week. It's my JAM!! Umm…oh yeah, I remember! I'm going to skip Naruto's fight because NOTHING special happened in the crowd. And Shika's fight is skipped too because nothing special happened except when Chouji came. BUT, I will start after his fight because I want to add on from there. Okay, I'm done babbling.
***
 
“Wow, he gave up.” Sakura said slightly amazed. She knew Shikamaru was lazy and all, but this was seriously ridiculous. He could've given her one blow and THEN given up.
 
“WHY?! Why'd he give up?!” Ino yelled shaking Chouji by his collar. He was just smiling and eating chips. Sakura took a bag too, but he didn't care.
 
“It seems you don't know Shikamaru at all Ino. I told you he was going to give up!” Chouji gloated opening another bag.
 
They saw Naruto jump down and `lecture Shikamaru'. He was obviously ignoring him and started stretching. Temari was staring at him like he was insane. Well, maybe he was, but he was definitely diabolical.
 
“Sasuke better get his ass here on time…” Sakura muttered crossing her arms. “I'll have a laughing fit if he comes late and finds out he lost by forfeit!”
 
 
 
“Bird boy isn't here yet, Sarutobi.” Zakura reminded turning her head away from the ground. “What now?”
 
“He'll have to lose by forfeit then,” He answered. Just when the Kazakage was about to say something, Zakura cut him off.
 
“That's a bad idea. A majority of the people sitting here are just here to watch his fight. They are already crazy as it is, and it will only upset them even more. Give him another minute to show, sir. He should show.” Zakura said.
 
“You're very persistent about this Zakura. What has come over you?” Hokage asked.
 
“I am part of the majority.” Zakura answered smiling. She jumped down to tell Genma the knews. After she walked over to Naruto and put her arm around his shoulder.
 
“That was pretty cool. You too Shika,” Zakura complimented them both. They blushed when they looked up to see her, an obvious reaction.
 
“What are you doing here?” Naruto asked.
 
“I'm a special guest and of course I like watching little kids beat the shit out of each other!” Zakura answered grinning like a fool. “I wonder where Sasuke is…”
 
“He'll show, I'm sure of it! He'd come here even if he had to crawl or kill somebody. Sasuke would do it!” Naruto interjected. That caught Zakura off guard for a moment, but she quickly composed herself.
 
“I guess that's it then.” Genma muttered. “Alright, since the other combatant is late, this match-”
 
A tornado of leaves appeared swirling from the arena. There was Sasuke and Kakashi, making their entrance. The crowd went silent.
 
“What's with the tacky opening?” Zakura said rolling her eyes. Kakashi chuckled quietly to himself.
 
“You're name?” Genma asked.
 
“Uchiha, Sasuke.” He answered.
 
Then the crowd went wild!! Zakura started laughing and gave Kakashi a high five. “You are soo lucky. We postponed your match to the end. What's up with you nowadays bird boy? Did you catch Kakashi's late disease?”
 
“Shut up,” Sasuke replied giving her a high five too.
 
“I thought you weren't gonna come because you were afraid to fight me!” Naruto exclaimed.
 
“Don't get your hopes up. I take it you won you battle?” Sakura asked.
 
“Duh, of course!” Naruto said getting excited. Zakura smirked and rolled her eyes. They were like brothers but wouldn't admit it. She looked at Sasuke and saw him glaring at Gaara.
 
“Oi, browless wonder, get your ass down here and stop glaring! And grow some eyebrows, would ya?” Zakura yelled. Sasuke had to smirk at that one. Naruto and Shikamaru were having a laugh attack.
 
“You better not lose to that guy.” Naruto said.
 
“Yea.” Sasuke replied.
 
“Sasuke!! I want to fight you too!”
 
“…Yea.”
 
“Hey look at browless wonder…He went psycho in just a few seconds!” Zakura said pointing up. They looked in the direction of her finger but she disappeared. Then she just reappeared standing on the railing with her face inches away from his.
 
“Is she insane?!” Naruto exclaimed. Kakashi and Genma just nodded their heads and watched.
 
“She's a moron waiting to get killed…” Sasuke muttered rolling his eyes.
 
“Whatchya think your lookin' at?” Zakura asked randomly. Temari and Kankuro jumped back in surprise.
 
“Girl, what are you doing?! Are you insane?!” Temari yelled.
 
“Yup!” Zakura answered.
 
“…That was a rhetorical question.”
 
“Oooh….”
 
“Idiot.”
 
“Your brother has completely lost it in only a few seconds. He has no control whatsoever.” Zakura muttered poking his forehead. He glared at her for a second, and then walked away. “Well, at least he remembers me.”
 
“What are you talking about?” Kankuro demanded.
 
“Me and him go waaay back! I knew your mommy too. Shukaku can be a serious jackass sometimes…” Zakura said talking to herself. She ran after Gaara leaving them both speechless.
 
