Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Desperately ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It's true, we're all a little insane but it' so clear now that I'm unchained. Fear is only in our minds. Taking over all the time. Fear is only in our minds. Taking over all the time. You poor, sweet, innocent thing! Dry your eyes. And testify! You know you live to break to me. Don't deny sweet sacrifice. -Evanscence `Sweet Sacrafice'
 
That's my jam of the week. Why? Because my Internet went down on Saturday and I thought I was going to DIE. When I played that song, it made me realize some things. I thought the Internet people were trying to kill me…yea. Here it is. I am NOT writing Orochimaru's fight at all. It's all about Gaara baby! WOOO!!
***ZAKURA POV
 
“We finally caught up to you,” Sasuke stated. I kept silent. If I said anything, I'd probably explode in rage and kill everyone in sight. Yea, I'll stay quiet even thought that would be pretty fun…
 
“Cheh…Kankuro, take him and go! I got this!” Temari commanded. Oh, so she's the `hero' now? She'll lose. Badly.
 
“No, you take him and go!” Kankuro countered.
 
“Fine!” She yelled back. She disappeared in seconds. Now I had to comment on that.
 
“Are you seriously sure you can handle…me?” I asked crossing my arms and squeezing them tightly. Maybe that was a bad idea. I really want to fight now. He didn't answer. “I guess that's a no.”
 
“I wanted to fight him, but it seems I'll have to defeat you first.” Sasuke said getting into his defense. I crouched down and snarled in rage.
 
“No! I'll be his opponent,” Someone beside us said. I glanced and saw bug dude standing next to us.
 
“Shino?” Sasuke asked. “How'd you find us?”
 
“I put a female bug on you before you left the arena. Even the smell is almost scentless, male bugs can still detect it.” Shino explained. I saw a bug fly of of Sasuke's shoulder. “Since I was supposed to fight him, I'll do it. Go after Gaara and fight.”
 
“Aw shit!” Kankuro mumbled. “Looks like I'll have to fight you then.”
 
“Enough talking! Let's go!!” I yelled zooming straight past Kankuro. My mind was purely on Gaara now. I was not leaving without giving him a piece of my mind!
 
“Hey wait!” Sasuke called behind me. I wasn't waiting. I went even faster until I totally left him way far behind. That's when Temari's back appeared. I stopped and watched what was going on.
 
“Temari, get away from here…” Gaara muttered. Temari stood up and looked confused, but he smacked her into a tree. “Just shut up and go! You're in the way!!”
 
He glared at my direction. I stepped out and glared back at him. “I told you to get out of here, girl…”
 
I pulled back my lips in a terrifying grimace and let loose a catlike snarl. He took one step back in fear, I could tell. I saw Temari in the corner of my eye cowering in fear.
 
“Z-Zakura?” Sasuke said standing a deal of a distance beside me. I was still snarling and didn't intend on stopping.
 
“I don't know what you sand ninja are plotting, but I will stop you!” Sasuke stated. “Show you're true face!!”
 
 
“You are strong. You are called Uchiha. You have friends.” Gaara said said clutching his head and grunting. “By killing you I can confirm my existence and feel alive…”
 
“Sasuke…Get out of here now…” I managed to growl out crouching again. “This fight is way out of you're league…”
 
It was only Gaara and Sasuke's voice in my world now. I could only see Gaara. He started saying things, but I couldn't understand them. Blue marks started appearing on his face. This is bad. Then, I understood.
 
“YOU'RE…. MY….PREY!!!!!!!!” Gaara screamed transforming. I saw Shukaku's arms fly out, and then I looked at his face. It had Shukaku written all over it.
 
“BITCHASS, COME GET ME!!!” I roared running straight for him. He jumped up and flew for me. We clashed and sounded like boulders hitting against each other. I haven't been so pissed in my life since 12 years ago…
 
“Girlie…!” Gaara started but I cut him off.
 
“Girlie?!” I screeched in disbelief. “Okay, raccoon shit, you're mine!!”
I glanced at my hand and noticed it went pure white with practically all my blue veins showing and my hair had turned to fire. I was not holding back and showing my true self was a must. I am NOT human. Plus, I had a wider view of vision and my canines felt sharper. Cool, huh?
 
***SASUKE POV
 
Okay its official. Zakura is definitely not a human like everyone thinks she is. Her hair is on fire, her skin is so pale I can see most of her veins, her whole eye has turned pitch black, AND her canines are longer. Have I missed anything?! She looks like a psycho fire pixie or whatever.
 
“It's like two monsters battling it out…” I muttered to myself. Shit, it's probably true.
 
What just a goddamn minute!! Why the hell am I standing here watching?! This is my fight! He's my opponent!! Fuck this shit! I'm fighting too!
 
…I would've just gone over there and kicked ass, but I don't think I'd have a chance to live if I did. If Gaara wouldn't do it, it's Zakura that would. I'm just gonna stay put until I find and opening. A WIDE opening…
 
“Aw, fuck,” I said. I'm useless in this situation. How am I supposed to fight mutated ninja? (teenage mutate ninja turtles! XD!!)
 
***SAKURA POV
 
Ummm…what should I say? We're following the lead of a mutt, and our team consists of: An idiot, a lazy idiot, and me, the pink-haired girl. Did I forget something? Oh, yeah! WE'RE NOT THERE YET!!
 
“Are we there yet?” I asked for the…millionth time, was it? Of course, no one answered. Until the dog catches a stronger whiff of Sasuke's odor, we're fuckin' old ladies drinking tea and crumpets on a Sunday afternoon! NOT COOL.
 