“She knew mom?” Temari asked. Kankuro didn't answer. Neither of them remembered her at all.
 
“Hey raccoon boy, wait!!” Zakura called catching up to him. He gave her a low hiss as a sign of acknowledgment. “Are you gonna turn into a snake?”
 
“Stop spouting nonsense,” Gaara replied. Zakura grabbed his chin with her hand and looked at his face from side to side.
 
“You're like a zombie under Shukaku's control…” Zakura started talking to herself again. “He really gotta lay off the sleeping- What do you want?!”
 
“Stupid tournaments like this are good for betting. Some feudal lords came here just for that reason.” One ninja said.
 
“So, this match…we need you to lose it.” The other said. “Hey at least say something.”
 
“Are you too scared to talk?” The ninja egged on. They both took out a kunai.
 
“I don't have time for this. Browless wonder, you take care of it.” Zakura said backing away.
 
Sand flew out of the gourd and surrounded the ninja. He was crushed in seconds. Then the sand went after the other ninja and he tried to run. He got grabbed and dragged back in the hallway.
 
“AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!”
 
“But why?!”
 
“Was that Zakura?!” Shikamaru asked quietly.
 
“Oh my god, Gaara killed Zakura…” Naruto muttered. But then they both saw Gaara walk out of there like nothing happened. They stood there stunned until he passed by.
 
“I have never seen anyone kill automatically like that before.” Shikamaru said breaking the silence.
 
“I know-” Naruto said but was cut off when an icy hand touched his shoulder. “OH SH-”
 
“It's me, moron.” Zakura said. The bottom of her cloak that dragged on the floor was ripped, and her sharp green eyes were wild and glassy.
 
“What happened?! Did he attack you?!” Naruto demanded standing.
 
“No, not at all. It's entirely different.” Zakura answered. It was only a warning, she thought to herself.
 
-FLASHBACK-
 
“Shukaku says you have to get out of here during my match. Get away from the village quickly.” Gaara said while killing off the first ninja.
 
“You're starting a war?!” Zakura whispered back. The other ninja was now trying to run.
 
“He says forget about it and leave.”
 
“I won't! I'm staying here and protecting you!”
 
“He said just listen and get out of here dammit! Just listen to me for once, kit!” Gaara said relaying Shukaku's word.
 
“AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!” The ninja screamed.
 
“But why?!” Zakura yelled over the noise. The sand pulled at her cloak until the bottom ripped and a hand made of sane slapped her lightly
 
“Forget about me kit. Stay away.” Gaara said almost sounding like Shukaku. He started walking away.
 
“Never.” Zakura whispered. Her eyes started stinging and tears threatened to fall. “I won't leave my comrades to fall. Never.”
 
-END FLASHBACK.-
 
“Zakura?” Naruto said looking into her eyes. He saw buds of tears forming and her eyes were more glassy than wild.
 
“I have to go back,” Zakura whispered before disappearing.
 
“Wait!” Naruto called reaching for her but he only grabbed the air.
 
“What happened back there?” Shikamaru asked.
 
“I don't know…” Naruto muttered.
***
 
“Yo, Guy. Ah, you're fine now Lee?” Kakashi said.
 
“Oh, fuck you!! No contact, no nothing!!” Sakura growled turning around.
 
“Sorry, sorry. I forgot to let you know about this!” He said.
 
“I could care less about that! What about the mark on Sasuke's neck?!” Sakura demanded.
 
“No need for worries now!” Kakashi answered. He smiled under his mask and winked.
 
“Okay…” Sakura smiled slightly turning back around.
 
“Eight ANBU black ops? Two platoons aren't enough to protect this giant stadium.” Kakashi said.
 
“Others are stationed outside of the walls of Konoha. We don't know how the enemy will attack. Don't let your guard down.” Zakura said walking down the stairs. “Oh, hey Lee.”
 
“Aren't you supposed to be with Lord Hokage?” Guy asked.
 
“I'm a special guest. I can roam around too!” Zakura smiled.
 
“Gaara looks like a hunchback from here.” Ino said. Sakura elbowed her and snickered. “You know it's true.”
 
“It looks like he's about to crawl on all fours. Bow down to Sasuke!” Zakura joked walking around like a zombie.
 
“Okay…now he's talking to himself.” Sakura added.
 
“I think he's talking about his momma.” Ino said. “Did he just call Sasuke `mom'?”
 
“Oh my god, he is gay!” Zakura chimed in. “Ewww…Sasuke was pregnant…”
 
“WILL YOU SHUT UP?!” Someone from the crowd yelled.
 
“Yo Chouji pass me the bbq flavored ones,” Zakura said ignoring him. He passed her the bag and that got her quiet in no time!
***
 
“Sensei!!!!” Naruto yelled running at full speed. He didn't have enough time to stop so he flew on top of Zakura.
 
“Son of a…” Zakura muttered struggling for air. “You crushed my chips, ya shithead…”
 
“You have to stop this match! He's totally different from us! He kills for a living!!” Naruto yelled.
 