“We're being pursued by others!!” Pakkun said taking a giant sniff in the air. That dog is on that white stuff, huh? Sniffing that stuff all day…He's on some BAD grass.
 
“So, who's gonna stay behind?” I asked. And now the complete silence begins. Well damn sho' I ain't going cause I gotta beat Sasuke's ass!
 
“The only choice is me…” Shikamaru sighed and stopped short. “My techniques are pretty much made for ambush and capture so…go on without me. I'll catch up.”
 
“And why would we trust you? You'd try to run and give up, as usual.” I said. I don't hate Shika, but he's not really all that reliable.
 
“Just drop it!” Naruto exclaimed. “Shikamaru may not always be as reliable as you want him to, but he's no traitor! Let's go!”
 
I rolled my eyes and followed behind him and the dog.
 
“Ay, time out a sec!!” I called out to Shikamaru. He turned and tapped his foot impatiently.
 
“Don't do anything stupid, got it?!” I said pointing my thumb to my chest. “That's our job!”
 
“Troublesome woman…” He muttered before continuing on his path. I stared after him for a moment, and then went rock hard.
 
“Lead us to Sasuke mutt,” I demanded in a low voice. Naruto's eyes widened in surprise, but then he narrowed them.
 
“Yea, this is serious.” He said in a flat tone. I could tell he was still annoyed at the thought of me choosing Sasuke over him. But I don't need help. I don't have a damn problem. I'm just…confused.
 
“What up with you two all of a sudden? Broke up recently?” The mutt asked. He was getting on my nerves, but it was obvious he struck Naruto's nerve.
 
“SHUT THE FUCK UP!!” Naruto yelled actually startling me. Even though I didn't like the mutt, I stood up for him.
 
“Will you cool it?! It was just a question!” I exclaimed. But his glare immediately had me losing steam. Are his eyes supposed to be red…?
 
“I don't need to cool it!! You're the one with the problem!” Naruto accused me. Oh hell no! I wasn't about to let him make me feel bad.
 
“If you would just butt out of my damn business then I wouldn't have a problem!” Wrong comeback.
 
“Me?! Sasuke's the one that told you to kill yourself! Shit, I'm actually glad he did too!” Naruto spat back crossing his arms. “Because of your stupid love for him you're all fucked up and alone like the rest of us! Welcome to the real world!”
 
“I am not fucked up like the rest of you!” I argued back feeling really stupid.
 
“Oh, so now we're the out casts?? Are you insane woman?!” Naruto yelled making me jump back. “What are you then? Confused?!”
 
“YEA, I AM!!” I screamed so loud that birds flew out of the tree. Naruto punched the trunk and it trembled like crazy.
 
“Confused huh?” He muttered looking down with his fist still on the tree. He finally looked up to me and I saw dull blue eyes. “Is that why you don't want help? Because you're…fuckin' CONFUSED???”
 
“Damn right! I got Zakur-” I stopped short. Wait a minute. She left, didn't she? So I am part of the crowd…all alone.
 
“Yea, I know about her. Zakura-” He sneered her name, “-said you didn't need help either. But she's gone now right? Who're you gonna depend on now?”
 
“Sasuke,” I said fiercely. I watched Naruto's eyes get even duller…and then he started laughing hysterically!!
 
“S-Sasuke?! Help you?” Naruto choked out still snickering. “The guy just asked you to kill yourself and you're gonna depend on him? He's the one that has you `confused' dumb shit!”
 
“How is that funny?” I demanded stomping my foot. It was until I looked down the dog was still there covering his ears cowering. Naruto immediately got serious.
 
“How is it not funny?” He countered. “There are so many people trying to help you, minus Sasuke, and you look to depend on him. It's so sad it's funny. If I don't laugh, I'll cry.”
 
That one took me off guard. I grimaced and looked away. I heard Naruto shifting, meaning he came closer to me. Warm, trembling hands took my face and lifted me up. I saw my favorite cerulean eyes back, but a tear fell from his eye.
 
“Why don't you trust me?” He whispered, his voice cracking. My brow furrowed and my eyes started stinging.
 
“Naruto…” I mumbled holding his hands to my face. “I can't.”
 
Naruto went rigid for a second, and dropped his arms from my face. He gave me his signature grin, but I knew he was trying too hard. “That's cool!”
 
“L-Let's just keep going okay?” The dog said glancing back and forth at us. “We've wasted some time…”
 
“Right.” I said, my voice almost inaudible. How could I look at Naruto the same anymore?
 
 
 
 
 
Uhhh…sorry? Okay I deserve a slap for that one? How late am I? Three weeks? I'M SOO SORRY!!! I'll update the way I usually do from now on okay? Yea, I know this chapter is short. You're probably like `This bitch has been gone for so long and only has this much? Ma Fucka!!' Okay, feedback.
 
Sandragon:: YAY!! You're back!! I think I kinda OOC'd Gaara a bit too much…but in this chapter I made him a complete psycho!! But hey, that's how he acted in the episode right?
 
Satans_Spawnishly_Daughter:: WAZZUP??? I absolutely love you're story Twins! NOW FUCKIN UPDATE ON YOUR OTHER STORIES!!
 
AnimePrincessInuLover:: -scoffs- Whatever!! You know you like you're evil author friend! I know you want Sasuke to end up with Sakura. But I have this WONDERFUL twist!! Plus, I won't tell!! -snickers- Lolz, who's evil? I'm evil!
 
LusterBlossom:: I never mentioned this before, but I LOVE you're username! It just has a certain flow. Anyways, Zakura doesn't like Gaara. It's Shukaku she likes. I'll explain that later on! But they will have a connection later…(major spoiler). There's a reason Naruto ignores her! If you read closely during the fight between him and Sakura, you'll see!