“What are you talking about?” Ino asked.
 
“At this rate Sasuke is gonna DIE!” Naruto continued.
 
Zakura frowned and pushed Naruto off of her.
 
“Don't worry about it. We were late for a reason.” Kakashi said.
 
“Why is that?” Sakura asked.
 
“You really want to know?”
 
“This is no time for talking!!” Naruto yelled again.
 
“Shut up and watch him Naruto. You'll be surprised.” Zakura commanded, all eyes on her.
 
“I supervised Sasuke's training…because he is very similar to me,” Kakashi said.
 
“Hell yea!! That kicks ass!!” Zakura yelled punching the air. “You have to have the speed, stamina, and the ability to focus your chakra into one point. This move emits a kind of chirping sound like a bird. That's why this move is called…Chidori.”
 
Sasuke broke through Gaara's sand meatball thingy (I don't know wtf that is).
 
“AAAAAAAH!!! BLOOD!!! MY BLOOD!!!” Gaara screamed in terror.
 
“Holy shit, Gaara got a set of lungs!!” Zakura exclaimed hiding behind Naruto. “Seems Gaara can't take a lethal ass whoopin'.”
 
Then, they felt this evil aura around them when some thing grabbed Sasuke's arm and was pulled out.
 
“What the hell was that?” Sakura asked absolutely terrified.
 
“My eyes are…What the…?” Naruto said about to nod off into sleep.
 
“This is an illusion.” Zakura said dropping Naruto. “Release!”
 
BOOM!!!
 
“Ah!! Oh NO!!!” Zakura screamed. “Lord Hokage!!”
 
“Zakura stay here, and protect everyone else!” Kakashi commanded.
 
“No way!! I'm fighting too!” Zakura screamed back jumping down.
 
“What the hell is going on?!?!” Sasuke demanded. Gaara's other two siblings were standing next to him and his sensei.
 
“I said get out of here! I'll stay here and play!” Baki ordered. They hesitated but left with Gaara in their arms.
 
“The exams are now over. This is a real war. Follow them, but do not go outside of the village. This is different from the exams.” Genma said.
 
“It's the same thing!” Sasuke retorted jumping away.
 
“Sasuke!!!” Zakura yelled running beside him outside of the arena. “I'm coming with you!”
 
“Why?” Sasuke asked.
 
“I have something to settle with raccoon boy and will swear I'll kill anyone who gets in our way.” Zakura said grimly.
 
“So, does this mean we're a tag team?” Sasuke wondered aloud.
 
“I guess.” Zakura answered. “Let's pick up the pace, Sasuke. I refuse to lose them now!”
 
“Don't think you can boss me around!” Sasuke reminded her speeding up.
 
“Just don't slow me down okay? I'm enjoying this.” Zakura smirked looking ahead.
 
“As if!” Sasuke said. “Just try to keep up okay?”
 
“Don't run away!” Zakura mocked him going WAY ahead. He caught up shortly and glared at her. “What?”
 
“When we get back from this, you're training me got it?!” Sasuke ordered.
 
“Yes ma'am!” Zakura said.
 
“Just do it okay?!”
 
“I will if I feel like it.”
***
 
“CUTE!!!!! Not.” Sakura said. Kakashi had summoned Pakkun and given her orders to pursue Sasuke and stop him.
 
“Hey, little girl! I am NOT a cute little dog!” Pakkun clarified. Sakura sweat dropped.
 
“You are NOT cute at all!!” Sakura retorted. “You look like and old man in doggy form!”
 
“Ugh, how rude!” Pakkum scoffed in disgust. “You'll never get a boyfriend!”
 
“WHA-We don't have time for this doggy! I have to wake up Naruto and Shika!” Sakura said remembering what she was told to do.
 
“Hurry it up!” Kakashi ordered.
 
“Yea get out of the way doggy!” Sakura scolded.
 
“IT'S PAKKUN!!” Pakkun yelled back about to lose it.
 
“SHUT UP AND GET THE UP DAMMIT!!” Kakashi yelled over the noise.
 
“Damn…” Sakura muttered crawling over to Naruto. “Ew he's drooling!”
 
 
 
 
 
Um…yeah that's it. I'm hungry, you? Leaf in the Desert had been updated recently. That's by the_amber_dragonfly, I think. It's something with amber and dragonfly. Anyways, Sakura Uchiha by -Satans_Spawnishly_Daughter- is updated too! And Samurai Jack is airing again on Toonami at 10:30 for those who used to watch it way back when…
Um…Broken in Pieces should be out sometime after April 18th. Why that time? Cause I feel like it. Thank you for reading my LOVELY reviewers: -Satans_Spawnishly_Daughter- and LusterBlossom. PLZ REVIEW!! You can email me ideas if u like, or put them in your review.
 
SmilezPeepz I Outtie!